PDA

View Full Version : "Concession please"

NadeAteMyLunch!
18-05-2013, 06:07 PM
Standing second in line at the TO today, guy in front of me, who looked mid thirties at most said to the girl serving him "one concession please", girl went away to get his ticket then said "can I ask what the concession is please?" Mid thirties guy replies "what's the £10 ticket?" Girl replies "it's £10 for full time students or OAP's" "It's an OAP ticket" he immediately replied. He then asked the girl twice if he would be in the draw for the final! Presumably wants a ticket for the final but not prepared to pay Hibs the going rate for a ticket. Infuriating how much money Hibs must be losing through situations like this :grr:

Mikey
18-05-2013, 06:08 PM
Standing second in line at the TO today, guy in front of me, who looked mid thirties at most said to the girl serving him "one concession please", girl went away to get his ticket then said "can I ask what the concession is please?" Mid thirties guy replies "what's the £10 ticket?" Girl replies "it's £10 for full time students or OAP's" "It's an OAP ticket" he immediately replied. He then asked the girl twice if he would be in the draw for the final! Presumably wants a ticket for the final but not prepared to pay Hibs the going rate for a ticket. Infuriating how much money Hibs must be losing through situations like this :grr:

And will also want Griffiths signed..............

NadeAteMyLunch!
18-05-2013, 06:11 PM
:agree:

Sherlock Jones
18-05-2013, 06:12 PM
:singing: He pays what he wants... he pays what he wants... cheating ******* he pays what he wants.

HH81
18-05-2013, 06:16 PM
Might not have been a hibs fan?

Green Fish
18-05-2013, 06:16 PM
Staff should be wise to this and should have told him to bolt. Noticed that client reference numbers weren't being asked for or checked thus leaving it wide open for tic fans to be in ballot.

Golden Bear
18-05-2013, 06:21 PM
The online system was clever enough not to directly allocate a concession ticket to a fan whose age they already knew.

Devilstorment
18-05-2013, 06:36 PM

****ing disgrace that!

iwasthere1972
18-05-2013, 06:41 PM
Staff should be wise to this and should have told him to bolt. Noticed that client reference numbers weren't being asked for or checked thus leaving it wide open for tic fans to be in ballot.

Anyone could buy a ticket at the FF and east stand pods which is similar to PATG (only difference is that Hibs instead of GS4 get the money) so pointless asking for a reference nunber at the ticket office. The deal should be that if your lucky to get your ticket drawn out the ballot then you need to be on the Hibs database to get the cup final tickets.

Twiglet
18-05-2013, 07:15 PM

They'll prob need to give one when they buy the final tickets. (don't know if that was needed for everyone in the General Sale).

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-05-2013, 07:23 PM
Being able to just wander along and mention a name and postcode and then be handed some tickets was a bit of a stunner. You only needed to know someone that bought tickets in the general sale and you were laughing! Thought an e-mail would be asked for at least. This was for the final.

clerriehibs
18-05-2013, 07:25 PM

There'll be 22k Hibs fans there next week. That's double our normal gate, so plenty fans going along who rarely, if ever, darken ER's doors. The more the merrier for me.
The boy obv probably had no intention of going (the turnstile op should obviously challenge anyone using a concession who isn't one), maybe he chanced his arm, but if he did buy a ticket, and didn't go .... that's £10 in Hibs pockets that they might otherwise have not got. He's no different to the many others going along next week who rarely contribute to Hibs, and I have no problem with that. At least he stuck a tenner in.

Scouse Hibee
18-05-2013, 07:31 PM
Our 2 season tickets were coming up "one game cancelled" when scanned at the turnstiles today? Had to go to the TO and was issued with tickets for our own seats as the girl had no clue why they were cancelled in the system as she could see on her screen. :confused: