PDA

View Full Version : Flares and Polis

IanM
14-05-2013, 03:02 PM
Just heard a 25 year old male as been arrested and charged with throwing a flare on Sunday - Polis want more names so the suspects are charged and banned from football..

Bit extreme? a bit harmless fun? or deserved

LancashireHibby
14-05-2013, 03:09 PM
Despite how widespread smoke bombs and flares seem to be at the minute, I don't think anyone can seriously think there isn't an element of risk of getting in to hot water when taking them in to grounds. Although I've nothing against smoke bombs etc per sé, throwing them isn't the brightest of ideas!

Scouse Hibee
14-05-2013, 03:09 PM
Just heard a 25 year old male as been arrested and charged with throwing a flare on Sunday - Polis want more names so the suspects are charged and banned from football..

Bit extreme? a bit harmless fun? or deserved

A flare? Now that would be dangerous if some let a flare off in a crowd of people. Surely it was just a smoke cannister that was used at the game and a green one at that before anyone says it could have been mistaken for a fire.
I suppose you always take a risk of being collared if you decide to deploy either.

Mikey
14-05-2013, 03:14 PM
The warning about the Airdrie fan who was jailed for 6 months has been mentioned several times on here but it's usually shot down as a "bit of harmless fun".

Harmless fun or not, it's against the law.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-19732166

Pretty Boy
14-05-2013, 03:23 PM
Whilst smoke bombs don't bother me personally, i've got no sympathy for anyone who gets in bother for throwing one.

You can't just pick and choose what laws you want to obey.

Centre Hawf
14-05-2013, 04:04 PM
I think its a stupid law but a law nonetheless. I think stuff like that adds to occasions, but again at the moment it's a law and should be followed so you can't complain if you're punished.

GlenrothesHibee
14-05-2013, 04:04 PM
I dont condone objects of any sort being thrown on to the field of play but the smoke did look bloomin fantastic in the celebrations

marinello59
14-05-2013, 04:07 PM
I enjoy them but we all know the consequences if we get caught with them at the Fitba.
They are not totally harmless though.

Cabbage East
14-05-2013, 04:20 PM
I think they add something, they looked great at the derby. I'll leave it to the young team to sneak them in though :greengrin

Beefster
14-05-2013, 04:22 PM
Letting off a flair at the Wongadome is just asking for trouble. Saying that, at least the 50% that is asbestos would be safe enough.

hibeedonald
14-05-2013, 04:25 PM
Flares - NO. Smoke Bombs - Yes. Was it actually a flare or just an overreaction?

jacomo
14-05-2013, 04:30 PM
Whilst smoke bombs don't bother me personally, i've got no sympathy for anyone who gets in bother for throwing one.

You can't just pick and choose what laws you want to obey.

6 months jail though! Ridiculous.

GoldenEagle
14-05-2013, 04:36 PM
6 months jail though! Ridiculous.

It might be but it's a deterrent to anyone else isn't it? For example if it was a £100 fine then 'everyone' would be prepared to take that risk but 6 months, well it'll make you think twice :agree:

1two
14-05-2013, 04:41 PM
Everyone knows they're banned
Everyone knows its punishable
Some dafty is now not getting to go to hampden

Serves him right

Goes for flares and smoke bombs

ZS DOOM
14-05-2013, 04:41 PM
Anyone caught throwing things, smokebombs or anything else should be severely punished.

ps.

Flare - emits light and small amount of smoke (hibs fans have not used any in gounds)
Smoke - emits smoke only

Www1875hfc
14-05-2013, 05:15 PM
Just seen it on the STV news.
You can clearly see the guy that throws 1 from the Hibs end.

If thats not the 25 year old thats already been mentioned above,he'd be better handing himself in.

3pm
14-05-2013, 05:18 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/latest-news/edinburgh-derby-witness-hunt-over-fans-trouble-1-2928078

God Petrie
14-05-2013, 05:22 PM
Pathetic. It's a smoke bomb not a grenade. No wonder no one wants to go to games when they go out of their way to remove any atmosphere.

ancient hibee
14-05-2013, 05:28 PM
So presumably it doesn't matter if it hits somebody on the way down.A25 year old should grow up.

Titch
14-05-2013, 05:30 PM
Pathetic is it try telling that to my 8 year old daughter that was struggling to breath through the one thrown into our own fans from some clown behind us. She fair enjoyed celebrating the goal we scored after she stopped crying

500miles
If someone lit up a fag in the middle of a football match, no one would have any sympathy.

Smoke bombs can set off asthma attacks, cause breathing difficulty, and often are packed with carcinogens. They get in the road of the football if you're stuck behind the tadger that set it off, and they have to stop the match to remove them from the pitch. PLUS it makes it hard to tell when there's actually a fire.

6 months is not proportionate to the crime IMO, but hopefully other folk will think twice now.

jacomo
Pathetic. It's a smoke bomb not a grenade. No wonder no one wants to go to games when they go out of their way to remove any atmosphere.

:agree:

Titch
14-05-2013, 05:31 PM
And before anybody says ill take my daughter to any game I wish and I don't expect smoke grenades to be thrown as it is ILLEGAL

KinchHibee
14-05-2013, 05:31 PM
That report mentions that the smoke bombs where thrown towards the pitch, but I was certain a red smoke bomb was chucked into the Roseburn stand from the Wheatfield. Did this happen or did I just make it up?

Titch
14-05-2013, 05:33 PM
Also the clown that has been charged is probably the idiot that handed himself in as he burnt his hand throwing it and needed medical attention

danhibees1875
14-05-2013, 05:34 PM
That report mentions that the smoke bombs where thrown towards the pitch, but I was certain a red smoke bomb was chucked into the Roseburn stand from the Wheatfield. Did this happen or did I just make it up?

Not sure about this Derby but it happened the last time wexwent to the pbs.

shetlandhibee
14-05-2013, 05:37 PM
I dont condone objects of any sort being thrown on to the field of play but the smoke did look bloomin fantastic in the celebrations

jacomo
14-05-2013, 05:39 PM
If someone lit up a fag in the middle of a football match, no one would have any sympathy.

Smoke bombs can set off asthma attacks, cause breathing difficulty, and often are packed with carcinogens. They get in the road of the football if you're stuck behind the tadger that set it off, and they have to stop the match to remove them from the pitch. PLUS it makes it hard to tell when there's actually a fire.

6 months is not proportionate to the crime IMO, but hopefully other folk will think twice now.

Yeah, imprison all the smokers!

Your post is way over the top. Other than blocking the view of the pitch, I am really not sure any of the rest of it is true.

Titch

The one's i seen were smoke GRENADES

KinchHibee
Not sure about this Derby but it happened the last time wexwent to the pbs.

I would of thought if it did happen or even the previous time it happened it would of been considerably more noteworthy and worrying for the police than one landing on the pitch, at least stewards can get to it quickly to deal with it there.

Not against them though, the pic of Griffiths celebrating in a shroud of green mist looks epic :greengrin but the fact they are getting launched into opposing fans is probably good enough reason for them to be banned

frazeHFC
14-05-2013, 05:57 PM
The one's i seen were smoke GRENADES

Right understand you're annoyed but no point posting rubbish like that. Some idiots set of a smoke bomb it wasn't a bloody Al-Qaeda attack.

Titch
14-05-2013, 06:04 PM
Right understand you're annoyed but no point posting rubbish like that. Some idiots set of a smoke bomb it wasn't a bloody Al-Qaeda attack.

Rubbish I think you'll find what I've posted is FACT

Kris1875
14-05-2013, 06:06 PM

Yeah there was a red one that landed in the bottom tier probably the same twat that threw it in the new year derby !!

basehibby
14-05-2013, 06:11 PM
The warning about the Airdrie fan who was jailed for 6 months has been mentioned several times on here but it's usually shot down as a "bit of harmless fun".

Harmless fun or not, it's against the law.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-19732166

6 months seems a bit OTT to me, but I've got to say I'm not a fan of flares at all - much prefer a pair of drainpipes :duck:

Seriously, without being any kind of expert they seem a dangerous (and hence stupid!) thing to let off in a crowd - would not thank you for letting one off anywhere near me

ZS DOOM
14-05-2013, 06:11 PM

It's not fact. It wasn't a grenade

God Petrie
14-05-2013, 06:13 PM

Cheers for the civics lesson. Are you seriously arguing terminology in an odd attempt to equate a smoke bomb to an actual grenade designed to kill people?

The acrid smell from the smoke really put me off my prawn sandwich tho. Give him 10 years I say. Laws aren't immutable and stupid ones should be challenged. It was illegal to be homosexual not that long ago. By your logic that was fine because the law is the law eh? Pathetic.

Beefster
14-05-2013, 06:15 PM
Other than blocking the view of the pitch, I am really not sure any of the rest of it is true.

You're not sure if smoke bombs are bad for asthmatics, cause some folk breathing difficulties and are packed with lots of nasty chemicals? Really?

Titch
14-05-2013, 06:17 PM

You ever seen a smoke Grenade I use them in my line of work and what landed in front of me was a Grenade FACT

God Petrie
14-05-2013, 06:19 PM
You ever seen a smoke Grenade I use them in my line of work and what landed in front of me was a Grenade FACT

Hope the shrapnel didn't break one of your freshly manicured nails.

basehibby
14-05-2013, 06:21 PM

You're not half living up to your nickname - the items that were thrown onto the pitch were ALL smoke grenades - if only there was some kind of expert like a squadie on the board who could settle this argument - no wait....

neilmartinrocks
14-05-2013, 06:21 PM
BOMB sounds a wee bit scarier than GRENADE :greengrin

Sweet Left Peg
14-05-2013, 06:23 PM
I appreciate why the long arm of the law will reach out for anyone using flares, or smoke bombs or anything that bangs or flashes or honks or whatever. We have these laws for a reason and that is to protect the safety of people. And that is fine and we should accept that as a good thing.

But it is hard to deny that these types of thing don't add to the atmosphere in places like Italy, where it is commonplace. I don't know what the statistics are for injuries a matches due to flares etc in Italy, but that is not the issue. The law is what it is and we have to comply. If we do not, then there are consequences.

We can generate a good enough atmosphere without them. 20000 doing the Hibees bounce a week on Sunday, at full time? That will do for me.

StevieT
14-05-2013, 06:26 PM
Hope the shrapnel didn't break one of your freshly manicured nails.

Sounds to me like Titch knows what he is talking about whereas you are just trying to score silly points.

The fact is they aren't allowed in to football matches. A slap on the wrist will not act as a deterrent so make the punishment stiff and people will think twice. Too many people want to do what they like at football and to hell with everyone else. Some might like smoke bombs whilst others don't. I can't see what they add to the game myself. Enjoy the game, go mental at the goals and stick to the rules. That way everyone can enjoy the game, young or old.

basehibby
14-05-2013, 06:29 PM
For those of the hard of learning persuasion, here is a definition of a smoke grenade.....

http://www.omnilexica.com/?q=smoke+grenade

....for those that are weighing into Titch for being concerned about his young daughter's welfare I refer you to the following extract....

"Smoke grenades are normally considered non-lethal, although incorrect use may cause death"

wearethehibs
14-05-2013, 06:29 PM
Ahh some people on this site make me laugh. Been in amongst a smoke bomb a few times now and its affected me less than the smoke filled toilets at football grounds.

500miles
14-05-2013, 06:33 PM
Yeah, imprison all the smokers!

Your post is way over the top. Other than blocking the view of the pitch, I am really not sure any of the rest of it is true.

I wasn't saying imprison the smokers, I was saying someone smoking a cigarette at a football match isn't as intrusive as someone throwing a smoke bomb, but there would be less sympathy for someone getting a ban for having a puff than there is for someone throwing a smoke grenade.

And depending on the smoke bomb, some can be quite carcinogenic and - as with any smoke - can cause asthma flare ups and breathing problems. Water vapour could be used to create a smoke bomb effect, which would be safer, but it would have to be a machine that makes it, as something as small as a smoke bomb cannister wouldn't make much of a spectacle at all.

Billy Whizz
14-05-2013, 06:33 PM

It did, after they scored

ZS DOOM
14-05-2013, 06:39 PM
You're not half living up to your nickname - the items that were thrown onto the pitch were ALL smoke grenades - if only there was some kind of expert like a squadie on the board who could settle this argument - no wait....

Incorrect, a smoke bomb is set of using an external sparker. In a grenade the ignition system is inside,

All items thrown on the pitch had external sparkers hence the burn marks

Robinho08
14-05-2013, 06:53 PM

Yes the Yam support flung a red/maroon smoke bomb onto the pitch after their goal.

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2013, 07:06 PM
Also the clown that has been charged is probably the idiot that handed himself in as he burnt his hand throwing it and needed medical attention

I know i shouldn't, but. :faf::faf:

Pretty Boy
14-05-2013, 07:08 PM

I absolutely 100% hope this is true.

It shouldn't be funny, but it is.

Hibrandenburg
14-05-2013, 07:08 PM
Sometimes I hope that the level of ignorance shown on here can be explained away as Yam infiltration. However I fear the worst.

Just Alf
14-05-2013, 07:12 PM
The last time this topic was raised on here one guy said he missed the rest of the match due to an asthma attack brought on by the smoke..... While I agree it seemed to add atmosphere and definitely made the pics of the players celebrating look dead cool, the fact that we have kids crying and supporters missing the game is enough to say that it's wrong so don't do it.

Ps 6 months inside is crazy, if there's no injuries etc then 1 month would surely be more than enough? (2 weeks for good behaviour!)

WindyMiller
14-05-2013, 07:19 PM
http://www.kolkatafootball.com/deadly_derby/images/hooligan1.jpg

Treadstone
14-05-2013, 07:20 PM
Any pyrotechnics or special effects should be down to the clubs using experienced individuals to avoid incidents.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gllwK9dTOq8

kdhibees1
14-05-2013, 07:26 PM
Aye, like when the yamaloids were burning there lith cash! Anyone mind this?
http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20070911/fired-up_2241384_1110282

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/javaImages/98/d0/0,,10289~3395736,00.jpg

.Sean.
14-05-2013, 07:37 PM
Is this a real FACT or Hibsnet FACT?

FWIW these smoke-billowing appliances look smart as **** FACT :agree:

Sunny1875
14-05-2013, 07:42 PM
Everyone knows they're banned
Everyone knows its punishable
Some dafty is now not getting to go to hampden

Serves him right

Goes for flares and smoke bombs

Does the dafty have a ticket going spare now ?
Please post on here if you are that dafty

Makaveli
14-05-2013, 07:46 PM
Meanwhile, in Greece...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iqXaVfX7o8

(1 minute in)

kdhibees1
14-05-2013, 07:49 PM
Meanwhile, in Greece...

(1 minute in)
kin hell!!!

Titch
14-05-2013, 07:49 PM
Is this a real FACT or Hibsnet FACT?

FWIW these smoke-billowing appliances look smart as **** FACT :agree:
it was and still remains A REAL FACT

Titch
14-05-2013, 07:51 PM
Incorrect, a smoke bomb is set of using an external sparker. In a grenade the ignition system is inside,

All items thrown on the pitch had external sparkers hence the burn marks
you sound like an expert ever used or even seen a smoke grenade???

Hibby70
14-05-2013, 07:59 PM
I blame Call of Duty.

Hibernia Na Eir
14-05-2013, 08:00 PM
as long as the hertz FUD got lifted too for same offence.

ZS DOOM
14-05-2013, 08:04 PM
you sound like an expert ever used or even seen a smoke grenade???

yes, so please do tell us why the items thrown on the pitch from our end was a "Grenade"?

Titch
14-05-2013, 08:08 PM
yes, so please do tell us why the items thrown on the pitch from our end was a "Grenade"?

i cant comment on the "items" on the pitch as i never seen them
however the one that landed 2 feet from me was a smoke GRENADE feel like i'm going in circles here CLUELESS!!!

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2013, 08:09 PM
Meanwhile, in Greece...

(1 minute in)

I believe they are banned in Greece too. :greengrin

Sanger
14-05-2013, 08:10 PM
Very harsh considering the Jambos have pelted us with smoke bombs for years. Any of them been charged?

ZS DOOM
14-05-2013, 08:23 PM
i cant comment on the "items" on the pitch as i never seen them
however the one that landed 2 feet from me was a smoke GRENADE feel like i'm going in circles here CLUELESS!!!

Putting it in capital letters does not make it FACT

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-05-2013, 08:24 PM
Had a chuckle reading down that link with the Hertz pre game fireworks..."Meanwhile, new striker Christian Nade could make his home debut and has promised fans that he will be in the hunt for goals" :greengrin

With regards to the smoke bombs/grenades, they looked class on Sunday and in the pictures since, however when uv got idiots throwing them at opposing fans and folk claiming that they are struggling to breathe then there maybe not the best idea. A 6 month sentence is ridiculous mind. No doubt the Hearts chump that threw one into our stand(probably the same ******** as last time) will get away with it tho :rolleyes:

KdyHby
14-05-2013, 08:37 PM
Meanwhile, in Greece...

(1 minute in)

No wonder Greece's debts are similar to Hearts'.

kdhibees1
14-05-2013, 09:00 PM
[QUOTE=NadeAteMyLunch!;3601072]Had a chuckle reading down that link with the Hertz pre game fireworks..."Meanwhile, new striker Christian Nade could make his home debut and has promised fans that he will be in the hunt for goals" :greengrin

Watch yerself there, pal. Might upset a few flumps, thinking yer being a racist :rolleyes:

Hibrandenburg
14-05-2013, 09:17 PM
Putting it in capital letters does not make it FACT

No, but knowing his arse from his elbow does.

Leishy1995
14-05-2013, 09:38 PM
And before anybody says ill take my daughter to any game I wish and I don't expect smoke grenades to be thrown as it is ILLEGAL

UEFA pushing to legalise them aslong as they aren't thrown anywhere, will your daughter still be going? I hope so

Titch
14-05-2013, 09:39 PM
UEFA pushing to legalise them aslong as they aren't thrown anywhere, will your daughter still be going? I hope so

Not thrown anywhere????? So how will they be used?

Glory Lurker
14-05-2013, 09:41 PM

Quick google search suggests this isn't so - sauce?

Leishy1995
14-05-2013, 09:46 PM
Quick google search suggests this isn't so - sauce?

It's been all over the Internet, I haven't got said link anymore but it's just what I read awhile back

Leishy1995
14-05-2013, 09:47 PM
Not thrown anywhere????? So how will they be used?

Kept in the users control id assume, I've never even held one so I wouldn't know what it's like, about 4 hit me during the march and I was fine.

Titch
14-05-2013, 09:53 PM
Kept in the users control id assume, I've never even held one so I wouldn't know what it's like, about 4 hit me during the march and I was fine.

Mate would burn the hand right off you if you held onto it anyway I'm off to bed GGTTH

marinello59
14-05-2013, 09:55 PM

There was a woman with a young daughter just along from me who was pretty distressed by the one going off at our feet. I was enjoying it but that made me stop and think.
I think they look great and they do add atmosphere but denying that they have downsides as well is pretty selfish. Quite apart from anything else we are giving the police more reason to search as we enter the grounds.

Dragonson2
14-05-2013, 09:55 PM
Regardless of what action is or is not getting taken for the use of any pyrotechnics, the one thing that the police can do nothing about is what is occasionaly used in eastern europe (along with flares etc) ( and other places): the use of dry ice and lighting,(giving the same effect as flares being held). Think we would all agree that flares etc add something to the atmosphere to the game, tho i def wouldn't want a life match ban for having one. possibly something for sect43 to look into.

just a thought.

frazeHFC
14-05-2013, 09:57 PM
Mate would burn the hand right off you if you held onto it anyway I'm off to bed GGTTH

Dunno about your smoke grenades but a smoke bomb or flare wouldn't burn your hand off, loads of videos about of people holding them the whole time.

ZS DOOM

Smokebombs can be held in the hand as they don't give off heat, they are only thrown/dropped because it's illegal to use them in the stadium

marinello59
Regardless of what action is or is not getting taken for the use of any pyrotechnics, the one thing that the police can do nothing about is what is occasionaly used in eastern europe (along with flares etc) ( and other places): the use of dry ice and lighting,(giving the same effect as flares being held). Think we would all agree that flares etc add something to the atmosphere to the game, tho i def wouldn't want a life match ban for having one. possibly something for sect43 to look into.

just a thought.

That suggests big hair and terrible Adult Orientated Rock bands to me. Made me shiver. :paranoid:

Leishy1995
14-05-2013, 09:58 PM
I'm just saying 4 hit me in the march. And at no point did it burn me, people were picking them up aswell.

They give of smoke, stain your clothes. Both the people I was with suffer from chest problems and didn't have a problem with it. They love them.

It isn't for me to legalise and until they are I won't touch them willingly.

barcahibs
14-05-2013, 10:00 PM
If you choose to chuck something on the pitch then you take the consequences. 6 months does seem excessive but if that's what's needed to stamp it out then so be it. Would it be worth it if some jobsworth ref or security person decides to abandon the match? Bet the likes of Craig Thomson would love the chance to do just that if he'd mistakenly allowed Hibs to take the lead against them with a few minutes to go.

As for the Greek thing - it looks daft, I come to watch the fitba not a fireworks display. If folk want to do that kind of thing there's plenty of events on round bonfire night :dunno:

macca70
14-05-2013, 10:10 PM
Very harsh considering the Jambos have pelted us with smoke bombs for years. Any of them been charged?

Spot on, Jambos have been setting them off at ER for the last couple of seasons and never a word said. Maybe the footage can be dug out to find the culprits.

6 month prison sentence does seem extreme but we complain that this country is too soft and therefore zero tolerance is exactly what is required. These dafties know it is illegal, is it going to take a fatality or major incident like a fire before folk stop bringing them to the footy.

macca70
14-05-2013, 10:20 PM
Did the flares from this get the press coverage and same charges:

http://youtu.be/Z2zFRo2PKBk

Or this:

http://youtu.be/1tr4n4lmvLQ

You Tube is full of videos of flares/smoke bombs at SPL games

neilmartinrocks
14-05-2013, 11:13 PM
9886smoke bombs these can be hand held nae worries
9887smoke grenades these wuild burn yer fingers off.

jgl07
15-05-2013, 12:24 AM
Anyone turning up to to an SPL match in Flares should be arrested by the style police and either ejected or teleported back to the 1970s.

TrickyNicky
15-05-2013, 01:27 AM
So presumably it doesn't matter if it hits somebody on the way down.A25 year old should grow up.

But, but, but, it was Chito Martinez ( friend of Claros ), a 25 year old Honduran national who is a pitcher for the LA Dodgers with a strike-out rate of 89/100.:wink:

marinello59
15-05-2013, 05:40 AM
Anyone turning up to to an SPL match in Flares should be arrested by the style police and either ejected or teleported back to the 1970s.

The worst offenders should be sent to Dundee for life.

Chuck Rhoades
15-05-2013, 05:42 AM
One banned from football until the end of October who threw one on the pitch.

KWJ
15-05-2013, 08:45 AM
Makes us hypocritical of all the abuse of Rantic following their youth game.

Sect 43 & 12th Man (are they still going separately?) have been in the main good and most welcome but we shouldn't lower ourselves to some of the acts used by TGB or the daft yams.

Impressive displays but all inclusive.

green&left
15-05-2013, 09:53 AM
The only thing remotely dodgy about smoke bombs is the iffy smell.

Perfectly safe in paint balling, smoke machines in nightclubs and laser quest, pyro technics at concerts etc. Put it in a football stadium and its somehow a life and death situation we are in :rolleyes: Just like standing. Or drinking. :rolleyes:

Shame if the lad misses the final but suppose the same punishment if he was caught throwing coins or a lighter.

Set them off in the stands and leave them off the park, look better that way anyway :cb:scarf:

green glory
15-05-2013, 09:55 AM
The only thing remotely dodgy about smoke bombs is the iffy smell.

Perfectly safe in paint balling, smoke machines in nightclubs and laser quest, pyro technics at concerts etc. Put it in a football stadium and its somehow a life and death situation we are in :rolleyes: Just like standing. Or drinking. :rolleyes:

Shame if the lad misses the final but suppose the same punishment if he was caught throwing coins or a lighter.

Set them off in the stands and leave them off the park, look better that way anyway :cb:scarf:

Re concerts/nightclubs etc. it's dry ice that's used, which is different.

Skanko79
15-05-2013, 10:02 AM
never mind the smoke bombs the ammount of people singing and generally having a good time was disgusting.

i go to watch football not get caught up in any kind of rivalry when playing your oldest rivals, i just want to sit and enjoy the game without seeing people happy, listening to singing and certainly not seeing smoke bombs which might have a small chance of creating some kind of atmosphere. get it sorted petrie.

j'adore hibs
15-05-2013, 11:42 AM
Ahh some people on this site make me laugh. Been in amongst a smoke bomb a few times now and its affected me less than the smoke filled toilets at football grounds.

are you a child (actual years not mental) or suffer from asthma , sensitive eye condition ?

these guys who think they're ultras eh!

deeks01
15-05-2013, 11:56 AM
Seems these things cause breathing difficulties for folk (especially kids) because they're dropped on the ground or thrown & then waft up into folks faces. So if it was allowed and they could be handheld by some tall bloke who knows what he's doing without risking doing porridge for 6 months it would minimize that risk no?

Anyway clearly the most idiotic thing to do as shown by the vid of the wolves game is set off fireworks in the middle of the pitch. Absolutely stupid and just makes the game look like some daft Americanised carnival.

Titch
15-05-2013, 11:59 AM
:yawn2::yawn2:
never mind the smoke bombs the ammount of people singing and generally having a good time was disgusting.

i go to watch football not get caught up in any kind of rivalry when playing your oldest rivals, i just want to sit and enjoy the game without seeing people happy, listening to singing and certainly not seeing smoke bombs which might have a small chance of creating some kind of atmosphere. get it sorted petrie.

aye very good :yawn2:

Titch
15-05-2013, 12:00 PM
One banned from football until the end of October who threw one on the pitch.

good hope he had a ticket for the final sorted
that'll teach him:agree:

wearethehibs
15-05-2013, 12:07 PM
are you a child (actual years not mental) or suffer from asthma , sensitive eye condition ?

these guys who think they're ultras eh!

Was only making a point. Grown men are always smoking in an un ventilated room at football matches. Kids go into the same room and have to inhale all these toxic fumes.

A smoke bomb is let of and the fumes go away as its outside. Someone lets of a smoke bomb and gets banned yet the selfish people smoking in the toilet always get away with it. Yet what they are doing causes more harm to peoples health imo

Leishy1995
15-05-2013, 12:13 PM
9886smoke bombs these can be hand held nae worries
9887smoke grenades these wuild burn yer fingers off.

It's the top one I've been seeing

WestEndHibee
15-05-2013, 12:39 PM
MYB would like to make it publicly known that they do not support the use of smoke grenades, we also don't allow any member to wear flares.

neilmartinrocks
15-05-2013, 12:53 PM
It's the top one I've been seeing

these are normally for signaling and are usually hand held. still got a purple one somewhere.
not that i wuild let one off at the football no worth the hassle tbh.

silverhibee
15-05-2013, 12:54 PM
When are the SPL/SFA going to take action against them at the wongadome, incident after incident at there ground and seemingly no action is taken against them, were they ever punished for the Lennon/Riordan incidents and now flares been thrown in there ground, it must be up to the club to stop these incidents, maybe about time the SFA/SPL closed the ground down for there next home games, if they ever have anymore home games mind you.

:cb

Hibrandenburg
15-05-2013, 01:37 PM
You're wasting your time mate. Feeding the trolls only encourages them.

Titch
15-05-2013, 01:49 PM
Sven I pm'd you to see if you had some kind of agenda I'll discuss here if you wish and to answer your question I went into the office in princess street one day after work whilst working as a scaffolder so no shopping centre recruitment here

Cabbage East
15-05-2013, 02:03 PM
The sooner we eradicate the atmosphere from football the better, it'll be safer for the children that way. No singing, no standing, no drinking, no nothing.

sven nil
15-05-2013, 02:08 PM
Sven I pm'd you to see if you had some kind of agenda I'll discuss here if you wish and to answer your question I went into the office in princess street one day after work whilst working as a scaffolder so no shopping centre recruitment herevery good and did you get a badge with the tin hat,oh clever one

Titch
15-05-2013, 02:09 PM
very good and did you get a badge with the tin hat,oh clever one

Eh WTF!!!!!! You asked a question and asked to speak on the public forum and reply like that ?????

That's a reply I would expect from a child

Titch
15-05-2013, 02:10 PM
The sooner we eradicate the atmosphere from football the better, it'll be safer for the children that way. No singing, no standing, no drinking, no nothing.

:not worth great post mate :hnet:

MacBean
15-05-2013, 02:31 PM
Is it just me that's thinking, who the hell are the MYB?

matty_f
15-05-2013, 02:34 PM
Deleted a post and subsequent posts that had quoted it. Please keep on topic.

silverhibee
15-05-2013, 02:35 PM

A crackdown on players celebrating is needed too, just no need for it in this day in age.

j'adore hibs
15-05-2013, 02:35 PM
Was only making a point. Grown men are always smoking in an un ventilated room at football matches. Kids go into the same room and have to inhale all these toxic fumes.

A smoke bomb is let of and the fumes go away as its outside. Someone lets of a smoke bomb and gets banned yet the selfish people smoking in the toilet always get away with it. Yet what they are doing causes more harm to peoples health imo

Two wrongs dont make a right. Smoking in the toilets is wrong so is letting of smoke bombs etc.

Until there is a restricted part of the ground for those who want to participate in smoke bombs/flares, refugee/paedo songs , drinking bottles of buckfast before entry and generally annoying those around them then you have to abide by the rules and likewise the authorities should enforce it and I include the smoking in the toilets.

Im all for fun, I remember my youth but at least then if I was behaving like an er$e folk could move away to another part of terrace. The all seating policy has probably caused all this ultra v's prawn sandwich chat.

Cabbage East
15-05-2013, 02:42 PM
A crackdown on players celebrating is needed too, just no need for it in this day in age.

Yep. It could incite the fans. Maybe we should ban the fans?

Titch
15-05-2013, 02:44 PM
yep. It could incite the fans. Maybe we should ban the fans?

ggtth

Scouse Hibee
15-05-2013, 03:06 PM
Is it just me that's thinking, who the hell are the MYB?

Mumsies Young Boys :wink:

silverhibee
15-05-2013, 03:09 PM
Yep. It could incite the fans. Maybe we should ban the fans?

Could just hire this lot, sure someone would still find something to moan about mind you. :wink: :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52hch0xWDAA

--------
15-05-2013, 04:38 PM
If only we could be as restrained and responsible as some other fans ...

One day I would like to be at that game. It's on my bucket-list.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSo7756a6zEnn6K76u8h54nDABYloMde FYgOgrBzuFLd7eRDsVZ

http://dawncompk.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/rivervboca670ap.jpg

Skanko79
16-05-2013, 10:01 AM
:yawn2::yawn2:

aye very good :yawn2:

watch yourself at the final mate, there might be a decent atmosphere there, we dont want that now do we?

marinello59
16-05-2013, 10:05 AM
watch yourself at the final mate, there might be a decent atmosphere there, we dont want that now do we?

Aye, because there is no way we will generate a decent atmosphere at a cup final unless we are allowed to play with fireworks.:agree:

blackpoolhibs
16-05-2013, 10:14 AM
Aye, because there is no way we will generate a decent atmosphere at a cup final unless we are allowed to play with fireworks.:agree:

I'm a bit of a coward, so just to be a bit mental, for the final i'm going to wear a pair of trousers with an extra couple of inches on the width.

Skanko79
16-05-2013, 10:20 AM

fireworks, smokebombs, flares whatever is needed to spur the players on to a decent performance, regardless though whether we eradicate them from football or not im 100% certain there will always be an element of our support that will NEVER be happy.

neilmartinrocks
16-05-2013, 10:29 AM
I'm a bit of a coward, so just to be a bit mental, for the final i'm going to wear a pair of trousers with an extra couple of inches on the width.

Just tae run a parallel course? Cuild flare up if ye get too wide!!:greengrin

carnoustiehibee
16-05-2013, 10:35 AM
If only we could be as restrained and responsible as some other fans ...

One day I would like to be at that game. It's on my bucket-list.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSo7756a6zEnn6K76u8h54nDABYloMde FYgOgrBzuFLd7eRDsVZ

http://dawncompk.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/rivervboca670ap.jpg

Now your talking. Would love be at some of those games.

Probably have to take both my red and blue inhalers tho!!

--------
16-05-2013, 10:37 AM

Well, I'm a wee bit older then you, BH - go back to the fifties.

How about a nice pair of drainpipes?

http://www.anorak.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/tumblr_m8jyvbkfSg1qbjj2po1_400.jpg

:devil:

blackpoolhibs
16-05-2013, 10:40 AM
Well, I'm a wee bit older then you, BH - go back to the fifties.

How about a nice pair of drainpipes?

http://www.anorak.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/tumblr_m8jyvbkfSg1qbjj2po1_400.jpg

:devil:
Could be a goer this. :agree:

I cant see anyone throwing a drainpipe at a game, they'd never get it in for a start? :wink:

--------
16-05-2013, 10:43 AM

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQt_nHtbuhPDQPFVJPuTTJf8dmGPEaFE 2Qd2-RhI24Jkmo8WPZ72A
La Bombonera. Where the REAL beautiful people celebrate with high explosives. :devil:

These are the Boca Junior fans.

The banner refers to River Plate being relegated to the B division in 2011.

I know what 'puto' means - it's the masculine form of 'puta' and it isn't a compliment. I have no idea what 'cagon' means, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's something to do with goats.

Gettin' Auld
16-05-2013, 11:42 AM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQt_nHtbuhPDQPFVJPuTTJf8dmGPEaFE 2Qd2-RhI24Jkmo8WPZ72A
La Bombonera. Where the REAL beautiful people celebrate with high explosives. :devil:

These are the Boca Junior fans.

The banner refers to River Plate being relegated to the B division in 2011.

I know what 'puto' means - it's the masculine form of 'puta' and it isn't a compliment. I have no idea what 'cagon' means, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's something to do with goats.

Cagon means roughly - A coward who shi'ets themselves through fear.

kdhibees1
16-05-2013, 12:54 PM

:faf:

--------
16-05-2013, 01:32 PM
Cagon means roughly - A coward who shi'ets themselves through fear.

Thank you.

So a banner telling the opposition that they're homosexual prostitutes who crap their pants is OK at the Superclasico. :faf:

Along with smoke bombs, flares, and hand-guns to celebrate the goals.

Those boys really know how to follow football! :not worth

:woohoo: