PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous Cup Final Related Behaviour

Future17
17-05-2013, 03:05 PM
I'll kick off with my sudden insistence on only buying the "Share a Coke with..." Coke bottles if they bear the names of current Hibs players.

Anyone else started to go slightly mental?

The Sea-gull
17-05-2013, 03:16 PM
I'll kick off with my sudden insistence on only buying the "Share a Coke with..." Coke bottles if they bear the names of current Hibs players.

I'm trying to get the whole squad.

I'm struggling to find a bottle which says share a coke with Shefki though. Everyone knows when it comes to food and drink Shefki shares nothing so maybe that's my problem.

Tinribs
17-05-2013, 03:19 PM

Share a coke with Garry O'Connor ? :cb

I know he is not a current player btw

_hucks_
17-05-2013, 03:21 PM
Last year, on my way to the train station to travel up for the game, I ended up buyibg 50 quids worth of proclaimers tickets at the Liverpool Philharmonic because I passed a poster with their face on it. Still waiting on doing something like that this time around.

Pete
17-05-2013, 03:28 PM
I'm never off this site. Something cup final related might happen. It's also a pretty eventful time right now for other reasons.

I'm googling images of Hampden too many times to be considered normal. I cant help it and get goosebumps every time.

Pedantic_Hibee
17-05-2013, 03:33 PM
I'm going to drink 1902 pints of Tennents on the 26th of May. By half-time.

worcesterhibby
17-05-2013, 03:36 PM
Next time you go to buy a chocolate bar, make sure it a Crunchie, (kevin McAllister) unless you can think of another chocolate bar related Hibs player.

S4uzee
17-05-2013, 03:37 PM
I'm never off this site. Something cup final related might happen. It's also a pretty eventful time right now for other reasons.

I'm googling images of Hampden too many times to be considered normal. I cant help it and get goosebumps every time.
Haha do that myself but also go on google maps to see the streets outside the ground again which just makes me nervous

Jones28
17-05-2013, 03:41 PM
I've played Celtic at a hampden like stadium on fifa god knows how many times, winning all of them might I add. Daring to dream :flag:

Barman Stanton
17-05-2013, 03:46 PM
I've played Celtic at a hampden like stadium on fifa god knows how many times, winning all of them might I add. Daring to dream :flag:

Roma's stadium by chance? I have done the same recently. :)

edinburghhibee
17-05-2013, 03:47 PM
I dressed in a morph suit last year after it looked like I'd have to call in sick at work.. Not this year it's been booked since oor agent zal scored at Easter road!!!

GlenrothesHibee
17-05-2013, 06:16 PM
Ive been playing Sunshine on Leith on repeat every time im in the car imagining the joyus scenes. Starting to worry myself

adhibs
17-05-2013, 06:26 PM

that is mental :rotflmao:

One Day Soon
17-05-2013, 06:44 PM
Obsessively making up playlists in my head of the ideal going to Hampden tunes and the ideal post-game stadium soundtrack, followed by the journey back to Edinburgh coach list.

Trying hard not to imagine winning it as this produces a very weird feeling with tears and therefore not sensible in public.

GordonHFC
17-05-2013, 06:52 PM
Next time you go to buy a chocolate bar, make sure it a Crunchie, (kevin McAllister) unless you can think of another chocolate bar related Hibs player.

Craig Boost er

Northernhibee
17-05-2013, 06:59 PM
Obsessively making up playlists in my head of the ideal going to Hampden tunes and the ideal post-game stadium soundtrack, followed by the journey back to Edinburgh coach list.

Trying hard not to imagine winning it as this produces a very weird feeling with tears and therefore not sensible in public.

Oh, I have songs in that post match playlist. I also have to try not to imagine winning in case I go all teary eyed in public :greengrin

So far got:

Sunshine on Leith - Proclaimers
The Good Will Come Out - Embrace
To Build A Home - Cinematic Orchestra
Harder Than You Think - Public Enemy

Sure more songs will enter the playlist nearer the time like

Bristolhibby
17-05-2013, 07:07 PM
I'm going to drink 1902 pints of Tennents on the 26th of May. By half-time.

Then I will leave at half time.

Regardless of the score.

Bristolhibby
17-05-2013, 07:09 PM
I'm imagining the Harp & Castle circa 19:00.

Please God/Allah, etc!

J

Macaroon
17-05-2013, 07:09 PM
It's times like this I wish I was older than I am. I've not experienced enough pain in my life as a Hibby to truly appreciate this game's importance. Nevertheless I have had 4 dreams so far about the cup final, one of which Hanlon got the winner, one of which we lost horribly, and the rest were way too weird to be considered credible "visions." Still, with my Physics exam the day after the final it is one colossal pile of stress that could really be done without!

Purehibee_MYB
17-05-2013, 07:19 PM
I dreamt we were 1-0 down and Super Leigh scored a free-kick from just outside the box to take it to extra time, was absolute pandemonium in the stands, and then we lost in extra time... would be typical of us really

danhibees1875
17-05-2013, 07:44 PM
Had a dream that McGivern scored 2 and we were 3-0 inside the first half. We were quite happy in the stands.

My Hibs top is with my Mum at home to be washed prior to the game as it was before the semi-final. She's under instruction to wash both halves this time though. :agree:

Soldiersteve
17-05-2013, 07:58 PM
Keep Calm, THIS is our year..........

rcarter1
17-05-2013, 08:10 PM
It's times like this I wish I was older than I am. I've not experienced enough pain in my life as a Hibby to truly appreciate this game's importance. Nevertheless I have had 4 dreams so far about the cup final, one of which Hanlon got the winner, one of which we lost horribly, and the rest were way too weird to be considered credible "visions." Still, with my Physics exam the day after the final it is one colossal pile of stress that could really be done without!

You should be careful what you wish for!!

My personal insanity is that we 7-6.

down-the-slope
17-05-2013, 09:23 PM

:slipper: if thats Higher Physics then you are a very naughty boy....and yes you are far too young to appreciate whats happening..... 2 finals in 2 years is not normal .....however do not miss the chance...

My daughter (yes I have entered the auld fart stage) is doing Higher Physics on the Monday....but I have persuaded Mrs DTS that she has earned right not to miss the chance of game / week-end away with Dad / Uncle / sister due to getting A1 in prelim (and she is doing exam a year early in 4th year....I blame the parents :wink:).. ..I hope this is the start of a generation who become used to Dreaming in Green and seeing i come to pass

Jones28
17-05-2013, 11:29 PM
I dreamt it was against hearts again, and my jambo grandad was with us in the Hibs end. Got all the pre match build up and we were starting to change my grandads mind about who to support. I was woken up at kick off by an excitable Alsatian!

Jones28
17-05-2013, 11:31 PM
Roma's stadium by chance? I have done the same recently. :)

Stadio Olympico!

alan1875
18-05-2013, 07:27 AM
Oh, I have songs in that post match playlist. I also have to try not to imagine winning in case I go all teary eyed in public :greengrin

So far got:

How about Elbow - One day like this

Macaroon
18-05-2013, 12:25 PM
:slipper: if thats Higher Physics then you are a very naughty boy....and yes you are far too young to appreciate whats happening..... 2 finals in 2 years is not normal .....however do not miss the chance...

My daughter (yes I have entered the auld fart stage) is doing Higher Physics on the Monday....but I have persuaded Mrs DTS that she has earned right not to miss the chance of game / week-end away with Dad / Uncle / sister due to getting A1 in prelim (and she is doing exam a year early in 4th year....I blame the parents :wink:).. ..I hope this is the start of a generation who become used to Dreaming in Green and seeing i come to pass

HA! Well I can tell you that I most certainly did not get an A1 in the prelim :hilarious . Although ma has been aware for quite some time that I have well established priorities in life.

Hibs
Food
Education
Sleep

danhibees1875
18-05-2013, 12:44 PM
HA! Well I can tell you that I most certainly did not get an A1 in the prelim :hilarious . Although ma has been aware for quite some time that I have well established priorities in life.

Hibs
Food
Education
Sleep

Higher physics is easy! Just practice your vectors at half time!

S=ut+0.5a(t^2) is about the only equation I can remember just now though... :greengrin

hibee92
18-05-2013, 02:24 PM
I dressed in a morph suit last year after it looked like I'd have to call in sick at work.. Not this year it's been booked since oor agent zal scored at Easter road!!!

That is incredible. :faf:

Future17
18-05-2013, 06:07 PM

Weekly shop today - put back milk that expires on 27th in favour of 26th. Green top of course.

Weej1875
18-05-2013, 07:09 PM

So far got:

The Walkmen have a song called "Song for Leigh". Great song, but maybe a bit lo-fi for a post match playlist...