PDA

View Full Version : The official where are you drinking before the match thread.

Lofarl
19-05-2013, 12:44 PM
I am going to the match with a few friends of mine. Sadly I am unable to get a lift through due to time constraints so just like last year I'll be getting the train through. I'll be getting a lift back so my two friends are unable to have a bevvy.

Luckily for me I can. Daresay I will be drinking more than one or two before KO. So what good pubs are around Weegie central/queen St? Also I'd be happy to spend some time with some fellow "friendless" hibbes before the game.

So drinking venues chaps???

KingFranck
19-05-2013, 12:51 PM
I am going to the match with a few friends of mine. Sadly I am unable to get a lift through due to time constraints so just like last year I'll be getting the train through. I'll be getting a lift back so my two friends are unable to have a bevvy.

Luckily for me I can. Daresay I will be drinking more than one or two before KO. So what good pubs are around Weegie central/queen St? Also I'd be happy to spend some time with some fellow "friendless" hibbes before the game.

So drinking venues chaps???

The Counting House is close to Queen Street there's another one might be called the International bar but not sure

The bus I'm going on is booked into the Glasgow Indoor Bowling Club about 5 mins from Hampden by the looks of it!

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-05-2013, 01:09 PM
Drouthy's is further down QS on the same side as The Counting House, not a bad boozer.

deeks01
19-05-2013, 01:20 PM
Personally I'm thinking stay close to Central Station then its a case of walking over & jumping on the train to MtFlorida. Unfortunately I only know 2 that are decent which fit that bill - The Crystal Palace which is a Wetherspoon's just down from Central which is quite decent if it's a quiet pint you're after. The Arrol in Central is pretty decent with good tunes on every time I've been in (rolling stones & the like) which is likely to calm me down as much as a pint or 2. However its not very big & not the cheapest. My usual haunts in Glasgow are further afield like firewater up on sauchiehall street which is brilliant... But not for pre cup final drinks! Decisions.

lyonhibs
19-05-2013, 01:28 PM
Personally I'm thinking stay close to Central Station then its a case of walking over & jumping on the train to MtFlorida. Unfortunately I only know 2 that are decent which fit that bill - The Crystal Palace which is a Wetherspoon's just down from Central which is quite decent if it's a quiet pint you're after. The Arrol in Central is pretty decent with good tunes on every time I've been in (rolling stones & the like) which is likely to calm me down as much as a pint or 2. However its not very big & not the cheapest. My usual haunts in Glasgow are further afield like firewater up on sauchiehall street which is brilliant... But not for pre cup final drinks! Decisions.

There's a place literally 2 minutes from The Crysal Palace where we went last year. Just keep heading away from town. The name escapes me for some reason.

Not going back there again this year - tis a cursed place so it is - but going to The Shed in the Southside which has seemingly been commandeered for Hibbie purposes.

deeks01
19-05-2013, 02:13 PM
There's a place literally 2 minutes from The Crysal Palace where we went last year. Just keep heading away from town. The name escapes me for some reason.

Not going back there again this year - tis a cursed place so it is - but going to The Shed in the Southside which has seemingly been commandeered for Hibbie purposes.

I have no clue but I'd rather stay away from any accursed places anyway!;)! Nah it'll be a pint and some Hibs talk to settle the nerves so on reflection I'm thinking the crystal palace is ideal.

I just saw the thread about the shed & its sounding excellent but I may have left that one a bit late!

yeezus.
19-05-2013, 02:33 PM
Water. Alcohol is for sinners :wink:

neilmartinrocks
19-05-2013, 02:35 PM
The ASDA car park with a carry out.
whilst in the weidge an aw that ken pal.:greengrin

Frazerbob
19-05-2013, 02:56 PM
Croftfoot Bowling Club

cwilliamson85
19-05-2013, 03:04 PM
The Shed thanks to a mate sorting out tickets :)

SwanseaHibs
19-05-2013, 03:07 PM
There is a pub in Muirend called The Bank that is serving grown-up refreshments from 11am. It only a short walk from Hampden.

Killiehibbie
19-05-2013, 03:35 PM
The ASDA car park with a carry out.
whilst in the weidge an aw that ken pal.:greengrin
If you're going native you'd better head into Kings Park and hide in the bushes.

neilmartinrocks
19-05-2013, 04:25 PM
If you're going native you'd better head into Kings Park and hide in the bushes.

Was thinking of going to Cathkin for a kick about before the game.

Albanian Hibs
19-05-2013, 05:30 PM
Church on the hill for us

erskine-hibby
19-05-2013, 05:43 PM
Probably the florida park.

LancashireHibby
19-05-2013, 07:16 PM
Moffat. Not even kidding. No queuing for an hour to get a beer this year!

nonshinyfinish
19-05-2013, 09:13 PM

MacSorley's.

The Shed sounds like it will be fun...although my sincere hope is that the serious drinking will be after the game, for all the right reasons.

DH1875
19-05-2013, 11:05 PM
MacSorley's.

The Shed sounds like it will be fun...although my sincere hope is that the serious drinking will be after the game, for all the right reasons.

Think I was in MacSorley's last year. Is that the music bar? Thought the staff were a joke. No club colours :faf:, aye right. Shocking to see them turning folk away because they had hibs tops on, in a bar full of Hi-bees. Also tried to stop the sing songs. It's a music bar FFS. Can't believe we holded out as long as we did but after an hour or two and a few drinks, there was no stopping us. Thank duck I'm no going there this year.

DH1875
19-05-2013, 11:08 PM
Anyone arranged a boozer for AFTER the game? Queues for the train back after the semi were over 2 hours long. With it being a Sunday could be worse this time around.

silverhibee
19-05-2013, 11:15 PM
What will train times be for leaving the Capital on Sunday, every hour/half hour, don't do much train travelling :greengrin

Lofarl
20-05-2013, 06:41 AM
http://www.scotrail.co.uk/content/details-engineering-work-end-may

So in other words get the train via the Bathgate line and not via Livingston.

nonshinyfinish
20-05-2013, 07:43 PM
Think I was in MacSorley's last year. Is that the music bar? Thought the staff were a joke. No club colours :faf:, aye right. Shocking to see them turning folk away because they had hibs tops on, in a bar full of Hi-bees. Also tried to stop the sing songs. It's a music bar FFS. Can't believe we holded out as long as we did but after an hour or two and a few drinks, there was no stopping us. Thank duck I'm no going there this year.

Yeah, that was a bit odd. Were folk actually turned away? I remember the barman making half-hearted attempts to get people to take scarves off, etc.

I suppose if you're used to dealing with Celtc/Sevco fans, then you'd be worried about the possibility of trouble.

hibsforeurope
20-05-2013, 07:53 PM
Is anyone else booked into the Boswell hotel? Still haven't heard if it opens at 11 or 12.30.

Hibsforthecup
20-05-2013, 07:58 PM
Hi, first post on the forum and have quick question. We went to Hutchinson Bowling Club for the semi final (about a 15 minute walk from the stadium). Is this being used again as a 'Hibs' venue for the final? .

Cheers

I'm_cabbaged
20-05-2013, 08:03 PM
What will train times be for leaving the Capital on Sunday, every hour/half hour, don't do much train travelling :greengrin

Every half hour on a Sunday, sure they said they're putting on extra trains / carriages though.

Waxy
20-05-2013, 08:48 PM
Was thinking of going to Cathkin for a kick about before the game.Good idea.The very venue Hibs first won the Scottish cup.

DH1875
20-05-2013, 08:52 PM
Yeah, that was a bit odd. Were folk actually turned away? I remember the barman making half-hearted attempts to get people to take scarves off, etc.

I suppose if you're used to dealing with Celtc/Sevco fans, then you'd be worried about the possibility of trouble.

They were in deed :confused:. I was sat at the bar and some bird was at the bar and she only had a hibs top on (her top half :tsk tsk:) . Bar staff asked her to cover up and she couldn't as it's all she had. She tried to point out she was in a bar full of hi-bees but got nowhere so her and her group left.

hibeedonald
20-05-2013, 09:04 PM
Me and mates will be at ARK, recently renovated and got a brilliant outside area (biggest in the city), could easily hold 300 hibees, we should take it over, it's next to Queen ST so pretty ideal!

http://www.screampubs.co.uk/thearkglasgow

hibeedonald
20-05-2013, 09:06 PM
They were in deed :confused:. I was sat at the bar and some bird was at the bar and she only had a hibs top on (her top half :tsk tsk:) . Bar staff asked her to cover up and she couldn't as it's all she had. She tried to point out she was in a bar full of hi-bees but got nowhere so her and her group left.

Daft but Macsorley's is normally a good bar during non football times.

DH1875
20-05-2013, 09:28 PM
Me and mates will be at ARK, recently renovated and got a brilliant outside area (biggest in the city), could easily hold 300 hibees, we should take it over, it's next to Queen ST so pretty ideal!

http://www.screampubs.co.uk/thearkglasgow

Is that no a student place though? You used to need a yellow card type thing to get a drink.

HibbySpurs
20-05-2013, 09:51 PM
The Shed, mate got us tickets :thumbsup:

hungryhibs
20-05-2013, 10:00 PM
well am booked in 2 shettleston juniors with 500 other hibs fans anyone eals going?

HibsNibs
20-05-2013, 10:07 PM
Anyone been to The Clockwork Beer Company ?
It's the only Cask Marque certified place in Glasgow by the looks of things.

hibee_nation
20-05-2013, 10:12 PM

I was in there after the falkirk semi, good place loads of room.

hibeedonald
20-05-2013, 10:13 PM
Is that no a student place though? You used to need a yellow card type thing to get a drink.

Nah I am a student but it's used by everyone, never needed a card. A lot of students use it as it's close to uni but not on a Sunday.

HibsNibs
20-05-2013, 10:17 PM
I was in there after the falkirk semi, good place loads of room.

ok to get in there with colours on ?

vein
20-05-2013, 10:31 PM

Been there before a Scotland game about 10 years ago, mind it being pretty big inside. You should maybe phone them up first though, I would assume it will be tickets or wristbands to get in and they will probably have a few buses booked in.

Seven Zero
20-05-2013, 10:59 PM
well am booked in 2 shettleston juniors with 500 other hibs fans anyone eals going?

Same :) 11am opening time... Happy Days! Gonna be a great day out! Shettleston seem to have it right this time round so looking forward to it :D

HibeeHendo
20-05-2013, 11:10 PM
Any suggestions on a decent pub close to Central Station?

cabbageandribs1875
20-05-2013, 11:25 PM
Any suggestions on a decent pub close to Central Station?

at the SF we went out the back of central(over at the back of the platform for hampden) and turned right, just about 100 yds up on the right hand side was a boozer with approx 14 pool tables in it

HibeeEmma
20-05-2013, 11:30 PM
Church on the hill for us

Really like this place

hibee_nation
20-05-2013, 11:59 PM
at the SF we went out the back of central(over at the back of the platform for hampden) and turned right, just about 100 yds up on the right hand side was a boozer with approx 14 pool tables in it

Snap. It is called Reardons. Opened early too as it is a club.

Pete
21-05-2013, 12:19 AM
We went to the brazen head last year but I don't think I'll be returning there this time.

It will be a case of parking the car and a fast black to a pub the cabbie advises followed by another one back to the ground.

Might try that iron horse. I think I was there before the league cup final and it seemed OK.

nonshinyfinish
21-05-2013, 04:28 PM
Daft but Macsorley's is normally a good bar during non football times.

:agree: That's the reason we went in the first place, good pub.

yeezus.
21-05-2013, 04:30 PM

the pub on Jamacia street? I think I was there as well and we were belting out Hibs songs with no interruption.

DH1875
21-05-2013, 04:35 PM
the pub on Jamacia street? I think I was there as well and we were belting out Hibs songs with no interruption.

We were :thumbsup:. Took an hour to get started though and the staff eventually had to give in as there were to many of us :greengrin.

Bobby's Cinema
21-05-2013, 04:46 PM
Church on the Hill. First time there :pfgwa

iwasthere1972
21-05-2013, 04:48 PM
We're going to a Lodge near Hampden. Better remember and take my Pope fancy costume off before I get off the bus.

Lofarl
26-05-2013, 09:18 AM
I think I'll be having a few at Mcsorleys which is on Jamacia Street next to Glasgow Central. As its the only boozer I know that's convenient.

...WentToMowAnSPL
26-05-2013, 09:43 AM
Anywhere ok for food around 12:00 if you have kids ?

Allant1981
26-05-2013, 10:41 AM
We are at a club in giffnock, bbq on the go as well as beer flowing

...WentToMowAnSPL
26-05-2013, 11:41 AM
Got sorted at counting house ... Lunch sorted and full of Hibees

SteveHFC
26-05-2013, 11:48 AM
Anyone at Ballroom Snooker club?

Lofarl
26-05-2013, 12:13 PM
Heading to mcsorelys now. On my own atm. Come talk to the guy in glasses wearing beige trousers.

LancashireHibby
26-05-2013, 12:20 PM
Great stop in Moffat for dinner and a few pints. Leigh Hibs convoy just passed Motherwell turn off, not hopeful of a pub near Hampden.

Lofarl
26-05-2013, 12:23 PM
It's empty in Mcsorelys which is a good thing for a quiet pint right beside Glasgow Central

CyberSauzee
26-05-2013, 12:32 PM
Sergey and I have reached East Kilbride. The pegs have sold like hot cakes. We should maybe do some baking to raise funds next year. Onwards to Hampden, we should just make it but the horse is knackered. We'll sell it to Tesco for the fare back home.

jodjam
26-05-2013, 12:48 PM
Clincarthill church. Free coffee day. Add brandy and happy days

degenerated
26-05-2013, 01:38 PM
I was drinking heavily in the church on the hill but at the ground now :greengrin