PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings V Dundee

hfc rd
18-05-2013, 05:07 PM
Wasn't at the game today due to recovering from a mega hangover last night after a couple of drinks. Anyone able to give ratings on how the players done?

hibsbollah
18-05-2013, 05:12 PM
Its on alba as live now if you want to judge for yourself.

So far everyones at least a 6 or 7. Claros Taiwo Harris Forster McGivern Caldwell all looking good.

hfc rd
18-05-2013, 05:14 PM
Its on alba as live now if you want to judge for yourself.

So far everyones at least a 6 or 7. Claros Taiwo Harris Forster McGivern Caldwell all looking good.

Oh good. Will tune in now.

jgl07
18-05-2013, 05:28 PM
Wasn't at the game today due to recovering from a mega hangover last night after a couple of drinks. Anyone able to give ratings on how the players done?

Part timer!

greenlex
18-05-2013, 05:31 PM
Stevenson unlucky not to be man of the match. Closely followed by Taiwo. Then Forster and Claros. The rest did well enough with no failures. Could should have been a four or five goal rout.

LeighLoyal
18-05-2013, 05:53 PM
Stevenson unlucky not to be man of the match. Closely followed by Taiwo. Then Forster and Claros. The rest did well enough with no failures. Could should have been a four or five goal rout.

:confused: I thought he was a weak link. That shocking attempt at a shot summed him up.

Golden Bear
18-05-2013, 06:02 PM
From what I've seen of the game on Alba so far, Claros has been simply outstanding. The guy is a class act and I hope we can retain him for next season.

HibeeN
18-05-2013, 06:03 PM
:confused: I thought he was a weak link. That shocking attempt at a shot summed him up.

Can't agree! I thought he faded a bit in the second half, but some of his runs and link-up play were excellent. Was constantly getting forward and doing very well at covering for McGivern when he went forward - those two worked well together today. Probably the most attacking I have seen Lewis play, and I was really really willing for him to score that opportunity. The guy has never been a goalscorer though, so while it would have been nice, I'm not going to blame him for that! A solid performance from him, certainly not a weak link.

Otherwise, I thought Claros and Tawio were excellent together, as is becoming the norm for them!

Jordon Forster had a very good game as well; composed, confident, good distribution, won almost everything in the air, went strongly into tackles. If McPake isn't fit for the final (which seems to be the case) Forster is more than deserving of his spot. Next to him, Hanlon was equally as composed. I know Dundee aren't on the same level as Celtic when it comes to attacking play but nevertheless, an encouraging performance from these two. Maybury was solid, and McGivern was mostly good - poor distribution and overhit crosses now and then but still decent enough.

Spoony did well when he came on and scored a great goal with his head (nice assist by Lewis!) Whether it's enough to involve him next week remains to be seen.

Maybe I was imagining things, but I think the team suffered a bit from trying one pass/one touch too many in the final third. I think everybody was desperate for Griffiths to score, and everybody seemed to be trying to pick him out all the time when it might have been better just to go it alone. But that's just nitpicking in what was otherwise a very comfortable and assured team performance.

Centre Hawf
18-05-2013, 06:06 PM

Jesus...

greenlex
18-05-2013, 06:06 PM
Your understanding of football is clearly different from mine. Shot aside I thought he was terrific.

hibee_girl
18-05-2013, 06:09 PM

The weak link that set up the goal perfectly...

Jonnyboy
18-05-2013, 06:14 PM

Does you focussing on that rather than his excellent cross for the goal sum you up?

LeighLoyal
18-05-2013, 06:15 PM
Your understanding of football is clearly different from mine. Shot aside I thought he was terrific.

No he wasn't. I counted several poor passes, shot aside. I know he has a fan club on here, much like Joe Tortolano and Ally Brazil had fans in their day.

Fergus52
18-05-2013, 06:17 PM
No he wasn't. I counted several poor passes, shot aside. I know he has a fan club on here, much like Joe Tortolano and Ally Brazil had fans in their day.

what about the inch perfect cross that led to our goal?

Jonnyboy
18-05-2013, 06:18 PM

Or maybe just fans that see what he brings to the team. He also has folk on here who see what they want to see. No prizes for guessing which group you belong to

Pretty Boy
18-05-2013, 06:19 PM
Stevenson was excellent at times today.

If it wasn't for just how good Claros and Taiwo are at the moment he would have been MOTM.

hibsbollah
18-05-2013, 06:20 PM

Oh good grief :rolleyes:

You could start a hibs net thread about copper mining in Uruguay on here and someone would find a reason to criticise Lewis on it.

Centre Hawf
18-05-2013, 06:21 PM

Stevenson has never been a prolific goal scorer so i didn't fully expect much from him in that situation. But his cross for Wotherspoon was simply sublime and once again he worked his socks off and got stuck into 50/50's. His movement and ability to swap positions with anyone in the midfield made Dundee's players confused on occasions hence the space left for Griffiths who by the way missed much more easier chances today. So i suppose he must be the weak link instead?

LeighLoyal
18-05-2013, 06:24 PM
Or maybe just fans that see what he brings to the team. He also has folk on here who see what they want to see. No prizes for guessing which group you belong to

Well, go and play him at Hampden then, but don't come crying to me and those 'who see what they want to see' when it doesnae work. I must have just imagined all those shocking "passes", and hopeful punts up the park he excels at.

Pat 0-7
18-05-2013, 06:24 PM
Can't agree! I thought he faded a bit in the second half, but some of his runs and link-up play were excellent. Was constantly getting forward and doing very well at covering for McGivern when he went forward - those two worked well together today. Probably the most attacking I have seen Lewis play, and I was really really willing for him to score that opportunity. The guy has never been a goalscorer though, so while it would have been nice, I'm not going to blame him for that! A solid performance from him, certainly not a weak link.

Otherwise, I thought Claros and Tawio were excellent together, as is becoming the norm for them!

Jordon Forster had a very good game as well; composed, confident, good distribution, won almost everything in the air, went strongly into tackles. If McPake isn't fit for the final (which seems to be the case) Forster is more than deserving of his spot. Next to him, Hanlon was equally as composed. I know Dundee aren't on the same level as Celtic when it comes to attacking play but nevertheless, an encouraging performance from these two. Maybury was solid, and McGivern was mostly good - poor distribution and overhit crosses now and then but still decent enough.

Spoony did well when he came on and scored a great goal with his head (nice assist by Lewis!) Whether it's enough to involve him next week remains to be seen.

Maybe I was imagining things, but I think the team suffered a bit from trying one pass/one touch too many in the final third. I think everybody was desperate for Griffiths to score, and everybody seemed to be trying to pick him out all the time when it might have been better just to go it alone. But that's just nitpicking in what was otherwise a very comfortable and assured team performance.

:agree:

I would rather have Spoony on the bench before Deegan or Robertson for the final.

.....and Lewis had a good game today IMO..........:aok:

Jonnyboy
18-05-2013, 06:26 PM
Well, go and play him at Hampden then, but don't come crying to me and those 'who see what they want to see' when it doesnae work. I must have just imagined all those shocking "passes", and hopeful punts up the park he excels at.

At least we agree on something. Why raise next week? We're debating his performance today

Centre Hawf
18-05-2013, 06:26 PM
:agree:

I would rather have Spoony on the bench before Deegan or Robertson for the final.

.....and Lewis had a good game today IMO..........:aok:

I think Wotherspoon only had one good moment today and that was his goal (Suppose that's all he needs) But in my opinion i would like to see Robertson in the squad. Who that's in place off i don't know sadly.

bingo70
18-05-2013, 06:33 PM
Not done enough for me to start next week but I thought he was steady enough today, great cross for the goal but imo saying he was excellent is pushing it.

hibsbollah
18-05-2013, 06:33 PM
Very good performance today

Williams 7 Excellent distribution.

Maybury 6
Hanlon 6
Forster 8 Impeccable in the air and on the deck. I feel for McPake but id start Forster next week.
McGivern 8 Some outstanding deliveries

Harris 8
Taiwo 7 Reliable as ever.
Claros 8 MOTM.
Stevenson 7 Busy.

Caldwell 7 Really impressed with him today. Some good interplay and first touch excellent.
Griffiths 6

bingo70
18-05-2013, 06:52 PM

Maybury 6
Hanlon 6
Forster 8 Impeccable in the air and on the deck. I feel for McPake but id start Forster next week.

Harris 8
Claros 8 MOTM.
Stevenson 7 Busy.

Caldwell 7 Really impressed with him today. Some good interplay and first touch excellent.
Griffiths 6

Caldwells first touch is awful imo, something he really needs to work on.

hibee_girl
18-05-2013, 06:54 PM

Maybury 6
Hanlon 6

Harris 8
Claros 8 MOTM.
Stevenson 7 Busy.

Griffiths 6

I agree with most of that but I'd give Hanlon and Stevenson higher marks.

I felt we played well today but didn't feel like we really played to our full potential, felt like they were holding back at times.

hibsbollah
18-05-2013, 06:55 PM

Really? I thought he kept possession really well.

clerriehibs
18-05-2013, 07:00 PM
I think Wotherspoon only had one good moment today and that was his goal (Suppose that's all he needs) But in my opinion i would like to see Robertson in the squad. Who that's in place off i don't know sadly.

If it's no' the stevenson doubters, it's the wotherspoon ones ... :rolleyes:

greenlex
18-05-2013, 07:00 PM
Yes I think you must have imagind them. Yes not every pass came off but he never shirked trying to make them eventually we scored from his assist or did I imagine that?
One that sticks in my mind that didnt come of was in the second half when McGivern started to make a run and Stevenson played the pass only to see McGivern check his run. Another over the top with too much weight. I wouldn't call either shocking to be fair but each to their own I guess. Like I said our understanding of football is clearly different.

Hiber-nation
18-05-2013, 07:01 PM

What an absolutely ridiculous comment.

Franck Stanton
18-05-2013, 07:02 PM
I agree with most of that but I'd give Hanlon and Stevenson higher marks.

I felt we played well today but didn't feel like we really played to our full potential, felt like they were holding back at times.

Agree 100% with the bit in bold. Felt we didn't get [or even need to get] out of 1st gear today. Seems we were just fulfilling a fixture that had to be played and were concentrating more on not getting any injuries. We did however still control the game. Only criticism/worry for me was our poor defending at corners [been like that for most of the season] and think if we don't tighten up in this area the great unwashed will punish us in next weeks final.

Jonnyboy
18-05-2013, 07:03 PM
If it's no' the stevenson doubters, it's the wotherspoon ones ... :rolleyes:

Few folk in a right tizzy after Stevenson and Spoony combined to provide us with a stunning goal and three points :greengrin

Hibby70
18-05-2013, 07:11 PM

Wow. Entitled to your opinion even when it's nonsense I suppose.

The Baldmans Comb
18-05-2013, 07:20 PM
We all tend to get completely bogged down as to whether Stevenson has had a good or bad game.:confused:

He really isn't all that important. Griffiths matters, Claros matters, Harris matters, Williams matters and increasingly so do Taiwo and Hanlon.

Stevenson is a filler player who does an OK job when McGivern isn't there and fills in from time to time in midfield and today was one of his usual hard working busy industrious performances with a shocking end product and quite a few misplaced passes but some decent grafting and tackles.

Thompson will take his midfield place and McGivern will take the full back place for the cup final and Stevenson will do what he always does and fill in on the bench as a decent enough player to have around but by no means anything special because in the best part of 7 years that is all he has ever been.

Twiglet
18-05-2013, 07:30 PM
Really? I thought he kept possession really well.

I thought he did really well at throw ins. Really used his strength (which he didn't use as much when he first few times he came on for the first team last season) to protect the ball and turn.

Tricla
18-05-2013, 07:36 PM

I'd disagree. I think he takes the ball well with his back to goal and brings others in to play.

LALthehibeeGAL
18-05-2013, 07:41 PM

OMG - sorry I have to strongly disagree with you - Lewis was involved in everything and never shirks from a tackle - played a more forward role - he has never been a goal scorer but I really willed him to get one - unbelievable - opinions eh!!!

Lal:wink:

StarMan10
18-05-2013, 07:42 PM

couldn't disagree more. Again,as it was last week, his hold up play was excellent. He gets the nod over Doyle for the final imo. Still abit raw yes, but gives us a different dimension.

The Voice Of Reason
18-05-2013, 07:42 PM
We all tend to get completely bogged down as to whether Stevenson has had a good or bad game.:confused:

He really isn't all that important. Griffiths matters, Claros matters, Harris matters, Williams matters and increasingly so do Taiwo and Hanlon.

Stevenson is a filler player who does an OK job when McGivern isn't there and fills in from time to time in midfield and today was one of his usual hard working busy industrious performances with a shocking end product and quite a few misplaced passes but some decent grafting and tackles.

Thompson will take his midfield place and McGivern will take the full back place for the cup final and Stevenson will do what he always does and fill in on the bench as a decent enough player to have around but by no means anything special because in the best part of 7 years that is all he has ever been.

You will probably take stick for your post - but I agree with you :agree:

LioNeilMessi
18-05-2013, 07:46 PM
I'd disagree. I think he takes the ball well with his back to goal and brings others in to play.

I wasn't there today but I agree with this from seeing him play previously. Last week at Tynecastle I think everyone noticed that he actually has a very good first touch, and finesse which I'm sure not many expected when he came onto the scene dubbed as the next GOC. I'm looking forward to seeing what Caldwell will bring to us next season when he'll be given run a starts :thumbsup:

monktonharp
18-05-2013, 07:48 PM

Maybe I was imagining things, but I think the team suffered a bit from trying one pass/one touch too many in the final third. I think everybody was desperate for Griffiths to score, and everybody seemed to be trying to pick him out all the time when it might have been better just to go it alone. But that's just nitpicking in what was otherwise a very comfortable and assured team performance. exactly how I felt about Lewis, and was a tad annoyed that he did not put that one away!.never been a big fan of his but today he was immense. your points about others trying to lay it on,...spot on.we should have bagged a half dozen today, before Dundee suddenly woke up and threatened late on.

hibee_girl
18-05-2013, 07:50 PM

:agree: Absolutely but it was nice to see in a way that they all wanted to help him get to his 30 goals target

Scouse Hibee
18-05-2013, 07:51 PM

You don't imagine anything, you just have preconceived ideas that won't be swayed by fact so you just see what you want to see rather than what actually matters. You have proved that today.

Hiber-nation
18-05-2013, 07:51 PM

Agree, far better touch than Doyle and I'd probably start him.

bingo70
18-05-2013, 07:56 PM
Seems I'm in the minority thinking Caldwells got a poor first touch then. I just think he controls it, it bounces away from him but because he's strong and quick he gets away with it.

I remember watching Ian Murray's testimonial and for me john Collins was man of the match and the thing that seperated him from the rest was his first touch, it was all so fluid, since then I've tried to pay attention to players ability to control the ball and I just thought Caldwell looked clumsy, even though he got away with it. Maybe I'm wrong though, its happened once before.

Hiber-nation
18-05-2013, 07:58 PM
Seems I'm in the minority thinking Caldwells got a poor first touch then. I just think he controls it, it bounces away from him but because he's strong and quick he gets away with it.

I remember watching Ian Murray's testimonial and for me john Collins was man of the match and the thing that seperated him from the rest was his first touch, it was all so fluid, since then I've tried to pay attention to players ability to control the ball and I just thought Caldwell looked clumsy, even though he got away with it. Maybe I'm wrong though, its happened once before.

I think he keeps the ball better than Doyle who tends to run into trouble too much. Not too fussed though, it's probably our least strong position and a difficult choice - as long as Pat does actually play 4-4-2 of course...

wookie70
18-05-2013, 08:19 PM
Williams 6 Not much to do but looked a bit ropey with one corner and a slip at a clearance could have been costly. Looks nervy to me for some reason

Maybury 6 Had a shot on goal and reasonably solid. Missed ball at back post for Dundees best attempt
Hanlon 7 Rock solid and partnership looks good with Forster
Forster 8 Strong in the air and on the ground. Looks confident and some great runs and passing. Excellent
McGivern 7 Lost ball cheaply but Forster saved his blushes. Did get forward well and linked really well with Lewis

Harris 6.5 Look dangerous every time he gets the ball but not his day
Taiwo 7 Good game lots of work as per
Claros 8 Excellent again and playing with a smile on his face
Stevenson 8 My MOTM. He linked play well from front to back. Got forward well which earned him two good chances, set up goal with superb cross

Caldwell 7 Won a few in the air, work hard and touch looked better to me
Griffiths 6 Got into great positions but never had his shooting boots on.

Shrekko
18-05-2013, 08:21 PM
I think he keeps the ball better than Doyle who tends to run into trouble too much. Not too fussed though, it's probably our least strong position and a difficult choice - as long as Pat does actually play 4-4-2 of course...

How do you mean 'keeps the ball'? Caldwell, I think controls it pretty well but at the moment he tends to just knock it back towards the midfield very quickly, which quite often isnt that productive. Doyle maybe doesn't have a great touch but he's far more willing to carry the ball forward and get involved in wee 1-2's in the box etc.

I think Caldwell looks like he has all the makings of a good player but for me Doyle has to start next week. Whether he plays well or not he's not afraid to get really involved in the game and that's what we'll need- players standing up to be counted. Experience will be so vital.

Hiber-nation
18-05-2013, 08:27 PM
How do you mean 'keeps the ball'? Caldwell, I think controls it pretty well but at the moment he tends to just knock it back towards the midfield very quickly, which quite often isnt that productive. Doyle maybe doesn't have a great touch but he's far more willing to carry the ball forward and get involved in wee 1-2's in the box etc.

I think Caldwell looks like he has all the makings of a good player but for me Doyle has to start next week. Whether he plays well or not he's not afraid to get really involved in the game and that's what we'll need- players standing up to be counted. Experience will be so vital.

They are different types of players. Caldwell doesn't lose the ball as much as Doyle who runs into trouble too much. But Doyle is more direct. As I said, not fussed though.

007 Mickey Weir
18-05-2013, 09:51 PM
At the game and thought Stevenson was all over the pitch getting involved, good passing, tackling and his running in behind there defence is the best I've seen him.

Yes he missed a good chance. But Griffiths missed a few more!!

I think Thomson should start next week. But Lewis gives us another option.

jdships
18-05-2013, 09:56 PM

Appreciate you are entitled to your opinion but think you must have been at a different match to the hibbees I have spoken with
:confused:

Golden Bear
18-05-2013, 09:58 PM
The game is about to re start on Alba which beats the eurovision song contest anyday!

Pete
19-05-2013, 12:16 AM
Thought Stevenson had a great first half but wasn't as effective in the second. It's as if he seemed to fade out of the game.

I thought Maybury had a good game. Deserves a lot more credit than he is getting.

Forster looks great. He hasn't put a foot wrong so far and it can't all be down to Hanlon.

I don't think McGivern looks comfortable at full-back and I don't really trust him. I prefer Lewis there now and I think that Ryan is a natural centre-half.

Harris was direct as usual but was stopped whenever Dundee doubled up on him. I think he'll be effective next week though.

Caldwell was great at holding the ball up and looking for options. Can't wait to see him next season.

Claros and Taiwo looked great together again.

Leigh couldn't hit a coo's erse. Punt him to somewhere like Coventry.

Saorsa
19-05-2013, 12:19 AM
:confused: I thought he was a weak link. That shocking attempt at a shot summed him up.:rolleyes:

Shot aside the wee lad was great, dinnae ken what you were watching.

Saorsa
19-05-2013, 12:20 AM
No he wasn't. I counted several poor passes, shot aside. I know he has a fan club on here, much like Joe Tortolano and Ally Brazil had fans in their day.what a pile of *****.

Teapot
19-05-2013, 11:39 AM
Williams 6 Not much to do but looked a bit ropey with one corner and a slip at a clearance could have been costly. Looks nervy to me for some reason

Maybury 6 Had a shot on goal and reasonably solid. Missed ball at back post for Dundees best attempt
Hanlon 7 Rock solid and partnership looks good with Forster
Forster 8 Strong in the air and on the ground. Looks confident and some great runs and passing. Excellent
McGivern 7 Lost ball cheaply but Forster saved his blushes. Did get forward well and linked really well with Lewis

Harris 6.5 Look dangerous every time he gets the ball but not his day
Taiwo 7 Good game lots of work as per
Claros 8 Excellent again and playing with a smile on his face
Stevenson 8 My MOTM. He linked play well from front to back. Got forward well which earned him two good chances, set up goal with superb cross

Caldwell 7 Won a few in the air, work hard and touch looked better to me
Griffiths 6 Got into great positions but never had his shooting boots on.

Agree with all this. Sparky looked like he was desperate to score and ended up trying too hard. Think my motm though would be Forster, I thought he looked very composed today and he keeps it simple. If he has to play in the final I wouldn't be worried.

On a sidenote, what a player Claros has become. What about that bit of skill when he flicked it over the boys head then pinged a ball out wide. Utter joy to watch.

FromTheCapital
19-05-2013, 12:29 PM
Williams (6) - Nothing to do. Good distribution. Poor kick almost cost a goal.

Maybury (6) - I think he's more reliable than Clancy. Decent performance.
Forster (8) - Won every 50-50. Composed and always looking for a pass.
Hanlon (7) - Won majority of his challenges. Good display.
McGivern (6) - Done well enough. Some decent crosses.

Harris (6) - Went at his man all the time. Wasn't brilliant but done fine.
Taiwo (8) - Got stuck in. Excellent passing. Just got MOTM from me.
Claros (8) - Like Taiwo. They look very good together. Class player.
Stevenson (7) - Passing was good. Typical 110% performance from Lewis.

Caldwell (7) - Starting to look like a decent player. Done well yesterday.
Griffiths (6) - Gutted he didn't score. Tried hard but didn't get what he deserved.

SUBS

Wotherspoon - Took his header brilliantly. Gets a lot of stick on here but well done to him.
Doyle - Sad to see him go down South. He's okay but Caldwell would get my vote for the final.
Robertson - No time.

Good performance from the Hibees in preparation for the final!

:flag:

WestEndHibee
19-05-2013, 12:36 PM
Few folk in a right tizzy after Stevenson and Spoony combined to provide us with a stunning goal and three points :greengrin

It's a booboy's worst nightmare.

hibsbollah
19-05-2013, 01:00 PM
On a sidenote, what a player Claros has become. What about that bit of skill when he flicked it over the boys head then pinged a ball out wide. Utter joy to watch.

:agree: Reminded me of Boozy ripping the pish out of Neil Lennon. In fact, i know we're all supposed to call Harris 'Boozy', but Claros plays exactly like Boozy used to before his injury. Same intelligent passing, determination and ability to be everywhere at once. Claros maybe slightly better in the tackle, Boozy better at getting into scoring positions, but all in all very similar players in style and ability. Id love him to stay.

Teapot
19-05-2013, 01:47 PM
:agree: Reminded me of Boozy ripping the pish out of Neil Lennon. In fact, i know we're all supposed to call Harris 'Boozy', but Claros plays exactly like Boozy used to before his injury. Same intelligent passing, determination and ability to be everywhere at once. Claros maybe slightly better in the tackle, Boozy better at getting into scoring positions, but all in all very similar players in style and ability. Id love him to stay.

Totally agree. I think Boozy edges it because he scored goals. I cant remember Claros scoring for us? But still, for me he is our most entertaining player just lacks a bit of conviction in the final third.

I actually feel the whole team lacks a bit of cutting edge in the final third just now but I think that will come with time.

Winston Ingram
19-05-2013, 01:52 PM

Stevenson was absolutely superb yesterday. The ball for the goal summed up his performance. Absolutely brilliant:agree:

Jonnyboy
19-05-2013, 09:17 PM
what a pile of *****.

Stevenson was absolutely superb yesterday. The ball for the goal summed up his performance. Absolutely brilliant:agree:

Wasting your time guys as LeighLoyal/FalkirkHibby sees what he wants to see and don't try and tell him he's wrong :wink:

PS What's with the two names? Split personality?

Pedantic_Hibee
19-05-2013, 09:27 PM
Claros delivered an absolute master class yesterday. I deliberately watched his every move pretty much yesterday and he is probably the most intelligent footballer in the SPL.

How the Sun newspaper only gave him a 6 out of 10 I'll never know.

Saorsa
19-05-2013, 09:34 PM
Claros delivered an absolute master class yesterday. I deliberately watched his every move pretty much yesterday and he is probably the most intelligent footballer in the SPL.

How the Sun newspaper only gave him a 6 out of 10 I'll never know.because it's a steamin' pile of *****? :dunno:

Pedantic_Hibee
19-05-2013, 09:37 PM
because it's a steamin' pile of *****? :dunno:

I only really bought it for two reasons.

Page 3.

Saorsa
19-05-2013, 09:40 PM
I only really bought it for two reasons.

Page 3.:greengrin

superfurryhibby
20-05-2013, 11:39 AM

Everytime Spoon had the ball he did something creative with it. He and Doyle interlinked well and caused problems for Dundee. I assume you weren't actually at the game?

seven nowt
20-05-2013, 11:54 AM
Williams 6 - Distribution was very good, caught most balls, a bit dodgy at one corner and kicked it along the ground but I blame the bobble.
Maybury 6 Solid game, very professional as usual
Hanlon 7 Great ball to Leigh, had a solid game again
Forster 8 Had a great game again, won aerial battles, assured with ball at feet and a couple of great tackles too. My MOTM.
McGivern 6 Not his usual brilliant self, still got involved though

Harris 7.5 Always involved, looks dangerous all the time and his pass to Griffiths was brilliant.
Taiwo 8 One of the best games I've seen Taiwo play, covered a lot of ground and was confident when he was on the ball.
Claros 7.5 For the first half hour, I thought he was a bit hesitant, but he played brilliant from then onwards. On form!
Stevenson 7 Had a good game, looked lively from the start

Caldwell 5.5 Looked a bit of a donkey up front at times, movement nowhere near as good as Doyle's. Saying that, he played well in spells.
Griffiths 7 Looked exciting again, but for once his finishing wasn't there

Robertson - For just coming of the bench, he looked lazy.
Doyle - Linked up nicely up front
Wotherspoon - Looked very direct, took his header very well.