PDA

View Full Version : 19/5/12.....the day hearts ended hibs!

Mister P
14-05-2013, 08:23 AM
That's like saying they broke our wrist with their face.

That day, specifically the years of over spending leading up to that day, will end them!

Bye.

Not long now.

Treadstone
14-05-2013, 08:26 AM
19/05/12

Thought I had missed something

brydekirk
14-05-2013, 08:31 AM
Some o the puddle drinkers are trying to arrange a party on the 19th, after sunday theres not many takers.

Vini1875
14-05-2013, 08:51 AM
I really hope they keep this up, it seems to be motivating us while leaving them with their head firmly in the sand. They seem to like that position.

carnoustiehibee
14-05-2013, 09:00 AM
Hearts used to go into every derby like it was a cup final. They had forgotten about the derby before and were pumped up to give hibs a tough time again.

Things have now changed after last may. The players and fans are stuck in a may 19th time warp. Obsessing with one result will be, and has been so far,there downfall.

I can't honestly see it changing anytime soon.

truehibernian
14-05-2013, 09:07 AM
Knocked them out the cup, two draws, should have been two wins but for an official's incompetence, but we'll settle for pumping them at their patch - they can party until the wee small hours for all I care - the cup final has been inspirational - for Hibs :agree: I sincerely hope they continue to bring it up ad nauseam - it's clearly working in our favour.

Even if they don't though, Liam McLeod will carry the baton for them - seems to be more imprinted in his mind than a Hearts supporter's.

GlenrothesHibee
14-05-2013, 09:10 AM
They are so obsessed with 5-1 they cant function properly anymore.

Let them celebrate the 1 year anniversary of the last time they beat us and lets concentrate on another cup final.

14-05-2013, 09:17 AM
Their team consisted of players such as Skacel, Black etc who they could no where near afford. Now that they are slightly more on a level playing field with us in terms of playing with a team they can afford, they can't beat us. The financial cheating has given the hearts fans this fake idea and delusion that they are some huge and mighty club when in reality they are far from it. Let them continue to hide behind 5-1, the more they continue with their delusions and heads in the sand the worse it gets for them coz they cant wake up and see that their team is absolute ***** and their club is well and truly up **** creek!

I still nearly wet myself laughing when I think back to last year when all the jambos were giving it "we killed use as a club" "we have left use behind" "celtic are our rivals now, use are an irrelevance to us now" :faf::faf::faf:

Eh no, we have gotten stronger and since we don't do financial doping like you we have a bright future. The only team that has been crippled because of last years final is you because you cheated to win it.

You are gonna finish below us, we knocked you out the cup you have a "special relationship with", you haven't beaten us at all this season, your club is a frail injured animal struggling to stay afloat, you got ****ed in the wee cup final by relegation battlers St Mirren, you have no big cup final to look forward to, you have more players leaving in the summer, Romanov has lost interest etc etc

But awck well 5-1 and 1902 eh, everythings great now :D!

:ostrich::ostrich::ostrich:

Pretty Boy
14-05-2013, 09:18 AM
The thing about last May is that whilst I convinced myself otherwise, it wasn't entirely unexpected. They had outplayed us in all the derbies that season and had a far, far better squad than they should have been able to afford.

Obviously I would rather things had went differently but after the 1st couple of days I really can't get too worked up about it anymore. Hearts really have failed to capitalise on it as well, apart from a few banners and songs their fans have failed to really use the biggest gift we could have given them and as the financial playing field has levelled their players simply can't take advantage because they aren't good enough.

I can honestly say that if we lost this year it would hurt a lot more because this year I really think we have half a chance.

hibby rae
14-05-2013, 10:10 AM
Their team consisted of players such as Skacel, Black etc who they could no where near afford. Now that they are slightly more on a level playing field with us in terms of playing with a team they can afford, they can't beat us. The financial cheating has given the hearts fans this fake idea and delusion that they are some huge and mighty club when in reality they are far from it. Let them continue to hide behind 5-1, the more they continue with their delusions and heads in the sand the worse it gets for them coz they cant wake up and see that their team is absolute ***** and their club is well and truly up **** creek!

I still nearly wet myself laughing when I think back to last year when all the jambos were giving it "we killed use as a club" "we have left use behind" "celtic are our rivals now, use are an irrelevance to us now" :faf::faf::faf:

Eh no, we have gotten stronger and since we don't do financial doping like you we have a bright future. The only team that has been crippled because of last years final is you because you cheated to win it.

You are gonna finish below us, we knocked you out the cup you have a "special relationship with", you haven't beaten us at all this season, your club is a frail injured animal struggling to stay afloat, you got ****ed in the wee cup final by relegation battlers St Mirren, you have no big cup final to look forward to, you have more players leaving in the summer, Romanov has lost interest etc etc

But awck well 5-1 and 1902 eh, everythings great now :D!

:ostrich::ostrich::ostrich:

It's very much like a next door neighbour thinking they are better than you because they've maxed out 5 credit cards and now the bailiffs are knocking on their door.

scott7_0(Prague)
14-05-2013, 11:31 AM
The daft YAMs are thinking they will be winding us up on the 19th... Well i am happy to post on any social sites on the May 19th - "The official day the Edinburgh derby was reborn for Hibs".

For me the 19th means nothing now, its past, nothing more we can do about it. Turn a negative to a positive please. 5 games undefeated is the positive we have seen.

SkintHibby
14-05-2013, 03:01 PM
After the 0-7 game, did Hibs not struggle to win Edinburgh derbies for a while afterwards?

14-05-2013, 03:05 PM
Their arranged parties for the 19th of May will be hilarious after sunday :faf::fenlon

3pm
14-05-2013, 03:09 PM
5 winless derbies in 1 year since their big day.

Stick yer 5-1 up yer arse.

Thecat23
14-05-2013, 03:11 PM
How annoyed would they be if we all posted our own 5-1's on that to celebrate 5 derbies and not one loss :greengrin They can live in the past all they want. The future of that club will prove memories will all they will have. If they survive it will be on the smallest budget and they will toil to beat us most games mark my words.

Thecat23
14-05-2013, 03:13 PM
Oh and one more thing.... What doesn't kill you makes you STRONGER! we are coming for them and won't ever take a hiding like that in a derby again.

GreenCastle
14-05-2013, 04:24 PM
5-1 years since they last won the League Cup - the so called wee cup when they all turned up to watch them beat St Mirren :lolyam:

0-7 and 6-2 still stand - 0-7 at your own stadium is humiliating.

The only thing I was thankful of on the 19th was that it wasn't more -they should be regretting that as it could have been.

Well over it and the recent semi against Falkirk felt worse at half time - as we had better players than Falkirk - it was 3v0 at half time and it was a 1st Division side we were playing where we were favourites to win!

superfurryhibby
14-05-2013, 06:43 PM
After the 0-7 game, did Hibs not struggle to win Edinburgh derbies for a while afterwards?

Lost 4-1 v them at Tynie. My 1st derby. Dominated the 70's thereafter.I don't remember losing against them much until the 80's.