PDA

View Full Version : Zaliukas in 'Hibs Obsession' Embarrassment

cabbageandribs1875
14-05-2013, 11:53 PM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4928067/Hearts-After-7-years-as-a-Jambo-Marius-has-a-plea-for-Lockey.html

MARIUS ZALIUKAS will bring down the curtain on seven rollercoaster years at Hearts on Saturday.

I wanted to come on so badly against Hibs because I have been here for seven years and the place is so special for me.
“I don’t know if I could have stopped Hibs’ winner because I wanted to go on as a striker!”
Zaliukas enjoys a hate-hate relationship with Hibs. They hate him and the feeling is mutual.
He didn’t hesitate for a second when asked for the highlight of his eventful period at Hearts — last season’s 5-1 Scottish Cup triumph.
When asked to pick out his favourite moment, he smiled: “The 19th of May is obviously the highlight. I remember for the last 40 minutes of the game I was preparing myself to lift the cup.
“It was a great day for everyone. We just dominated all the time and whenever we played Hibs we dominated, so everyone was confident.”

wtf is it wae that t*t scatchell(in the past) and this tw@t sallyookas that they feel they have to endear themselves to hertz fans by telling papers that they hate Hibs ? :rolleyes: all they achieve is to look like bitter F***** maroon bell-ends

there truly is a huge gap in the difference between Hibs class...and very little class whatsoever at the pink asbestos arena

Makaveli
14-05-2013, 11:58 PM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4928067/Hearts-After-7-years-as-a-Jambo-Marius-has-a-plea-for-Lockey.html

MARIUS ZALIUKAS will bring down the curtain on seven rollercoaster years at Hearts on Saturday.

I wanted to come on so badly against Hibs because I have been here for seven years and the place is so special for me.
“I don’t know if I could have stopped Hibs’ winner because I wanted to go on as a striker!”
Zaliukas enjoys a hate-hate relationship with Hibs. They hate him and the feeling is mutual.
He didn’t hesitate for a second when asked for the highlight of his eventful period at Hearts — last season’s 5-1 Scottish Cup triumph.
When asked to pick out his favourite moment, he smiled: “The 19th of May is obviously the highlight. I remember for the last 40 minutes of the game I was preparing myself to lift the cup.
“It was a great day for everyone. We just dominated all the time and whenever we played Hibs we dominated, so everyone was confident.”

wtf is it wae that t*t scatchell(in the past) and this tw@t sallyookas that they feel they have to endear themselves to hertz fans by telling papers that they hate Hibs ? :rolleyes: all they achieve is to look like bitter F***** maroon bell-ends

there truly is a huge gap in the difference between Hibs class...and very little class whatsoever at the pink asbestos arena

Interviews with ex-Hibs players: "I'll always love Hibs."

Interviews with ex-hertz players: "I'll always hate Hibs."

Weirdos.

matty_f
15-05-2013, 12:11 AM
Did he mention his goal to knock them out the cup this season?

Just about wanted to give him a hug masel' for that one.

Pete
15-05-2013, 12:21 AM
Yes Marius you are correct, that day is "In the history books".

As for it "Not making up for anything"....That's for us to judge.

Maybe when he's an old man looking back at his career he will realise how hollow and fake the whole hearts "thing" has been from the mid nineties to "that day in May". He probably won't but who cares. The future belongs to us.

Scrub that...the present and the future belongs to us and this City is ours.

Hibs7
15-05-2013, 06:48 AM
The bit that will never sink in to big Zali is that he played a big part in the death of HoMFC with his over the top wages ... Maybe he should be reminded of that " won a cup but killed a club"

3pm
15-05-2013, 06:59 AM
'I was preparing myself to lift the cup'.

What does the preparation include?!

'Look ya big clumsy ****. You normally get a red against them so first thing is to stay on the park. Now when it's time to get the big cup, there's a about 17 steps you need to walk up. Do you think you can do that without tripping over yer big clown feet ya big clumsy ****? Now when they pass the big cup to you, put it above your head and say something remotely interesting in English. Can you manage? Now do not drop it ya big, clumsy ****....right? Now, all that is left is toget down the steps again. Take Webster's hand ya big, clumsy ****. We'll tell you what cameras to look at. OK?'

Chewbacca noise made by the big, clumsy **** in acknoledgement.

#FromTheCapital
15-05-2013, 07:09 AM
Zaliukas seems to take the same tone as most kickback posters in that interview he's obviously been brainwashed by his time at hearts. Another one who is struggling to come to terms with defeat on Sunday.

Anyway cheers for the goals 'Zal' we'll never forget you :aok:

God Petrie
15-05-2013, 07:35 AM
Cheers for the goal in this years cup zaliukas. You aren't so great when your miserable little dead club has to play by the rules.

Also thanks for taking an exorbitant wage and contributing to Hearts death.

truehibernian
15-05-2013, 07:50 AM
Cheers for the goal in this years cup zaliukas. You aren't so great when your miserable little dead club has to play by the rules.

Also thanks for taking an exorbitant wage and contributing to Hearts death.

Personally I think we should be erecting a statue of David Obua for taking them for around £500,000 a year :greengrin:agree:

With MBE's for Pinilla, Beslija and Kingston too :greengrin

matty_f
15-05-2013, 07:56 AM
Personally I think we should be erecting a statue of David Obua for taking them for around £500,000 a year :greengrin:agree:

With MBE's for Pinilla, Beslija and Kingston too :greengrin

Let's not ever forget Nade as well, if I can say that without being racist.

Hibercelona
15-05-2013, 07:58 AM
Let's not ever forget Nade as well, if I can say that without being racist.

And Kingston....

Or shi.... i'm being racist again.

hibsbollah
15-05-2013, 08:06 AM
http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/zaliukas-hibs-can-t-erase-5-1-with-cup-win-1-2928427

What a cringeworthy article :hilarious

Danderhall Hibs
15-05-2013, 08:12 AM
I reckon the reason why they're not concerned about going down the pan is because it's hating Hibs that matters to them, not supporting Hearts.

Gatecrasher
15-05-2013, 08:13 AM
I reckon the reason why they're not concerned about going down the pan is because it's hating Hibs that matters to them, not supporting Hearts.
:agree: as long as they have 5-1 the future of their club doesn't matter. (or so it seems)

JollyGreenGiant
15-05-2013, 08:14 AM
Can't believe the Yams are all missing the point. All Caldwell said was that the balance of power was swinging towards Hibs now.

He never said anything about being better or more successful than them, only that the balance is being re-addressed.

Why are they all so thick?

God Petrie
15-05-2013, 08:16 AM
He's right in that we'll never get to beat them in a cup final....they'll be dead.

Jim44
15-05-2013, 08:18 AM
I've just read it and can't believe his infatuation and insincerity. He has constantly raved on about his undying love for them etc. etc. yet he refuses to do the one thing that might back up his pathetic, adolescent rants ........... Play for them.

Mister P
15-05-2013, 08:19 AM
What a dobber!

On the flip side, I doubt Caldwells comments were entirely innocent, I'm sure a wee bit of it was designed to get them to bite. Go on wee man....1 up.

carnoustiehibee
15-05-2013, 08:20 AM
" There’s nothing they can do. They would need to beat us 5-1 in a final. It’s impossible"

Of course it is Zal, cause Hearts will be deed. And your 10k a week helped in their demise.

Cheers ya big puddin!!

Treadstone
15-05-2013, 08:22 AM
Article coulld have been replaced with "Look at me I'm a big Jambo. Please like me"

P.S. Tommy Tommy gets under their skin more than that big tube got under ours.

DaveF
15-05-2013, 08:25 AM
Good grief. Has it really got this bad that 'Zal' is trotting out this desperate guff :greengrin

Cheers for the OG's big man. Yer a legend :thumbsup:

cabbageandribs1875
15-05-2013, 08:27 AM
Interviews with ex-Hibs players: "I'll always love Hibs."

Interviews with ex-hertz players: "I'll always hate Hibs."

Weirdos.

it really is quite bizarre :agree: i've never read anywhere else over the years of any other football clubs players and fans being so obsessed with another football club, i'm convinced they must see us as a real danger to their poxy little club, maybe they should concentrate more on the happenings at their own club instead of others, we should maybe be flattered but in fact it's really quite scary :paranoid:

truehibernian
15-05-2013, 08:30 AM
Leaves Hearts and Tynecastle last Sunday waving to a sprinkling of dejected home fans, bored G4S stewards and staff tidying up, his team on the end of a last minute defeat to Hibs - karma, I'm a huge believer in it :agree:

Hibercelona
15-05-2013, 08:37 AM
I love that man.

He's stripped Hearts of millions and continues to do so.

All he has to do is show his undeniable hatred towards Hibs every now and then and he maintains "legendary" status to these clowns.

Long may it continue and long may he keep sucking them dry until they're dead.

Kojock
15-05-2013, 08:45 AM
" There’s nothing they can do. They would need to beat us 5-1 in a final. It’s impossible"

Of course it is Zal, cause Hearts will be deed. And your 10k a week helped in their demise.

Cheers ya big puddin!!

Pedant alert : it should be DEID

Saw a guy on Sunday with "He's Deed" printed on the back of his Hibs top and I really wanted to point it out to him. :wink:

DEID - adj

a Scot word for dead

DEED - n.

1. Something that is carried out; an act or action.
2. A usually praiseworthy act; a feat or exploit.
3. Action or performance in general: Deeds, not words, matter most.
4. Law A document sealed as an instrument of bond, contract, or conveyance, especially relating to property.

EdinMike
15-05-2013, 08:45 AM
I didn't realise he was the voice and representative of Hibernian supporters ?! When did that happen !? :confused:

calumhibee1
15-05-2013, 08:46 AM
What a strange article. If we win the cup this year, it won't matter because Hearts beat us last year. Sure thing Zal, I think the Hibs support will be the judge of whether it matters or not.

scottp1875
15-05-2013, 09:19 AM
Love the fact that he thinks people thought he used to be a bombscare. Funny haven't seen anything to make me think that he ever changed. Yeh wish you had came on as a sub as you would have either scored an og, red carded or gave us a pen, possibly all 3.

marinello59
15-05-2013, 09:21 AM
Footballing mercenary tries to win favour of fans by showing that he is just as bitter and twisted as them. It's laughable how much they tell us they don't care then hide behind the shield of 5-1.

matty_f
15-05-2013, 09:29 AM
What a guy. Papped his own team out the cup. Good work fella.

CorrieHibs
15-05-2013, 09:30 AM
It made me laugh, you could tell just by reading it he was getting angry talking about us!

And they say they aren’t obsessed with us, their outgoing captain proves they are! They are that obsessed I think we should get a restraining order placed on them lol

He did make a good point ''Hibs will never recover from their 5-1 Cup Final defeat by the Jambos''

Yeh sure Zal!, think thats 5 in a row ya fud!

Glorious
15-05-2013, 09:34 AM
Read this earlier and only 2 words came to mind:
Hearts class.

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-05-2013, 09:36 AM
Theres probably a shrine to the tw@t in Brauhaus

oconnors_strip
15-05-2013, 09:42 AM
Nothing will ever erase that day for me but if we win the cup I'm not going to say anything about last year

Hate Zal but also love him for his ogs and awful performance and also drying his beloved club dry

poolman
15-05-2013, 09:43 AM
http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/zaliukas-hibs-can-t-erase-5-1-with-cup-win-1-2928427

What a cringeworthy article :hilarious

:dummytit:

Typical Yam............A brainless dimwitted ork who's still at the "mummy where's your nipples" stage

Teapot
15-05-2013, 09:44 AM
I would love to think that for the rest of his life he loses sleep remembering the fact that HE scored the goal that started Hibernian fc's greatest ever cup runs which culminated in us winning the competition.

15-05-2013, 09:51 AM
The guy is the most cringeworthy, laughable, hibs obsessed no mark!

Hearts are financially ****ed, they haven't beaten the so called wee team in 5 attempts this season, knocked out of their "special cup" by the wee team, beat in the wee cup final but a team even worse than them, no big cup final to look forward too, finish below the "wee team", more key players leaving in the summer etc etc.

But awck well all is absolutely great because oh 5-1 and 1902 eh :aok:

5-1 doesn't hurt me anymore, in fact everytime one of those little cretins give me the 5-1 gesture it makes me laugh, because they are hiding behind 5-1 to hide their hurt. Let them hide behind 5-1 and 1902 because the more they do and the more they fail to live in the reality their club is just going to continue to plumit !

:ostrich:

15-05-2013, 09:54 AM
Theres probably a shrine to the tw@t in Brauhaus

:agree: Him and Barr have done a fantastic job of demonstrating hearts class in the last couple of days.

Their players and fans are have an extremly unhealthy over obssession of us.

Viva_Palmeiras
15-05-2013, 10:02 AM
Thanks Zal.

As Ian Brown sang I Glasgow Green 9th June 1990 (evening of Hands Off Hibs ER Rally)...

"The past was yours but the future's mine..."

Sir David Gray
15-05-2013, 10:36 AM
If we beat Celtic on the 26th May and lift the cup, it will have been Zaliukas' own goal in the first round at Easter Road that will have helped us on our way to winning the cup for the first time in over 100 years.

It would be in the history books, he couldn't change anything. There would be nothing he could do, it would be impossible. There would be no way back.

That own goal also helped Hearts become the first club in living memory to be eliminated from the Scottish Cup in the same calendar year that they won it.

Once again, it's in the history books, he can't change anything. There's nothing he can do, it's impossible. There's no way back.

If we win the cup this year, Marius Zaliukas will forever be remembered as the man who started it all off.

Cheers big man! :aok:

Beefster
15-05-2013, 10:45 AM
All the protesting just shows how much they're hurting.

EdinMike
15-05-2013, 10:57 AM
If we beat Celtic on the 26th May and lift the cup, it will have been Zaliukas' own goal in the first round at Easter Road that will have helped us on our way to winning the cup for the first time in over 100 years.

It would be in the history books, he couldn't change anything. There would be nothing he could do, it would be impossible. There would be no way back.

That own goal also helped Hearts become the first club in living memory to be eliminated from the Scottish Cup in the same calendar year that they won it.

Once again, it's in the history books, he can't change anything. There's nothing he can do, it's impossible. There's no way back.

If we win the cup this year, Marius Zaliukas will forever be remembered as the man who started it all off.

Me thinks that's why he's hurting so badly, and If we win It. I'de put him on suicide watch...

Onion
15-05-2013, 11:03 AM
What a strange article. If we win the cup this year, it won't matter because Hearts beat us last year. Sure thing Zal, I think the Hibs support will be the judge of whether it matters or not.

:top marks THIS. His comments are the kind of thing you hear in a primary school playground - believes that if you say something often enough and loud enough it somehow becomes more important and the definitive truth. Back in the real world, this is little more than a deflection from the hard fact that Hearts are on the slide and heading towards a brick wall, while Hibs road to recovery continues with yet another Cup Final.

Hearts fascination with Hibs is verging on pervy :worried:

SaulGoodman
15-05-2013, 11:32 AM
“I don’t know if Hibs would have still scored their [late Ross Caldwell] goal – I wanted to play as a striker! Maybe if I had come on for those minutes then I would have scored.

No offence to the laddie, but what a ****ing diddy

15-05-2013, 11:33 AM
Whilst we are on the subject of hibs obsessed hearts fans, has anyone seen the parody twitter account @thereal_romanov? Absolutely OBSESSED with hibs, we clearly are a massive thorn in his side. EVERY tweet he produces involves having a dig at hibs, never anything about his own club. Its hibs this and hibs that and 5-1 this and 1902 etc etc etc.

Its hilarious! He is clearly hurting after sunday as he has has been even more busy with the hibs tweets than normal. A very sad, pathetic existance.

Just_Jimmy
15-05-2013, 11:38 AM
If we win the cup does Zal get a medal for his wonder strike in the early round which dumped him beloved yams out?

PerfectlyFranck
15-05-2013, 11:40 AM
Cheers Zal!

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/64516000/jpg/_64516001_hibsgoal_sns.jpg

ColintonHibs
15-05-2013, 11:47 AM
What a gimp. Completely deluded

poolman
15-05-2013, 11:48 AM
Cheers Zal!

http://i42.tinypic.com/2gtt4cy.jpg

15-05-2013, 11:53 AM
Cheers Zal!

What a moment :thumbsup: I was in the east and the whole place just went absolutely insane!

:flag:

TheMentalHibees
15-05-2013, 11:54 AM
I think the phrase "rat deserting a sinking ship" is very apt in relation to this wallaper.

JohnStephens91
15-05-2013, 12:15 PM
He hates Hibs so much he apparently tries to 'bump' into the backroom staff whenever he can at a derby. Absolute fanny, hope he snaps his ankle again, he is a ****my man. Not surprised he is Hibs obsessed, he needs to do something to help the Hearts fans not realise how distinctly average a player he is and how prone he is to a gaffe. Chode.

hibeedonald
15-05-2013, 12:22 PM

Pretty sure it will still be Wotherspoon that goes down in the history books, they changed it after the game.

hibee92
15-05-2013, 12:31 PM
Event: Hibs reach another Scottish Cup final. Hearts NOT involved.
Barry/Zal: But... 5-1... 1902... Big team...

HIBERNIAN-0762
15-05-2013, 12:33 PM
Just goes to show the real object of the yam season, just to beat us, nothing else matters, WTF is wrong with them up there?

What a tit!

givescotlandfreedom
15-05-2013, 12:51 PM
When McPake lifts the cup in two weeks it'll be Zal's goal that put us on our way to it.

Libby Hibby
15-05-2013, 01:18 PM
Quite simply, regardless that it's a Hearts article about Hibs, the worst piece of journalism I think I have ever read.

A complete and utter non story, a page filler on a slow sports news day.

The hurt of last year is dwindling but I will never forget how bad that day was for me and my family, if Hibs manage to win it this year, of course we will never forget last year, the same as we never forget 0-7, 6-2 but it matters not, if we win it, all they Jambo Bassa's will get to hear about it!!!

SlickShoes
15-05-2013, 01:29 PM
If we win the cup, I'll buy a hibs top and get Zaliukas 1-0 on the back, if we end the 100 and whatever year hoodoo partly because of his stonking OG then I think it's only fair he is remembered for that.

Sunny1875
15-05-2013, 02:00 PM
“I don’t know if Hibs would have still scored their [late Ross Caldwell] goal – I wanted to play as a striker! Maybe if I had come on for those minutes then I would have scored.

No offence to the laddie, but what a ****ing diddy

My 10 year old say's similar things after his games, "If I had been in that position" or "If I had done this" It's forgivable coming from a 10 year old but Zalumpus sounds like a complete walloper

SaulGoodman
15-05-2013, 02:05 PM
My 10 year old say's similar things after his games, "If I had been in that position" or "If I had done this" It's forgivable coming from a 10 year old but Zalumpus sounds like a complete walloper

:agree: it would have even been acceptable for a Striker or midfielder to say that..

Not a centre half :faf:

LeithBoozy
15-05-2013, 02:19 PM
it really is quite bizarre :agree: i've never read anywhere else over the years of any other football clubs players and fans being so obsessed with another football club, i'm convinced they must see us as a real danger to their poxy little club, maybe they should concentrate more on the happenings at their own club instead of others, we should maybe be flattered but in fact it's really quite scary :paranoid: Time is fast approaching for us to take-out a restraining order against them. :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
15-05-2013, 03:21 PM
Time is fast approaching for us to take-out a restraining order against them. :greengrin

they would just toss the restraining order next to the pile of sex offences that are in abundance at the pink palace :agree:

NAE NOOKIE
15-05-2013, 06:13 PM
This is a player who, lets face it, hardly ever ended up on the wrong side of a result in derby matches, so why the utter hatred for Hibs.

Once again the question has to be asked ..... what is it about the Yams that makes them hate us so much? Hibs v Hearts has always been a passionate rivalry .... but so is Dundee v Dundee Utd or Celtic v Rangers, Liverpool v Everton ... the list is endless. But I dont think I've even heard a Celtic or Rangers player spout so much bile and hatred for the opposition.

Its good to know that for all the 23s in a row or 4 - 0s or 1 - 5s that no matter what happens we continue to get on their tits.

That makes me happy ..... :thumbsup:

seven nowt
15-05-2013, 06:50 PM
Wee team syndrome.. to be honest it seems like weak, loser talk..!!

EH6 Hibby
15-05-2013, 07:15 PM
This is a player who, lets face it, hardly ever ended up on the wrong side of a result in derby matches, so why the utter hatred for Hibs.

Once again the question has to be asked ..... what is it about the Yams that makes them hate us so much? Hibs v Hearts has always been a passionate rivalry .... but so is Dundee v Dundee Utd or Celtic v Rangers, Liverpool v Everton ... the list is endless. But I dont think I've even heard a Celtic or Rangers player spout so much bile and hatred for the opposition.

Its good to know that for all the 23s in a row or 4 - 0s or 1 - 5s that no matter what happens we continue to get on their tits.

I've often wondered where their irrational hatred for us comes from too. I really don't get it. I'm a five foot nothing woman and had a six foot odd hearts fan literally scream "vermin" in my face for absolutely no reason other than I was going into the Hibs end.

I dislike the "believers" and the idiots that post on kickback and I find it impossible to have a conversation about football with a hearts fan but I don't hate really them and I find the hatred on kickback much worse than on here.

clerriehibs
15-05-2013, 07:40 PM
I've often wondered where their irrational hatred for us comes from too. I really don't get it. I'm a five foot nothing woman and had a six foot odd hearts fan literally scream "vermin" in my face for absolutely no reason other than I was going into the Hibs end.

I dislike the "believers" and the idiots that post on kickback and I find it impossible to have a conversation about football with a hearts fan but I don't hate really them and I find the hatred on kickback much worse than on here.

Something to do with Mob Psychology ... so many of them bought into romanov that it became the norm. Because it became the norm, it's difficult for them to speak out against him. And then the barriers go up, and the anger simmers away inside their mental fortress.

FromTheCapital
15-05-2013, 07:56 PM
The guy's an idiot.
Preparing to leave his 'beloved' club, so maybe you would be expecting an article about his time at Hearts but instead just spits out drivel about us.
They got so big headed after the cup final and just can't seem to take it that there's been a power shift between the two clubs.
The 19th of May made Hibs a better club because that's when everyone realised 100% that there were many, many changes to be made at the club and if that day did ruin any club it would be them. They wasted cash and wages on players that they could not afford to buy or keep and are now paying for it.
We're in another Cup final, we're finacially decent and we've got a couple of very good players who we may have a hope of keeping whereas they're finacially ruined, the only team to win the Scottish Cup and go out it in the same season and have a squad of terrible excuses for footballer players (Sutton, Ngoo e.t.c)...
So to be honest, I don't really think they're in a great position to start boasting about us.

:flag:

Speedy
15-05-2013, 09:00 PM
https://www.facebook.com/events/336458579813092/

:greengrin

Speedy
15-05-2013, 09:04 PM

Fixed their poster for them

Hibernia Na Eir
15-05-2013, 09:07 PM
he's certainly extremely bitter about us lot!
i wonder why???:greengrin

tattie bye, you'll be quickly forgotten in this country, just like VR :agree:

hibee92
15-05-2013, 09:27 PM

Quite possibly the most cringworthy thing I've ever seen.

Have you seen the comments?!

"How old do you have to be?"
"Do you have to be 18?"
- "Lets f*****g hope not as about 3/4 of the people who said they are going are under 18"

Craig Thomson must be buzzing for this!

Speedy
15-05-2013, 09:31 PM

"Do you have to be 18?"
- "Lets f*****g hope not as about 3/4 of the people who said they are going are under 18"

So you've not seen this then? :greengrin

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?263276-The-song-quot-the-19th-of-May-quot

Woody70x2
15-05-2013, 10:09 PM
Should we win the cup, we should produce a t-shirt of all the goalscorers that got us there...

Zaliukas
Deegan
Griffiths x5
Done
Harris
Doyle
...adding any other contributors on the day.

Let him, hopefully, live long in Hibee folklore.

hibs6270uk
15-05-2013, 10:13 PM
So you've not seen this then? :greengrin

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?263276-The-song-quot-the-19th-of-May-quot

Having never seen the video of Jambo Jimmy before tonight it has to be said I was a baw hair away from pissing myself at that!

Hibercelona
15-05-2013, 10:19 PM
Should we win the cup, we should produce a t-shirt of all the goalscorers that got us there...

Zaliukas
Deegan
Griffiths x5
Done
Harris
Doyle
...adding any other contributors on the day.

Let him, hopefully, live long in Hibee folklore.

We should also have a t-shirt that says:

Last Edinburgh team to win the SC, the LC and the League.

Wee Team?

:thumbsup:

givescotlandfreedom
15-05-2013, 10:25 PM

"Do you have to be 18?"

What exactly is this party celebrating? :confused:

Deansy
15-05-2013, 10:43 PM

It's simple - a large number of older F**ds KNOW that since Mercer arrived, they've been BUYING the derby !!. Younger 'Maroon-Elmers' not knowing anything better, actually do believe they are a 'Big Team. Combine these factors with the fact that these days are over, and you get the reason for the vitriol. Plus the fact that in future, they will be forced to field teams, that not only can they afford, but far more important - will also be of THEIR historic and natural standard - and you can understand their fear.

Sir David Gray
15-05-2013, 10:45 PM

Surely in order to have a party, you have to be celebrating some special event or an achievement? :dunno:

Anyone any idea what special events have happened down Gorgie way recently or what Hearts have achieved in the past 12 months? :confused:

Scottish Cup-Nope. Beaten at the first time of asking by the wee team, becoming the first team in living memory to be eliminated from the Scottish Cup in the same calendar year that they won it.

League Cup-Nope. Beaten by St Mirren in the final, despite them being full of confidence since it was "only St Mirren" that they were playing.

League-Nope. Finishing in the bottom six of the SPL, possibly as low as 10th and below the wee team.

Derby victories-Nope. They have failed to beat us in five consecutive matches, their worst derby run for over a decade.

I'm struggling to understand what they have to celebrate to be honest, apart from avoiding administration before the end of the season which has allowed them to avoid relegation.

Greentinted
15-05-2013, 11:26 PM
It's simple - a large number of older F**ds KNOW that since Mercer arrived, they've been BUYING the derby !!. Younger 'Maroon-Elmers' not knowing anything better, actually do believe they are a 'Big Team. Combine these factors with the fact that these days are over, and you get the reason for the vitriol. Plus the fact that in future, they will be forced to field teams, that not only can they afford, but far more important - will also be of THEIR historic and natural standard - and you can understand their fear.

Dunno why exactly, but that tickled me big time.

Maroon Elmers - superb. :tee hee:

LeithBoozy
16-05-2013, 12:40 AM
Is this Shanghai joint for Tranvestitite and Gays only, or can anyone go in and unwind ? :wink:

Jones28
16-05-2013, 07:53 AM
At shanghai...oh dear.

Posh Swanny
16-05-2013, 09:01 AM
They are a funny breed. I've never had any problems talking football with rival fans before. Cambridge, Northampton, Leicester, Notts Forest - none have any particular liking for the Posh and the first two in particular would be considered "proper" rivals, but the football discussion is always rational, if a little playful one way or the other depending on results/recent success. But even as a part-time Hibee, talking football to Hearts fans about Hibs/Hearts is nigh-on impossible. There appears to be a massive superiority complex that is hostile to even the most inane of anti-Hearts banter - at best it's Catherine Tate "I aint even bovvered". In fact, that "Lauren" character, putting a brave face on while clearly squirming horribly underneath, pretty much sums up Kickback and Heart of Midlothian in general at the moment.

Maybe it's just a city rivalry thing that I hadn't experienced before. And maybe you lot are just as bad! :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-05-2013, 09:34 AM
Chode.
What does that mean?

Andy74
16-05-2013, 09:40 AM
Total nonsense about having to beat them in a cup final to make up for it.

We've almost made up for it now by being better than them and being unbeaten. That's what they fear most, the notion that they aren't as big as they think they are.

Speedy
16-05-2013, 09:44 AM
What does that mean?

Cock, or specifically a fat stumpy cock...I think :greengrin

--------
16-05-2013, 10:06 AM
We should also have a t-shirt that says:

Last Edinburgh team to win the SC, the LC and the League.

Wee Team?

:thumbsup:

The League?

I think if you check your facts you'll find that Hearts won the Scottish League Championship in 1957-58 and 1959-60. We last won it in 1951-52. The common factor between the two teams (at least their 59-60 side) was Gordon Smith, whom we released after a bad knee injury. Hearts then did the same, and Gordon went on to win another Championship with Dundee in 1961-62.

If we're going to produce any T-shirts about the team, I do hope you're not the guy doing the historical research. :rolleyes:

GlenrothesHibee
16-05-2013, 11:25 AM
Their obsession with us (along with their overspending) is probably the reason for their record against us. They put everything into beating us which is something we have not done for a long time

--------
16-05-2013, 11:29 AM
Their obsession with us (along with their overspending) is probably the reason for their record against us. They put everything into beating us which is something we have not done for a long time

Like it or not, their overspending means they've generally been fielding stronger teams than us over the past ten years.

truehibernian
16-05-2013, 11:29 AM

Hibs teams, at all levels, have used 5-1 to fantastic effect as a motivation to beat them this year - you see and hear the will to beat them even amongst the boys that are 13 and 14.

Being completely honest, as bad as the day was, it's been hugely beneficial to changing the mindset of players and management - a well managed drive and commitment to beat them at football at every age group - but with humility not arrogance.

Onion
16-05-2013, 11:36 AM
They really hate the fact that we've adopted 5-1 and that it doesn't hurt nearly much as they'd like it too. Itch they can't scratch - lovin it :)

allezsauzee
16-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Possibly the only yam with a worse scoring record for them in derbies than Scott Crabbe :not worth

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-05-2013, 11:52 AM
They really hate the fact that we've adopted 5-1 and that it doesn't hurt nearly much as they'd like it too. Itch they can't scratch - lovin it :)

It still hurts me!

LeithBoozy
16-05-2013, 12:25 PM
They don't like the fact the Hibs have built such an Impressive stadium and Training centre. Something that will be well-out of their reach, this century. They are without a doubt absolutely GREEN WITH ENVY. :greengrin

jacomo
16-05-2013, 12:48 PM
And Kingston....

Or shi.... i'm being racist again.

Now you're being ageist. :wink:

--------
16-05-2013, 12:53 PM
It still hurts me!

What doesn't break you makes you.

It hasn't broken us.

Speedy
16-05-2013, 05:29 PM
Fixed their poster for them

Looks like this could be truer than I thought :greengrin

Sir David Gray
16-05-2013, 06:34 PM

Is this a private party or is it open to anyone? :partyhibb

Pete
17-05-2013, 05:01 AM
"As far as I'm concerned you can throw all those medals you've won in the bin, because you won them all by cheating"

Brian Clough.

Hibernia Na Eir
17-05-2013, 06:58 AM
Gavin Rae to (accidently) break him.