PDA

View Full Version : Cup Final: Thomson v Brown

Monts
14-05-2013, 09:41 AM
Seeing that Scott Brown made his return from injury at the weekend, probably prematurely with the celtics cup final suspensions in mind, it got me thinking.

Our golden generation central midfield pairing, up against each other, in the cup final. Do you think this gives each player an added incentive? They were always best of friends when they were here before. Also with Thomson missing out on the chance to lift a cup with hibs (I know it was his own doing) and Brown most likely rubbing it in a little after, its the perfect opportunity to return the favour.

I imagine they still keep in contact regularly so Thomson will most likely know the level of fitness Brown will have for the final. Will he be able to use that though?

The Sea-gull
14-05-2013, 09:58 AM
Seeing that Scott Brown made his return from injury at the weekend, probably prematurely with the celtics cup final suspensions in mind, it got me thinking.

Our golden generation central midfield pairing, up against each other, in the cup final. Do you think this gives each player an added incentive? They were always best of friends when they were here before. Also with Thomson missing out on the chance to lift a cup with hibs (I know it was his own doing) and Brown most likely rubbing it in a little after, its the perfect opportunity to return the favour.

I imagine they still keep in contact regularly so Thomson will most likely know the level of fitness Brown will have for the final. Will he be able to use that though?

Don't think it will be a huge deal. They were both at opposing sides of the Old Firm for three years so must have played against each other a good few times.

WestEndHibee
14-05-2013, 10:02 AM

It's definitely an interesting match up. Broony came to watch Thomson's first game back and they are still good pals. I don't think they'll be up against each other though, I think Brown will have to deal with Taiwo and Claros with Thomson on the left but I reckon thomson will have inside information on how to get in and about Brown. Seeing as Brown played the other day he's going to be in a lot of pain because his injury isn't run of the mill its a degenerative hip problem. I was a little surprised that he did play to be honest because it'll mean he's not 100% by the final. I think he really wanted to play in the championship trophy game. If we can put a stamp on the midfield then we have every chance with Griffiths etc ready to feed off them.

Monts
14-05-2013, 11:33 AM
Don't think it will be a huge deal. They were both at opposing sides of the Old Firm for three years so must have played against each other a good few times.

Yes but that didnt involve winning a cup with hibs :wink:

Sergey
14-05-2013, 11:36 AM
I thought that Brown was suspended for the final, as is Wanyama. Might be wrong but.....

Aldo
14-05-2013, 11:40 AM
I thought that Brown was suspended for the final, as is Wanyama. Might be wrong but.....

Sergey Wanyama and Kayla defo out not sure bout brown tho?? I only thought he was injured and that he maybe back... He played on Sat and did pretty well by all accounts??

Can't see anywhere it says Brown is suspended!

s.a.m
14-05-2013, 11:41 AM

Wanyama and somebody else whose name I've forgotten are suspended. Brown was previously doubtful because he was recoevring from an operation.

Sergey
14-05-2013, 11:44 AM
Sergey Wanyama and Kayla defo out not sure bout brown tho?? I only thought he was injured and that he maybe back... He played on Sat and did pretty well by all accounts??

Can't see anywhere it says Brown is suspended!

Wanyama and somebody else whose name I've forgotten are suspended. Brown was previously doubtful because he was recoevring from an operation.

It looks like I was wrong as Brown played in their QF against Raith Rovers and didn't pick up a caution. He didn't feature in the semi so he should be eligible for the final.

Sorry for the confusion.

DaveF
14-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Wanyama and Kayal are banned.

Brown is free to play.

JOD
15-05-2013, 12:23 AM
all I can say is I met Broonie at cup final last year. He was absolutely gutted like the rest of us. He still loves the Hibees make no mistake but he is still a true professional and will give his best to his current employers. No problem wi that from me.He will return.:hibees

MrRobot
15-05-2013, 08:45 AM
Always rated Thomson higher than Brown when both were at Hibs.

London Hibs FC
15-05-2013, 02:53 PM
all I can say is I met Broonie at cup final last year. He was absolutely gutted like the rest of us. He still loves the Hibees make no mistake but he is still a true professional and will give his best to his current employers. No problem wi that from me.He will return.:hibees

I'd be curious to see just how much he'd celebrate if he scored the winner!?!?!? No matter how big a soft spot he may have for us I suspect that it'd be near enough impossible for anyone who netted a winning goal in a final not to go mental!

Needless to say, I'm hoping he doesn't have to face such a predicament on the day!

edinburghhibee
15-05-2013, 03:19 PM
I'd be curious to see just how much he'd celebrate if he scored the winner!?!?!? No matter how big a soft spot he may have for us I suspect that it'd be near enough impossible for anyone who netted a winning goal in a final not to go mental!

Needless to say, I'm hoping he doesn't have to face such a predicament on the day!

No danger would he celebrate in front of us however if at the Celtic end I think the celebration he done infront of diouf would appear.

seven nowt
15-05-2013, 06:54 PM
Thommo is a brilliant midfielder. He'll be up for it.