PDA

View Full Version : Team v Killie

Wotherspiniesta
14-05-2013, 08:55 PM
So, what kind of team would folk like to see against Killie? Not much left to play for I guess... and we'l more than likely finish above Hearts now. I guess a lot will depend on how players have recovered from the match on Sunday. Thomson/McPake/McGivern -fit? What do we do with our best players (Claros, Griffiths?)
For me, I'd probably rest a few, but would be more inclined to rest our best players on Saturday.

Williams

Maybury Forster Hanlon Stevenson

Wotherspoon Taiwo Claros Harris

Caldwell Griffiths

Pretty Boy
14-05-2013, 08:56 PM
I'd still like to see Murdoch or Grant get a run out in goals.

Just in case.

SMAXXA
14-05-2013, 08:58 PM
Is it on tele like the first game?

monktonharp
14-05-2013, 09:00 PM
rest our main goalie. gie forster a half, and mc pake a half. sparky for 60 mins.

iainm1875
14-05-2013, 09:06 PM
Harris rested I believe.

Northernhibee
14-05-2013, 09:17 PM
Give Murdoch a half and Paul Grant a half, see who deserves the backup goalie in the final.

Let's see Forster at the back against Killie and McPake against Dundee as IMO they're competing for a slot alongside Hanlon.

Wotherspoon should get one of the games to show if he deserves a final slot or not.

Stevenson in midfield if possible just to see what impact that has.

Let's try out stuff in the Killie game and go into the Dundee game strong as a big, positive confidence booster before the final.

FromTheCapital
14-05-2013, 09:20 PM
---------------------------MURDOCH---------------------------

MAYBURY------FORSTER-------MCGIVERN------STEVENSON

WOTHERSPOON------ROBERTSON------TAIWO--------DONE

------------------HANDLING------------DOYLE-----------------

This is the team I would go for. Rest most of the starting XI and then rotate them against Dundee on the final day to get them in shape for May 26th.

:flag:

TomoHFC
GK: Williams D: Maybury Forster Hanlon Stevenson M: Harris Taiwo Clarlos Handling F: Griffiths Caldwell

:flag::pfgwa

.Sean.
I'd go with Murdoch, Maybury, Forster, Hanlon, Stevenson, Harris, Deegan, Thomson, Claros, Handling, Doyle and Caldwell.

Heisenberg
14-05-2013, 09:21 PM
Williams

Maybury
Forster
Hanlon
Stevenson

Wotherspoon
Robertson/Deegan
Thomson
Cairney

Caldwell
Handling

shetlandhibee
14-05-2013, 10:13 PM
------------Williams-----------
maybury-hanlon-foster-Stevenson
harris--claros--------tawio--thomo
--------Caldwell-griffiths-------

Same starting XI as against hearts. Don't want any players getting injured for the final but I think it's good to work with the team for the final(if this is ruffley the team for the final) and get a bit of momentum going.

AJHibby
14-05-2013, 10:27 PM
Definitely no Clancy or McPake according to PF on Hibs TV and McGivern is 50/50 so I'd go with:

Murdoch

Maybury
Forster
Hanlon
Stevenson

Spoony
Claros
Robertson
Thomson

Doyle
Caldwell

Same back 4, not much choice really. Give Claros and Taiwo a half each after Sunday's effort. If PF is thinking about playing Thomson left mid in the final then he should get as much game time there as possible. Rest Sparky and bring him on for 20-30 minutes at the end as both Doyle and Caldwell will be bursting a gut to get a starting spot versus Celtc

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-05-2013, 10:41 PM
Murdoch

Spoony Cairney Robertson Harris

Caldwell Griffiths

Hibs90
14-05-2013, 11:11 PM
Murdoch/Grant

Wotherspoon
Forster
Hanlon
Stevenson

Deegan/Cairney
Robertson
Thomson
Handling

Kuqi
Caldwell

Green Fish
14-05-2013, 11:59 PM
Can anyone tell me what injuries McPake and McGovern have and if they will be fit for final.

Back to thread, Spoony needs to step up now, as does Cairney. Not sure if it's too late for them though.

Green Fish
15-05-2013, 12:00 AM
PS, am hoping we've seen last of Deegan and Done.

hibeedonald
15-05-2013, 12:01 AM
Why not get a few more of the youths in, like Jay Doyle or Donaldson, etc

Brooster
15-05-2013, 06:14 AM
I'd go with Murdoch, Maybury, Forster, Hanlon, Stevenson, Harris, Deegan, Thomson, Claros, Handling, Doyle and Caldwell.

Why not add another one and go with 13.

duffers
15-05-2013, 06:50 AM
Williams

Spoony deegan Robertson handling

Doyle Caldwell

Williams looked a bit edgy on Sunday. Good to get him as much game time as possible.
Back 4, we don't really have much of a choice, and it was the defence which looked solid against hearts. Another Solid performance and they could push towards a slot in the final.
Midfield 4, and 2 strikers, realistically, only 1 of them is going to play in the final. Now it's up to them to prove who it should be. Can't see it being Robertson or deegan though. However, it these sort of fringe players that would benefit from getting some match time.

Bench would be.
Murdoch
Donaldson
Horribine
Cairney
Done
Taiwo
Thomson.

Personally wouldn't even send Griffiths, Claros and Harris.

calumhibee1
15-05-2013, 07:11 AM
Murdoch
Maybury
Forster
Hanlon
Stevenson

Wotherspoon
Taiwo
Claros
Done

Sparky
Caldwell

Obviously you want to rest people and not get anyone injured for the final, but I'd still be looking to win our next 2 games and finish 7th, the difference financially from finishing 9th would be fairly significant for us I'd imagine. So i'd definitely start Sparky. Also give him the chance to get to the 30 goals he's desperate to hit. :aok: