PDA

View Full Version : Question Best way to drive to Hampden

hibeelin
20-05-2013, 04:23 PM
Hi Guys, Taking the car on Sunday and need help with directions. Drove through last year and was really easy, but lost the directions I was given. Thanks for your help Linda :flag::pfgwa:flag:

Franck Stanton
20-05-2013, 04:28 PM
West along M8 , take turn-off for Cambuslang, along Cambuslang high street heading for Rutherglen. Straight through Rutherglen Main Street and down hill to Hampden.

HH81
20-05-2013, 04:28 PM
Can anyone point me in the right direction from Halifax? :greengrin

Glory Lurker
20-05-2013, 04:35 PM
Can anyone point me in the right direction from Halifax? :greengrin

:dunno: North? (I'm here all week!)

patch1875
20-05-2013, 05:56 PM
Think I'm going to drive through also are we at the other end from last year?

Glasgow Hibee
20-05-2013, 06:06 PM
West along M8 , take turn-off for Cambuslang, along Cambuslang high street heading for Rutherglen. Straight through Rutherglen Main Street and down hill to Hampden.

Pretty sure there is no Cambuslang turn-off on the M8 (M74 maybe?).

You'll need to go along the M8 then left down the M73 to the M74. Follow this towards Glasgow. then follow the map here http://www.hampdenpark.co.uk/visitor-information/location-map.html.

Or follow one of the many green and white festooned buses and cars that will be going there :)

Glasgow Hibee
20-05-2013, 06:14 PM
Think I'm going to drive through also are we at the other end from last year?

Wasn't there last year thank god but this year we are at the west end (know by us weegies as the Rangers end!). The end Falkirk were in at the semi.

SkintHibby
20-05-2013, 06:28 PM
You dont turn off the M74 (or M8) to head along Cambuslang main street (LOLOL). You'd have to seriously mess up to go that way!

Also, don't go anywhere near Rutherglen Main Street - even at 7am on a Sunday that street is choc-a-bloc lol.

Go along the the M74 extension and take the turn off for Polmadie. Ok, you'll wait in a queue but at least you'll no be fannying about in dodgy areas like Rutherglen and Cambuslang lol!

hibeelin
20-05-2013, 07:45 PM
You dont turn off the M74 (or M8) to head along Cambuslang main street (LOLOL). You'd have to seriously mess up to go that way!

Also, don't go anywhere near Rutherglen Main Street - even at 7am on a Sunday that street is choc-a-bloc lol.

Go along the the M74 extension and take the turn off for Polmadie. Ok, you'll wait in a queue but at least you'll no be fannying about in dodgy areas like Rutherglen and Cambuslang lol!
Thanks, this is the way I went last year, bit unsure of how to get to the M74 extension but sure I will find it, it didn't take that long last time. :not worth

Jonnyboy
20-05-2013, 07:47 PM
From the official site

PRE MATCH ROUTES APPROACHING THE WEST OF THE STADIUM

M8 Westbound: Exit the M8 at Junction 22 and join the M77. Leave the M77 at Junction 1, Dumbreck Road, turn left onto Dumbreck Road and continue until the junction with Titwood Road (high vehicles such as double deck buses - turn right, Haggs Road, turn left Shawmoss Road, turn right Titwood Road) continue Titwood Road. Turn right onto Minard Road continue onto Langside Avenue to the roundabout (Monument). Take the second exit at the roundabout onto Battlefield Road, continue on Battlefield Road to the first traffic light junction and bear right remaining on Battlefield Road to the 'T' junction with Cathcart Road. Turn left onto Cathcart Road towards Queens Drive, where your coach will be directed to park.

M80 Southbound: Join M8 Westbound and continue as above.

M74 Northbound: Continue from the M74 onto the M73 and thereafter onto the M8 Westbound and continue as above.

M8 Eastbound: Exit at Junction 24, Helen Street, turn left onto Helen Street, continue to the roundabout and turn right onto Edmiston Drive at the next roundabout turn right onto Broomloan Road, continue through the junction onto Dumbreck Road and continue as above.

A77/M77 Northbound: Exit at Junction 1, Dumbreck Road, turn right and continue as above.