PDA

View Full Version : Buses booked into Shettleston Juniors club

Seven Zero
15-05-2013, 01:48 PM
Does anybody know of any buses booked into the Shettelston Juniours Club for the final as I was told it opens at 11am but I phoned and they say they are unsure just now as their special license isn't thru yet. Anybody in the know of what the story is??

clerriehibs
15-05-2013, 02:44 PM
Does anybody know of any buses booked into the Shettelston Juniours Club for the final as I was told it opens at 11am but I phoned and they say they are unsure just now as their special license isn't thru yet. Anybody in the know of what the story is??

Call shettleston; get from the horse's mouth; oh - you already did ... ;-)

Albanian Hibs
15-05-2013, 02:56 PM
We were there last year. Was a nightmare getting served. You had to queue to buy drink tokens then you had to queue again to buy the drink. Thank god we are booked in somewhere else this time.

Ken
15-05-2013, 03:17 PM
Our 2 buses are there this year....sounds like a nightmare :(

hungryhibs
15-05-2013, 03:19 PM
a was there at the semi final it was open early but you could not get drinks as it was 2 early (10 am) for drink but you could go 2 the shops and get a carry out and they hand no problems with that we are going back for the final should be the same case

southfieldhibby
15-05-2013, 03:23 PM
I'd strongly advise against going there, if last year was standard...queue to get tokens,queue to get beer.Bogs were minging and they crammed far too many in.

southfieldhibby
15-05-2013, 03:39 PM
I felt sorry for the poor family using the function room inside.
I wonder if the club bothered to tell them that there'd be thousands of fans crammed inside and outside.
Awful venue, this year's looks superb!

The toilets in particular were minging.I'm not taking my bus to the bounce venue, but aye, it looks like a significant upgrade on last years.

Seven Zero
15-05-2013, 04:00 PM
a was there at the semi final it was open early but you could not get drinks as it was 2 early (10 am) for drink but you could go 2 the shops and get a carry out and they hand no problems with that we are going back for the final should be the same case

Any ideas what time you are going there for this time? I was there last year and didnt have a problem with it, thought it was really good. This year there is nothing on inside so inside will be a cash bar which will be better aswell.

SurferRosa
15-05-2013, 04:03 PM
I'd strongly advise against going there, if last year was standard...queue to get tokens,queue to get beer.Bogs were minging and they crammed far too many in.

This. The toilets were actually the showers and they were continually running out of tokens which meant standing and jockeying for position for ages.....then the same again to get a pint. A nightmare.

Was a great rendition of SOL at the end though...:agree:

hibsforeurope
15-05-2013, 08:07 PM
Looking to book a bus of around 40-50 in somewhere. Can anyone recommend a decent place that will be open at 11?

18/03/07
15-05-2013, 08:49 PM
Looking to book a bus of around 40-50 in somewhere. Can anyone recommend a decent place that will be open at 11?
Harley sky bar rutherglen

wearethehibs
15-05-2013, 09:46 PM
I was there last year. It was horrible. On the plus side if you walk a minute to shettlestons high street theres a nice wee bar there.

.Sean.
15-05-2013, 11:11 PM
Ah Shettleston. Pishing in the grottiest showers in Glasgow, standing in a chilly field and waiting 25 minutes for a plastic cup of warm cider. Glad we're elsewhere this year!

Nelly070
16-05-2013, 09:37 AM
Ive just spoken to Shettleston Juniors and they seem to have learned their lesson from last year, which was backed up by some Jambos I know who went there for the League cup final.

Importantly they have capped numbers, so only buses that are booked in will be allowed entry this year, there is no marquee in the field as they have taken the sensible decision not to have any other functions on in the club. So Hibs fans have the run of the full club. :thumbsup:

HibeeMassive
16-05-2013, 09:57 AM
Harley sky bar rutherglen

Won't that be a sellick boozer this year, given we're at the opposite end?

Hibernia Na Eir
16-05-2013, 10:52 AM
was there last year, its pathetic.

Enjoy the queues! I told the staff what i thought about the place before i left and make no apologies. Poorly run, money grabbers :agree:

andrew70
16-05-2013, 10:54 AM
Won't that be a sellick boozer this year, given we're at the opposite end?

No mate, I have my bus booked in there as well. Very well looked after in there.

Seven Zero
16-05-2013, 12:03 PM
Ive just spoken to Shettleston Juniors and they seem to have learned their lesson from last year, which was backed up by some Jambos I know who went there for the League cup final.

Importantly they have capped numbers, so only buses that are booked in will be allowed entry this year, there is no marquee in the field as they have taken the sensible decision not to have any other functions on in the club. So Hibs fans have the run of the full club. :thumbsup:

Good stuff, Did they say if they had their license thru yet for 11am opening time? I had this feeling when I phoned them and spoke to the boy there that he was just guessing that it would be 11 and have us wait around til 12:30 for a drink.

munchar
16-05-2013, 04:45 PM
Good stuff, Did they say if they had their license thru yet for 11am opening time? I had this feeling when I phoned them and spoke to the boy there that he was just guessing that it would be 11 and have us wait around til 12:30 for a drink.

After reading these posts yesterday, and having my bus booked in there, I phoned and asked a few questions. Girl on the phone wasn't sure, but thought the bar opened at 12:30!!! :boo hoo:

I phoned back this morning to speak with guy who deals with bookings.
He told me this:
1. There is NO functions booked in, and so we have the WHOLE place to ourselves. :hug:
2. They were selling tokens for the marquee outside. No marquee, no tokens! :thumbsup:
3. All bars will be open, as will little made up tables/mini bars selling bottled beer for quickness. :party:
4. The bars will open at 11. :cheers:
5. There will be NO :brokenyam: at hampden!!! :pfgwa

Nelly070
16-05-2013, 09:26 PM
A few Jambo friends were there at the League cup final a few months back and said it was really good, so hopefully they have learned from last year.

Seven Zero
16-05-2013, 11:17 PM
After reading these posts yesterday, and having my bus booked in there, I phoned and asked a few questions. Girl on the phone wasn't sure, but thought the bar opened at 12:30!!! :boo hoo:

I phoned back this morning to speak with guy who deals with bookings.
He told me this:
1. There is NO functions booked in, and so we have the WHOLE place to ourselves. :hug:
2. They were selling tokens for the marquee outside. No marquee, no tokens! :thumbsup:
3. All bars will be open, as will little made up tables/mini bars selling bottled beer for quickness. :party:
4. The bars will open at 11. :cheers:
5. There will be NO :brokenyam: at hampden!!! :pfgwa

Happy Days! Lets hope that this is the case. The mini bars selling bottled beer sounds alot better, thats where I shall be for the duration of the day! Heading thru there for around 10:30 so will have a wee beer or 2 in that garden outside until the Hibees Bounce comences inside :D Cant wait for the day to come now!