PDA

View Full Version : (NHC) Live radio from Craigmount HS's Scottish Cup final

bob12345
20-05-2013, 06:29 PM
Craigmount U14s are currently playing in the Scottish Cup final against Braidhurst. Live commentary is available here if anyone wants to see how the Edinburgh school gets on, on the big stage... http://radio.youthfootballscotland.co.uk/craigmount-high-school-v-braidhurst-high-school-ssfa-u14s-shield/

CorrieHibs
20-05-2013, 06:31 PM
Craigmount U14s are currently playing in the Scottish Cup final against Braidhurst. Live commentary is available here if anyone wants to see how the Edinburgh school gets on, on the big stage... http://radio.youthfootballscotland.co.uk/craigmount-high-school-v-braidhurst-high-school-ssfa-u14s-shield/

Great school for producing talent!

C'mon the Craigie!

cam75
20-05-2013, 06:33 PM
That was my school Napier house:-)

Hermit Crab
20-05-2013, 06:49 PM
That was my school Napier house:-)

That was my school too although I was at the old one. I was in Adam house A2.

BoltonHibee
20-05-2013, 07:40 PM
That was my school too although I was at the old one. I was in Adam house A2.

One of my old schools too. Where is the new one?

Hermit Crab
20-05-2013, 07:47 PM

Built on top of the old ash hockey pitches and bottom fields. The new AstroTurf pitch is built on the old p.e hall. The rest of the old school was lost to housing including the top rugby pitches and farmers field that backed on to the maybury rd. such a shame. A landmark lost forever. :{

...WentToMowAnSPL
20-05-2013, 07:53 PM
My old school ... Was in Adam.. Before it got condemned and rebuilt :-)

Hermit Crab
20-05-2013, 07:55 PM
My old school ... Was in Adam.. Before it got condemned and rebuilt :-)

Same. Adam house too

Scouse Hibee
20-05-2013, 07:58 PM
Built on top of the old ash hockey pitches and bottom fields. The new AstroTurf pitch is built on the old p.e hall. The rest of the old school was lost to housing including the top rugby pitches and farmers field that backed on to the maybury rd. such a shame. A landmark lost forever. :{

:agree: There were cows in the field when I moved into North Gyle in 92. Just asked the missus, she was in Scott house

JoeTortolanoFanClub
20-05-2013, 08:01 PM
I was in Raeburn, then Scott.

cam75
20-05-2013, 08:38 PM

Drove past there the weekend of the SF strange to see the old banana block gone,a lot smaller with all the new houses built around.

CorrieHibs
20-05-2013, 08:41 PM
I was in Lister in the old school!

stantonhibby
20-05-2013, 08:47 PM
I was in Lister in the old school!

Hume for me.

StevieC
20-05-2013, 08:58 PM
'Mon the Craigie :thumbsup:

Old School ... Lister .. L3 :greengrin

Next thing you know this thread will be throwing up teachers names :wink:

BoltonHibee
20-05-2013, 09:01 PM
I can't remember my house although Lister rings a bell. I can't remember any teachers names, but I recall the Janitor was Mr. Bates

Hermit Crab
20-05-2013, 09:03 PM

Miss Cunningham aka froggy ;)

Hermit Crab
20-05-2013, 09:04 PM
I can't remember my house although Lister rings a bell. I can't remember any teachers names, but I recall the Janitor was Mr. Bates

When I was there one of the janitors got his leg broken by 6 formers who were carrying out leaving day pranks.

Ken
20-05-2013, 09:08 PM
Mrs Darcy: "Hush at the back"

CorrieHibs
20-05-2013, 09:10 PM
The boys got beat 5-1.

Hermit Crab
20-05-2013, 09:13 PM
Mrs Darcy: "Hush at the back"

That name rings a bell. Mr vass maths McDowell in techy and Dr Glasby too - he was a hard barsteward of a teacher.

tbfhibs
20-05-2013, 09:19 PM
That name rings a bell. Mr vass maths McDowell in techy and Dr Glasby too - he was a hard barsteward of a teacher.

Mr Cursiter, maths hand still stinging from four of the belt.

CorrieHibs
20-05-2013, 09:21 PM

Mr Vass was history

Benny Brazil
20-05-2013, 09:23 PM

Mrs Heggie - house pretty sure it was Napier :greengrin
Mr Lynch PE teacher
Mr Morrison Woodwork teacher
Mr Sommerville PE teacher
Dr Nail - English teacher

all I can remember just now :greengrin

Hermit Crab
20-05-2013, 09:27 PM
Mr Vass was history

Your right. He was history, my bad. Can't mind who my maths teacher was but he was from Perth and a st Johnstone fan.

Hermit Crab
20-05-2013, 09:29 PM
Mrs Heggie - house pretty sure it was Napier :greengrin
Mr Lynch PE teacher
Mr Morrison Woodwork teacher
Mr Sommerville PE teacher
Dr Nail - English teacher

all I can remember just now :greengrin

Yeh. Sam lynch one time manager of Spartans and hibby. Mind of Morrison and Somerville but not Dr Nail

JoeTortolanoFanClub
20-05-2013, 09:29 PM
Mr Vass was history

Andrew Vass was an amazing teacher. More than 30 years on, I still remember vividly a lesson on the Reformation which he conducted as if he was a Church of Scotland Minister. Absolute genius. I think he retired a couple of years ago.

tbfhibs
20-05-2013, 09:31 PM
Mr lloyd modern studies
Gus Mcpherson also modern studies
Budgie woodwork
Clapperton geography
Miss Cowe f and n

Benny Brazil
20-05-2013, 09:32 PM
Yeh. Sam lynch one time manager of Spartans and hibby. Mind of Morrison and Somerville but not Dr Nail

Thought Lynch was a Celtc fan - but was many years ago so could be wrong - Dr Nail - American guy my house tutor and English teacher - might not have been there when you were

Hermit Crab
20-05-2013, 09:33 PM
Andrew Vass was an amazing teacher. More than 30 years on, I still remember vividly a lesson on the Reformation which he conducted as if he was a Church of Scotland Minister. Absolute genius. I think he retired a couple of years ago.

He used to stay in the broomhall area very near to where I grew up. Didn't know he had retired. I did like him as a teacher.

Kenny kinnear geography
Ms smith history.
Mr Millar French.
There are many more whose names escape me.

Hermit Crab
20-05-2013, 09:36 PM
Thought Lynch was a Celtc fan - but was many years ago so could be wrong - Dr Nail - American guy my house tutor and English teacher - might not have been there when you were

Don't think so I was there from the mid nineties.

Dr abbot in computing he looked like Einstein. He hated me.
That radge physics teacher who couldn't control his classes? Can't mind his name.

cam75
20-05-2013, 09:36 PM
Mr Vass was quality sadly the Romans made mr drop highers for mod studies Miss Kidd now she takes me back,
Mr duguied A proper Tory

hailhail22
20-05-2013, 09:38 PM
Miss mylecreest RE (not sure with the spelling)...... Beautiful

Hermit Crab
20-05-2013, 09:39 PM
Mr Vass was quality sadly the Romans made mr drop highers for mod studies Miss Kidd now she takes me back,
Mr duguied A proper Tory

Mind of miss Kidd.

Anyone mind of miss Campbell RE? From Orkney or something 6ft3 and she used to scream at you. Eeeeeeeeeeekkkkk sit downnnnnnnnn haha. What a boot.

Davy Mac
Portobello & Craigmount are the best 2 Edinburgh schools at the moment.

Some cracking games recently, my S1 old lad from Portobello beat Craigmount at Meggatland a couple of weeks ago 3-2 in the Edinburgh Schools Cup Final and my other lad in S2 Portobello also played Craigmount in the Final but got beat 0-4.

Some great talent around just now and we just need to keep working on their confidence, natural ability and encouragement.

C'mon Porty! ;-)

Hermit Crab

Oh yes hot hot hot. She done Karate or something like that ??

stantonhibby
20-05-2013, 09:42 PM

Mrs Morrison was an English teacher I think
Mr clapperton-geography
Mr cannon-modern studies (see him at Easter rd)

Hermit Crab
20-05-2013, 09:44 PM
Mr clapperton-geography

Def mind of cannon. Didn't know he was a hibby and wouldn't recognise him now I don't think.

JoeTortolanoFanClub
20-05-2013, 09:46 PM

The English department was really strong when I was there: David Nale, John Carson and Jim Aitken.

Another good history teacher I remember was Vic Moffatt. A good Hibby.

Benny Brazil
20-05-2013, 09:46 PM
Mr clapperton-geography

Nah Morrison was definitely woodwork - or Craft and Design as it was changed too - remember him living just across from the Rainbow Inn - he caught me and a couple of friends in the Rainbow at age of 15 - to his credit he said nothing until the next day in class :greengrin

Benny Brazil
20-05-2013, 09:48 PM
The English department was really strong when I was there: David Nale, John Carson and Jim Aitken.

Another good history teacher I remember was Vic Moffatt. A good Hibby.

Carson was a good laugh during English

Hermit Crab
20-05-2013, 09:48 PM
Mind one of the cdt (techy) teachers used to nip out to his car for a fag and a swig from his hip flask between periods. Spotted several times by pupils including myself. Can't mind his name though.

Hermit Crab
20-05-2013, 09:49 PM
Nah Morrison was definitely woodwork - or Craft and Design as it was changed too - remember him living just across from the Rainbow Inn - he caught me and a couple of friends in the Rainbow at age of 15 - to his credit he said nothing until the next day in class :greengrin

Was he the bevy merchant I was referring to?

hailhail22
20-05-2013, 09:49 PM

Hahaha I think so it rings a bell

hailhail22
20-05-2013, 09:50 PM
Mind one of the cdt (techy) teachers used to nip out to his car for a fag and a swig from his hip flask between periods. Spotted several times by pupils including myself. Can't mind his name though.

Mr Sutherland !! Would jump out to his skoda every 10mins for a fag

Hermit Crab
20-05-2013, 09:51 PM
Mr Sutherland !! Would jump out to his skoda every 10mins for a fag

Well done that man. That's the fella. Used to reek of flags and booze.

Benny Brazil
20-05-2013, 09:52 PM
Was he the bevy merchant I was referring to?

Could be yes - he was in there most nights during the week

JoeTortolanoFanClub
20-05-2013, 09:53 PM
Mr clapperton-geography

My first Modern Studies teacher was Martin O'Neill...until he didn't turn up one day because he had just been elected to Parliament...another good Hibby, he was on the board for a while...now in the House of Lords.

hailhail22
20-05-2013, 09:54 PM
Could be yes - he was in there most nights during the week

There was Mr walker business management who used to have a wee swig between classes ?

Sean1875
20-05-2013, 10:15 PM

I was convinced I was in love with her, she did belly dancing and once showed us a bit of it mid class, almost ejaculated everywhere. :aok:

bob12345
20-05-2013, 10:51 PM

I'm pretty sure Sam Lynch was coaching the team tonight!

FromTheCapital
20-05-2013, 11:07 PM
My wee brother is in S2 at Gracemount... Were beating Craigmount 2-0 at half time and were the better side but got beat 5-2 in the end, gave it far too much in the first half. They beat Portobello 3-2 away if I remember correctly. All three of them are cracking wee teams. :aok:

CorrieHibs
21-05-2013, 02:50 PM

Sam lynch is a Celtic fan!

CorrieHibs
21-05-2013, 02:55 PM

Babe!!!

Hermit Crab
21-05-2013, 03:14 PM

Ok. I always thought he was a hibby.

Hermit Crab
21-05-2013, 03:14 PM
Babe!!!

Aye back in 96. I wonder what she looks like now!!

My_Wife_Camille
21-05-2013, 03:32 PM
That radge physics teacher who couldn't control his classes? Can't mind his name.
Russell:wink:

Sam Lynch used to support Celtic but he always used to tell me he preferred Hibs now. Either way he definitely had some sort of Hibs leanings

CorrieHibs
21-05-2013, 03:34 PM
Aye back in 96. I wonder what she looks like now!!

I left in 2003 and she was still a babe! Hopefully 10 years hasn't been to harsh on her lol

She got sent home once for dressing inappropriately lol.

Hermit Crab
21-05-2013, 03:40 PM
Russell:wink:

Sam Lynch used to support Celtic but he always used to tell me he preferred Hibs now. Either way he definitely had some sort of Hibs leanings

Was it Mr Russell? Can't remember.

Hermit Crab
21-05-2013, 03:41 PM
I left in 2003 and she was still a babe! Hopefully 10 years hasn't been to harsh on her lol

She got sent home once for dressing inappropriately lol.

Really?? What was she dressed in? Not a lot in guessing.

Aaron
21-05-2013, 03:53 PM
LMAO at some of the comments in this thread.

I was in Hume in the old banana school.

Also remember RE teacher Mrs / Ms Campbell well. She was effin scary.

Shame to hear the lads lost.

...WentToMowAnSPL
21-05-2013, 06:44 PM
Mr Vass was history

Was aways a rumour about him playing for Hibs as a goalie which was untrue .. ( if my memory is right )

Sam lynch was rumoured to have played for Celtic but don't think that was true ...

Mr McAlpin French, Mrs Dobbie Maths, Mr Cursiter Maths... To add to those already mentioned

CorrieHibs
21-05-2013, 08:47 PM
Really?? What was she dressed in? Not a lot in guessing.

A slutty school girl lol

CorrieHibs
21-05-2013, 08:48 PM
Was aways a rumour about him playing for Hibs as a goalie which was untrue .. ( if my memory is right )

Sam lynch was rumoured to have played for Celtic but don't think that was true ...

Mr McAlpin French, Mrs Dobbie Maths, Mr Cursiter Maths... To add to those already mentioned

Think sambo had a trial with Celtic but that's all. Liked talking about it though!

hailhail22
21-05-2013, 10:26 PM
A slutty school girl lol

Haha her Bristol city's were huge

Ken
23-05-2013, 08:09 PM

Yeah, Sambo is def a Celtic fan

Halifaxhibby
23-05-2013, 08:33 PM
Miss Cunningham aka froggy ;)

Ha ha! Aye I remember froggy Cunningham!, had that maniac duguid for computing!!!!

Halifaxhibby
23-05-2013, 08:36 PM

Sam lynch never played for the tims!,he was my pe teacher and fitba coach at craigie!, quality guy!!, went on to coach at junior level.

Halifaxhibby
23-05-2013, 08:38 PM
Mr Vass was history

I remember me Vass in history, he bounced a blackboard duster off a lassies head in first year!!!

Halifaxhibby
23-05-2013, 08:43 PM

I remember playin at forester in a cup game, me and a lad called Steven McGurk played up front, we battered them 4-2 and there were fights on and off the pitch, our left back stu McMillan had the pace of evolution and kept grabbing their wingers jersey as he waltzed past him, the lad chinned him a beauty and stu's old man steamed onto the pitch!!!, big battle!!!!

Halifaxhibby
23-05-2013, 08:46 PM
Anyone remember the modern studies teachers name who was hot as hell?, she used to sit up on the desk showin her sussies?, 87-93?

Ken
23-05-2013, 08:47 PM
Sam lynch never played for the tims!,he was my pe teacher and fitba coach at craigie!, quality guy!!, went on to coach at junior level.

He was Spartan's manager until last year

...WentToMowAnSPL
23-05-2013, 08:49 PM
Ha ha! Aye I remember froggy Cunningham!, had that maniac duguid for computing!!!!

The song froggy froggy froggy used to go up when back was turned ....

Halifaxhibby
23-05-2013, 08:50 PM
Def mind of cannon. Didn't know he was a hibby and wouldn't recognise him now I don't think.

Aye mr cannon fae modern studies was a hibby!!!!

frazeHFC
23-05-2013, 08:54 PM
Good to see Craigmount lose, our big rivals when I was in High School. :devil:

Remember in my last year at HS we played Craigmount away and there were 50 odd folk on the side, some of them shouting some rather racist comments at one of our players, was a very very fiesty game! We dominated with some good football but 2 long balls denied us the win and we then lost on penalties. :boo hoo:

Halifaxhibby
LMAO at some of the comments in this thread.

I was in Hume in the old banana school.

Also remember RE teacher Mrs / Ms Campbell well. She was effin scary.

Shame to hear the lads lost.
Who was the old trout in RE? Circa 87-93?!?, she scared the Shi'ite out of us in first year!! Old dear!

Ken
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/24/etyvy6u7.jpg

cam75
23-05-2013, 08:56 PM
Anyone remember the modern studies teachers name who was hot as hell?, she used to sit up on the desk showin her sussies?, 87-93?

Miss Kidd :-)

Hermit Crab
23-05-2013, 08:56 PM
Anyone mind of Mr Emery the drama teacher? He was a knob. Sure he was a hertz **** too

Hermit Crab
23-05-2013, 08:58 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/24/etyvy6u7.jpg

Is that miss mylcreest (sp)??
Where did you get that photay?

Halifaxhibby
23-05-2013, 08:59 PM
Your right. He was history, my bad. Can't mind who my maths teacher was but he was from Perth and a st Johnstone fan.

Was it Mr Macintyre?

Ken
23-05-2013, 08:59 PM
Is that miss mylcreest (sp)??
Where did you get that photay?

Yeah....recent(ish) photo....:)

Hermit Crab
23-05-2013, 09:00 PM
Was it Mr Macintyre?

No it wasn't him. It's on the tip of my tongue though. His classroom was in f5 or something but then moved down to the ground floor in lister house iirc

Halifaxhibby
23-05-2013, 09:01 PM
Miss Kidd :-)

Aye!, she was a hottie!, there was a rumour she was pumpin the teacher wi the tache fi computing, found out he preferred the brown ball to the pink!, bumped into him and his fella in a club one nite!!

Hermit Crab
23-05-2013, 09:02 PM
Aye!, she was a hottie!, there was a rumour she was pumpin the teacher wi the tache fi computing, found out he preferred the brown ball to the pink!, bumped into him and his fella in a club one nite!!

Dr Abbot?

Halifaxhibby
23-05-2013, 09:03 PM
I remember mrs Robertson the drama teacher, she was a scissor sister if ever there was one!!!!, hated all the laddies!!!!

Hermit Crab
23-05-2013, 09:03 PM
Yeah....recent(ish) photo....:)

The phrase rhymes with clucking bell!!
What was her first name again?

Halifaxhibby
23-05-2013, 09:04 PM
No it wasn't him. It's on the tip of my tongue though. His classroom was in f5 or something but then moved down to the ground floor in lister house iirc

Macintyre was my 5th year maths teacher, his breath smelt like he'd been eatin Shi'ite sandwiches!!!!

Edinburgh Green
23-05-2013, 09:05 PM
Anyone mind of Mr Emery the drama teacher? He was a knob. Sure he was a hertz **** too

Aye total welt! couldn't decide if he was gay or a sleazy git who loved the young burds?

Hermit Crab
23-05-2013, 09:05 PM
I remember mrs Robertson the drama teacher, she was a scissor sister if ever there was one!!!!, hated all the laddies!!!!

Scariest teacher I met was Dr Glasby. I got an absolute bollocking from him one day for lighting a gas tap in the science block.

Ken
23-05-2013, 09:06 PM
The phrase rhymes with clucking bell!!
What was her first name again?

Angela

Hermit Crab
23-05-2013, 09:06 PM
Aye total welt! couldn't decide if he was gay or a sleazy git who loved the young burds?

Aye that's him. He always did talk to the lassies in my class. Sleazy *****.

Hermit Crab
23-05-2013, 09:08 PM
Angela

That's it she was pally with the French teacher who's first name was Pauline. Can't mind her second name now and she taught me. At least I think it was French.

Edinburgh Green
23-05-2013, 09:09 PM
This brings back the memories, remember the rumours that DJ Campbell (Physics) was a racist nazi who decked Mr Chetty (Physics) cause he was asian? Probably 100% baws but we believed it none the less.

LaMotta
23-05-2013, 09:12 PM
This brings back the memories, remember the rumours that DJ Campbell (Physics) was a racist nazi who decked Mr Chetty (Physics) cause he was asian? Probably 100% baws but we believed it not the less.

Ah mind of that rumour! Cameron-Jones was his name.

Hermit Crab
23-05-2013, 09:13 PM
This brings back the memories, remember the rumours that DJ Campbell (Physics) was a racist nazi who decked Mr Chetty (Physics) cause he was asian? Probably 100% baws but we believed it not the less.

Never heard that one but then again it may have been after I left. Mrs smith in history was supposed to have been pumping another history or re teacher and were supposedly caught in a cupboard.

Hermit Crab
23-05-2013, 09:14 PM
Ah mind of that rumour! Cameron-Jones was his name.

Ah that's the boy that couldn't control his classes and everyone just talked over him. Is that right?

LaMotta
23-05-2013, 09:15 PM
Dr Abbot?

He was too smelly to be gay :greengrin

Thought Mrs Kidd went oot with Mr Gray, Modern studies....

Halifaxhibby
23-05-2013, 09:15 PM
Scariest teacher I met was Dr Glasby. I got an absolute bollocking from him one day for lighting a gas tap in the science block.

Got chemistry off glasby, only chose it coz I fancied the lassies takin it, he was ok wi me!, first day of school I got detention off mr black fae techy he caught me pinging stuff about the classroom wi ma half made spatula!!!!

Halifaxhibby
23-05-2013, 09:16 PM
He was too smelly to be gay :greengrin

Thought Mrs Kidd went oot with Mr Gray, Modern studies....

Best teacher was mr Carson fae English!!

LaMotta
23-05-2013, 09:16 PM
Ah that's the boy that couldn't control his classes and everyone just talked over him. Is that right?

Aye big tall boy with english accent and short grey beard!

Edinburgh Green
23-05-2013, 09:17 PM
Who was the crazy R.E teacher who had a steel door to her classroom? Always remember the irony of her teaching us about Buddhism and how she loved their peaceful ways before going tonto and chucking about 4 of us out the class for talking! :crazy:

Halifaxhibby
23-05-2013, 09:18 PM

Anyone remember mrs Anderson the French teacher?, she was a bevy merchant!, used to give us the answers for prelims!!

Halifaxhibby
23-05-2013, 09:19 PM
Who was the crazy R.E teacher who had a steel door to her classroom? Always remember the irony of her teaching us about Buddhism and how she loved their peaceful ways before going tonto and chucking about 4 of us out the class for talking! :crazy:

In the old huts?, was she an old dear?

Hermit Crab
23-05-2013, 09:20 PM
Got chemistry off glasby, only chose it coz I fancied the lassies takin it, he was ok wi me!, first day of school I got detention off mr black fae techy he caught me pinging stuff about the classroom wi ma half made spatula!!!!

Glasby got his beard shaved off live on children in need one year. Maybe 15 years ago now. Don't mind of mr black but mr McDowall was my techy teacher. He was brilliant. Used to send the dafties to the workshop to ask the store man for tartan paint and a long stand. :D

Hermit Crab
23-05-2013, 09:20 PM

You know the schools gone now eh.

hailhail22
23-05-2013, 09:22 PM
Mrs Scott science, worst smelling teacher was allergic to deodorant

LaMotta
23-05-2013, 09:22 PM
Anyone remember mrs Anderson the French teacher?, she was a bevy merchant!, used to give us the answers for prelims!!

haha mind her making us do that stupid song singing the alphabet in first year French for about a month until we got it right:greengrin

Edinburgh Green
23-05-2013, 09:23 PM
In the old huts?, was she an old dear?

Na it was the very top left classroom in the main building, at the time it was next to history and the floor above english.

CorrieHibs
23-05-2013, 09:24 PM

Remember in my last year at HS we played Craigmount away and there were 50 odd folk on the side, some of them shouting some rather racist comments at one of our players, was a very very fiesty game! We dominated with some good football but 2 long balls denied us the win and we then lost on penalties. :boo hoo:

What school did you go to and what year was it?

Halifaxhibby
23-05-2013, 09:25 PM
You know the schools gone now eh.

Aye! Ha ha I left in 93, went to Stratford upon Avon wi the English dept can't remember the head of English name at the time but mrs grey came as well, we all got steaming on the first night down there, he went mental!!!

Hermit Crab
23-05-2013, 09:26 PM
Na it was the very top left classroom in the main building, at the time it was next to history and the floor above english.

Aye that's right top floor. R.E teacher Ms Campbell from Western isles or something she used to screech like mad. Eeeeeeeeekkkkk sit doooowwwwwwnnn boyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

Halifaxhibby
23-05-2013, 09:27 PM

Just remember gettin RE in the old huts next to the bottom gate at south gyle!, we all used to nip down to KEMPS on our break!!!

Ken
23-05-2013, 09:28 PM
Mrs Scott - Chemistry - Definitely Smelly
Mrs Devine - Chemistry - Hot (for a science teacher)
Mrs Lucakut (sp?) pronounced (loose-a-coot) - French/German - Tidy ;)

Halifaxhibby
23-05-2013, 09:28 PM
Aye that's right top floor. R.E teacher Ms Campbell from Western isles or something she used to screech like mad. Eeeeeeeeekkkkk sit doooowwwwwwnnn boyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

Was she the old woman that went mental if u were chewing gum?!?, used to say it would rot yer stomach!!!

Ken
23-05-2013, 09:29 PM
Just remember gettin RE in the old huts next to the bottom gate at south gyle!, we all used to nip down to KEMPS on our break!!!

Haha Kemps was amazing!!! We used to run down at lunchtime to get there 30p pizza slices

Halifaxhibby
23-05-2013, 09:30 PM
Would love to get in touch wi a lassie Julie who sat behind me in mr carsons English class, 87-93 she was a TRUE hibee!!!

Edinburgh Green

Haha aye that's her, she was nuts! Always wanted to know why she had a steel door to her room? random!

Hermit Crab

The old hits was art huts when I was there. Mrs white was my art teacher. She used to out the radio on when we were in there. They hits were Baltic in the winter.

Halifaxhibby
23-05-2013, 09:31 PM
Haha Kemps was amazing!!! We used to run down at lunchtime to get there 30p pizza slices

Ha ha!, few of the guys would go down and rob the guy blind!!!, then sell it on in the canteen!!

Halifaxhibby
23-05-2013, 09:33 PM
The old hits was art huts when I was there. Mrs white was my art teacher. She used to out the radio on when we were in there. They hits were Baltic in the winter.

When I was there we got RE in huts near the bottom gate!, mrs kirk rings a bell?!? Not sure tho!, member bein in first year and ****tin it off her!!!

Hermit Crab
23-05-2013, 09:34 PM
Haha aye that's her, she was nuts! Always wanted to know why she had a steel door to her room? random!

She used to slam that door. What a racket it made. Scary scary woman.

Edinburgh Green
23-05-2013, 09:34 PM

God knows why they shut it down, must of made a mint of the schoolkids.
Strictly 3 in at a time though :greengrin

Hermit Crab
23-05-2013, 09:35 PM
God knows why they shut it down, must of made a mint of the schoolkids.
Strictly 3 in at a time though :greengrin

What was kemps??

CorrieHibs
23-05-2013, 09:36 PM

She spoke Gaelic!
Very scary teacher, would not mess with her!

Halifaxhibby
23-05-2013, 09:37 PM
My tutor was mr brown fae geography, creepy bar steward, get the jail for that these days!!

My_Wife_Camille
23-05-2013, 09:37 PM
Miss Bibby in Biology. Zero percent concern for having shaved armpits and other such madness.

Anyone mind Mr Goonan in CDT. Absolute tim bellend!

Edinburgh Green
23-05-2013, 09:38 PM
What was kemps??

Was a newsagent on glasgow road opposite the car garage used to get cheap hot food, it was class while it lasted

My_Wife_Camille
She spoke Gaelic!
Very scary teacher, would not mess with her!

Campbell was always scary to the younger kids but most people who stayed as long as 5th/6th year realised that she was just a total wind up merchant!

CorrieHibs
[QUOTE=Ken;3617503]Mrs Scott - Chemistry - Definitely Smelly
Mrs Lucakut (sp?) pronounced (loose-a-coot) - French/German - Tidy ;)[/QUOT

Mrs Devine was hot!
I'm sure she was pumping Mr T (CDT teacher)

frazeHFC
23-05-2013, 09:39 PM
What school did you go to and what year was it?

Queensferry, left in 2011.

Halifaxhibby
23-05-2013, 09:40 PM
haha mind her making us do that stupid song singing the alphabet in first year French for about a month until we got it right:greengrin

She was always havin a swig of something when I was in her class!, as long as u didn't cross her she was sound wi u!

Hermit Crab
23-05-2013, 09:43 PM
Miss Bibby in Biology. Zero percent concern for having shaved armpits and other such madness.

Anyone mind Mr Goonan in CDT. Absolute tim bellend!

Miss Bibby was my bio teacher. Yes she had man pits. And was stinking too. Goonan rings a bell but can place him.

Hermit Crab
23-05-2013, 09:44 PM
[QUOTE=Ken;3617503]Mrs Scott - Chemistry - Definitely Smelly
Mrs Lucakut (sp?) pronounced (loose-a-coot) - French/German - Tidy ;)[/QUOT

Mrs Devine was hot!
I'm sure she was pumping Mr T (CDT teacher)

Dick Turkington??

Halifaxhibby
23-05-2013, 09:44 PM
Remember the one way system in the banana block?, even if yer class was at the top of the stairwell some teachers would make u walk all the way round!!, CURSITER(wi the glass eye) and BRIAN DUGUID!!!!! What a racist!!!!!

Hermit Crab
23-05-2013, 09:45 PM
Was a newsagent on glasgow road opposite the car garage used to get cheap hot food, it was class while it lasted

When did that shut?

CorrieHibs
23-05-2013, 09:46 PM
[QUOTE=Hermit Crab;3617533][QUOTE=Liam Miller;3617525]

Dick Turkington??[/QUOTE

Aye that one!

cam75
23-05-2013, 09:46 PM
Remember the one way system in the banana block?, even if yer class was at the top of the stairwell some teachers would make u walk all the way round!!, CURSITER(wi the glass eye) and BRIAN DUGUID!!!!! What a racist!!!!!

He was a A proper Tory Duguid

Hermit Crab
23-05-2013, 09:47 PM
[QUOTE=Hermit Crab;3617533][QUOTE=Liam Miller;3617525]

Dick Turkington??[/QUOTE

Aye that one!

He was my guidance teacher after my previous one left

Ken
23-05-2013, 09:48 PM
When did that shut?

I'd guess about 1996-98, definitely before I left 6th year in 2000

It's a hairdressers now....I think

Edinburgh Green
23-05-2013, 09:49 PM
When did that shut?

If you're 28 it was probably just before you started. i'm 31 this year and I think it was only there till my 2nd/3rd year? It turned into a wine shop don't know what it is now?

busdriver
23-05-2013, 09:50 PM
For me:

MR O'neill: moddies.
Cameron Jones: physics.
Mr Watt: maths, daft as a bag of daft cats.
Mr Chromarty: techy: "what kind of wood sir?", "wooden wood ya wooden heided bastird".
Mr Brandon: German. Met him years later and he had huge stories about smuggling German Jews out if the country in WW2.
Mr Niven(?): the art teacher who kept his stash of fags and booze in the art cupboard and would disappear in there at least a couple of times in every lesson.

Wish I could remember my English teachers name. He was in an Eroll Flynn movie as an extra.

My abiding memory though is Cliff, the outdoor ed teacher, rolling his canoe and coming up with his sunglasses still on and his cigar still in his mouth.

CorrieHibs
23-05-2013, 09:50 PM
Queensferry, left in 2011.

Oh right I was 2003. Craigmount always gave the away team dogs abuse. Especially St Augustines!
Use to get a bit out of hand!

Hermit Crab
23-05-2013, 09:51 PM
I'd guess about 1996-98, definitely before I left 6th year in 2000

It's a hairdressers now

I went there in 95/96-2000 it used to be a paper shop years ago.

Halifaxhibby
23-05-2013, 09:51 PM

I was there when a young Pakistani lad was walkin the wrong way on the top deck as well as other folk and I heard him say "this is a one way system especially for little pakis like you!!", not my words, the lad was alright!!!, but his cousin and brother came up in a car after school lookin for duguid!!!, fair play!!!

hailhail22
23-05-2013, 09:52 PM
Miss Bibby was my bio teacher. Yes she had man pits. And was stinking too. Goonan rings a bell but can place him.

Remember seeing goonan and Mr O'd sitting in the bottom corner of the Celtic end once at Easter road, we bet then 2-1 I ran straight over to the corner of the terracin to give them it

Halifaxhibby
23-05-2013, 09:53 PM
Mrs McManus was my year head and I spent many a month outside her office in the admin block!, my ma was good pals wi her for years after that!!!

Hermit Crab
23-05-2013, 09:54 PM
Mrs McManus was my year head and I spent many a month outside her office in the admin block!, my ma was good pals wi her for years after that!!!

That admin block or the "round house" used to stink of coffee.

Ken
23-05-2013, 09:54 PM

Was that game in 2000? We won the league that year beating St Augies in a title decider (play-off) but definitely Remember beating a team on pens in a cup (not the Scottish though)

Hermit Crab
23-05-2013, 09:56 PM
For me:

MR O'neill: moddies.
Cameron Jones: physics.
Mr Watt: maths, daft as a bag of daft cats.
Mr Chromarty: techy: "what kind of wood sir?", "wooden wood ya wooden heided bastird".
Mr Brandon: German. Met him years later and he had huge stories about smuggling German Jews out if the country in WW2.
Mr Niven(?): the art teacher who kept his stash of fags and booze in the art cupboard and would disappear in there at least a couple of times in every lesson.

Wish I could remember my English teachers name. He was in an Eroll Flynn movie as an extra.

My abiding memory though is Cliff, the outdoor ed teacher, rolling his canoe and coming up with his sunglasses still on and his cigar still in his mouth.

Brilliantl stuff. I'd love to meet my old teachers now.

...WentToMowAnSPL
23-05-2013, 09:56 PM
Who was the Irish ******* Biology guy ?

Halifaxhibby
23-05-2013, 09:57 PM

I was there when a young Pakistani lad was walkin the wrong way on the top deck as well as other folk and I heard him say "this is a one way system especially for little pakis like you!!", not my words, the lad was alright!!!, but his cousin and brother came up in a car after school lookin for duguid!!!, fair play!!!

Edinburgh Green
23-05-2013, 10:00 PM
Had a maths teacher, can't mind his name?? he was also a guidance teacher. He had greying hair and a massive head, anyway he started seeing a lassie the year after she left school.

Halifaxhibby
23-05-2013, 10:02 PM

Aye ha ha! It was the circle type building at the end of a walkway!!!

Hermit Crab
23-05-2013, 10:03 PM
Had a maths teacher, can't mind his name?? he was also a guidance teacher. He had greying hair and a massive head, anyway he started seeing a lassie the year after she left school.

Was he from Perth and a saints fan? Can't mind his name but he taught me and his classroom was in lister right at the bottom right of the school beside the main road.

Halifaxhibby
23-05-2013, 10:04 PM
Remember the absence sheet that came out about 9 every morning?, if u were late it was an L, if u were off it was an A, we worked out away round that!! Ha ha!

Ken
23-05-2013, 10:04 PM
Mr Kennedy - Head of English - He used to take his glasses off when he was about to go mental at someone for misbehaving

Mr Bryden - Head of History - He used to close his eyes when talking to the class

Hermit Crab
23-05-2013, 10:05 PM
Aye ha ha! It was the circle type building at the end of a walkway!!!

That's right I'm sure there was 3 walkways around the school. One led to the pe block and can't mind where the other one went.

Hermit Crab
23-05-2013, 10:06 PM
Remember the absence sheet that came out about 9 every morning?, if u were late it was an L, if u were off it was an A, we worked out away round that!! Ha ha!

Yeah the secretary used to deliver them. We used to try and get a sneak at them if they were on the teachers desk.

LaMotta
23-05-2013, 10:06 PM

Mclelland? He snogged my mates bird at the sixth year qually at the george hotel!

LaMotta
23-05-2013, 10:08 PM
Mr Kennedy - Head of English - He used to take his glasses off when he was about to go mental at someone for misbehaving

haha brilliant - mind we wouldn't stop talking in the library once his face went purple and he was actually shaking with rage!

Mr Macrae, chemistry, used to say "eh" after every sentence eh

Hermit Crab
23-05-2013, 10:09 PM

Mr Bryden - Head of History - He used to close his eyes when talking to the class

That's who mrs smith was meant to be pumping and allegedly got caught in the cupboard together. ;)

Hermit Crab
23-05-2013, 10:10 PM
Mclelland? He snogged my mates bird at the sixth year qually at the george hotel!

That's the *****. He was sound when he taught me.

Edinburgh Green
23-05-2013, 10:11 PM

That's the fellae! total creep! was always chatting up the lassies in my class (3rd/4th year)

LaMotta
23-05-2013, 10:17 PM
Mr O' Donnell, Maths. Used to take the football team after Sam Lynch had had enough of it. He would referee the games mincing around in the shortest shorts known to man, reeking of Eternity for men by Calvin Klein.

He was sound but!

Cabbage East
23-05-2013, 10:21 PM
Ha ha, I think I know a few of the boys in here!

Miss De Luca (RIP) was tidy! McLellan was a dick and was the spit of Alan Partridge. Good to see Miss Mylchreest is still braw. Anyone mind the Geography teacher Mr Kinnear? maths teacher Miss Burnie? Woaft...

LaMotta
23-05-2013, 10:23 PM

Miss De Luca (RIP) was tidy! McLellan was a dick and was the spit of Alan Partridge. Good to see Miss Mylchreest is still braw. Anyone mind the Geography teacher Mr Kinnear? maths teacher Miss Burnie? Woaft...

Miss Burnie....was she the one that looked about twelve? if so ah mind she got pulled up by another teacher for going the wrong way in the one way system cos they thought she was a pupil!

Cabbage East
23-05-2013, 10:26 PM
Miss Burnie....was she the one that looked about twelve? if so ah mind she got pulled up by another teacher for going the wrong way in the one way system cos they thought she was a pupil!

Ha ha, aye, that's the one. Her breath was brutal too. Funny thing is she was actually quite tidy and only about 22, in those days she seemed old as ******! I actually feel sorry for how hard a gig she had!

Hermit Crab
23-05-2013, 10:26 PM

I knew all those teachers. Kenny Kinnear was brilliant I'm sure he retired when I was thee and a mr Stevenson took over and he was a welt. Miss burnie yeah. Mrs mcglauchlan in English was tidy too. What year did you start there?

Edit. What happened to De Luca?

Halifaxhibby
23-05-2013, 10:30 PM

Aye!. I remember sittin in tutor class and gettin the message to go see mcmanus, long walk along the tunnel the first office on the right!, naughty boy!!!!!, ha ha!

Cabbage East
23-05-2013, 10:33 PM
I knew all those teachers. Kenny Kinnear was brilliant I'm sure he retired when I was thee and a mr Stevenson took over and he was a welt. Miss burnie yeah. Mrs mcglauchlan in English was tidy too. What year did you start there?

Edit. What happened to De Luca?

She died a year or two ago, cancer. She was class.

Hermit Crab
23-05-2013, 10:35 PM
She died a year or two ago, cancer. She was class.

Never heard that. Rip

Hermit Crab
05-02-2019, 08:26 AM
Just stumbled upon this old thread and read through it again, so many memories of being at school, so many great teachers.

For anyone interested, rate my teacher has a list of lots of teachers who taught at Craigmount, I recognise a lot of the names on this.

https://uk.ratemyteachers.com/craigmount-high-school/23611-s