PDA

View Full Version : alistair skillen

Colinton Hibby
17-05-2013, 01:27 PM
i was chatting to a mate about past and present hibs goalkeepers, with goram and leighton being my picks. we then chatted about about other goalies who we admired and he mentioned a lower league player called alistair skillen who used to play for dumbarton, i think. he said he had seen him a couple of times back in the day and he was superb, and it was mentioned about that time skillen might actually come to us. anyone got any info on him as i heard he went onto have a distinguished career in the juniors and is now, ironicially, training hibs youngsters at east mains. can't find anything to back this up tho.

Waxy
17-05-2013, 02:02 PM
Roughie was my fav.Thats all

MontrealHibs
17-05-2013, 02:29 PM
Remember Ally at Dunbar United. Him and John Brough were fine keepers for the club when I was a lad.

Hibs7
17-05-2013, 02:31 PM
Ronnie Simpson by far the best ever !!!

eastterrace
17-05-2013, 07:56 PM
Ronnie Simpson by far the best ever !!!

thought ronnie simpson was crap, andy goram best his goalie.

monktonharp
17-05-2013, 11:25 PM
i was chatting to a mate about past and present hibs goalkeepers, with goram and leighton being my picks. we then chatted about about other goalies who we admired and he mentioned a lower league player called alistair skillen who used to play for dumbarton, i think. he said he had seen him a couple of times back in the day and he was superb, and it was mentioned about that time skillen might actually come to us. anyone got any info on him as i heard he went onto have a distinguished career in the juniors and is now, ironicially, training hibs youngsters at east mains. can't find anything to back this up tho.I know big Ali, he's married to a cousin of mine. met him on a few occasions at family do's. he was coaching at Preston Juniors a while back I think. he also had a connection wi' Berwick ,when another cuz of mine was manager James Crease. will try and get more info for you.

CapitalHibs
18-05-2013, 12:26 AM
thought ronnie simpson was crap, andy goram best his goalie.

Simpson done better than Williams. Saved 12 penalties in a row.

Bostonhibby
19-05-2013, 09:46 AM
Simpson done better than Williams. Saved 12 penalties in a row.

Ah but wasn't the ball made out of a pigs heid back then? and I am sure it weighed 25kg so travelled slower. Roughie for me.

HIBERNIAN-0762
19-05-2013, 09:51 AM
Goram followed closely by Daniel Andersson, Roughie & Leighton

scoopyboy
19-05-2013, 10:06 AM
i was chatting to a mate about past and present hibs goalkeepers, with goram and leighton being my picks. we then chatted about about other goalies who we admired and he mentioned a lower league player called alistair skillen who used to play for dumbarton, i think. he said he had seen him a couple of times back in the day and he was superb, and it was mentioned about that time skillen might actually come to us. anyone got any info on him as i heard he went onto have a distinguished career in the juniors and is now, ironicially, training hibs youngsters at east mains. can't find anything to back this up tho.

Cannae really mind of Ally playing senior, most of my memories were with him playing for Dunbar Utd.

IIRC he was involved with Tranent after that, can't remember if it was playing or coaching though.

Good goalie and certainly daft enough.

Colinton Hibby
20-05-2013, 09:45 AM
I know big Ali, he's married to a cousin of mine. met him on a few occasions at family do's. he was coaching at Preston Juniors a while back I think. he also had a connection wi' Berwick ,when another cuz of mine was manager James Crease. will try and get more info for you.

aye, that would be great. keen to find out his hibs connection.

gorgie greens
20-05-2013, 12:14 PM
Roughy,Goram,Leighton great,found memories of Big Mike MacDonald kicking a Celtic player in the knackers,also John Budgie saying to Hately in Skol cup semi,go anywhere in the box and I will break your back