PDA

View Full Version : Yams Verdict tomorrow

theonlywayisup
19-05-2013, 09:57 PM
What will it be? Points deduction and relegation or not?

Sylar
19-05-2013, 10:07 PM
With restructuring and the fallout from The Rangers still fresh, the SPL will want to avoid putting themselves in a potential legal situation to end this season.

I can't see it, despite all of the very good reasons why it should happen.

A little of that is based on their [Hearts'] history of wiggling out of such situations and I fear it'll happen again.

Hope I'm wrong as I believe all clubs who cheat and live well beyond their means should be hammered accordingly. Not just Hearts.

Part/Time Supporter
19-05-2013, 10:13 PM
You've missed the obvious third option, defer the decision until further action is taken in Lithuania to clarify UBIG's status.

Hero76
19-05-2013, 10:16 PM
Nothing will happen, they will be deducted points for next season.

danhibees1875
19-05-2013, 10:17 PM
You've missed the obvious third option, defer the decision until further action is taken in Lithuania to clarify UBIG's status.

:agree:

I don't think anything will happen tomorrow, but that won't be the end of it.

Spike Mandela
19-05-2013, 10:17 PM
No decision will be made. You need to alter your poll.

This time tomorrow night Hearts will be carrying on as if nothing is wrong and no doubt making statements about how bright the future is.

theonlywayisup
19-05-2013, 10:18 PM

Oops! Did wonder about putting an "Other" option!

Is it easy to change?

Leithenhibby
19-05-2013, 10:19 PM

So something will happen!!....... :wink:

Sir David Gray
19-05-2013, 10:20 PM
As much as I would love to see them deducted points and subsequently relegated, I can't see them coming to a decision of this magnitude only a few days after UBIG announced their troubles.

There will be further talks held over the next month or so as the bigger picture unfolds and I fully expect any points deduction to be applied next season.

Hope I'm wrong though. :pray:

#FromTheCapital
19-05-2013, 10:23 PM
Can't see them getting a points deduction but il take comfort from the fact that they are screwed no matter what.

Geo_1875
19-05-2013, 10:37 PM
As much as I would love to see them deducted points and subsequently relegated, I can't see them coming to a decision of this magnitude only a few days after UBIG announced their troubles.

There will be further talks held over the next month or so as the bigger picture unfolds and I fully expect any points deduction to be applied next season.

Hope I'm wrong though. :pray:

UBIG didn't recently announce their troubles. It has been known that they were up ****-creek since Ukio went bust. What they've done is thrown in the towel and HoMFC should now suffer the consequences.

Sir David Gray
19-05-2013, 11:02 PM
UBIG didn't recently announce their troubles. It has been known that they were up ****-creek since Ukio went bust. What they've done is thrown in the towel and HoMFC should now suffer the consequences.

I think everyone knows that they are in financial trouble but the SPL will require certain criteria to be met before they're going to issue them with a points deduction.

They won't just deduct points on the back of some media reports, no matter how plausible they seem.

These things have a legal aspect to them as well and I'm sure the lawyers of both the SPL and Hearts will be involved in discussions over the coming days and weeks.

I'm sure that they will get a points deduction at some stage because they do seem to be very close to going bust now but I'm not sure that it will be tomorrow.

silverhibee
19-05-2013, 11:18 PM
Verdict tomorrow

Die h***** Die

Sean1875
19-05-2013, 11:28 PM
As hilarious as it would be to see Hearts relegated this season, im starting to think maybe a points deduction next season would be of greater comical value.. They'll have to clear everyone out from their squad in the summer and spending a season seeing Hearts getting pumped week in week out and knowing that they are more or less guaranteed relegation could be very entertaining :agree:

Saorsa
19-05-2013, 11:34 PM
IMO they'll be eliminated by events outside Scotland anyway so we winnae have tae worry about the SPL no having the bottle tae do the right thing. Be good tae see them getting relegated before they get liquidated but liquidation only would do just as well.

EdinMike
19-05-2013, 11:34 PM
My heart *Pun intended ?* says they will get the point reduction and relegation.

My head says nothing will happen and they will be given a point deduction next season... If they survive the Summer that is ! :wink:

Hibercelona
20-05-2013, 05:47 AM
Hearts to get off scott-free as Jambo Edinburgh Council devise clever scheme to use tax payers money to slash off all the debt.

Nothing would shock me now in all honesty. :rolleyes:

brydekirk
20-05-2013, 06:00 AM
The problem I see, is, if they are still in Spl next season, will they be able to last the whole season ?

stokesmessiah
20-05-2013, 06:11 AM
Nothing is going to happen today to Hearts. Not enough has happened with UBIG for the SPL to make such a big decision and be confident enough to argue it away strongly enough in court. Doesn't mean we are not seeing the beginning of the end game though.

SuperTortolano
20-05-2013, 06:33 AM
My money is on a points deduction but not enough to see them relegated!

Onion
20-05-2013, 06:34 AM

IMHO the points thing is really just a bit of fun, as Yams will be in no position to play in any league next season once the loans are called in by the Lith Admins and the truth about where the dirty money came from. The SPL would do well to relegate them now and remove the problem from our top league.

hibbeedavid
20-05-2013, 06:35 AM
I'd still be surprised if we get any concrete decision from the SPL today, will probably conclude that they will wait to see if insolvency is granted or not by Lithuanian court, there's no way in my eyes we'll be celebrating a Hearts relegation today

Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but if they did get deducted 18 points would it have turned out that we relegated them? As I'm sure if they had beaten us and Aberdeen they'd have been more than 18 points clear of Dundee

lucky
20-05-2013, 06:38 AM
The yams to be given a European place according to the investigative journalism of Barry Anderson after he discovered they owe the money to themselves

HIBERNIAN-0762
20-05-2013, 06:40 AM
We all know what they are like and they're arrogance could see them squirm out of any punishment and if they do then a full head on protest to the SPL must be made, not just by us but by all clubs who abide by the rules.

I want them dead and buried and couldn't care less about derbies to be honest, just to be rid of that club and not have to listen to endless boasting and bull from they're fans would be heaven.

Saorsa
20-05-2013, 06:44 AM
My money is on a points deduction but not enough to see them relegated!The rules state what the point deduction is, they cannae just make that up and pick a number.

ronaldo7
20-05-2013, 06:49 AM
I think an 18 point penalty should be awarded and reduced to 15 on appeal:greengrin

Dee Day

Saorsa
20-05-2013, 06:51 AM
I think an 18 point penalty should be awarded and reduced to 15 on appeal:greengrindinnae think they'll appeal much tae anybody :sick: 18 points it is :greengrin

1two
20-05-2013, 06:53 AM
Today will be disappointing, they won't be deducted points now.
Worst they'll get is a warning that if the parent company insolvency event, club administration is confirmed in court they'll get a points deduction, probably next season.

Lets not get concerned if nothing happens today. It is only delaying the inevitable.

Saorsa
20-05-2013, 06:55 AM
what a lot of miserable gits on here today.

Just Alf
20-05-2013, 07:01 AM
Today will be disappointing, they won't be deducted points now.
Worst they'll get is a warning that if the parent company insolvency event, club administration is confirmed in court they'll get a points deduction, probably next season.

Lets not get concerned if nothing happens today. It is only delaying the inevitable.

I'm almost with you on this, although I do take comfort from the fact that the SPL have already said that if Admin is confirmed in, say 3 weeks time, then the relevant trigger date for any punishment is set at last Thursday as that's the date UBIG themselves drew the proverbial line in the sand..... I'm thinking that the management that's left don't want to fall foul of any trading while insolvent rules hence the announcement.

From a Yam perspective, this is all a side show at the moment. The big question is what's happening with their own finances as a result of all this!

Just Alf
20-05-2013, 07:01 AM
what a lot of miserable gits on here today.

Morning DD! :D

Saorsa
20-05-2013, 07:02 AM
Morning DD! :DMorning :greengrin

CraigHibee
20-05-2013, 07:04 AM
Even if the **** don't get a points deduction today, they are still in a pretty nasty position, they cannot service the debt they have and the chances are they will hit the wall at some point leading to bankruptcy (hopefully) and then going the same route as their Glasgow brothers! difference being, they won't have an owner who can throw money into the team to buy their way out the bottom tier!

Niffy
20-05-2013, 07:10 AM
No points deducted either season at today's meeting. As by SPL's rules, they are not in administration yet.
Whether they will be will be dealt with then.

Caversham Green
20-05-2013, 07:12 AM
As I understand it a points deduction next season isn't an option at the moment. The relevant questions are whether or not UBIG's declaration of insolvency constitutes an insolvency event (I strongly believe it does) and whether or not UBIG were sufficiently involved with HoMFC to trigger the Board's discretion on the group company provision of the rules (I strongly believe they were. The declaration of insolvency happened during the season so the choice is either 18 points off this season or nothing yet.

However, the points deduction issue looks more and more like being a sideshow anyway. The circumstances are such that other events are likely to take place in the next week or two that will make a points deduction irrelevant.

Saorsa
20-05-2013, 07:13 AM
As I understand it a points deduction next season isn't an option at the moment. The relevant questions are whether or not UBIG's declaration of insolvency constitutes an insolvency event (I strongly believe it does) and whether or not UBIG were sufficiently involved with HoMFC to trigger the Board's discretion on the group company provision of the rules (I strongly believe they were. The declaration of insolvency happened during the season so the choice is either 18 points off this season or nothing yet.

However, the points deduction issue looks more and more like being a sideshow anyway. The circumstances are such that other events are likely to take place in the next week or two that will make a points deduction irrelevant.Much better :greengrin :thumbsup:

Steve20
20-05-2013, 07:16 AM
They should get a points deduction. But they won't.

matty_f
20-05-2013, 07:16 AM
Relegation is the very least of their problems at the minute.

Saorsa
20-05-2013, 07:17 AM
Relegation is the very least of their problems at the minute.:agree: Relegation or not they will be taken out by events elsewhere anyway.

Sylar
20-05-2013, 07:21 AM
:agree: Relegation or not they will be taken out by events elsewhere anyway.

I love your zeal for justice :greengrin

bingo70
20-05-2013, 07:23 AM
:agree: Relegation or not they will be taken out by events elsewhere anyway.

Which is why the decision needs to be made now to relegate them and I'm sure the SPL board will be aware of that.

BigKev
20-05-2013, 07:24 AM
They're such a lucky shower of ***** they might escape punishment today however death and destruction are not far away.

If we need to wait a week, month or year they're dead. Everyone knows it. The SPL would be doing them a favour relegating them today which may save them a death by a thousand cuts.

**** em, let them burn in hell.

Pedantic_Hibee
20-05-2013, 07:27 AM
Let justice prevail.

Bin the bassas.

EdinMike
20-05-2013, 07:29 AM
I've just finished a night shift, when should I set my alarm in preparation for the news.. :greengrin

Sanger
20-05-2013, 07:31 AM
Relegation is the very least of their problems at the minute.

Agree relegation least of worries. Ukio Bankas losing bankruptcy appeal, UBIG being UB main debtor being declared bankrupt and UB them going after the assets of UBIG and HMFC to fill some of the £300 million hole left by UB that the Lithuanian state had to fill. Will be an interesting summer in Edinburgh.

Hibercelona
20-05-2013, 07:35 AM
They're such a lucky shower of ***** they might escape punishment today however death and destruction are not far away.

If we need to wait a week, month or year they're dead. Everyone knows it. The SPL would be doing them a favour relegating them today which may save them a death by a thousand cuts.

**** em, let them burn in hell.

Quit being so impartial and let your feelings be known. :greengrin

grunt
20-05-2013, 07:36 AM
However, the points deduction issue looks more and more like being a sideshow anyway. The circumstances are such that other events are likely to take place in the next week or two that will make a points deduction irrelevant.
Other events, Cav?

Sanger
20-05-2013, 07:38 AM
Had contact with Bryan Bradley the Bloomberg reporter in Lithuania and he believes a court would have to declare UBIG insolvent but the important thing is that the official insolvency process has began which is good enough according to the SPL rule book to have the points deduction.

Caversham Green
20-05-2013, 07:46 AM
Other events, Cav?

:greengrin Nothing specific necessarily, but the progress of the two insolvency processes is likely to cast up some very unpleasant truths for our pink chums.

Saorsa
20-05-2013, 07:51 AM
I love your zeal for justice :greengrin:greengrin

Time tae pay the piper :agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-05-2013, 08:19 AM
SPL should have an obligation to the clubs that have stuck to the rules.

TheMentalHibees
20-05-2013, 08:21 AM
No decision will be made. You need to alter your poll.

This time tomorrow night Hearts will be carrying on as if nothing is wrong and no doubt making statements about how bright the future is.

+1
Hee-haw is going to happen.

IWasThere2016
20-05-2013, 08:24 AM
The SPL could delay/defer etc., but frankly that's like leaving a starving fat lass in a room with a huge chocolate gateaux and expecting yer cake to be intact when you return 4 hours later.

Hibernian Verse
20-05-2013, 08:47 AM
"Sporting Integrity" (Petrie, 2012)

J-C
20-05-2013, 08:53 AM
I've a funny feeling it's more complicated than it looks and it'll be a deduction starting from next season. Thing is it's the parent company that's bust not actually the club itself, unlike Rangers where they themselves went bust.

Saorsa
20-05-2013, 08:59 AM
I've a funny feeling it's more complicated than it looks and it'll be a deduction starting from next season. Thing is it's the parent company that's bust not actually the club itself, unlike Rangers where they themselves went bust.The rules apply tae the parent company going bust as well as the club.

J-C
20-05-2013, 09:00 AM
The rules apply tae the parent company going bust as well as the club.

I know but think there's a few legal wrangles that may happen