PDA

View Full Version : Best Moments of the season

Stringer
18-05-2013, 07:59 PM
High points for me.

Caldwell goal at the Wonga dome

Griffith's goal v Falkirk (sigh of relief)

Wotherspoon goal/ Zal og at ER in the big cup.

Hiber-nation
18-05-2013, 08:03 PM
Sparky's winner at Hampden is right up there in my best Hibs moments ever, never mind this season.

Other than that, both goals last week were very pleasing :greengrin

West hamBERNIAN
18-05-2013, 08:04 PM
high points for me.

Caldwell goal at the wonga dome

griffith's goal v falkirk (sigh of relief)

wotherspoon goal/ zal og at er in the big cup.

1st time i seen harris play

comeback v falkirk

away win at motherwell was quality

caldwell at wongadome, been due a last minute goal against them for so soooo long.

PatHead
18-05-2013, 08:04 PM
Spoony's cup goal for me.

Sas_The_Hibby
18-05-2013, 08:06 PM
Also our third goal (Sparky's second) against Killie in the cup and Williams' penalty save v Aberdeen in the cup.

HibeeMackenzie
18-05-2013, 08:07 PM
Sparky's winner next week

West hamBERNIAN
18-05-2013, 08:08 PM
High points for me.

Caldwell goal at the Wonga dome

Griffith's goal v Falkirk (sigh of relief)

Wotherspoon goal/ Zal og at ER in the big cup.

1st time i seen harris play

comeback v falkirk

away win at motherwell was quality

caldwell at wongadome, been due a last minute goal against them for so soooo long.

Spoony's cup goal for me.

Also our third goal (Sparky's second) against Killie in the cup and Williams' penalty save v Aberdeen in the cup.

TURNS OUT ITS BEEN A GREAT SEASON :greengrin

TomoHFC
18-05-2013, 08:08 PM
Spoon's goal against the ****s in December

Sparky's goal against Falkirk

Caldwell's goal at the pedo dome

Game at Killie in the cup

:flag::pfgwa

wookie70
18-05-2013, 08:23 PM
Leigh against Dundee Utd at Easter Road
Doyle in the Semi
Caldwell at PBS

but Spoony to knock them out of the Cup may be my favourite along with Taxman in the Half Time hit parade

essexhibee
18-05-2013, 08:27 PM
Leigh v Falkirk (Felt emotions I didn't know were possible at a football game :greengrin)
Doyler v Falkirk. (Was SUCH a relief).
Wotherspoon v Hearts (Such relief that finally we had scored to take a lead in a derby and look like we would win it).
Caldwell v Hearts. (Blew my uni house down celebrating. Immense finish. What a feeling)
Leigh V Hearts. (That is all. WOW.)

Westie1875
18-05-2013, 08:28 PM
Leigh's goal vs Falkirk, overwhelming feelings of joy and relief when that hit the net

Sir David Gray
18-05-2013, 08:30 PM
Sparky's winner in the semi final was one of my greatest ever moments as a Hibs fan.

I think only winning the Scottish Cup would ever beat the feeling when that ball hit the net.

PatHead
18-05-2013, 08:30 PM
I had forgotten about Deegan's goal v Aberdeen in Cup. Great strike from an unexpected source.

frazeHFC
18-05-2013, 08:40 PM
Motherwell away 4-0.....top top night!
Hearts away 2-1.....top top day!
2nd half and ET Falkirk......fantastic turnaround and start of recent form!

Some of the best moments as a Hibee, fantastic especially last weekend. :thumbsup:

:flag:

Eyrie
18-05-2013, 08:56 PM
The comeback against Falkirk, unbeaten against the Yams, knocking them out of the Cup, emergence of Harris and Forster, beating Septic twice. It's been a very good season, let down only by not making the top six and the reserves being beaten by Queen of the South.

One game left to make it a great year.

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-05-2013, 09:06 PM
Thinking at the start of the season that we might have found a player in Williams.
Knowing at the end of the season, that we actually have done.

hibee_girl
18-05-2013, 09:09 PM
Every moment watching Claros.

EdinMike
18-05-2013, 09:09 PM
Sat long and hard and decided it has to be Spoony's goal against the Yamboloids.

Me and my Brother sat there for most of the game saying to each other "They're gonna nick it just wait" And having very squeaky bums any time they went forward.

I think we fell down a row or 2 when Spoony shot went in and I had a great old bruise for a few days after. But I loved that bruise !

...However the season really isn't over yet. :agree:

HibeeN
18-05-2013, 09:11 PM
beating Septic twice.

Not yet. :greengrin

hibsbollah
18-05-2013, 09:12 PM
The yam falling down all those steps at the New Year derby:fenlon

Waxy
18-05-2013, 09:13 PM
Been a good few high points but Ross Caldwell last week wins the prize (so far)

Can't remember a such a meaningful late goal at the dump since Joe McBrides late goals in 1985.

AFKA5814_Hibs
18-05-2013, 09:14 PM
All the Cup goals and Williams penalty save v Aberdeen. Said at the time after Williams save - it might just be our year.

matty_f
18-05-2013, 09:14 PM
Every moment watching Claros.

:agree:

Considering how hard he found last season, he has been outstanding this season.

Eyrie
18-05-2013, 09:20 PM
Not yet. :greengrin

I knew it wouldn't take long to be spotted :thumbsup:

fife hfc
18-05-2013, 09:30 PM
The second half of the semi was one of my best moments as a hibee (after feeling that we had ****** up yet again) and last week after not going to tynie for 15 years and then on my return to see that last week was fantastic and hopefully the last derby ever.

LeithBoozy
18-05-2013, 09:39 PM
Finding-out they did not only owe it to themselves after all. :greengrin

Stuarty27
18-05-2013, 09:45 PM
Queen of South game :)

NadeAteMyLunch!
18-05-2013, 10:10 PM
First derby of the season. Was gutted afterwards at not getting the win we thoroughly deserved but proud at turning up for the first time in a while!

Spoony's goal at ER v ICT

Motherwell away. Superb night from start to finish. How away days should be

Spoony's goal v's THEM. Old school terracing celebrations, 5 row tumble, bruises for days etc

Beating Celtic at home on my old man's 60th on the back of a shocking run

The Murrayfield before New Year at the PBS and then the atmosphere in our end for 90 mins

Killie away in the cup. Another great away day. Superb atmosphere. In particular, Sparky's 2nd

Falkirk semi second half/extra time! Wow! Doyle and Sparky's second :not worth Goosebumps

The PBS last week, out sang them(again), Leigh's free kick :not worth and a last minute cracker! Pandemonium in that stand :greengrin

???????-hopefully the best yet to come

West hamBERNIAN
18-05-2013, 10:14 PM
The yam falling down all those steps at the New Year derby:fenlon

:greengrin Well worth a mention

Cameron1875
18-05-2013, 10:15 PM
Queen of South game :)
:jamboclow

green glory
18-05-2013, 10:29 PM
Jambogeddon.

Pete
18-05-2013, 10:34 PM
So many great moments but I don't think I've ever felt more emotion than after Doyle's goal.

I don't even have to tell you where and when such was the significance.

Jones28
18-05-2013, 11:58 PM
Spoonys goal vs hearts, Leigh's goal in the semi and caldwells winner last weekend are my top 3 :flag:

Teuchter Hibbie
19-05-2013, 12:43 AM
Of the games I've been to this season:

4-0 away to Motherwell - brilliant atmosphere, great result and the first time I'd really experienced full-on the "Allez Allez Allez Au" chant that is now a matchday staple

1-0 vs Hearts - easily the best atmosphere at ER I'd been a part of in years, certainly since the East was rebuilt. The sheer euphoria of the goal and the celebrations that followed were unforgettable.

1-0 vs Aberdeen - made more enjoyable by the fact I went to this with my flatmate who's a Dons man, Deegan's goal was an absolute belter, and Williams' penalty save was brilliant, and was probably the moment I first dared to dream

4-2 vs Killie - superb atmosphere, my lost my phone celebrating the first goal and spent the next five minutes scrambling up and down the rows trying to locate its constituent parts and reassemble them. the third goal sparked more wild celebrations, particularly as i thought the chance had gone once big Sissoko had knocked Griffiths on his jacksie.

4-3 vs Falkirk - the most exciting and indeed ridiculous game of football I've ever been to. Relief surpassed joy when Doyle's equaliser bobbled in, and Griffiths' winner - just wow. Had a perfect view of its swerve from behind the goals, could see it was in from the moment he struck it.

Having gone to the other four derbies this season, and saving for the 26th, I gave Tynie a miss last week, otherwise Caldwell's winner would definitely feature on this list - the celebrations look unbelievable on the highlights. I made do with laps of the living room and a few celebratory cauld ones.

Swedish hibee
19-05-2013, 01:17 AM
Thought very long and hard about this, and when Spoonys goal hit the back of the net was my fave moment of the season for me. To take them outta the cup after last season is a moment that will stay with me forever..

.. And winning it next week too :pfgwa

Mon the Hibs

LancashireHibby
19-05-2013, 08:10 AM
The sheer relief of the goal in the cup derby, especially from a personal point of view as it meant it ended my derby hoodoo!

19-05-2013, 08:15 AM
Spoonys goal vs hearts to knock them out the cup - was in the east that night, the place was absolutely bouncing!

Doyles equaliser in the semi - total relief and disbelief that somehow we had come back

Sparkys winner at hampden - one of the best goals i've ever seen from a hibs player

Sparkys free kick at tynie - absolute wonder strike, magnificent goal

Caldwell winner at tynie - well need I say more, absolute ecstasy!

Beating celtic at home was also a great day

Please please hibs can you completely top the lot and give us one last moment of sheer ecstasy next sunday !!!!

HibeeMG
19-05-2013, 08:19 AM
I really can't make up my mind between Spoony's winner versus them or Doyle's equaliser in the semi. Both were celebrated like I was a man possessed.

The derby one was great as it was brilliant to have the East bouncing like the good old days and, well, it was against them. One of the worst games of football to grace our stadium but we lose a lot of rubbish games and I thought that's how it was going to be until Zaliukas kindly nudged Spoony's shot into the net.

Until Doyle's goal went in I thought we were going to do the usual and give me the highs and lows of being a Hibby but leaving it on the low. I knew for certain that if we got that equaliser we would win. I've never been so sure about a Hibs victory before. We just needed to get the ball in the net. It had to be Doyle too. A guy I've been a critic of but all was forgiven at that point.

BroxburnHibee
19-05-2013, 08:26 AM
I really can't make up my mind between Spoony's winner versus them or Doyle's equaliser in the semi. Both were celebrated like I was a man possessed.

The derby one was great as it was brilliant to have the East bouncing like the good old days and, well, it was against them. One of the worst games of football to grace our stadium but we lose a lot of rubbish games and I thought that's how it was going to be until Zaliukas kindly nudged Spoony's shot into the net.

Until Doyle's goal went in I thought we were going to do the usual and give me the highs and lows of being a Hibby but leaving it on the low. I knew for certain that if we got that equaliser we would win. I've never been so sure about a Hibs victory before. We just needed to get the ball in the net. It had to be Doyle too. A guy I've been a critic of but all was forgiven at that point.

Doyle's equaliser for me as well - that celebration will live long in mine and my son's memory too.

Like you I had the strangest feeling that we would go on and win as well.

rcarter1
19-05-2013, 08:43 AM
Based on goals I saw 'live' in person

Doyles equaliser vs Falkirk, and Leigh's winner.

Both goals in recent derby (TV admittedly).

Sparky's equaliser in the 1-1 draw vs Hearts. Was there on my own cause no one else wanted to go. That whole match served as a catharsis for the Final. Section 43 were magnificent that day - drowning out any attempt by Hearts to lord it over us, and the equaliser was just so so sweet.

Other positives - at last we are seeing a group of youngsters emerge in numbers. I think when they come through as a group it really helps. Would Wotherspoon have benefited coming through now, rather than under Calderwood?

:pfgwa:flag::pfgwa