PDA

View Full Version : Doyle or Caldwell?

FromTheCapital
19-05-2013, 12:51 PM
It's pretty much confirmed we'll start with Griffiths upfront but if we do play a 4-4-2, then who would you play alongside him... Doyle or Caldwell?

:confused:

Malthibby
19-05-2013, 12:53 PM
Doyle has scored a couple recently but I think Caldwell would mess up their back four more effectively.
As in other areas it's nice to have some choices.
GG

andrew70
19-05-2013, 12:54 PM
It's pretty much confirmed we'll start with Griffiths upfront but if we do play a 4-4-2, then who would you play alongside him... Doyle or Caldwell?

:confused:

I think Doyle will start, but more towards the right and Harris on the left. Taiwo, Claros and Thomson in the midfield.

JohnStephens91
19-05-2013, 12:54 PM
Doyle for me, mainly because he can shift to right midfield and put in a great shift there as we should remember from the game against Celtic at Easter Road. I like Caldwell and think he will mature into a better striker, but for me I'd start with Doyle. He also has the burning desire from the final last season to correct things as shown by his contribution in the semi-final.

Martin
19-05-2013, 12:56 PM
Neither - I think we will play a 451

Bostonhibby
19-05-2013, 12:56 PM
I'll go with potentially both start with one and if the tactics need changing or one is tiring or not performing make the change. Nice to have a decent quality choice and both do get involved. Its the lower price higher class alternative to the Yams batman and robin, N'goo and sutton.

hfc rd
19-05-2013, 12:57 PM
Doyle for me, mainly because he can shift to right midfield and put in a great shift there as we should remember from the game against Celtic at Easter Road. I like Caldwell and think he will mature into a better striker, but for me I'd start with Doyle. He also has the burning desire from the final last season to correct things as shown by his contribution in the semi-final.

This.

Titch
19-05-2013, 01:01 PM
Neither - I think we will play a 451

i think we'll play a 4-5-1 but with a midfield of harris taiwo thomson claros doyle

lord bunberry
19-05-2013, 01:05 PM
i think we'll play a 4-5-1 but with a midfield of harris taiwo thomson claros doyle

I can see that being the midfield as well but I would rather we went with 2 up front as we've looked good playing that way recently

Keith_M
19-05-2013, 01:06 PM
TBH, I'm not too bothered which of the two start.

Whoever it is, it's great that we'll have the option of bringing the other one off the bench.

StarMan10
I think Doyle will, but i'd prefer Caldwell as personally i think he'd cause problems for the Celtic defence. Doyle is abit hot and cold but when on form is a dangerous player but when not he cant hit a barn door. Anyway, trust Pat will make the correct and knowledgeable choice.

greenginger
Caldwell for me. Doyle has never got his head to a clearance in the time he has been at Easter Road and even if we don't want to play the hoofed clearance there will be plenty of them.

Bring Doyle on for the last 15mins if we still need a goal. :cb

CapitalHibs
19-05-2013, 01:14 PM
I think Doyle will start, but more towards the right and Harris on the left. Taiwo, Claros and Thomson in the midfield.

Agree 100% with this:aok:

We look a totally different team when the defence and midfield can play the outball to the wide players, Instead of the hoofball out of the back four, players like Claros and Thomson can get time to get their foot on the ball (something that's going to be vital against celtc) and be able to push forward in support of Leigh, Eoin and Alex.

blackpoolhibs
19-05-2013, 01:23 PM

:agree: Thats my thoughts too.

Makaveli
19-05-2013, 01:27 PM
Doyle for me.

Two out and out strikers won't cut it against them; we need Doyle as a consistent outlet on the right and Harris on the left.

WestEndHibee
19-05-2013, 01:28 PM
I think Caldwell will cause more problems with Celtic initially and that Doyle is an excellent player to bring off the bench when the opposition's defence are tired. Saying that, I'm happy with either.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
19-05-2013, 02:16 PM
Doyle for me, played great against them at ER and ripped Izzaguire for arse paper. Need all the experienced players against this lot, imo.