PDA

View Full Version : Team for the Dundee game?

1875Hibees
16-05-2013, 10:25 PM
What lineup would people like to see. Leigh returning to the starting 11? Another makeshift young team?

Brightside
16-05-2013, 10:27 PM
Hibs Ladies are available. Every chance we could still win.

Sir David Gray
16-05-2013, 10:34 PM
I think we need to pick the team that Pat reckons will be his cup final team, or certainly as close to it as possible.

Vault Boy
16-05-2013, 11:22 PM
I think we need to pick the team that Pat reckons will be his cup final team, or certainly as close to it as possible.

It's important that players that are on the fringe of playing are involved from the start IMO: McGivern, McPake (if fit), Doyle, Caldwell etc.

I think we will play Sparky, but I think it would also be fine to have the likes of him and Harris come off the bench, as they are (injury permitting) bound to be involved in the final. One last real look at Forster is needed too, as he has got himself in real contention for a starting place.

Other than the few needing to prove themselves just a bit more, the team should be made of the definite starters for the final, I agree.

mad giraffe
16-05-2013, 11:30 PM
Should we applaud Dundee onto the park for staying up. Seriously, the hibs team should line up and applaud them on.

JMac
16-05-2013, 11:35 PM
I would go with something along the lines of:
Gk - Williams
Lb - McGivern (If fully fit, if not Stevenson)
Cb - McPake (If fully fit, if not Hanlon)
Cb - Forster
Rb - Maybury
Cm - Robertson
Cm - Taiwo
Cm - Deegan
Lw - Handling
Rw - Doyle
St - Caldwell

For me Williams, Hanlon, Claros, Thomson, Harris and Leigh are the only ones absolutely guaranteed a place

lord bunberry
16-05-2013, 11:41 PM
Should we applaud Dundee onto the park for staying up. Seriously, the hibs team should line up and applaud them on.

I think there should be no segregation for this game so we can all laugh and have a party to celebrate the demise of homfc

iwasthere1972
16-05-2013, 11:55 PM
Reckon we should have a minutes applause on 86 minutes followed by

We are Hibernian FC
We hate jam tarts
But we love Dundee.

IberianHibernian
17-05-2013, 12:03 AM
Doubt Pat will choose what he thinks will be cup final team since he probably doesn`t know final team yet , will want to keep some secrets from our players and Celtic and will want to give young players and others who have dropped out of team a chance . Would be great to finish league with 3 straight wins and to get a home win and 7th means a fair bit of cash compared to 9th if we lose but imagine priority will be avoiding injuries . Killie played a weakened team and Dundee may do the same ( possibly managers even discuss this before despite financial incentives for league placings ) . Doubt performances on Saturday will affect final selection much - Griffiths will play if fit even if he misses 3 penalties against Dundee for example . Hope Eoin Doyle gets chance to score again and get good send off from fans . Chance for other youngsters to get chance - what about the other Doyle ?

Hibeesmad
17-05-2013, 01:45 AM
Murdoch

Maybury
McPake
Forster
McGivern

Spoony
Robertson
Deegan
Cairney

Caldwell
Griffiths

BOB MARLEYS DUG
17-05-2013, 06:56 AM
Murdoch

Donaldson
Forster
Hanlon
Mcgivern

Handling
Robertson
Taiwo
Thomson

Griffiths
Caldwell

Phil MaGlass
17-05-2013, 07:57 AM
Reckon we should have a minutes applause on 86 minutes followed by

We are Hibernian FC
We hate jam tarts
But we love Dundee.

absof,nlutely

keep the faith
17-05-2013, 07:59 AM
I think Sparky will play tomorrow as could well score and i reckon Pat would not mind him going into the final bursting to get that 30th goal!

The Sea-gull
17-05-2013, 08:30 AM
Rest players. Not sure how it works as he might want to give his cup final team some game time but he can work on that in training. Tomorrow's match will resemble a bit of a pre-season/closed door type game anyway in terms of tempo so even if the cup final players all played I'm not sure it would do them that much good and the risk of injury is too high. for me, something like:-

Murdoch

Maybury or Clancy
McPake or Hanlon
Forster
Stevenson

Wotherspoon
Taiwo or Claros (maybe 45 mins each)
Deegan
Cairney

Caldwell
Handling

JimBHibees
17-05-2013, 09:14 AM

Not so sure about that the final is only 8 days away and last thing we need is an injury which could rule out someone. Think we need to be playing guys who need game time such as McGivern. I think if McPake or Clancy arent involved tomorrow they will be struggling to start in the final. It will be interesting to see if Sparky starts also.

My team would be:

Williams

Maybury
Forster
Hanlon
McGivern

Doyle
Claros
Robertson
Done

Caldwell
Handling

calumhibee1
17-05-2013, 09:47 AM
Williams

Maybury
Forster (McPake if fit)
McGivern
Stevenson

Handling
Taiwo
Robertson
Spoony

Sparky
Doyle

Subs
Murdoch
Donaldson
Caldwell
Thomson
Claros
Horribine
Deegan (Forster if McPake is fit)

CapitalHibs
17-05-2013, 11:31 PM
Both Clancy and McPake out tomorrow according to this:

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/live/match-preview/285606/-

Stringer
17-05-2013, 11:53 PM
Mcpake and clancy are clearly out of the final. My final team and for Dundee would be.

Williams (capt)

Maybury Stevenson Forster Hanlon McGivern

Doyle Thompson Taiwo Harris

Griffiths

SteveHFC
17-05-2013, 11:55 PM
I think we should let Dundee win this game.:wink:

CapitalHibs
17-05-2013, 11:58 PM
Mcpake and clancy are clearly out of the final. My final team and Dundee team would be.

Williams (capt)

Maybury Forster Hanlon McGivern

Harris Claros Taiwo Thompson

Doyle

Griffiths

I'd agree with that team, hopefully with Doyle and Harris playing wide when attacking in a 4-3-3. McPake and Clancy will both miss the final, unless Pat is playing mind games wi the celtc?

God Petrie
18-05-2013, 12:20 AM
Kidd

Kidd Kidd Kidd Kidd

Kidd Kidd Kidd Kidd

Kidd Kidd

007 Mickey Weir
18-05-2013, 06:15 AM
Would maybe rest Maybury. 3 games in a week. Play Stevenson at RB with McGivern at LB.

Same goes with Thomson.

But other than that should be cup final team.

PatHead
18-05-2013, 11:43 AM
Can't seem to find a matchday thread. Just setting off to the game. Wonder how many players will be risked?