PDA

View Full Version : season ticket buying ethics

AgentDaleCooper
17-05-2013, 11:30 AM
i really want to get an ST for next season, as i've been away at uni for 4 years and miss going along regularly...

here's my dilemma - there's no way i can afford the full adult price at the moment as i'm nearly 2k overdrawn, but my student card doesn't expire till the end of next month...is it legit for me to buy a student ST even though i won't actually be one then?

Viva_Palmeiras
17-05-2013, 11:33 AM
Unfortunate but you probably know the answer yourself....

FranckSuzy
17-05-2013, 11:33 AM
i really want to get an ST for next season, as i've been away at uni for 4 years and miss going along regularly...

here's my dilemma - there's no way i can afford the full adult price at the moment as i'm nearly 2k overdrawn, but my student card doesn't expire till the end of next month...is it legit for me to buy a student ST even though i won't actually be one then?

You will be required to produce a valid matric card for the next academic year :aok: Been there, tried that :greengrin

Keith_M
17-05-2013, 12:57 PM
You've got no chance, you need to produce a valid Matric card that covers the whole of next season.

Future17
17-05-2013, 01:08 PM

Theoretically, you could pay for a student ticket now and give yourself until 1 October to save the remainder of the cash needed to pay for a full adult ticket. Basically works out at having to put aside approx. £50 per month.

DH1875
You've got no chance, you need to produce a valid Matric card that covers the whole of next season.

No he doesn't. IF he says he's staying on next year he can take this years card and the club will then give him till the end of October to take in a new card for that year or they'll then cancel the ST. So in effect he'll have the ST till then and if he goes to every home game in that period will still be a lot better off.

SlickShoes
Welcome to paying £400, I can't afford that either and usually end up using money I get at Christmas to get a half season ticket, it's not the same but it's about the best I can do!

HibeeN
17-05-2013, 01:09 PM

:agree: But they didn't actually do this with me for this season! I bought online, picked the "collect from Hibernian" option and thought I'd have to produce the Matric card when I went to collect the ST but they posted it out to me before I got the chance and I've never been asked since! Doesn't matter in my case as I am a student and make sure to take my card to every game just in case, but I don't know if they were just lax in my case, maybe mixed up what they were meant to post out.

Going to be a similar situation for next season - I've bought a student ST through the payment plan but my PhD offer is dependent on funding so come August/Sept I might not be a student any more. (But I will inform them if that's the case!) :greengrin

AgentDaleCooper
17-05-2013, 01:33 PM
Theoretically, you could pay for a student ticket now and give yourself until 1 October to save the remainder of the cash needed to pay for a full adult ticket. Basically works out at having to put aside approx. £50 per month.

cheers, that's a pretty good idea actually. thanks for being constructive :aok:

S4uzee
17-05-2013, 01:46 PM

You will get away with a student ticket this season

marinello59
17-05-2013, 01:48 PM
You will get away with a student ticket this season

That's not what he was asking though. He was asking whether it was right or not.