PDA

View Full Version : Question Hampden Section J1

Sauzee07
19-05-2013, 10:38 PM
I've been offered a ticket for the final in section J1. A cracking seat with a grandstand view if we lift the cup. However, from the stadium plan it looks like section J1 is in the Celtic side of the stadium (just).

Does anyone know if this will be full of tic fans or is it a more "mixed" section for corporates and sfa guests etc?

I'm in two minds. Really keen to take advantage of the ticket with such a great view (rare for Hampden) but couldn't hack sitting with lesser greens for the game.

Can anyone give any guidance?

Levenhibee
19-05-2013, 10:57 PM
Just had a look at the Hampdump seating plan and I would say sections J1 & J2 are Celtic sections.

Pete
19-05-2013, 11:04 PM
I'm not sure that area is segregated.

Looks like the posh seats. Bite his hand off!

The Harp
19-05-2013, 11:24 PM
Looks like you'll be in beside the great and the good (if there is such a thing) of Scottish Football. Would've thought it's too good a chance to turn down.
Let us know what you decide.

Big Frank
19-05-2013, 11:32 PM
I've been offered a ticket for the final in section J1. A cracking seat with a grandstand view if we lift the cup. However, from the stadium plan it looks like section J1 is in the Celtic side of the stadium (just).

Does anyone know if this will be full of tic fans or is it a more "mixed" section for corporates and sfa guests etc?

I'm in two minds. Really keen to take advantage of the ticket with such a great view (rare for Hampden) but couldn't hack sitting with lesser greens for the game.

yip. Go.

One more Hibby at the final. One less soapy.

hibs4thecup1988
20-05-2013, 12:58 AM
Just had a look at the Hampdump seating plan and I would say sections J1 & J2 are Celtic sections.

I think this are is more neutral that either or. Possibly more Celtic than Hibs though...

Sauzee07
20-05-2013, 08:04 PM
Brilliant, cheers guys. Ticket does seem to be for a prime location so as long as I'm not surrounded by tic (or sat next to Rod Stewart) all should be good.

I'll take the ticket and report back after the game (hopefully with photos of Hibs lifting the holy grail).

GGTTH

PatHead
20-05-2013, 08:14 PM
Brilliant, cheers guys. Ticket does seem to be for a prime location so as long as I'm not surrounded by tic (or sat next to Rod Stewart) all should be good.

I'll take the ticket and report back after the game (hopefully with photos of Hibs lifting the holy grail).

GGTTH

Any room for a good looking, debonair, humerous guy to sit next to you?

eastterrace
20-05-2013, 08:36 PM

he wasnt wanting rod stewart next to him. he might start greeting when we lift the cup, wonder if rod has ever paid into a match ,probably thinks its about a fiver to get in , free loader him and big sean.:wink:

Booked4Being-Ugly
20-05-2013, 09:05 PM

GGTTHI was in this section for the Semi. Take a good camera m8 and enjoy the day,

This is the family section just below the press box. It's sn excellent location and you can relax there. Or relax before the game kicks off at least!!!

tartanhibee
20-05-2013, 10:22 PM

Oh thanks I never knew you thought so much of me.

Stantons Angel
20-05-2013, 11:04 PM

there is no such thing as an non segregated area in Hampden. J1 is the CELTIC end and all areas around there are CELTIC populated.

The Hibs support are in P1 onwards at the other end of the stand.

I have sat in J1 at many a cup final and it is a great view from there but surrounded by CELTIC supporters when Leigh scores his hat trick (hmmm) you take your life in your hands.

HibeeHendo
20-05-2013, 11:07 PM
there is no such thing as an non segregated area in Hampden. J1 is the CELTIC end and all areas around there are CELTIC populated.

The Hibs support are in P1 onwards at the other end of the stand.

I have sat in J1 at many a cup final and it is a great view from there but surrounded by CELTIC supporters when Leigh scores his hat trick (hmmm) you take your life in your hands.

It will be totally worth it.

GreenCastle
20-05-2013, 11:07 PM

http://www.hampdenpark.co.uk/visitor-information/stadium-plan.html

J1 has to be Celtic side -O1 and O2 will be Hibs. These are the debentures / hospitality seats usually - great view but I would be wary. Go undercover if you go :greengrin