PDA

View Full Version : Not looking to gloat

DH1875
14-05-2013, 05:51 PM
Every year I hear people say not to worry about tickets and that there's always enough to go around, if you want one you'get one etc,etc.... Has anyone who tried today not got one. Don't mean people who were already sorted but people who at this point haven't got a ticket at all. Not offering anything or that but having missed out in the past it really annoy's the duck out of me that folk always think there's enough.

1875Hibees
14-05-2013, 05:55 PM
Me and about 10 of my friends who wanted a ticket failed to get one. I really dont understand people's theory's about people should be able to get a ticket considering we took 35k against Kilmarnock and 40k against Livingston. Most of whom will get nowhere near a ticket.

DH1875
14-05-2013, 06:05 PM
Me and about 10 of my friends who wanted a ticket failed to get one. I really dont understand people's theory's about people should be able to get a ticket considering we took 35k against Kilmarnock and 40k against Livingston. Most of whom will get nowhere near a ticket.

Think it's cause I've missed out before but like I said, annoy's the heck out of me. No idea how 40k/35k fits into 20k but apparently it does :confused:.

1875Hibees
14-05-2013, 06:10 PM
Think it's cause I've missed out before but like I said, annoy's the heck out of me. No idea how 40k/35k fits into 20k but apparently it does :confused:.
Totally agree mate. If you notice its the fans that have their tickets sorted that are calm about it.

MSK
14-05-2013, 06:12 PM
Totally agree mate. If you notice its the fans that have their tickets sorted that are calm about it.What do you expect us to do ..slam doors & stamp our feet !!

Beefster
14-05-2013, 06:19 PM
Totally agree mate. If you notice its the fans that have their tickets sorted that are calm about it.

I'm not calm. I'm ****ing raging. Admittedly, that's because the missus ate my yum-yum but still.

WestEndHibee
14-05-2013, 06:20 PM

I have always managed to get one and that's without using a season ticket (as the years I had one we didn't reach a final). I firmly hold the belief that if you really want one then you'll get it (there's still time btw) last year it came down to the wire but we managed to get one from the last phone sale and one by writing local football team in exchange for a donation to the club that were able to get a ticket through the sfa :cb. If you try hard enough you'll find one.

1875Hibees
14-05-2013, 06:29 PM
I have always managed to get one and that's without using a season ticket (as the years I had one we didn't reach a final). I firmly hold the belief that if you really want one then you'll get it (there's still time btw) last year it came down to the wire but we managed to get one from the last phone sale and one by writing local football team in exchange for a donation to the club that were able to get a ticket through the sfa :cb. If you try hard enough you'll find one.
But that logic only makes sense if you have been lucky enough to get your tickets. And what about the 35k against Killie and the 40k against Livi. The majority of the fans that went to those games will get nowhere near a ticket.

Gus Fring
14-05-2013, 06:30 PM
I'm not calm. I'm ****ing raging. Admittedly, that's because the missus ate my yum-yum but still.

Should that not say Ex-missus now? That's a divorceable offense in my house!

70hibby
14-05-2013, 06:31 PM

That's the funniest reply I've seen on here for ages ...thanks :thumbsup:

WestEndHibee
14-05-2013, 06:55 PM
But that logic only makes sense if you have been lucky enough to get your tickets. And what about the 35k against Killie and the 40k against Livi. The majority of the fans that went to those games will get nowhere near a ticket.

I don't think I was lucky in getting a ticket last year. I exhausted every option I could until I was able to get one. In terms of the last phone sales we had six people attempting to get through and did. The logic is that of the 35000 fans at killie, not all will want to go to an equal degree. Of the remaining tickets left not distributed through luck, the fans that want it most will get the tickets. It may not seem it but there will be someone who wants it more than you (maybe even so much that they'll pay silly amounts to get it) and they will get their ticket. So the logic should be "if you want one BADLY ENOUGH, then you'll get one.

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2013, 07:01 PM
I'd have thought every one of our 10-11 thousand regulars will have a ticket. Those who don't go regularly, some of you will miss out and some wont. Other than buying a season ticket thats the deal these days whether they like it or not.

3pm
14-05-2013, 07:04 PM
I'd have thought every one of our 10-11 thousand regulars will have a ticket. Those who don't go regularly, some of you will miss out and some wont. Other than buying a season ticket thats the deal these days whether they like it or not.

Being a bit generous at 10-11 thousand are you not?

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2013, 07:09 PM
Being a bit generous at 10-11 thousand are you not?

I could be being a little generous, but the point is still the same. Unless folk start coming more regularly and buy a season ticket you will always have this situation where some folk could miss out.

Baldy Foghorn
14-05-2013, 07:10 PM

Agree to a point, however our home crowds are not as good as 10-11K. If people REALLY wanted to go, the avenue was open to purchase a season ticket. If folk can't afford it, or have other reasons for not getting one, that is understandable, but do we have to hear each moan, about how they deserved one but never got one?

Billy Whizz
14-05-2013, 07:10 PM
I could be being a little generous, but the point is still the same. Unless folk start coming more regularly and buy a season ticket you will always have this situation where some folk could miss out.

You're starting to sound like Baldy Foghorn, but you're 100% right

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2013, 07:16 PM
Agree to a point, however our home crowds are not as good as 10-11K. If people REALLY wanted to go, the avenue was open to purchase a season ticket. If folk can't afford it, or have other reasons for not getting one, that is understandable, but do we have to hear each moan, about how they deserved one but never got one?

I understand why folk moan, they might have lapsed a bit but the club is still very important to them, especially when we reach finals. :wink:

If we continue to reach finals regularly, i'd imagine we'd be doing a lot better as a club too. That should result in bigger crowds, more season ticket holders and another problem for the club.

Say we reached double figures again, perhaps 11k season ticket holders? We'd struggle then to give each season ticket holder 2 each then, would the club only give us one for our loyalty?

rcarter1
14-05-2013, 07:17 PM
That's the funniest reply I've seen on here for ages ...thanks :thumbsup:

Indeed - one of the only things Ive ever shared with my missus from Hibs.net. :tee hee:

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2013, 07:17 PM
You're starting to sound like Baldy Foghorn, but you're 100% right

As long as i'm not starting to look like him. :wink:

Moon unit
14-05-2013, 07:18 PM
Every year I hear people say not to worry about tickets and that there's always enough to go around, if you want one you'get one etc,etc.... Has anyone who tried today not got one. Don't mean people who were already sorted but people who at this point haven't got a ticket at all. Not offering anything or that but having missed out in the past it really annoy's the duck out of me that folk always think there's enough.

I have one , but feel really, really sorry and upset at my pal as she cannot get hold of a ticket...she's a great lass and Hibs daft!!! ... Please help S O S!!!...

Billy Whizz
14-05-2013, 07:19 PM
I understand why folk moan, they might have lapsed a bit but the club is still very important to them, especially when we reach finals. :wink:

If we continue to reach finals regularly, i'd imagine we'd be doing a lot better as a club too. That should result in bigger crowds, more season ticket holders and another problem for the club.

Say we reached double figures again, perhaps 11k season ticket holders? We'd struggle then to give each season ticket holder 2 each then, would the club only give us one for our loyalty?

Hopefully we can get some sort of loyalty card up and running, so the guys that go regularly get a ticket for Finals etc. I wouldn't mind getting one only as a ST holder, as all my family are ST holders as well.
It would be great if Hibs could get to a point where we have around 11,000 or so seasons sold

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2013, 07:24 PM
Hopefully we can get some sort of loyalty card up and running, so the guys that go regularly get a ticket for Finals etc. I wouldn't mind getting one only as a ST holder, as all my family are ST holders as well.
It would be great if Hibs could get to a point where we have around 11,000 or so seasons sold

I agree about the loyalty card, folk who don't go to games regularly should get one of these, and every time they purchase a match ticket it would be added to that card. In the event of reaching a final, the people with most games attended should be 1st in line for any spare tickets after season ticket holders have had their allocation.

Can this be too difficult to apply, and would it affect season ticket numbers? :confused:

3pm
14-05-2013, 07:29 PM
I agree about the loyalty card, folk who don't go to games regularly should get one of these, and every time they purchase a match ticket it would be added to that card. In the event of reaching a final, the people with most games attended should be 1st in line for any spare tickets after season ticket holders have had their allocation.

Can this be too difficult to apply, and would it affect season ticket numbers? :confused:

Surely not.

I can't believe anyone buys a season ticket cos we might get to a cup final.

Billy Whizz
14-05-2013, 07:30 PM

I think this had been raised at the LWT meetings, not sure the reasons why we can't do it, other than Hibs current systems. The system should not affect season tickets holders, as they should be part of it

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2013, 07:31 PM
Surely not.

I can't believe anyone buys a season ticket cos we might get to a cup final.

That was one of the arguments against on another thread if i remember correctly?

3pm
14-05-2013, 07:33 PM
That was one of the arguments against on another thread if i remember correctly?

Prob was but I still couldnae imagine someone giving up a ST for that reason.

DH1875
14-05-2013, 09:20 PM
To be fair, I thought there would be more than this who'd missed out so maybe I got it a bit wrong. Still gutted I missed out last time we played them though, and even thinking about it makes my blood boil just now. Really need to let it go, hopefully a wee win in the final will do it :aok:.

OstKurve Hibs
14-05-2013, 09:39 PM
a loyalty scheme should defo be set up, even if its just for the general sale, me and my old man have been to bout 20 games home and away this season but it counts for nothin, we were lucky this yr we managed to get 2 tickets for the final but last year had to pay £300 for 2 cos there was no way we were missing out,
Its not fair that people who av not even attended a game have the same chance at a ticket for a final as we do, i refuse to be conned into buyin a season ticket, i cant make it every week cos of work commitments but i very rarely miss a game through choice !
People call the old firm fans gloryhunters but we have our own fair share of hangers on as soon there is a sniff of a trophy, so annoying !

madabouthibs
14-05-2013, 09:44 PM
I don't have a ST, I've got my tickets for the final, but if I hadn't then, as pissed off as I'd have been, I still would have just accepted that I wasnt going.
I missed out last year in the public sale, but my mate phoned me later that night to tell me he'd managed to get me two. :greengrin

I won't buy a ST, I only make about 10-12 games a season. I'll always make an effort for final tickets etc. and take my chances. To be honest I haven't missed any fianls yet, but I'm sure my time will come. :cb

down-the-slope
14-05-2013, 09:58 PM
a loyalty scheme should defo be set up, even if its just for the general sale, me and my old man have been to bout 20 games home and away this season but it counts for nothin, we were lucky this yr we managed to get 2 tickets for the final but last year had to pay £300 for 2 cos there was no way we were missing out,
Its not fair that people who av not even attended a game have the same chance at a ticket for a final as we do, i refuse to be conned into buyin a season ticket, i cant make it every week cos of work commitments but i very rarely miss a game through choice !
People call the old firm fans gloryhunters but we have our own fair share of hangers on as soon there is a sniff of a trophy, so annoying !

I don't have a ST, I've got my tickets for the final, but if I hadn't then, as pissed off as I'd have been, I still would have just accepted that I wasnt going.
I missed out last year in the public sale, but my mate phoned me later that night to tell me he'd managed to get me two. :greengrin

I won't buy a ST, I only make about 10-12 games a season. I'll always make an effort for final tickets etc. and take my chances. To be honest I haven't missed any fianls yet, but I'm sure my time will come. :cb

Its a choice - there are plenty who do by ST's who can't make matches, but want to support the Team financially

Lucius Apuleius
15-05-2013, 07:39 AM
The years I have not had a season ticket I have managed to get a ticket for any final. I have also managed to get one for my missus and my two boys and also any mates that also wanted one. I have absolutely no contacts a Hibs and all tickets got through legal means open to everyone. I do now have a season ticket, for two reasons, one of which is so I first in line for ti kets if needed, secondly because I felt I owed the club a bit of allegiance after making the stand against the hun. Tickets are out there, you just need to make an effort.

HH81
15-05-2013, 07:43 AM
I give up my ticket as couldnt go at first, this changed and I still managed to pick up 2 tickets. My nephew goes to his first Hibs final. :aok:

Beefster
15-05-2013, 10:27 AM

I refuse to buy a season pass at Vue cinemas because some days I don't go to the cinema. Those gits don't have a loyalty scheme either so someone who has never been to Vue before had the same right to try and buy tickets for the Les Miserables premiere as me. It's not fair.

Hermit Crab
15-05-2013, 10:32 AM

I think more spare tickets will become available. Especially after the ballot.

Northern Hibby
15-05-2013, 11:00 AM
I live in Inverness, I always go when Hibs Come up here, which is not always as good as it sounds, I never really make it to Edinburgh as often as I'd like, time finances etc, but I Support Hibs, with all my heart, everybody who knows me knows I support Hibernian, I have in my house: mugs, t-shirts, tops, I even have a Hibs Top from when I was about eight, no sponsor, green body white sleeves, green & white ribbed collar and cuffs (yes they match:wink:) my kids have strips, I have a razor, a hot sauce and a bottle of whiskey all Hibs branded (my wife like to tell people i'd buy a lump of **** if it had a hibs badge on it) I drink out of a Hibs travel mug at work.

I am a Hibbee

:flag::flag:

I called 191 times last year before I got a ticket, this year 91 calls but it said sold out (I hung on anyway) and got 1, so I'm happy, if I hadn't got one I'd watch the final in a pub in Easter Road.

Point

I'm a Hibs fan whether I go once a year or just when I can

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2013, 11:08 AM
I think more spare tickets will become available. Especially after the ballot.

:agree:

Scouse Hibee
15-05-2013, 11:14 AM
There will always be some people who miss out on cup final tickets for various reasons. At least our ST holders were all guaranteed a ticket, other ST holders at bigger clubs are not so fortunate. Those unfortunate enough to miss out will still get to see the game on TV and I'm sure will enjoy their day just as much as those in the stadium if we manage to win.

:flag:GGTTH

Northern Hibby
15-05-2013, 11:34 AM
There will always be some people who miss out on cup final tickets for various reasons. At least our ST holders were all guaranteed a ticket, other ST holders at bigger clubs are not so fortunate. Those unfortunate enough to miss out will still get to see the game on TV and I'm sure will enjoy their day just as much as those in the stadium if we manage to win.

:flag:GGTTH

Once watched in a pub in Inverness on my own, Killie league cup, and vowed never again, if I can't get a ticket, and I’ll have no complaints if I don't, I watch in a pub in Leith surrounded by my fellow Hibees!!