PDA

View Full Version : (Cabbages) Keeping Focused

Hibercelona
20-05-2013, 03:32 PM
It seems that with all the hype surrounding our ASBO neighbours, we've lost focus a little on this weeks biggest event.

Surely the final should be the main talking point of this week and not something that's going on elsewhere?

I'd like to think that if we do go on to win the SC, we'll have an even bigger thread about that.

As far as I'm concerned, it's all about us this week!

:fenlon

Billy Whizz
20-05-2013, 03:33 PM
It seems that with all the hype surrounding our ASBO neighbours, we've lost focus a little on this weeks biggest event.

Surely the final should be the main talking point of this week and not something that's going on elsewhere?

I'd like to think that if we do go on to win the SC, we'll have an even bigger thread about that.

I agree, and I think we should put Hearts issues aside and concentrate on Hibs

Andy74
20-05-2013, 03:37 PM

I can concentrate on both thanks.

Bishop Hibee
20-05-2013, 03:41 PM
The spotlight now turns to the final. Mon the mighty cabbage!!!

WestEndHibee
20-05-2013, 03:41 PM

I've been caught up in yamgate, it's been a nice sideshow but I'm back on track with cup final fever.

Now where is that hibs underdogs video...

JeMeSouviens
20-05-2013, 03:42 PM
Unless you have reason to suspect PF and the boys are glued to the Yams going bust thread, then wtf are you on about?

Can't you walk and chew gum at the same time? :rolleyes:

Hibercelona
20-05-2013, 03:43 PM
I've been caught up in yamgate, it's been a nice sideshow but I'm back on track with cup final fever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YW9i7eU1KSM

:flag:

HibeeMG
20-05-2013, 03:44 PM
I'm more than capable of doing both. In fact I've done both while doing housework on my day off. I managed to fit in some lunch too.

Who says men can't multi-task!

Part/Time Supporter
20-05-2013, 03:46 PM

I would like to think that most folk would have better things to do than post on here if *it* happens.

HibeeMG
20-05-2013, 03:48 PM
I would like to think that most folk would have better things to do than post on here if *it* happens.

Absolutely.

I'll have Facebook to update, tweets to twit and texts to text. :greengrin

SlickShoes
20-05-2013, 03:50 PM
Absolutely.

I'll have Facebook to update, tweets to twit and texts to text. :greengrin

I have a gutter in Leith to be found lying in.

blackpoolhibs
20-05-2013, 03:51 PM
I have just found out today, i can walk talk and breathe all at the same time, who'd have thunk it?

Purehibee_MYB
20-05-2013, 03:53 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YW9i7eU1KSM

:thumbsup:

20-05-2013, 04:01 PM
:agree:

Went down to the Easter Road shop this afternoon and their just seems to be an exciting buzz about the place. Guy working behind the counter said they have been unbelievably busy this week with folk coming in to buy merchandise. The hibee family are gearing up for another trip to hampden, couldn't care about what that scabby, grotty wee club in gorgie are up to.

HibeeMG
20-05-2013, 04:02 PM
I have just found out today, i can walk talk and breathe all at the same time, who'd have thunk it?

Good to hear. It had been in doubt for some time. :greengrin

GreenCastle
20-05-2013, 04:07 PM
Being underdogs I don't mind less hype.

Last year I think all the hype got to the team.

Does anyone know what the teams plans are this week? Last week I think it was a mistake they went away for a few days.

Picking up my tickets finally tomorrow - many Q's at ER?

edinburghhibee
20-05-2013, 04:12 PM
Paddy said in his last interview they will be gearing up at east mains this year.

20-05-2013, 04:18 PM
Paddy said in his last interview they will be gearing up at east mains this year.

I was discussing with a mate today and I was saying that i'm quite glad the players are staying in Edinburgh this year as it allows them to enjoy some of the cup final build up and excitement with the fans instead of being completely taken out of it all. Although I don't want our players to be distracted in anyway or loose any focus on their preparations, I think its quite nice that they can experience the same excitement as us fans.

Vault Boy
20-05-2013, 04:22 PM
I was discussing with a mate today and I was saying that i'm quite glad the players are staying in Edinburgh this year as it allows them to enjoy some of the cup final build up and excitement with the fans instead of being completely taken out of it all. Although I don't want our players to be distracted in anyway or loose any focus on their preparations, I think its quite nice that they can experience the same excitement as us fans.

Very important. :agree:

With a different type of professional at the club, I think they will buy into the importance of the match as much as we will/have, something that really didn't happen last year.

Hibercelona
20-05-2013, 04:26 PM

I agree.

The players that went out last year were far too relaxed after being taken away from all the build up hype.

We don't want the players to go out there feeling like they're under intense pressure obviously, we do however want them to go out there with a positive buzz about them. I really want them to enjoy the experience as much as the fans do.

If they go out there with a positive attitude, then i'm sure they'll do us all proud, win or lose.

CorrieHibs
20-05-2013, 04:29 PM

Well said!

Nerves are starting to kick in tbh. Keep having dreams with Griffths scoring the winner!

Please let it be

C'mon the Hibs!!!!

Purehibee_MYB
20-05-2013, 04:29 PM
Very important. :agree:

With a different type of professional at the club, I think they will buy into the importance of the match as much as we will/have, something that really didn't happen last year.

:agree: I think it's also important that they enjoy it a bit more this year, take the pressure of themselves. If they take the pressure of their own shoulders and play a bit of football then who knows what will happen

Pedantic_Hibee
20-05-2013, 04:30 PM
I can engage in carnal relations with a woman whilst thinking of an entirely different one at the same time.

I'm absolutely barry me!!

Hibercelona
20-05-2013, 04:34 PM
I can engage in carnal relations with a woman whilst thinking of an entirely different one at the same time.

I'm absolutely barry me!!

#allisbarry

:wink:

Pete
20-05-2013, 04:36 PM

All the hearts stuff is an amusing wee side-show. The final is undoubtedly at the front of people's thoughts but there are no negatives for us as far as the hearts situation is concerned. Why not have a laugh as they celebrate their survival for another few days like a trophy win?

H£art$....an amusing wee side-show. That's what they will be from now on.

Hibercelona
20-05-2013, 04:43 PM
All the hearts stuff is an amusing wee side-show. The final is undoubtedly at the front of people's thoughts but there are no negatives for us as far as the hearts situation is concerned. Why not have a laugh as they celebrate their survival for another few days like a trophy win?

H£art$....an amusing wee side-show. That's what they will be from now on.

I'm not saying people should never talk about Hearts, I was simply pointing out that this is a huge week for our own club.

The hype should be more on us than them at the moment.

The circus will still be there to laugh at once we get our own business out of the way.

20-05-2013, 04:57 PM
I'm not saying people should never talk about Hearts, I was simply pointing out that this is a huge week for our own club.

The hype should be more on us than them at the moment.

The circus will still be there to laugh at once we get our own business out of the way.

:agree:

Lets make this week a fantastic hibee build up :thumbsup::flag:

Soldiersteve
20-05-2013, 06:25 PM
I have a gutter in Leith to be found lying in.
Me too! :flag: