PDA

View Full Version : Yams Am I the only one that would be sorry to see them go?

SanFranHibs
13-05-2013, 10:45 PM
No...really!!

Should Hearts go out of business I will be so sorry and sad and will be posting to remind you of all the good times.

I cannot think which requiem would be more appropriate, Mozart's or Faure's but I think I have the perfect piece to mark their passing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDcKucuRJx0

:flag:

Saorsa
13-05-2013, 10:47 PM
Better vid tae go with that tune though :agree:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vARBJvYiAPM

Diclonius
13-05-2013, 10:48 PM
Games like yesterday make it worth having a rival. Not even wins against Celtic and Rangers compare to the feeling you get from beating Hearts and for that reason alone I'd want them to survive in one way or another, as much as I hate them. :agree:

Sean1875
13-05-2013, 10:50 PM
Games like yesterday make it worth having a rival. Not even wins against Celtic and Rangers compare to the feeling you get from beating Hearts and for that reason alone I'd want them to survive in one way or another, as much as I hate them. :agree:

Took the words out of my mouth/fingertips :greengrin The feeling of scoring in a derby, let alone a winner in the last few minutes, is a feeling that could never be reached against any other team. Well, maybe except Celtic next Sunday :aok:

Hibercelona
13-05-2013, 10:51 PM
I wish they'd just hurry up and die if truth be told.

Saorsa
13-05-2013, 10:53 PM
Sorry tae see them go? Not a ****in' chance, the morn will dae.

Scouse Hibee
13-05-2013, 10:55 PM
It will be a sad day for Scottish football if an SPL club go to the wall no matter who they are.

Hibercelona
13-05-2013, 10:56 PM
Sorry tae see them go? Not a ****in' chance, the morn will dae.

That's too far away.

The last 2 minutes of today will do!

Saorsa
13-05-2013, 11:00 PM
It will be a sad day for Scottish football if an SPL club go to the wall no matter who they are.It was sad for Hibs 20 odd years ago when the FTB that owned that club along with his pal rowland rat tried tae kill my club. Never forgiven and never forgotten, **** h****s

Scouse Hibee
13-05-2013, 11:07 PM
It was sad for Hibs 20 odd years ago when the FTB that owned that club along with his pal rowland rat tried tae kill my club. Never forgiven and never forgotten, **** h****s

They're long gone! I remember it well, still doesn't make me think that the SPL will be better of if clubs go to the wall though.

Saorsa
13-05-2013, 11:09 PM
They're long gone!It'll be finished when they are.

silverhibee
13-05-2013, 11:30 PM
It will be a sad day for Scottish football if an SPL club go to the wall no matter who they are.

F*** the h*****

Hope they die as a club tomorrow, and that's still not quick enough for me.

Hate them.

GGTTH

jgl07
13-05-2013, 11:38 PM
So Heart of Midlothian die. They will be replaced by the Rim of Midlothian (the Rimmers) and be back in the SPL within six years.

Ozyhibby
14-05-2013, 12:13 AM
There will be a new Hearts in some form or other.
A newco starting in 3rd Div with a rented stadium after missing a season because they were not ready on time would be my preference.

Deansy
14-05-2013, 12:37 AM
I don't want them to go - we've got 30+ years of pay-back for them !!. Ever since Mercer took over they've used money that they don't have, to field teams that have been way, way above their natural and historical standard and level - that's reflected in the derby-record being so abysmal !!. No, I want them to suffer like WE'VE had to suffer - I was 14 before I witnessed a derby-defeat from them and I want future young Hibees to grow up like I did when losing to THEM was a shock !!

givescotlandfreedom
14-05-2013, 01:57 AM
I want them to die alone in their own piss and vomit, half eaten by cats and only found when the neighbours complain about the smell and the milk bottles gathering up on their doorstep.

Reaper
14-05-2013, 04:04 AM
**** them. Every one of them. I know some decent individuals that follow them. Collectively theyre Rodents.

GlenrothesHibee
14-05-2013, 05:06 AM
Not bothered about them. We've left them behind. Id say Celtic are our biggest rivals now

Gatecrasher
14-05-2013, 05:47 AM
Even if they do go bust no doubt there will be a sevco 2 situation and it will be hilarious watching them struggling through the lower leagues. It won't be as easy for them as rangers had it.

Onion
14-05-2013, 05:54 AM
No reason to get too concerned or upset about Hearts going out of business simply because they wont. The great and the good of Old Reekie will never allow that to happen. So save you tears for Hearts and think about all the advantages they have been granted over the years, financial doping, council privileges and funding, dodgy decisions, and all their deluded bile.

There is far more chance of them coming our if all this smelling of roses than going out of business. Ponder that while you fret!

TrinityHibs
14-05-2013, 06:08 AM
Even if they do go bust no doubt there will be a sevco 2 situation and it will be hilarious watching them struggling through the lower leagues. It won't be as easy for them as rangers had it.

Sundays team less the big earners wouldnt get out of Div 3

SaudiHibby
14-05-2013, 06:08 AM
The thought of one yam celebrating one more goal, even if it is versus Cowdenbeath, is too painful for me. I want all yams to cry themselves to sleep for the rest of their lives and for subsequent generations not to even remember who their Mums and two Dads supported.

FTH.

scott7_0(Prague)
14-05-2013, 06:13 AM
To be honest 4 or 5 years ago I would have some sympathy, but these days with there arrogant and erseholes fans. Nope wouldn't be missed. The quicker the better for me.

Aldo
14-05-2013, 06:22 AM
It was sad for Hibs 20 odd years ago when the FTB that owned that club along with his pal rowland rat tried tae kill my club. Never forgiven and never forgotten, **** h****s

This. I've said it before and I'll say it again

I want them totally and utter wiped off the face of this earth, gone, no more, obliterated nothing more, nothing less.

Smiggy 7-0
14-05-2013, 06:25 AM
To be honest 4 or 5 years ago I would have some sympathy, but these days with there arrogant and erseholes fans. Nope wouldn't be missed. The quicker the better for me.

:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:

ronaldo7
14-05-2013, 06:32 AM
The thought of one yam celebrating one more goal, even if it is versus Cowdenbeath, is too painful for me. I want all yams to cry themselves to sleep for the rest of their lives and for subsequent generations not to even remember who their Mums and two Dads supported.

FTH.

Spot on:agree:

Baker9
14-05-2013, 06:56 AM
It would never be quite the same again if they go but the City of Edinburgh is a perfect size for one team - the only team, the big team. A potentially great future for Edinburgh Hibs.

Don Giovanni
14-05-2013, 07:14 AM
I don't think I'm all that bothered to be honest. Whether its struggling under the weight of their debt, relegation and a good few humpings from "the wee team" :wink: or liquidation & scrabbling around trying desperately to cobble together a newco, the future for them is pretty bleak. They are about to reap what they have sown.

So long as we continue to improve I'll not be too worried about their trials & tribulations (entertaining though they are!).

GGTTH

Bostonhibby
14-05-2013, 07:25 AM

I'm in the won't be sorry camp for all of the reasons above, if you take away the arrogance and attitude since the dear leader arrived I might be a bit more sympathetic, but this group of yams have still mainly no sense of how they weren't actually invincible and there is also no sense of wrong doing so bring on the consequences.

For those that might miss them, I share some of the regrets but if they do go it is unlikely to be as final and traumatic as what whalearse planned for us and the road to their demise certainly hasn't been as quick as Wally planned for us either but that's a matter where the SPL and SFA have been played like a good fiddle by Vlad and his cronies.

Some form of nomadic skint club is likely to mutate from their administration / liquidation so that is likely to be what we will have to settle for, one team in Edinburgh. The midlothian one may play in Edinburgh if its mutation is helped to find a ground within the city.

s.a.m
14-05-2013, 07:27 AM
The thing is, on the subject of missing days like Sunday.....

Sunday was only so special because of our recent history against them. When they are a diminished force, days like Sunday won't produce that kind of ecstatic response. In the (admittedly limited) periods in the last couple of decades when we have had the upper hand, games against Hearts were only marginally more interesting than any other game.

So, naw. I would get over it.

Islington Hibs
14-05-2013, 07:27 AM
No. They have over traded well beyond their financial capability re £25m or is it £47m (either way a hell of a lot) of debt which has unfairly (same as Rangers) bought a bit of success while others, notably Hibs, have lived within their means. It is no surprise they have dominated the derby, until now, as they have bought it. It has not been a level playing field. They will survive, probably as a new co a la Rangers but there has to be 'supporting integrity' i.e they start again, preferably at the bottom of the pyramid, playing on the Meadows, but more realistically in Div 3. And I would say that should the Rangers precedent should apply to any club that goes bust. They will be back and the rivalry is good for both clubs but they need to do 'their time.' To get our fix in the mean time, and some revenue for both clubs, the East of Scotland shield should be reborn as the derby played home and away.

clerriehibs
14-05-2013, 07:28 AM
They've been cheating since romanov walked through the door. They and their so-called achievements need to be wiped from the record.

Saorsa
14-05-2013, 07:33 AM
They've been cheating since romanov walked through the door. They and their so-called achievements need to be wiped from the record.They've been at it a lot longer than that, just more so under the mad mariner.

YehButNoBut
14-05-2013, 07:35 AM
It would never be quite the same again if they go but the City of Edinburgh is a perfect size for one team - the only team, the big team. A potentially great future for Edinburgh Hibs.

:agree:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BKKTdeZCQAAHcKZ.jpg

Hiber-nation
14-05-2013, 07:36 AM
More days like Sunday is what I want. These are the best days you can get if you're a Hibbie and that's what makes it all worthwhile.

Winston Ingram
14-05-2013, 07:53 AM
They won't completely die, there will be an offspring. I'd settle for them losing the PBS.

🎼Away up in..Meadowbank?

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2013, 08:27 AM
I have not missed Clydebank or Third Lanark, i sure as hell wouldnt miss the gimps.

Green Fish
14-05-2013, 10:01 AM
I have some mates who are yams and I would feel for them if Homo fc died. BUT, I also know some yams, who tbh, I detest and I can't wait for the day which has been coming.

If they do cease to exist they will all continue to go on and on about their 'domination' and 5-1. I think the best scenario for us is for them to be homeless and a long, drawn out demise and years of us being the force in Edinburgh.

GG

Onion
14-05-2013, 10:10 AM
This. I've said it before and I'll say it again

I want them totally and utter wiped off the face of this earth, gone, no more, obliterated nothing more, nothing less.

Then be prepared to be disappointed as it won't happen. May have to settle for 2nd prize, a few years' languishing in the lower leagues playing at Saughton and getting a few humpings from the Hibs now and then :)

Aldo
14-05-2013, 10:15 AM
Then be prepared to be disappointed as it won't happen. May have to settle for 2nd prize, a few years' languishing in the lower leagues playing at Saughton and getting a few humpings from the Hibs now and then :)

If this is the case then it's WIN/WIN. They are screwed anyway. Just need a wee but if luck on the 26th we can turn the screw even tighter.

FTH
GGTTH

Ps. Still want them deid

Don Giovanni
14-05-2013, 10:21 AM
:agree:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BKKTdeZCQAAHcKZ.jpg

I suppose it shouldnt be encouraged but... I quite like the look of that tag :greengrin

I was on holiday a couple of years ago in Dubrovnik (beautiful place BTW) and there were Hadjuk (Split) tags all around the resort and city.
Left in no doubt which team the locals followed.

Keith_M
14-05-2013, 10:35 AM
I have not missed Clydebank or Third Lanark, i sure as hell wouldnt miss the gimps.

Unless you're lying about your age, you were seven when Thirds went bust :wink:. Surely you can't even remember them.

Either way, it's hardly the same thing. I can't remember getting excited about any game against Clydebank.

Back to the OPs question:

I said before that the way I would like to get revenge against them for their years of overspending (and subsequent dominance) is to totally dominate them on the field of play for years to come. As they not only are struggling to come to terms with having to live within their means, they'll be hampered by the debt they built up for a long time. The gives us the opportunity to have that dominance for years, maybe even decades.

Yet more celebrations like Sunday and the SC game in December :thumbsup:

hibsbollah
17-05-2013, 08:29 AM
Despite everything, i really dont want them to be demoted. The season just isnt going to be the same without that derby feeling, especially as we have a real shot of establishing some genuine superiority over them on the pitch for years to come.

Anyone else?

Craig_in_Prague
17-05-2013, 08:31 AM
20 years of over spending and 7 years of ridiculous arrogance and delusion.

Flush them away..

southsider
17-05-2013, 08:33 AM
No a slow, slow painfull death would suit me just fine.

Spike Mandela
17-05-2013, 08:33 AM
Despite everything, i really dont want them to be demoted. The season just isnt going to be the same without that derby feeling, especially as we have a genuine shot of establishing some genuine superiority over them on the pitch.

Anyone else?

If they genuinely were starting to live within their means and had to pay back their debt, were hammered with a points deduction, kept Gary Locke and we held on to Leigh and improved our squad, well, it might just be fun.:cb

pontius pilate
17-05-2013, 08:36 AM
If probably for for hammering them and adding some extra nails into their coffin as they start the season with a points deduction and no way of staying up. Some of the yams i know on F/b etc are starting to realise that it's not #allisbarry to the extent that Huns are now sticking the boot in. It would be interesting to know what they think about this

SonOfDavidFrancey
17-05-2013, 08:38 AM
Despite everything, i really dont want them to be demoted. The season just isnt going to be the same without that derby feeling, especially as we have a real shot of establishing some genuine superiority over them on the pitch for years to come.

Anyone else?

100%. Much happier with a points deduction and an ongoing struggle. Getting sent down will encourage the burning martyr feeling, getting bahind the team etc.

#FromTheCapital
17-05-2013, 08:39 AM
Na get them to ****.

Beefster
17-05-2013, 08:41 AM
Nope, the worse it gets for them, the better IMHO.

Phil MaGlass
17-05-2013, 08:42 AM
No **** thum.....deserve absolutely no pity from man nor beast, their delusional fans AND players have been giving it big for years on unsustainable budgets, and to be honest, I really would like to see them completely go out of business like Third Lanark. Of course, that wont happen, theres always some mug willing to purchase a hoofball club.
As for no derbies, I would be willing to forego 4 derbies a year so we could meet and pump them in any cup.
Another question though, Where would the derbies be played? I have a feeling the last game we won in the PBS may well be the last time we will visit there. Maybe they can groundshare with Livingstone.

SlickShoes
17-05-2013, 08:42 AM
The sheer arrogance of them since Romanov took the helm is astounding, they deserve everything they get. I used to know Jambos I could have a normal conversation with but since he took over it's all arrogance and a horrible attitude, like someone else said, flush them away please.

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-05-2013, 08:43 AM
The fat lady is clearing her throat, get on with it!

BT58
17-05-2013, 08:45 AM
punt them into Division 3, take away the PBS, they could ground share with livi [sorry livi fans/residents],NO YAMS IN EDINBURGH ----WOULD BE BARRY :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
BT

Purehibee_MYB
17-05-2013, 08:47 AM

Anyone else?

I'm torn between watching them burn or humiliating them throughout all of next season.

I think I would enjoy seeing them go, but ultimately there would be something missing from next season without the derby

Phil MaGlass
17-05-2013, 08:48 AM
punt them into Division 3, take away the PBS, they could ground share with livi [sorry livi fans/residents],NO YAMS IN EDINBURGH ----WOULD BE BARRY :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
BT

wallace mercer may be right, one team in Edinburgh, what a visionary.

Deansy
17-05-2013, 08:49 AM
100%. Much happier with a points deduction and an ongoing struggle. Getting sent down will encourage the burning martyr feeling, getting bahind the team etc.

100% in agreement with you, already a lot of them are sounding more and more like their big-brothers in the west -

"****** the SPL - let's see how they cope with losing another big-team"

Amazing what 30+ years of 'Financial Football' can do, a large part of them genuinely believe they're up there with the 'Big Boys' !

happiehibbie
17-05-2013, 08:51 AM
I will miss the derbies TBH but this is only the tip of the ice berg.

I for one can not forget the Hands of Hibs year so I hope it gets sorted out one way or another.

I have real friends who are Hearts fans my dad was one

What game will you look forward to next year if the go down or worse burst

Sir David Gray
17-05-2013, 08:57 AM
:bye: Hearts.

:giruy:

Phil MaGlass
17-05-2013, 09:02 AM
Maybe the poll on the Financial Meltdown Thread should be redone now, to see if anyone has changed their minds, now that its almost inevitable they will go down?

Andy74
17-05-2013, 09:05 AM
A quick look at some of those threads posted from Kickback illustrates exacty why they should just be shut down, and quickly.

If they linger about its just going to bring out the worst in that lot.

Losing the derby is fine by me. It's not really a challenge to us these days anyway.

Keith_M
17-05-2013, 09:12 AM

Anyone else?

I actually feel the same. Even if it was just for one season then they get relegated.

If/when they come back up, they'll still be saddled with debt and the dominance over them would hopefully continue.

Teapot
17-05-2013, 09:22 AM

Anyone else?

That feeling when wotherspoons goal went in back in December was one of my best as a hibs fan, especially after the derbies in the season before. I want more days like that and we have a real chance of going on a long unbeaten run against them. So for me I hope they toil in the SPL next year.

hibsbollah
17-05-2013, 09:49 AM
No **** thum.....deserve absolutely no pity from man nor beast, their delusional fans AND players have been giving it big for years on unsustainable budgets, and to be honest, I really would like to see them completely go out of business like Third Lanark. Of course, that wont happen, theres always some mug willing to purchase a hoofball club.
As for no derbies, I would be willing to forego 4 derbies a year so we could meet and pump them in any cup.
Another question though, Where would the derbies be played? I have a feeling the last game we won in the PBS may well be the last time we will visit there. Maybe they can groundshare with Livingstone.

I'm not saying i have any pity for them, i want my derby fix next year out of self-interest. Going to school in Edinburgh in the 80s, when we couldnt beat them for 23 games, wasnt good. I really believe We have a chance to do something similar to them over the next few years.

GlenrothesHibee
17-05-2013, 10:28 AM

Anyone else?

I agree. Demoting them would be their 5-1. Look how we have responded after that. We are a club with a point to prove. The backing has been tremendous. At the moment Hearts are flat. Their fans dont sing, there is no drive about the club whatsoever. Relegating them might thet them regroup and develop a siege mentality so to speak. Keep them in the SPL but give them restrictions until they prove their house is in order. I want them dominated on the park - where it matters

1875HFC
17-05-2013, 10:45 AM
Relegation to be decided on Monday :na na:

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hearts/225724-hearts-relegation-fate-to-be-decided-on-monday-following-ubig-insolvency/

Billy Whizz
17-05-2013, 11:07 AM
I'll miss the Derby's, especially now we are the top team. What a feeling on Sunday, when the winner went in. They will be weak for a few seasons now, so we would rack up a lot of victories!

DH1875
17-05-2013, 12:49 PM

Anyone else?

If they don't go down this year then they are certs to go down next year so I guess we're just going to have to get used to it :greengrin.

Saorsa
17-05-2013, 01:09 PM
Maybe the poll on the Financial Meltdown Thread should be redone now, to see if anyone has changed their minds, now that its almost inevitable they will go down?My vote will remain the same :greengrin

Points deduction, relegation then liquidation is what I want, **** h****s

Billy Whizz
17-05-2013, 01:19 PM
If they are relegated, will this give us fixture problems, with Hibs or Hearts games getting moved to the Sunday, if we are at home the same week, unless SPL2 goes through and the same organisation produces the fixtures

LeighLoyal
17-05-2013, 02:10 PM
Twenty years ago I would have rejoiced as I did hate them. Not so much these days, but GIRUT :fenlon

Hibernia Na Eir
17-05-2013, 02:27 PM
3 simple words for them

get to F***

rcarter1
17-05-2013, 02:29 PM
A complete liquidation with no hope for rebirth would most definitely help Hibs in the very long term, however I just cant see that happening. I would also feel rotten for the decent Jambos I enjoy sensible banter with. It would probably also increase the amount of Rangers fans in your area, so bums to that as well.

Relegation plus years of financial 'reverse doping', coincidental with a healthy spattering of 3, 4+ goal margin victories for Hibs would surely represent having ones cake and eating it.

Long live the Jambos! :hide::tin hat:

DH1875
17-05-2013, 02:30 PM
If they are relegated, will this give us fixture problems, with Hibs or Hearts games getting moved to the Sunday, if we are at home the same week, unless SPL2 goes through and the same organisation produces the fixtures

Don't think it's done Dundee Utd any harm in recent years. Think they actually had more issues with Dundee being in the same league this year.

SteveHFC
17-05-2013, 02:32 PM
Want them to suffer in the lower league for years to come :aok: