PDA

View Full Version : Railway Engineering Works to Disrupt Travel to Final

kdhibees1
20-05-2013, 01:38 PM
Link http://local.stv.tv/edinburgh/226087-railway-engineering-works-to-disrupt-football-fans-on-way-to-cup-final/

Saorsa
20-05-2013, 01:42 PM
Link http://local.stv.tv/edinburgh/226087-railway-engineering-works-to-disrupt-football-fans-on-way-to-cup-final/Good job we're no going tae Falkirk or Croy

Green Man
20-05-2013, 01:44 PM
Work on the Shotts line as well so it's a replacement bus service. Great organisation from Network Rail :rolleyes:

silverhibee
20-05-2013, 01:49 PM
Good job we're no going tae Falkirk or Croy

So i still get the train to Queen St.

Saorsa
20-05-2013, 01:51 PM
So i still get the train to Queen St.Is that a statement or a question? :greengrin

silverhibee
20-05-2013, 01:51 PM
Is that a statement or a question? :greengrin

? :greengrin

Hermit Crab
20-05-2013, 03:47 PM
Work on the Shotts line as well so it's a replacement bus service. Great organisation from Network Rail :rolleyes:

Avoid the shotts line even when there's no engineering works.

Hermit Crab
20-05-2013, 03:54 PM
So i still get the train to Queen St.

Yes you can get the train to qst high level from Wav or haymarket. First train is 8am then every 30 min throughout the day. Slightly longer journey than normal as they are getting diverted via Falkirk grahamston and Cumbernauld.

Alternatively you can get the Helensburgh train which also stops at Edinburgh park for our west Edinburgh fans. These trains take you to qst LOW level and go via Livingston north Bathgate and airdrie. These trains take around 1 hr 10 min to get to Glasgow. They also pass through and stop in Celtic territory ie Belgrove but the potential for trouble should be low as there will be plenty police on duty.

I advise you to use the high level services. Quicker and comfier trains. Beware though its now law that no alcohol can be consumed on Scotrail trains between 9pm and 10am, if you get caught with booze you will get it taken off you and possibly not allowed to travel by train.

Glory Lurker
20-05-2013, 03:58 PM
Gah! Petrie, get it sorted! :grr:

Piqué
20-05-2013, 04:31 PM
It's only adding 10-15 minutes on to the journey between Edinburgh and Glasgow so it won't cause too much hassle to most of us at least

HibeeHendo
20-05-2013, 04:36 PM
I very rarely use the train as means of transportation so this may sound silly but am I better purchasing tickets on-line just now or will it be just be as easy purchasing on the day and how much is an open return? Cheers in advance!

I'm_cabbaged
20-05-2013, 04:43 PM
I very rarely use the train as means of transportation so this may sound silly but am I better purchasing tickets on-line just now or will it be just be as easy purchasing on the day and how much is an open return? Cheers in advance!

£15 return to mount Florida, you'd be better getting down and buying them in advance ;)