PDA

View Full Version : Michael Stewart

poolman
15-05-2013, 11:31 AM
Calls Levein "sleekit" :greengrin

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4927871/Michael-Stewart-Dictator-Levein-wanted-robots.html

Just something we already knew though :agree:

15-05-2013, 11:37 AM
I can't stand that wee jambo prick, Michael Stewart!

One of the main trouble makers in the dressing room during the John Collins era. Never really hid dislike for hibs. I recall when we won the cup back in 2007 on the open top bus parade whilst the players where standing up applauding and celebrating with the fans, that wee prick steward was sat down with his arms folded with a face like a smacked arse!

:jamboclow

bigwheel
15-05-2013, 11:45 AM
I liked him as a player. He could blow a little hot and cold, but when he was on , he could dominate a game...probably not a popular opinion , but I quite like him as a pundit so far too...

givescotlandfreedom
15-05-2013, 01:17 PM
I like the way he pretends he was a proper Man United player.

Peevemor
15-05-2013, 01:22 PM

Exactly what I was thinking - I also like how all the hot-head malarky that was never his fault.

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2013, 01:30 PM
I can't stand that wee jambo prick, Michael Stewart!

One of the main trouble makers in the dressing room during the John Collins era. Never really hid dislike for hibs. I recall when we won the cup back in 2007 on the open top bus parade whilst the players where standing up applauding and celebrating with the fans, that wee prick steward was sat down with his arms folded with a face like a smacked arse!

:jamboclow

Was he, and was it as bad as some folk make out, it seems Stewart and Collins play golf together now?

Collins did not seem to be that bothered about the players going to see Petrie, he even mentioned it had nothing to do with him leaving after he left.

I know Stewart did not celebrate, and i cant understand that especially when its the only winners medal he ever won.

Future17
15-05-2013, 01:32 PM
Not the best footage or angle, but this goal is up there with the best I've seen at ER.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KJcB-xv5XA

rainman
15-05-2013, 01:35 PM
Not sure about the bus part but saw he was disappointed about not playing in the final. From reorts at the time, he felt like a "spare part" celebrating when he hadn't played.

As far as I'm concerned, Stewart did more for Hibs than a lot of players since then. For a Jambo, he's had very little to say against Hibs since he left. A lot less than some "die-hard Hibbies" he played with at the time, some since returning.

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2013, 01:36 PM
Not sure about the bus part but saw he was disappointed about not playing in the final. From reorts at the time, he felt like a "spare part" celebrating when he hadn't played.

As far as I'm concerned, Stewart did more for Hibs than a lot of players since then. For a Jambo, he's had very little to say against Hibs since he left. A lot less than some "die-hard Hibbies" he played with at the time, some since returning.

:agree:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
15-05-2013, 01:49 PM
Not the best footage or angle, but this goal is up there with the best I've seen at ER.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KJcB-xv5XA

It wis a shinny! :greengrin

Sergio sledge
15-05-2013, 01:51 PM
I liked him as a player, he was part of the best midfield at Hibs for years. I also think he is pretty fair as a pundit and decent so far.

I don't know what part he played in the dressing room unrest, so can't comment on that.

Like O'Connor and Riordan I think it is a shame to see him in virtual retirement when he is only 32 years old.

snooky
15-05-2013, 02:10 PM

Agreed. For a jambo he has, to the best of my knowledge, never shown any disrespect to Hibs, unlike several others.

Holmesdale Hibs
15-05-2013, 02:47 PM
I recall when we won the cup back in 2007 on the open top bus parade whilst the players where standing up applauding and celebrating with the fans, that wee prick steward was sat down with his arms folded with a face like a smacked arse!

I have a photo of the cup final team on the pitch and he looks well pissed off in that. To be fair, I think it was because he wasn't playing and not because he dislikes Hibs. Still funny though.

I agree with bigwheel - he was a decent player and quite like him as a pundit.

cam75
15-05-2013, 02:47 PM

Not watched it but I would be thinking v the dons,edge of the box,it was a cracking goal.

jacomo
15-05-2013, 02:49 PM

:agree: He fluked it.

Golden Bear
15-05-2013, 02:54 PM
He had a sour pus all day when we won the CIS Insurance Cup and seemed to be almost resentful of the victory. Having said that, he comes across as being one of the more fair minded and knowledgeable pundits when he appears on TV.

leithsansiro
15-05-2013, 03:05 PM
"Too many brains in his feet", according to Ferguson. Having gone to school with Mikey, I couldn't disagree more. Had the swagger of a Big Time Charlie and a temperment to match. Total arse, but was a decent player on the pitch. The fact that he's perceived as an intelligent pundit says more about his fellow pundits than about him.

Lago
15-05-2013, 04:56 PM
I liked him as a player, he was part of the best midfield at Hibs for years. I also think he is pretty fair as a pundit and decent so far.

I don't know what part he played in the dressing room unrest, so can't comment on that.

Like O'Connor and Riordan I think it is a shame to see him in virtual retirement when he is only 32 years old.
Agree!!

Phil D. Rolls
15-05-2013, 05:09 PM

He was paid as one. ;)

GlenrothesHibee
15-05-2013, 05:29 PM
Good player, good pundit tbh. His goal against sheep was was a thing of beauty. Even though he is a Jambo i always felt he gave 100% and did well for us. No complaints about him really

weonlywon6-2
15-05-2013, 05:43 PM

Thought he was very honest after the match on Sunday saying we were magic and they were pish!!!

hibsbollah
15-05-2013, 06:16 PM
I thought it was prtty classless him saying that nobody rated Ben Williams 'when i was at Man UŽ' because he was rubbish at crosses. Ben will achieve more in his career and be more respected than Stewart ever will,IMO.

Still, for his hilarious tantrum and fallover in the tunnel vs Hamilton (which has disappeared from youtube, sadly), i like him :greengrin

Greentinted
15-05-2013, 06:21 PM
Maybe against the grain here: although quite liked him as a player tbh, he's a piss poor pundit who is nowhere near as articulate as he clearly thinks he is.
Does get a plus point for giving it straight about Potter though.

leither17
15-05-2013, 06:43 PM
I thought it was prtty classless him saying that nobody rated Ben Williams 'when i was at Man UŽ' because he was rubbish at crosses. Ben will achieve more in his career and be more respected than Stewart ever will,IMO.

Still, for his hilarious tantrum and fallover in the tunnel vs Hamilton (which has disappeared from youtube, sadly), i like him :greengrin

Was a bit of a cheap shot that

SaulGoodman
15-05-2013, 06:48 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhC31VUOQeY
Enjoy :wink:

hibsbollah
15-05-2013, 06:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhC31VUOQeY
Enjoy :wink:

Wonderful :aok:

I solemnly promise if i ever meet him in real life i will act out that 10 seconds on front of him :agree:

Onceinawhile
15-05-2013, 07:33 PM
I remember when we beat rangers 1-0 at ibrox and murph scored a header. He was celebrating with a huge smile, then mikey Stewart came over and his face dropped. It was hilarious.

His goal vs Aberdeen was a peach. I think that was also the game that started his vomit on the pitch syndrome.

clerriehibs
15-05-2013, 07:48 PM
Wonderful :aok:

I solemnly promise if i ever meet him in real life i will act out that 10 seconds on front of him :agree:

Hmmm .... think you need to have played for MAN UTD to reach that level of ability.

Viva_Palmeiras
15-05-2013, 07:56 PM
I love the fact he seems to have saved his best football for Hibs.

A lack of class with the sensationalist comments. Anyone can be deliberately controversial bless him but he doesn't appear to be able to back it up with a decent command of the English language ;) but fair play I'd be rubbish on telly.

lord bunberry
15-05-2013, 08:20 PM
Maybe against the grain here: although quite liked him as a player tbh, he's a piss poor pundit who is nowhere near as articulate as he clearly thinks he is.
Does get a plus point for giving it straight about Potter though.

I agree, too many pundits think they are intelligent if they say "very much so" rather than yes . I've never really liked him he flattered to deceive most of the time