PDA

View Full Version : Does Anybody Really Believe We Can Win The Scottish Cup?

hibs72
18-05-2013, 06:10 PM
I would like people's honest opinion, do you think we can beat Celtic next week?

The last time we beat them in a final was the league cup final in 1972.

I have been to every final hibs have been in since 1972 except last years final.

To be honest I think hibs would be happy if they don't get stuffed again like last year.

I hope I am proved wrong but hibs history in scottish cup finals plus the curse of no
wins since 1902 plays heavy on everyone's mind.

So do you think we can really win?:confused:

Green Fish
18-05-2013, 06:12 PM
I believe. 100%… :flag:

Mikey
18-05-2013, 06:13 PM
Of course we can win it. It'll take a good performance from the players and a strong mental attitude.

You could do with one of them yourself.

Godsahibby
18-05-2013, 06:14 PM
Might be something we have on our side this year, after last years finalmand performances in the league this year most people expect or may even have accepted the worst! There is no pressure on this side, and for me that's what's going to win it for us.

GGTTH

DaveF
Yes

Andy74
We can but I'll settle for everyone at least giving it 'a right good go' and see what happens.

Ozyhibby
Trying not to think about it.

Pat 0-7
18-05-2013, 06:15 PM
YES!!

:flag:

(but we might need a wee bit of luck on our side........:wink:)

Green Cabbage 7
18-05-2013, 06:16 PM
I would like people's honest opinion, do you think we can beat Celtic next week?

I have been to every final hibs have been in since 1972 except last years final.

To be honest I think hibs would be happy if they don't get stuffed again like last year.

I hope I am proved wrong but hibs history in scottish cup finals plus the curse of no

Yes from me, the players have to believe there every bit as good and it will fall into place,if we go in with belief, we will compete and win, oh and we're in it to win it.

Pretty Boy
Yes absolutely.

I genuinely believe we have a better chance than last year.

We can't afford to miss chances like we did today though.

essexhibee
Hmm. If Celtic play their best we are gonna find it extremely difficult. Gonna take one of those days and a massive chunk of luck....

If we are too lose I bloody hope we at least stay in the game and make a match of it.

ancient hibee
18-05-2013, 06:17 PM
Did anyone believe Wigan could beat Manchester City?

HH81
18-05-2013, 06:19 PM
Yes absolutely.

I genuinely believe we have a better chance than last year.

We can't afford to miss chances like we did today though.

We can miss as many chances as we want if its the same score as today :wink::greengrin

Waxy
Of course we can.
only because it's been a very unlucky tournament for us do we think it's too hard to win.
It's like we put it up there with something that's almost impossible to achieve.
It's not.It's one match.
A bit luck wouldn't go amiss for once.
I think it's due.

Col2
On our day and if we play as well as we can then yes absolutely. Game are won and lost trough key moments. We need to ensure we don't concede early on, we need to make sure we get into the game as soon as possible and we probably need a bit of luck along the way.

For me we have a 30% chance.

Captain Trips
Yes

Hibby70
18-05-2013, 06:20 PM
Christ knows, enjoy the day out, we're underdogs. If we lose so what, if we win ........ God I can't imagine how I'm going to feel.

Greendub
18-05-2013, 06:20 PM
I always think we can win, it all depends on what happens on the day.

Mikey
18-05-2013, 06:21 PM
Of course we can.
only because it's been a very unlucky tournament for us do we think it's too hard to win.
It's like we put it up there with something that's almost impossible to achieve.
It's not.It's one match.
A bit luck wouldn't go amiss for once.
I think it's due.

To be perfectly honest, I'd settle for avoiding bad luck and take it from there.

JE89
18-05-2013, 06:23 PM
If it gets to 70 odd minutes and we are still drawing then why not?

Look at Wigan and Athletic Madrid. I will be happy if we have a go. Stranger things have happened.

Big Sexy Dave
18-05-2013, 06:24 PM
Yes, Ceptic suffer from cronic Hampdenitis.

Part/Time Supporter
18-05-2013, 06:24 PM
If we learned one thing from last year's experience, it is surely that it matters far more whether the players think they can win.

There were massive protestations of confidence on here, which I think "succeeded" in psyching out some Jambos. Fat lot of good it did, because the Hearts players were always confident of victory. IIRC there was a revealing quote by Webster after the game to the effect that they were almost sure they would win the final, as they had beaten Hibs by two goals in all three previous meetings that season.

SingaporeHibs
18-05-2013, 06:26 PM
We can win....as my dad used to tell me as a kid its 11 men vs 11 men, We apply ourselves correctly as a team its going to be close but for sure we can win. :flag:

hibee_girl
18-05-2013, 06:26 PM
There's no point turning up if we don't believe we can do it!

Hermit Crab
18-05-2013, 06:27 PM
No

Hermit Crab
18-05-2013, 06:27 PM
Yes, Ceptic suffer from cronic Hampdenitis.

And we don't?

LeighLoyal
18-05-2013, 06:28 PM
We've got a better chance than last year, at least it's 11 vs 11. We're a 5/1 shot which I think is accurate, but it's still a good chance. Nothing to lose, so go and play with no fear.

Jack Hackett
It's 11 v 11 for 90 mins. Did anyone seriously believe Livingston would beat us in '04? Doesn't matter how good (or bad) you are over a season, it all comes down to one game.

Benny Brazil
Strange thread title - of course I believe we can win - its what being a Hibs fan is all about.

Waxy
18-05-2013, 06:29 PM
To be perfectly honest, I'd settle for avoiding bad luck and take it from there.Thats all it might take.We have the team.

Jack Hackett
We've got a better chance than last year, at least it's 11 vs 11. We're a 5/1 shot which I think is accurate, but it's still a good chance. Nothing to lose, so go and play with no fear.

Great minds, eh? :greengrin

Hibs Class

Possibly the most moronic sentence I've ever read on here.

Northernhibee
18-05-2013, 06:30 PM
If it wasn't for the four dropped points against Dundee United and Hearts we'd be sitting third in the table right now.

First vs. third in the table sounds like much less of a long shot to me.

hibs72
18-05-2013, 06:31 PM
Of course we can win it. It'll take a good performance from the players and a strong mental attitude.

You could do with one of them yourself.

It's not me that needs the strong mental attitude it's the players. As you know over the years when we play the old firm we think we might get a lucky win. i remember as a 16 year old talking to Eddie Turnbull outside the team hotel after we lost 6-1 to Celtic in the scottish cup final in 1972 and he said "my heart bleeds for you guys paying all that money to watch that rubbish but I promise you this we will be there next season and we will beat them" and we did in the league cup final in the October I think it was. I often wondered if he remembered saying that to me and my mates.

Anyway we need to be positive, we have beaten Celtic already this season so we can do it again.

hibeedonald
18-05-2013, 06:35 PM
Trying not to get my hopes up, it's unlikely but definitely possible. If I was a neutral I would say 3/2-0 to Celtic.

Hibs07p
18-05-2013, 06:37 PM
It's a yes from me. Totally relaxed this year, underdogs, not expected to win, put on a performance on the day, anything is possible.
GGTTH

hibs0666
18-05-2013, 06:38 PM
We have a punchers chance no more no less.

Albanian Hibs
Yes

Sir David Gray
Of course I think we can win next week.

We have, in my opinion, the best striker in the country at our disposal and one of the best young talents in midfield as well who Celtic will not know a great deal about.

If they play their best football then we'll be up against it as one look at the league table tells you that, on paper, Celtic have the better team but football's not played on paper.

I'm sure not many people gave Wigan much hope last week of beating Manchester City or thought Atletico Madrid would beat Real Madrid last night.

So many things can happen on the day.

There's only two teams who can win this year's Scottish Cup and we're one of them.

That'll do for me.

GGTTH.

Mikey

Anyway we need to be positive.........

:Ummm:

Northernhibee
18-05-2013, 06:39 PM
It's not me that needs the strong mental attitude it's the players. As you know over the years when we play the old firm we think we might get a lucky win. i remember as a 16 year old talking to Eddie Turnbull outside the team hotel after we lost 6-1 to Celtic in the scottish cup final in 1972 and he said "my heart bleeds for you guys paying all that money to watch that rubbish but I promise you this we will be there next season and we will beat them" and we did in the league cup final in the October I think it was. I often wondered if he remembered saying that to me and my mates.

Anyway we need to be positive, we have beaten Celtic already this season so we can do it again.

We're eight days away from making history and you're talking the club down.

Get a grip. If there's a time for everyone to come together and show unconditional belief in the team it's now. If you can't do that then don't bother.

clerriehibs
18-05-2013, 06:41 PM
I don't believe we can lose.

Col2
18-05-2013, 06:43 PM
Last year was about omens and handing pressure. We we t into it with a very average team bolted together and went in with hope rather than confidence. The rest is history.

This year we have more confidence and less pressure. As someone else said, its not about omens and dreams its about beating them on a football pitch through playing to our top ability.

Deep deep down what don't think? I will
always think we are up agains it and fear we lose
an early goal. But I am relaxed going into it given last year was all about pressure and I am relaxed being underdog.

I think something special might happen and I just hope we are ready to grasp the opportunity.

Islington Hibs
18-05-2013, 06:44 PM
Of course we can. Celtic are favourites for sure but we are hitting form, have much more self belief, have already beaten them this season and have an exceptional talent in Mr Griffiths. You know what I think we will do it!

lucky
18-05-2013, 06:45 PM
Yes we are going to win

Chibs

First of all the last time we beat them in a final was 1973.
Please attempt to get your facts right

Pretty Boy
We have a punchers chance no more no less.

Buster Douglas won a world title at 66/1 with a punchers chance.

leither17
18-05-2013, 06:46 PM
Had 20 on Wigan to win in 90 and 20 on them lifting the cup returned 250 I whacked that straight on us to win at 3/1 was confident then and still confident today

Thecat23
18-05-2013, 06:47 PM
Hibs can and will win it. Everything we have suffered so far has led to this year. Hearts going down and us winning the cup. Sick of the defeatist attitude when it comes to this trophy. How about instead of being scared of it and talking about it lets ****ing bring it on. Celtic aren't anything like they were and Leigh is more than capable of scoring and getting in behind the defense.

Oh one more thing... Hibs themselves are full of confidence and have a real belief. Not like last season when more than one didn't care.

Makaveli
18-05-2013, 06:51 PM
Belief implies doubt.

I know.

Northernhibee
18-05-2013, 06:53 PM
Since the semi final we've not lost a game, in fact we've gotten better and better and better. Every player knows what it means to the fans, the club and themselves and have given us the dream scenario when any number of players could go out onto that pitch, play their hearts out and do the club proud.

Total belief.

Franck Stanton
18-05-2013, 06:54 PM
To be honest I live in hope rather than expectation.

cad
18-05-2013, 06:58 PM
Hearts picture s & 5-1 , nailed to our dressing room door should be enough to see the boys well up for it
Its not going to be easy why should it be ,time to stand up and be counted .
On a personal note ,Lewis if someone clatters you in the first 5 mins like Mr Black did the last time don't shake his ****in hand bite the ****er off

Humo
18-05-2013, 07:01 PM
As long as we are still in the competition we have a chance

hibs72
18-05-2013, 07:01 PM
First of all the last time we beat them in a final was 1973.
Please attempt to get your facts right

I know we beat Celtic twice in the drybrough cup but does that really count?

I'm talking about major trophy's.

Yes it was great to get one over Celtic at the time but did it really make a difference compared to winning the league cup in 1972?

SlickShoes
18-05-2013, 07:03 PM
I believe 100% that if all our players turn up and play to the best of their ability we will win the cup. I will be there giving the team as much support as I can, it's up to the players on the park.

If more than 1 or 2 have an off day then we need celtic to play even worse.

nonshinyfinish
18-05-2013, 07:06 PM
Of course we can.

Capt Mainwaring
18-05-2013, 07:07 PM
Of course I believe. We have a punchers chance and it will be a great day whatever

Great bit of confidence and momentum just at the right time.

C'mon Hibs - do us proud :flag::flag::flag:

clerriehibs
18-05-2013, 07:13 PM

Yes it was great to get one over Celtic at the time but did it really make a difference compared to winning the league cup in 1972?

We might not have beaten celtc in a 'major' final since nineteen-seventy-oatcake, but we've only played them once!

Thank god it's not clyde we're playing ... we haven't managed to beat them in a final!

hibs72
18-05-2013, 07:24 PM
Possibly the most moronic sentence I've ever read on here.

why is it moronic? I would think after last years performance most people will be a bit a bit worried about going overboard about predicting a hibs victory.

Tell me why I should think we are certs to win?

JimBHibees
18-05-2013, 07:29 PM

Nonsense. We may get beat however no one will be happy if we do. Bottom line is we need a performance after last year and I think we will get it. Celtc arent unbeatable that is for sure their recent Hampden record shows that clearly. We have a chance and there is now only 2 teams that can win the cup and we are one of them.

clerriehibs
18-05-2013, 07:29 PM
why is it moronic? I would think after last years performance most people will be a bit a bit worried about going overboard about predicting a hibs victory.

H didn't say we were certs to win; he said it's moronic to suggest the current Hibs team will be happy just to avoid a doing in a cup final - which is what you said.

The Voice Of Reason
18-05-2013, 07:30 PM
My heart says "yes"

My head says "no"

I hope and pray that my heart is right (and that it is not broken on Sunday!) Cue a song......

:flag::hibees

easty
18-05-2013, 07:32 PM
If the 11 guys on the pitch for us play to the best of their ability then they'll walk off at the end as Scottish cup winners and Hibs legends.:not worth

Hibs Class

I don't think we are certs to win so won't try to convince you that we are. However, I have not met a single Hibs fan who would be happy if all we achieve is to avoid a humping. To imply that avoiding a humping is the extent of our ambition and that we have no hope of actually winning is, IMO, moronic.

green day
Course I believe we can win - thats not arrogance or stupidity, nor is it saying we WILL win as I believe that Celtic can win as well.

There are only 2 clubs that can win at this stage, and we are one of them - thats no bad odds in my mind.

Given our history I would rather believe that we CAN win than think that we will win.

I will be gutted if we lose, but if we give it our all and - to use the cliche - leave it all out on the park, then I will be satisfied.

p.s. did anyone think Wigan would win? Were Athletico favourites??

Mon the cabbage !

basehibby
18-05-2013, 07:33 PM
Daftest thread of the year surely - of course we can win it FFS :bitchy:

Hermit Crab
18-05-2013, 07:34 PM
Yes we are going to win

Really??

Baader
18-05-2013, 07:38 PM
Of course we can win it!

Anything can happen in football.

JimBHibees
18-05-2013, 07:38 PM
It's 11 v 11 for 90 mins. Did anyone seriously believe Livingston would beat us in '04? Doesn't matter how good (or bad) you are over a season, it all comes down to one game.

No doubt they were a better team than us that season and had beaten us in the league.

hibs0666
18-05-2013, 07:41 PM
Buster Douglas wepon a world title at 66/1 with a punchers chance.

Exactly and we are only a 5/1 shot.

greenlex
18-05-2013, 07:41 PM
Can we win it? HELL YEH!!!!!
Will we win it? whole different question with the more likely outcome.

kaimendhibs
18-05-2013, 07:42 PM
Aye, I really believe we can win it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DH1875
18-05-2013, 07:45 PM
If you'd asked me three weeks ago I'd have said no chance. I'm starting to come around to the idea now and believe we can do it :thumbsup:.

hibee92
18-05-2013, 07:47 PM
I'd take a draw.

Hovehibby
18-05-2013, 07:51 PM
If Wigan can win the FA cup.......,,......

Seriously though, if we play out of our skins, then aye, we can win it.

trev the hat
18-05-2013, 07:53 PM
We can but I'll settle for everyone at least giving it 'a right good go' and see what happens.

That u Yogi ? :-)
I think it's very winnable

HibsMax
18-05-2013, 07:55 PM
I read the first line of the OP and my answer is categorically YES. Of course we can win the cup. Did Wigan not just win the FA Cup. Did the Bruins not come back from 4-1 down with 11 minutes to go against the Maple Leafs to progress to the next round of the Stanley Cup? Anything can happen in a one-off game. If I didn't think they could win I definitely would not be coming back for the game.

Hibs7
18-05-2013, 07:59 PM
You got to be in it to win it ... We are there, 2 teams 90 minutes anything can happen ... A little bit of luck and who knows ;-)

There are a whole lot of other teams who would love to be in our position, so just enjoy the day and hope for the right result ...

monktonharp
18-05-2013, 08:02 PM

So do you think we can really win?:confused: I honestly do think we can do it . plus ,I've always wanted Celtic, in the final(as I wanted last year). to be the team we finally win it against. they beat us so many times with ridiculous scores when our teams, just froze. mainly the Turnbull era,full of great players.

Scouse Hibee
18-05-2013, 08:04 PM
Yes I believe we can win the cup of course we can, why not? Yes it will be considered an upset if we do beat Celtic but upsets happen as Wigan have showed recently. The Hibs player need to go out with no fear and have belief that they can get about Celtic and not let them boss the game.

On the terraces at Wembley in 1988 I witnessed Vinnie Jones do Steve MacMahon early in the game and then boss the midfield, the message that sent through his team was plain for all to see, suddenly a game we only had to turn up to in order to lift the cup was a battle we didn't fancy. We need to win the battles all over the park and show that we too can play.

monktonharp
18-05-2013, 08:08 PM
If you'd asked me three weeks ago I'd have said no chance. I'm starting to come around to the idea now and believe we can do it :thumbsup:. I always come round to that way of thinking too, close to the date:wink: seriously do think we are starting to gell, and teamwork is clicking in. Celtic are missing a couple of regulars,noticed Mulgrew carrying a knock,just a few niggling things happening to them so you never know.we might,one of these days get a bit of luck and if we can get half as much as the gorgie mob have got in this cup,who knows. our day will surely come

Denverhibby
18-05-2013, 08:14 PM

We have played the 3 times this year won 1
Lost 1
Drawn 1
It's 90mins of 11 v 11. Anything can happen I hope this is our year.

Chibs
18-05-2013, 08:23 PM

It did to me.
Going by your age were you there?
Or are you just a miserable yam hoping that we lose.:na na:

wookie70
18-05-2013, 08:26 PM
We might not be favourites but we have got a decent chance and at least we have a bit of form going into the game. Last year may also help us in a strange way

PatHead
18-05-2013, 08:27 PM
If Celtic play to the best of there ability and take there chances they will win it. However, without doubt we can win it. As today showed we are capable of creating chances. We have a striker who is capable of scoring from anywhere on the park. The best penalty saving goalie in the league. Possibly the most promising winger we have had in years. A team that has started scoring late goals and doesn't give up. A bounce of the ball, a bad referee decision or a moment of sheer brilliance by one of ours (Deegan v Aberdeen, Spoony v Hearts, etc) or a howler of a mistake by their defence and the chance to become legends becomes reality. I collected my ticket today and am really excited. Can't wait to see us carry the Cup down Easter Road.

col02
18-05-2013, 08:30 PM
Head to heads this season we are well balanced with one win each and a draw. Nowhere near the massive underdogs some people would have us especially after beating 3 SPL teams and the comeback against Falkirk in this seasons cup run. In short I have faith that the coaching staff, players and support will not be found wanting next week!

Green Cabbage 7
18-05-2013, 08:31 PM

Yes of course it counted for a start Celtic never liked to lose, a wee look at the attendances for those games should let you know what the fans thought at that time period.

Mr White
18-05-2013, 08:33 PM
Yes I believe we can win the cup of course we can, why not?
On the terraces at Wembley in 1988 I witnessed Vinnie Jones do Steve MacMahon early in the game and then boss the midfield, the message that sent through his team was plain for all to see,

my mate who supports sunderland says the key to their 1973 FA cup win was one of them going through billy bremner in the opening minutes, totally taking him out of the game thereafter and correctly banking on the ref (in those days) being reluctant to show a red so early. not saying we should be dirty about it but getting stuck in to celtic right from the first whistle will help us do what (in answer to the op) i think we will do next sunday- win that ****ing cup.

ballengeich
18-05-2013, 08:33 PM
We can win. I'm not saying we're certainties as Celtic are justifiably favourites, but we've beaten them this season and we've a decent chance of doing it again. I feel more optimistic than I did before last season's debacle.

Green Cabbage 7
18-05-2013, 08:35 PM
Really??

A 50 - 50 chance lets not forget Celtic are dodgy at the back play on the front foot and we will be in it

greenpaper55
18-05-2013, 08:39 PM
I think we are playing the best football in many months, a Celtic supporting mate thinks we have a one in five chance of winning with the midfield they have etc etc. Well overconfidence has beaten them more than once this season so bring it on.

marinello59
18-05-2013, 08:40 PM
I am totally convinced we are going to win it. Get ready to party.

Hiber-nation
18-05-2013, 08:41 PM

Just noticed this - what a strange thing to say......

We beat them in December and we are a better team now and they hate Hampden so of course we can beat them, bloody hell!

bubblesmorrison
18-05-2013, 08:43 PM

if you go to football expecting your team to get beat there really is no point in you going

hibs72
18-05-2013, 08:44 PM
It did to me.
Going by your age were you there?
Or are you just a miserable yam hoping that we lose.:na na:

If you go by my age you will know I have supported the hibees for nearly 50 years. I am no jambo and can still remember being in a pub full of them celebrating after last years final and do not wish to get the same feeling this year. i want hibs to win as much as anyone else but there is a big pressure on the players 1902 and all that.

Hiber-nation
18-05-2013, 08:57 PM
If you go by my age you will know I have supported the hibees for nearly 50 years. I am no jambo and can still remember being in a pub full of them celebrating after last years final and do not wish to get the same feeling this year. i want hibs to win as much as anyone else but there is a big pressure on the players 1902 and all that.

Aye very good....

Steve20
18-05-2013, 09:00 PM
We will win next week 2-1. In normal time.

PatHead
18-05-2013, 09:00 PM

Always wanted to say it.........................LTYF

Pete
18-05-2013, 09:03 PM
I just hope we perform. If we lose we lose and I'll not be too bothered if Celtic dish out a hammering. They are more than capable of destroying anyone on their day and if the team that played in the champions league turns up we are in for a hard time.

I'm only going for the party and winning would be a fantastic bonus. We've had some run and shown some bottle to get back so I'll be staying to the end regardless and applauding them off the park.

Eyrie
18-05-2013, 09:03 PM
Of course I believe we can win it. I wouldn't put my mortgage on that happening, but we're on a good run of form right now and have split with Septic this season so I genuinely believe we have a decent chance rather than being rank outsiders.

YehButNoBut
18-05-2013, 09:07 PM
Nobody gave St Mirren a chance in the League Cup semi this year or Ross County 3 years ago in the SC semi, so of course we can do it.

Would be good if we score first or at least are still in it at half time. Sometimes things are just meant to be this year it's meant to be Hibs.

:hibees:pfgwa:flag:

Northernhibee
18-05-2013, 09:07 PM

If you're a Hibee, why are you talking about Hibs in the third person?@gdown:

AFKA5814_Hibs
18-05-2013, 09:10 PM
Aye we can win it. We can't carry any passengers and might need to a bit of luck on the day; but i'm far more relaxed and hopeful of a win than i ever was last year.

matty_f
18-05-2013, 09:12 PM
We can win it, need a good performance and a good bit of luck, but it's far from impossible.

NOLA
18-05-2013, 09:13 PM
I read the first line of the OP and my answer is categorically YES. Of course we can win the cup. Did Wigan not just win the FA Cup. Did the Bruins not come back from 4-1 down with 11 minutes to go against the Maple Leafs to progress to the next round of the Stanley Cup? Anything can happen in a one-off game. If I didn't think they could win I definitely would not be coming back for the game.
lets hope you dont dye your hair this time :greengrin

clerriehibs
18-05-2013, 09:17 PM
my mate who supports sunderland says the key to their 1973 FA cup win was one of them going through billy bremner in the opening minutes, totally taking him out of the game thereafter and correctly banking on the ref (in those days) being reluctant to show a red so early. not saying we should be dirty about it but getting stuck in to celtic right from the first whistle will help us do what (in answer to the op) i think we will do next sunday- win that ****ing cup.

"so early"? Confident no red would be shown at all, probably - there wasn't one in the final until 1985!

Benny Brazil
18-05-2013, 09:17 PM

How many times do you need to mention that year - in all my time on Hibs.net I dont think I have ever referred to that, couple that with referring to Hibs in the 3rd person and saying Hibs would be happy to not get stuffed again - if you aint a yam you certainly smell like one.....

Mr White
18-05-2013, 09:18 PM
Nobody gave St Mirren a chance in the League Cup semi this year or Ross County 3 years ago in the SC semi, so of course we can do it.

Would be good if we score first or at least are still in it at half time. Sometimes things are just meant to be this year it's meant to be Hibs.

:hibees:pfgwa:flag:
also killie and hearts last season.

Soldiersteve
18-05-2013, 09:19 PM
FFS guys calm down; we ARE going to win next week. We have won one game each in the league and drew the other 2. Why would we fear them? 3 - 1 Hibs. Sparky, Caldwell & Harris to score.

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-05-2013, 09:19 PM
3-1 Hibs. The first half will be fairly even and we will go in one up. We will pinch another one when Celtc push forward and after Hooper has scored their penalty, we will get another late on while they are all in our half.

NOLA
18-05-2013, 09:20 PM
[QUOTE=hibs72;3608780]If you go by my age you will know I have supported the hibees for nearly 50 years. I am no jambo and can still remember being in a pub full of them celebrating after last years final and do not wish to get the same feeling this year. i want hibs to win as much as anyone else but there is a big pressure on the players 1902 and all that.
no pressure on the players at all, its our big cousins we are playing in the final not that child bothering puddledrinking shower of shiete from gorgay

Soldiersteve
18-05-2013, 09:25 PM
"so early"? Confident no red would be shown at all, probably - there wasn't one in the final until 1985! That's what Black did to Grifiths last year. No card for what could have been described as GBH!

Eyrie
18-05-2013, 09:25 PM
no pressure on the players at all, its our big cousins we are playing in the final not that child bothering puddledrinking shower of shiete from gorgay

Who?

Septic are no relations of ours - they're thieving terrorist-glorifying soapdodging patronising paranoid bigots with an unjustified persecution complex.

TAHibby
18-05-2013, 09:42 PM
You have to believe we can win, there is obviously just no point otherwise. We should definitely be going out to dominate the midfield, I'm quite confident claros/taiwo/thomson can do this especially with wanyama out. If every hibs player on the day is fully focused and gives their all for how ever long it takes, who knows what will happen. I can't help but think negative thoughts but they shall all be left behind at the gates, and I'll give the team my full support.

MassHibsteria
18-05-2013, 09:43 PM
Who?

Septic are no relations of ours - they're thieving terrorist-glorifying soapdodging patronising paranoid bigots with an unjustified persecution complex.

They've got their bad points as well.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-05-2013, 09:46 PM
If you dont believe, maybe this can change ur mind http://www.youtube.com/v/YW9i7eU1KSM

calumhibee1
18-05-2013, 09:48 PM
With Griffiths up top we're without a doubt capable of winning it. If he turns up then we have a great chance. We're definitely not favourites, but there's no way anyone should count us out with the best player in the country leading the line.

Jonnyboy
18-05-2013, 09:51 PM
[QUOTE=hibs72;3608780]If you go by my age you will know I have supported the hibees for nearly 50 years. I am no jambo and can still remember being in a pub full of them celebrating after last years final and do not wish to get the same feeling this year. i want hibs to win as much as anyone else but there is a big pressure on the players 1902 and all that.

Perish the thought

Lang Toun Hibs
18-05-2013, 10:26 PM

Simply yes! 1902 should be a motivating factor not a pressure. Playing Celtic helps too, imagine the pressure if we were playing a lesser team like Bo'ness utd.....or hearts!

Come on everyone, we can do this - let's do our bit! BELIEVE!!!!

jgl07
18-05-2013, 10:41 PM
Celtic are not so much Hibs's 'big cousins' as a sort of 'poor relations' who we are embarrassed to have any connection with and hope that they will go away.

Hibs certainly can win. Celtic have been very dubious at Hampden recently. Their team is no great shakes an Hibs have more than held their own. One win, one draw and one defeat with two of the three matches at Parkhead.

Wigan had not beaten Manchester City since 2005. They had not even scored a goal against City or avoided a defeat since 2008. They had lost something like six matches in a row even without scoring a goal. Yet they won the final.

Of course Hibs can win next Sunday.

This is the first time in years that Hibs have gone into a Scottish Cup Final with no real problems. When Hibs faced Celtic in 2001, they had loads of problems including Russel Latapy going on the piss with Dwight York and Franck Sauzee being nowhere near fit. Added to that Celtic had a world class striker in Henrik Larsson.They haven't got anyone remotely in his class this time. Last year Hibs were struggling from the off having spent most of the campaign struggling against relegation.

Celtic will have their minds on the Champions' League Second Qualifying Round to be held in mid-July. This will be six or seven weeks after the Cup Final!

Celtic start favourites but the match is there for Hibs to win.

Mac
18-05-2013, 10:46 PM
No

Chibs
18-05-2013, 10:53 PM
Name the pub.

AinsterHibs
18-05-2013, 11:02 PM
Belief, luck and confidence - one shall hope, we have these elements on the day. And it is ours.

Gerard
18-05-2013, 11:11 PM
The question you have asked has been one that even the 'Famous Five' could not give the answer we all want to hear. The magic of 'The Cup' has no respect for league position and the number of times that your club has previously won it.
I want to see the Hibs team play to their full potential and regardless of the outcome be able to say we gave it our best shot.
Winning 'The Cup' for our team can not be described in words. Our club has been to a lot of Scottish Cup finals and failed to win these finals. That is why it means so much to our fans.
If we should be fortunate to win this year I hope that Lawrie Reilly is present when the team get their winning medals and lift the Scottish Cup and when the Scottish Cup returns again to Edinburgh and to Easter Road.
They say that their is a 'hodoo' on our team winning the Scottish Cup because we offended some 'travelling people' This may be true or not. If it is, I hope that we can be gracious to show remorse for this slight and that any such 'hodoo' be lifted.
I have faith in Hibs to win the Scottish Cup this year. Let's hope that our players also share that hope.
:wink:

wee Stevie
18-05-2013, 11:16 PM
Yes we can do it, this season we have been ok against Celtic the team will be up for it and they know that they need to make up for last time. Come on the first team to ware green. GGTTH

BH Hibs
18-05-2013, 11:28 PM
Yes. If you don't then what's the point?

deeks01
18-05-2013, 11:40 PM
Believe? In my moments of pure clarity where I'm not imagining the feeling of a last minute winner , no. But then when I left Hampden last year did I see thousands of proud Hibees descending on Hampden with their hearts on their sleeves to do it all again with a dream of a different outcome , dreaming we might actually do it this time? I honestly didn't.

We do not do what is expected. We are Hibernian FC. Of one thing I have no doubt - our support will outshine those from the dark side who think this is a formality. Twice the passion & twice the pride. Bring it on.

PS - Fortunately I am at present imagining different scenarios of last minute goals or suchlike 24/7. So yes I do believe ;).

harvthehibee
19-05-2013, 02:13 AM
Yes.
Reasons?
Firstly.Played 3 won 1 drawn 1 lost one against that mob. We can score and we can come back from losing goals against them.
Secondly look at the cup final team as a representation of our team last year compared to what we have now?!

GK: Mark Brown...less said about him the better V Williams who has put in some quality performances this season not least against Celic.
LB: Kukabi. I'm not even gonna talk about that idiot V McGivern consistent enough comitted LB
CB Hanlon. Looks to have come back in to form right before the final.
CB Mcpake. Undoubtedly dipped in form and may be unfit V Potentially Forster an exciting young talent who has coped well under the pressure of a derby.
RB Matt Doherty. I'd rather play with ten men than have that idiot with his care free attitude V Clancy or Mayburry. Clancy has looked steady all season and Mayburry has been playing well recently

LM Stevenson V Harris - enough said if he plays the way he has been playing with the pace and directness he will be a handful for them without a doubt
CM Claros will probably play again looks 200 times the better player and has put in more than 1 MOM performance this season.
CM Soares another loanee who just didnt have the attitude V KT no comparison needed cultured player miles above most of the spl.
RM Osbourne. SLOW and I have nae idea how we got money for him and he now plays for blackpool V Spoony Just came in to form can be a handful when he plays well for anyone.

ST O'connor will be a miss would have undoubtedly been a threat V Doyle or Caldwell Pat could obviously play the 1 up front but I think both these lads have scored recently and will be confident. Doyle and Griffith's link up play has been at times very good.
ST Sparky no contest from last year will shoot from anywhere and cause them problems. 28 goals compared to 8 speaks for itself.

Celtic missing wanyama and i understand brown, matthews and mulgrew are fitness doubts. Forget the obvious attacking threat but the celic problem this season has been a lack of bothering and an attitude of we will just turn up and win and coupled with a bad defense. If we are more up for the fight and if sparky is firing on all cylinders of course we can win.

plhibs
19-05-2013, 03:55 AM

Hey you less of that hockey stuff:wink::take that

Hibercelona
19-05-2013, 04:04 AM
I'd much rather we got "stuffed" having a go than losing 1 or 2-0, because we were afraid we'd get embarrassed.

Can Hibs win it?

Well why not?

We beat Celtic during the season did we not? Why should the final be considered any different. It's just another game of football.

Hibercelona
19-05-2013, 04:06 AM
We've already done all the hard work by recovering from last year and getting to the final.

The final is just 1 more game. Let's take it to them and let nothing stand in our way.

Pete
19-05-2013, 04:14 AM
http://kerrydalestreet.co.uk/topic/8813637/1/

**** off you arrogant, Glasgow-centric ****ers.

I hope we stuff them good and proper!

...from the "Rangers" end.

MoscowHibs
19-05-2013, 04:54 AM
look at it this way, would anyone realistically have thought we would have a record of W1 D1 L1 in our 3 games v the soap dodgers this season. At the end of the day it's 11 v 11, if we turn up of course we can win. I ain't going to Hampden with a defeatist attitude, I'm going with a were gonna pump them attitude.:flag::pfgwa:hibees

MWHIBBIES
19-05-2013, 06:00 AM
There is a chance and that chance will ALWAYS be worth the risk.

If we lose it will be horrible, no doubt but we will get over it, if we win it will never be forgotten.

Celtic aren't even that great, personally think poorer Hibs teams than this one have beaten better Celtic teams so of course we can do it.

:pfgwa:pfgwa

Mr White
19-05-2013, 06:39 AM
http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/pat-fenlon-hopes-hibs-story-can-repeat-itself-1-2936508
good interview with pat in the Scotsman where he talks about our chances and what it means, something he didn't fully understand last year. Quite funny where he says he could grow a moustache but he's ****** for height.

clerriehibs
19-05-2013, 07:00 AM
The question you have asked has been one that even the 'Famous Five' could not give the answer we all want to hear. The magic of 'The Cup' has no respect for league position and the number of times that your club has previously won it.
I want to see the Hibs team play to their full potential and regardless of the outcome be able to say we gave it our best shot.
Winning 'The Cup' for our team can not be described in words. Our club has been to a lot of Scottish Cup finals and failed to win these finals. That is why it means so much to our fans.
If we should be fortunate to win this year I hope that Lawrie Reilly is present when the team get their winning medals and lift the Scottish Cup and when the Scottish Cup returns again to Edinburgh and to Easter Road.
They say that their is a 'hodoo' on our team winning the Scottish Cup because we offended some 'travelling people' This may be true or not. If it is, I hope that we can be gracious to show remorse for this slight and that any such 'hodoo' be lifted.
I have faith in Hibs to win the Scottish Cup this year. Let's hope that our players also share that hope.
:wink:

There's no truth in 'hoodoo' nonsense. If we lose, it's because we weren't good enough on the day.
If we win, it's because we're f'ing brilliant!
ggtth

Nelly070
19-05-2013, 07:25 AM
http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/pat-fenlon-hopes-hibs-story-can-repeat-itself-1-2936508
good interview with pat in the Scotsman where he talks about our chances and what it means, something he didn't fully understand last year. Quite funny where he says he could grow a moustache but he's ****** for height.

Great interview :agree:

davym7062
19-05-2013, 07:36 AM
of course we can win, scoring 1st would help tho:flag:

Broken Gnome
19-05-2013, 07:49 AM
Great interview :agree:

Really don't understand those that were involved last year that say they didn't realise what it meant.

It was the most hyped game of football we've ever been involved in. How could they not know??

Keith_M
19-05-2013, 07:56 AM
I think we all go to cup finals more in hope than expectation. However, shocks do sometimes happen.

Who won the league cup last year? Celtic were in the final and didn't win. If it happened then, why not on Sunday?

Onion
19-05-2013, 07:58 AM
Yes, we can win otherwise you wouldn't get 22000 Hibs fans going to Hampden. We'd all love to see it, but it would be close to miraculous. Celtic are the last team you would choose to play in the SCF, as they always turn up with their A game. The only time they tend to slip up is when they are caught by surprise or complacent. Sadly they always seem to treat Hibs as a big game. So it doesn't look too good.

However we live in hope. To win it we'd need the slice of luck that we've never had in thus friggin cup. We'd need the ref to be at least impartial. We'll need Hibs player to truly believe they can win it, right up to the final whistle. And we'll need Celtic to have an off day where everything they try comes up short. If all that comes together, we can win it. If one of those is missing we'll lose.

Maybe, just maybe this is our time.

Big Sexy Dave
19-05-2013, 09:59 AM
And we don't?

The Ceptic players would rather the final is at Easter Road than Hampden, lost to Ross County, Kilmarnock, the **** and St Midden in recent years and if it wasn't for a ***** ref or a goal post Dundee United would have hammered them, last year I thought we'd bottle the final. We did. This year I've a feeling it's destined to be, even at 3-0 down to Falkirk at half-time I was still confident.

Jones28
19-05-2013, 10:10 AM
Yes. Wigan did it to City, we can do it to Celtic.

We are a million miles ahead of last years final. The team is better, sparky is on fire, the manager and coaching staff have all learned and really know what it means to the club and we the fans have a positivity and feel good factor about us again :flag:

Malthibby
19-05-2013, 11:06 AM
If we score more goals than them we have a chance...........

swanny 6-2
20-05-2013, 01:03 AM
You've got to be in it to win it,I think we have a chance

HibeeMG
20-05-2013, 08:02 AM
From where we were at half-time in the semi-final I see this as a bonus chance at winning that bloody thing.

If the players can relax (i.e not freeze) and go into it giving 100% then it'll be up to Celtc to match that spirit. We have to at least ask that question of them.

Irishlight
20-05-2013, 06:48 PM
I was at the 72 Final supporting Celtic but I want Hibs to lift the cup on sunday.
It would be amazing to see Hibs finally win the Scottish Cup.
All the best Hibees.

TAHibby
20-05-2013, 07:07 PM
I was at the 72 Final supporting Celtic but I want Hibs to lift the cup on sunday.
It would be amazing to see Hibs finally win the Scottish Cup.
All the best Hibees.

Uh oh.

Baldy Foghorn
20-05-2013, 07:32 PM
I firmly believe we will win this time. Nothing to fear, already beat Celtc this season, going in as underdogs suits just fine.

Have a feeling in my water, had it since we turned around the Semi deficit (might be an infection though:greengrin)......:flag::flag:

Drem
20-05-2013, 07:43 PM
Yes

DevonLoch
22-05-2013, 10:47 AM
http://www.imsmarketing.co.uk/images/We_Can_Do_It.jpg

Mrs Fenlon knows!

DaveF
22-05-2013, 11:51 AM
If we win it on Sunday then a chorus of 'Paddy, Paddy, give us a wave' followed by a response of :fenlon is required :greengrin

22-05-2013, 11:54 AM
If we win it on Sunday then a chorus of 'Paddy, Paddy, give us a wave' followed by a response of :fenlon is required :greengrin

:thumbsup:

Sunny1875
22-05-2013, 03:54 PM
Yes Yes Yes, Everytime i travel through west I think and hope this is our time

joe breezy
22-05-2013, 03:57 PM
I'm more hopeful than I was a year ago. Hibs are a better team now with better players.

DevonLoch
22-05-2013, 04:12 PM
http://imsmarketing.co.uk/images/wonderwoman.jpg

Wonderwoman knows!

fatbloke
22-05-2013, 05:57 PM

As long as the 16 who strip on Sunday believe - then so do I:flag:

Hibby Gav
22-05-2013, 06:20 PM
I believe we can win every game we play...it's why I go every season....what's in the past can't be helped...it's time to write some fresh history

Macaroon
22-05-2013, 06:42 PM
Rob Schneider has his say:

http://cdn0.hark.com/images/000/431/042/431042/original.jpg

You can do it! Get that old ass of yours in the end zone!

francobaresi
22-05-2013, 06:50 PM
You have to be in it to win it and we're still in it :wink:

wandering_hibee
22-05-2013, 06:57 PM
Having seen every winning cup final and every losing cup final since 1972 (Dryburgh Cup, League Cup, Scottish Cup) and I always go in believing that we can win. This year we have a good blend of experience and raw youngsters but above all plenty of passion and fight so most definitely yes we can and we will win it this time.

Bishop Hibee
22-05-2013, 06:59 PM
I believe more than I believed we'd win the semi at half time in that game.

yekimevol
22-05-2013, 07:04 PM
Two teams walk onto the park to play football, anything can happen. We have beating them this season, drew against them and lost.

I actually believe the main reason we have a chnace to win is the character in this squad now, Mcpake, Williams, Leigh and KT. This was not present last may and a bunch of loanees that never knew what it meant.

StevieInReverse
23-05-2013, 09:25 PM
Hell yes!

I have been giving the final a lot of thought ever since celtc won against Dundee Utd. And to be honest as long as we show passion, fight and heart I couldn't care if we lost the game. Obviously it would be annoying but I wouldn't lose sleep. Although I just want to see determination. Yes they have better players then us they are of course the champions for a reason. But on our day we can beat them. If we can show passion, fight and heart who knows.

GGTTH