PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Forster and his contribution to more pleasing on the eye football.

Carheenlea
18-05-2013, 05:40 PM
Jordan Forster has slotted in very well indeed to our defence these last three games, and I think it is quite noticeable that his inclusion has resulted in us playing a more attractive blend of football.
Unlike McPake, he is loathe to opt for long, speculative punts, preferring instead to play with his head up, move forward with the ball and look for Hibs players to move the ball to. The midfield as a result seems to have more control of the play and the passing is crisper and more threatening.
I think Hanlon looks better alongside him as well.

Tricla
18-05-2013, 05:55 PM
Just watching it on alba and I have to agree. He's a footballing centre half.

kaimendhibs
18-05-2013, 05:58 PM
It's noticeable that we at higher up the park without James, he always slways drops deep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wookie70
18-05-2013, 05:58 PM
Also noticable how high up the park we are playing with Jordan actually encouraging more experienced defenders to push out. Very impressed with his play.

clerriehibs
18-05-2013, 06:02 PM
I like him :agree:

Onion
18-05-2013, 06:02 PM
Looks like a prospect and has done well over last few games.... however, IMHO a Scottish Cup final is a bridge too far for Jordan at this moment. Hope I'm proved wrong and he plays a blinder but cannot help think JMP will be a huge loss of us. Ok he's been very dodgy for weeks now, but he's an experienced pro who's been through 3 big Hampden matches including that game and will take men to beat Celtic.

Am I the only person on .net who thinks James McPake's loss will damage our chances ?

Green Fish
18-05-2013, 06:11 PM
Very impressed with Forster today but more so with Hanlon. looked solid. Respect whatever decision OF makes, he sees them every day.

Thecat23
18-05-2013, 06:13 PM
Whoever makes the final I'm more than happy with Forster.

greenlex
Jordan Forster has slotted in very well indeed to our defence these last three games, and I think it is quite noticeable that his inclusion has resulted in us playing a more attractive blend of football.
Unlike McPake, he is loathe to opt for long, speculative punts, preferring instead to play with his head up, move forward with the ball and look for Hibs players to move the ball to. The midfield as a result seems to have more control of the play and the passing is crisper and more threatening.
I think Hanlon looks better alongside him as well.
He played two wonderful passes thru in the first half. Simply outstanding. If he isn't in he starting eleven next week we will struggle.

Ozyhibby
Has to be Forster now. McPake's form has been poor and has now missed last 3 games. Play the youngster.

Dinkydoo
18-05-2013, 06:16 PM
I can't speak for the rest of .net but I agree that not having a fully fit McPake in our cup final side lessens our chances of getting the right result however, the likelihood of us having a fit captain available for the final is so slim that I have accepted that we will probably have to do without him. Jordan Forster IMO has proven himself to be an able replacement albeit, very inexperienced.

Jonnyboy
18-05-2013, 06:19 PM
I think if Pat picks McPake ahead of Forster it would be a clanger of the highest order

Jack Hackett
18-05-2013, 06:20 PM
Looks like a prospect and has done well over last few games.... however, IMHO a Scottish Cup final is a bridge too far for Jordan at this moment. Hope I'm proved wrong and he plays a blinder but cannot help think JMP will be a huge loss of us. Ok he's been very dodgy for weeks now, but he's an experienced pro who's been through 3 big Hampden matches including that game and will take men to beat Celtic.

Am I the only person on .net who thinks James McPake's loss will damage our chances ?

I've never gone with this 'experienced' train of thought. Forster has slotted in nicely, and the team's playing better 'football' since he stepped up. He himself will become 'experienced' only by playing games. James's form over the last 5-6 months, has undoubtedly declined. I really hope Jordan gets the nod next week

Hibs07p
18-05-2013, 06:22 PM
Very impressed with him today, cool, calm, and distributed the ball well. After his even better performance last Sunday at Tinny, it was important for him not to lose his focus in this not so important game V Dundee. I would have no worries about Jordan replacing J Mc next week. Bring it on.
GGTTH

Seanair
18-05-2013, 06:34 PM
Looks comfortable, doesn't panic, wins ball in the air, good passer. I'd play him in the final.

Having been given his books by Celtic, he should also be highly motivated to beat them.

hibby rae
18-05-2013, 07:07 PM

I agree, I think a fit McPake should play next week. I fully believe he'll give everything in that game. I do really like Jordan but I also think it would be a big gamble to put him up against Celtic at Hampden.

Barney McGrew
18-05-2013, 07:10 PM
I don't think that our run of three wins is just coincidental to Forster's starts in the team.

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-05-2013, 07:15 PM
Hanlon looks like a better player alongside the young man. He's managed to improve two positions in an instant. Looks to have a great future ahead of him. Hope I haven't jinxed him, v impressive so far.

Hiber-nation
18-05-2013, 07:15 PM
I think he has to play. I don't care if he hasn't played at Hampden and hasn't played against a big team, the boy is quality and we are a different team with him in there. The only doubt is that he hasn't faced a top class striker yet but I think he will cope.

hibsquaker
18-05-2013, 07:16 PM
If Mcpake was going to play in the final, he would have played today. Even if fit it would be madness to play him having not played for weeks.

Franck Stanton
18-05-2013, 07:19 PM
Hard call, experience or youth? A fully fit on-form McPake would get the nod, however, McPake has not been fit for a while now and his form has suffered badly due to this fact. Forster has slotted into the back four as though he has been there for years, hasn't put a foot wrong and shone in a really difficult game [derby] that would un-nerve a lesser player. Played well again today, so imo Forster would be the better bet for next week.

Scouse Hibee
18-05-2013, 07:23 PM
McPake has not been on his game for several months, whether that is down to fitness or not I really don't know but what I do know is that Forster has played well enough to be in the starting eleven at Hampden, I hope he starts regardless of whether McPake is declared fit or not.

Heedersnvolleys
18-05-2013, 07:29 PM
He has done well but let's not kid ourselves we gave played the worst 2 teams in the league this week who have shown nothing and a team who has had nothing to play for. Totally different story next week. :wink:

Bristolhibby
18-05-2013, 07:32 PM
I think he has to play. I don't care if he hasn't played at Hampden and hasn't played against a big team, the boy is quality and we are a different team with him in there. The only doubt is that he hasn't faced a top class striker yet but I think he will cope.

Had Harris or Caldwell played at Hampden before the semi?

If you're good enough, you're in the team.

J

Scouse Hibee
18-05-2013, 07:34 PM
He has done well but let's not kid ourselves we gave played the worst 2 teams in the league this week who have shown nothing and a team who has had nothing to play for. Totally different story next week. :wink:

McPake has played against these same poor teams during the season and still been found wanting. I just hope James can get back to his best for next season.

clerriehibs
18-05-2013, 07:38 PM

J

And Stevenson, MOTM v. Killie, 2007

I'd play Forster; he's slotted into the back 4 seamlessly - and looks as fit as a fiddle. If JMcP is injured - it's not worth the risk.

The Voice Of Reason
18-05-2013, 07:38 PM

You are correct about the opposition. However I don't think Fenlon has a choice - McPake is injured and even if he recovers for next week he won't be match fit.

Foster will play IMHO :agree:

monktonharp
18-05-2013, 07:42 PM
Looks comfortable, doesn't panic, wins ball in the air, good passer. I'd play him in the final.

Having been given his books by Celtic, he should also be highly motivated to beat them.:agree: he looked fantastic today. bit sorry for JMcP though. looked the business at first, and was actually best of a bad bunch at last years final and it looks as if he wont make this one.is it back problems, or other? he just started to lose his confidance and performed poorly over a good few weeks now.

Stringer
18-05-2013, 07:45 PM
Forster has to start the final. McPake is bobbins, got found out in the falkirk game.

Hiber-nation
18-05-2013, 07:53 PM

J

Exactly, as I said I think he will cope fine.

WestEndHibee
18-05-2013, 07:54 PM
There's a strong correlation with new young players coming into big games and upping their performance through the adrenaline of being a first teamer. Akin to when David Marshall played a blinder against Barcelona or Harris transforming the Falkirk game. I am happy with either in defense but I seriously rate Forster on the back of his 3 performances, plays attractive football, wins headers, calm decision making during 1 on 1s... I'm sure Fenlon and McDonaugh together know who will be more suited to the occasion and will choose the right man for the job. Regardless, Forster is a great prospect.

wookie70
18-05-2013, 08:02 PM
Not many arguing for Doyle, Spoony or Cairney to play in front of Harris who has only played a few more games than Forster. I am very much if you are old enough you are good enough. Forster also adds a bit of passing ability to the side and the longer we have the ball at Hampdem the more chance I think we will have

down-the-slope
18-05-2013, 08:49 PM
I agree with those saying Hanlon has looked more comfortable...I would say that is also the case with Maybury at RB...I'm sure not have to cover for an Unfit off for J McP is a part of that...

Eyrie
18-05-2013, 08:51 PM
A fit McPake would be one of the first names on the team sheet, but he has struggled in recent matches and missed our last three games. Forster has come in and played very well, including his debut in the pressure cooker that is a derby, so he's my choice.

3pm
18-05-2013, 08:54 PM
Forster has done well but this is a real step up in class on Sunday.

If fit, I'd have no objections to McPake playing.

Alfred E Newman
18-05-2013, 09:01 PM
I don't think McPake has been fit since the new year. Listening to Felon after todays game I don't think he is going to be fully fit next week. No matter who plays next week it is going to be tough going. I thinkForster has played himself into the team with his performances over the past week.