PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Hibs 1v0 Dundee (Wotherspoon)

Pages : 1 [2]

Cameron1875
18-05-2013, 04:00 PM
Being in the bottom 6 might have actually been a blessing in disguise! The lads will be full of confidence too. :pfgwa

snooky
18-05-2013, 04:05 PM
Being in the bottom 6 might have actually been a blessing in disguise! The lads will be full of confidence too. :pfgwa

Or .... it could give them a false sense of level of opposition? Better to be playing best teams to keep your standards up and consistant, IMO

Part/Time Supporter
18-05-2013, 04:05 PM
Why would they get a 14 point penalty?

18 = 1/3 of last years total rounded up or 15 minimum if they make it to season end which would mean they stayed up regardless.

It was mentioned because the BBC published some nutty comment along the lines of "if UBIG only own 79% of Hearts, surely they should only have 79% of the deduction applied?".

Sas_The_Hibby
18-05-2013, 04:06 PM
thank **** finally a home win, along with no injuries, no bookings...and a clean sheet what's going on :greengrin

Dear Traveller, you are currently in Parallel Universe no. 106,432,988. Your temporary visa expires in 7 days, after which you will be repatriated to your own universe and normal service (for you) will be resumed. :wink:

Gus Fring
18-05-2013, 04:06 PM
Another win and finished the best of the rest. Lovely stuff. Just one game left now. Man, I hope we do it!

PS, just seen this :faf:

Andy Barryson @AndyBarryson_8
(http://twitter.com/AndyBarryson_8)Excellent result fur Hearts, smart to score an OG, keep the points deduction tae a minimum. #clever (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23clever)

Hank Schrader
18-05-2013, 04:11 PM
It was mentioned because the BBC published some nutty comment along the lines of "if UBIG only own 79% of Hearts, surely they should only have 79% of the deduction applied?".

And the SPL rules don't take into account parent company shareholdings so that is that theory out the window. You would think the BBC would refrain from printing such nonsense.

Golden Bear
18-05-2013, 04:14 PM
I'm not sure if everyone is aware but the hawrts seemed to have put a Champions League winning performance today at Pittodrie -------- well according to the rantings and ravings of the total lunatics on Radio Scotland!!

Jeez they're totally unbelievable!!

PS How could I possibly forget the absolutely wonderful huge, massive travelling support of what must have been at least 300,000!.

Beefster
18-05-2013, 04:26 PM
Proving once again that the split is a ****ing farce.

The split is pish but us having more points than teams in the top six proves nothing seeing as we've played the likes of Dundee and Hearts an extra game and the top six have played the likes of Celtic and Motherwell.

There's nearly 1,000 people currently viewing this thread. Is there actually anybody AT the game?

The attendance was very poor considering. Lets hope every PATG wins in the ballot and we hear no more about how everyone still looking for a cup final ticket 'goes to every home game'.

number9dream
18-05-2013, 04:28 PM
And the SPL rules don't take into account parent company shareholdings so that is that theory out the window. You would think the BBC would refrain from printing such nonsense.

I can see no evidence of such nonsense - maybe some numpty mentioned it on the radio.
The two BBC articles on the subject this week simply point out the 79% holding - nothing about that figure altering any possible points penalty.
In fact, the most recent piece spells out the 18 point penalty that would be triggered in the event of an insolvency act.

Frazerbob
18-05-2013, 04:37 PM
9 points in 6 days, a clean sheet, no bookings or red cards and no new injuries for the final, finishing above Ha-ha-hearts who could still get relegated and only 3 points off 3rd. That'll do Hibs, now let's go and win this bloody cup!

...WentToMowAnSPL
18-05-2013, 04:38 PM
I can see no evidence of such nonsense - maybe some numpty mentioned it on the radio....

Some numpty tweeted or texted the 79% idea as a suggestion and it got included in the live commentary thread.... Lots of people including biscuits Preston cant work out the different figures for being penalised for event occurring before or after season end

HibeeN
18-05-2013, 04:42 PM
Just heading home now, good game, good support for the team, people were really getting behind the players. Nice to see them all with their kids at the end, really felt like one big happy Hibee family!

trev the hat
18-05-2013, 05:14 PM
9 points in 6 days, a clean sheet, no bookings or red cards and no new injuries for the final, finishing above Ha-ha-hearts who could still get relegated and only 3 points off 3rd. That'll do Hibs, now let's go and win this bloody cup!

PH was carded otherwise a good day.
Although I did have 2-0 :-(
Let the build up begin :-D

cabbageandribs1875
18-05-2013, 05:34 PM
PH was carded otherwise a good day.
Although I did have 2-0 :-(
Let the build up begin :-D

better inform the BBC of that then

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22491353

just watched him get a booking on alba.....make sure you tell the BBC now :agree:

SmashinGlass
18-05-2013, 06:43 PM
better inform the BBC of that then

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22491353

just watched him get a booking on alba.....make sure you tell the BBC now :agree:

Having been at the game, Hanlon was certainly booked. No question.

Jonnyboy
18-05-2013, 06:44 PM
Having been at the game, Hanlon was certainly booked. No question.

:agree: