PDA

View Full Version : BBC funding of SPL versus MOTD presenters

...WentToMowAnSPL
19-05-2013, 10:13 PM
Does anyone have the info ref the amount of money the BBC put into the SPL being less than the amount that they pay the MOTD presenters and that they only get away with this because they class the EPL as a GB event like the 5 nations ? Or did I dream this or see it on twitter ???

Kaff
19-05-2013, 10:58 PM
Does anyone have the info ref the amount of money the BBC put into the SPL being less than the amount that they pay the MOTD presenters and that they only get away with this because they class the EPL as a GB event like the 5 nations ? Or did I dream this or see it on twitter ???

I've always wanted to know this too. Especially when you consider the BBC service we get now compared to previous seasons, no online commentary, no Radio nan Ghhael (sp?) commentary instead one game on MW and Open all gob*****s on FM. Laughable compared to coverage of football in England (not just EPL).
This is not considering the financial input that you are referring to.

Sean1875
19-05-2013, 11:00 PM
I could be wrong but im sure I heard Hansen got/gets £8,000,000 a year and his taxis to and from the studio as part of his MOTD contract.

Jones28
19-05-2013, 11:33 PM
The MOTD presenters are on silly money, millions a season. As Sportscene comes out of the BBC Scotland budget you can't imagine them being on the same planet in terms of wages. Also shown by how much more slick MOTD is: the general analysis, computer graphics and high definition etc are streets ahead of sportscene.

higgy0418
20-05-2013, 12:46 AM
I could be wrong but im sure I heard Hansen got/gets £8,000,000 a year and his taxis to and from the studio as part of his MOTD contract.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/4929428/Alan-Hansen-quits-Match-of-the-Day.html
Not quite £8m but still more than what the whole sportscene budget probably is. Surprised he's leaving on that sort of money. Wish my weekend job paid that