PDA

View Full Version : The question on everybody's mind: How many Allez Allez Aus?

R'Albin
13-05-2013, 10:11 PM
We need to come to some sort of a decision on this, some people do three, and some only do two before carrying on "Hibernian FC.... from the capital". It always leaves me so confused as to what part we're at :boo hoo:

wearethehibs
13-05-2013, 10:28 PM
I mis understood that post. Its defo 3, Alley Alley alley oh.

Its not AliAliAliohhh at 100mph ether ;)

calumhibee1
13-05-2013, 10:47 PM
Allez allez allez oh, allez allez allez oh, hibernian fc...

Ryan91
13-05-2013, 10:48 PM
I mis understood that post. Its defo 3, Alley Alley alley oh.

Its not AliAliAliohhh at 100mph ether ;)

I think that OP was referring to the number of times you sing 'Allez Allez...' before progressing onto 'Hibernian FC...' and the answer is most certainly 2

Bristolhibby
13-05-2013, 10:53 PM
Not Clear, I voted three.

But if the OP wanted to know when Hibernian FC comes in its two.

J

ZS DOOM
13-05-2013, 11:02 PM
Allez Allez Allez Au
Allez Allez Allez Au
Hibernian FC
From the capital

And sing it like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8u_Geb19bg

not like how it currently gets sung

JeMeSouviens
14-05-2013, 07:56 AM
We've really lost the rhythm of this recently. The "Allez"s have been more like "Alley"s.

Clueless' vid has it perfectly:

littleplum
14-05-2013, 08:03 AM
And sing it like this

We seem to sing it in a different key too (which I prefer).

Treadstone
14-05-2013, 08:17 AM
We've really lost the rhythm of this recently. The "Allez"s have been more like "Alley"s.

My mate Ahmed says its actually 'Allah'

SaulGoodman
14-05-2013, 08:19 AM

Watch out! You don't want the kickback crew thinking we're racist!

What do you mean they already do?

MacBean
14-05-2013, 08:22 AM
Pretty sure the Hibs ST propoganda had 3 Allez', and that's what I sing

marti1875
14-05-2013, 10:31 AM
Allez Allez Allez Au
Allez Allez Allez Au
Hibernian FC
From the capital

And sing it like this

This. now it sounds like ally ally ally ally oh, putting four in and also instead of 3 "allez" like it was when it first started...now it's getting sung so quick it's getting a bit distorted, it's not ally ally....:greengrin:rolleyes:

DarrenSQH
14-05-2013, 10:34 AM
Allez Allez Allez Au
Allez Allez Allez Au
Hibernian FC
From the capital

This is correct!

Makaveli
14-05-2013, 01:45 PM
It's not the number of times that some folk get mixed up with... it's that "allez" should sound like "allay" (allay your fears) rather than "alley" (what's Rix doing in that alley?)

DH1875
14-05-2013, 02:10 PM
Tin hat on but I don't really like it :hide:. Much prefer the good old Hi-bees bounce :pfgwa.

TAHibby
14-05-2013, 04:41 PM
Maybe I'm wrong but I think it has been progressively been sung more incorrectly as the season goes on. Seems the 'allezs' are too quick and pronounced wrong as said above. I'm very rhythmical so it bugs me big time. :greengrin

zosohibee
14-05-2013, 08:32 PM
This is the best song weve had in a while, shame everybody gets it wrong, not all that hard really. 3 Allez's then au. And its in french so its not "ally" its a-lay a-lay. The second allez is longer as well, people just mong out a few allys to no particular melody and then join in on the HFC FTC bit. There was a drummer in the lower section at tynie also who seemed like he was pished, couldnt keep the beat for *****. Might also post the proper melody on youtube just to keep people right, it can be an awesome one if done right

nonshinyfinish
14-05-2013, 08:44 PM
Voted 'three' because I assumed you meant the number of 'allez's before each 'au', but if you meant the number of times that 'allez allez allez au' is repeated before 'Hibernian F.C.'... then obviously two.

Pronunciation: it's all about emphasis - ah-LEZ ah-LEEEZ AH-lez au

And as above, don't sing it too fast either.

Arguing about the intricacies of football chant pronunciation - I love it! :nerd:

Elephant Stone
14-05-2013, 08:46 PM

It hasn't sounded like that in a long time! It's definitely in need of some refinement.

Glory Lurker
14-05-2013, 08:52 PM
Just sinking a couple of beers with Sauzee and Zitelli at the moment, and they're both complaining that - if we're going to get the French right - it should be "Allez a l'" (with a grave over the "a", of course). I've told them that that just wouldn't scan at all. Tense moments at my bit, I'll tell ya.

lyonhibs
14-05-2013, 08:59 PM
Clearly 2. I hope the 50% of people who have voted 3 got confused re: what the OP was asking.

Glory Lurker
14-05-2013, 09:01 PM
Clearly 2. I hope the 50% of people who have voted 3 got confused re: what the OP was asking.

Jings, you're right, aren't you? It is only two. Flip's sake, it's like a trick question.:doh:

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-05-2013, 09:05 PM

How many does he Singh though?!! ;-)

FromTheCapital
14-05-2013, 09:06 PM
If you're looking at how many 'Allez's' there are in each one there are three.
But, if your looking at how many times Allez Allez Allez Au is repeated, then it is two...

Allez Allez Allez Au,
Allez Allez Allez Au,
Hibernian FC,
From The Capital.

:flag:

proud_and_green
14-05-2013, 09:07 PM
Oh come on, its two times. Never has been three and let's not change that!

PerfectlyFranck
14-05-2013, 09:08 PM
We need to come to some sort of a decision on this, some people do three, and some only do two before carrying on "Hibernian FC.... from the capital". It always leaves me so confused as to what part we're at :boo hoo:

I don't understand why there's a vote.

It is 3 'allez's.

pronounced 'al-ay al-ay al-ay auuuuu' and to the beat, not like you're bursting in a queue for the toilets.

alyalyalyoooooooooooalyalyalyoooooalyalyooooooalya lyoooo :confused:

I didn't notice people were also using one less 'allez' until the Falkirk game when it was very noticeable.
It's just on of those little irks, I suppose. I bet the Sect43 drummer gets a bit confused when there's allsorts of versions at the same time.

proud_and_green
14-05-2013, 09:12 PM
This. now it sounds like ally ally ally ally oh, putting four in and also instead of 3 "allez" like it was when it first started...now it's getting sung so quick it's getting a bit distorted, it's not ally ally....:greengrin:rolleyes:

Agreed,

also we need the drummer to keep everyone in time, or perhaps we should have a drummer per stand synchronised and co-ordinated by a conductor projected onto a giant screen in the corner....... ahem.....what was the question?

PerfectlyFranck
14-05-2013, 09:35 PM
I don't understand why there's a vote.

It is 3 'allez's.

pronounced 'al-ay al-ay al-ay auuuuu' and to the beat, not like you're bursting in a queue for the toilets.

alyalyalyoooooooooooalyalyalyoooooalyalyooooooalya lyoooo :confused:

I didn't notice people were also using one less 'allez' until the Falkirk game when it was very noticeable.
It's just on of those little irks, I suppose. I bet the Sect43 drummer gets a bit confused when there's allsorts of versions at the same time.

My mistake OP!

I think others have made the same mistake and misread. I thought you were talking about how many words in each line and not how many lines before 'Hibernian F.C. …..'

:embarrass

The answer in that case would be 2 - which I also don't understand why there'd need to be a poll!
It always has been 2, perhaps the crazy allyallyoos have made it 3 from people picking up the song incorrectly!
Is it that difficult?

oramhibee
15-05-2013, 06:59 AM
Voted 3 then realised, it's how many times Allez Allez Allez au should be sung before Hibernian FC...

NOT

How many times we should sing Allez before au!

frazeHFC
15-05-2013, 07:23 AM
It's not the number of times that some folk get mixed up with... it's that "allez" should sound like "allay" (allay your fears) rather than "alley" (what's Rix doing in that alley?)

:agree: People need to pronounce the Alez right or we just look stupid.

MacBean
15-05-2013, 07:26 AM
If you're looking at how many 'Allez's' there are in each one there are three.
But, if your looking at how many times Allez Allez Allez Au is repeated, then it is two...

Allez Allez Allez Au,
Allez Allez Allez Au,
Hibernian FC,
From The Capital.

:flag:

Correctomundo
:agree:

Future17
15-05-2013, 01:46 PM
This thread is brilliant. :greengrin

deeks01
15-05-2013, 03:26 PM
All seems to be getting a bit muddled - I hope Sect43 have mass singing lessons organised for the Dundee game so we can all be in perfect rhythm for the final.

davhibby
15-05-2013, 03:34 PM
All seems to be getting a bit muddled - I hope Sect43 have mass singing lessons organised for the Dundee game so we can all be in perfect rhythm for the final.

My thoughts exactly, get sect 43 on at half time to give us some singing lessons

Lofarl
15-05-2013, 03:34 PM
It's 3 allez, 2 verses and we tend to sing it in 3 different versions and 3 different keys......Half life 3 confirmed!

Treadstone
15-05-2013, 03:37 PM
Right 25th May, The Meadows at 3pm and we're no leaving until we get it right!

Pete
15-05-2013, 03:38 PM

I'm struggling to tell the difference between all these versions.

Greendub
15-05-2013, 03:48 PM
That might explain why it sounds so out of sync on the tv, I think sect 43 need to start it and everyone join in, it a very powerful chant if done well.

madabouthibs
15-05-2013, 03:50 PM
Can we no have it printed on the cards we've to hold up at the final??? :greengrin

R'Albin
15-05-2013, 03:50 PM
It's the amount of Allez Allez Aus, not the amount of Allez Allezs, get with it people :greengrin

PerfectlyFranck
15-05-2013, 04:05 PM
It's the amount of Allez Allez Aus, not the amount of Allez Allezs, get with it people :greengrin

Allez Allez Allez Aus :aok:

R'Albin
15-05-2013, 04:09 PM
Allez Allez Allez Aus :aok:

Just making sure you were on your toes :wink:

Bristolhibby
15-05-2013, 04:14 PM
This is the best song weve had in a while, shame everybody gets it wrong, not all that hard really. 3 Allez's then au. And its in french so its not "ally" its a-lay a-lay. The second allez is longer as well, people just mong out a few allys to no particular melody and then join in on the HFC FTC bit. There was a drummer in the lower section at tynie also who seemed like he was pished, couldnt keep the beat for *****. Might also post the proper melody on youtube just to keep people right, it can be an awesome one if done right

Was listening to the Frankfurt vid.

The drummer might be the key. He's trying to to the 1- -1-2-3,
1 - 1-2-3, that works as the Frankfurt lads have it spot on and can do their a-lays.

Maybe keep it a simple 1-2, 1-2 that way we can slow down the singing and stretch out the a-lays.

I am sure I'm not making sense but in essence slow the beat down by striking the drum on the first 1 and the 3 only.

J

deeks01
15-05-2013, 04:15 PM
My thoughts exactly, get sect 43 on at half time to give us some singing lessons

With Sauzee to the side adding in some French pronunciation guides.

deeks01
15-05-2013, 04:17 PM
I'm struggling to tell the difference between all these versions.

Same - its a miracle no ones turned into del boy yet with all the poor French floating around.

IWasThere2016
Voted 'three' because I assumed you meant the number of 'allez's before each 'au', but if you meant the number of times that 'allez allez allez au' is repeated before 'Hibernian F.C.'... then obviously two.

Pronunciation: it's all about emphasis - ah-LEZ ah-LEEEZ AH-lez au

And as above, don't sing it too fast either.

Arguing about the intricacies of football chant pronunciation - I love it! :nerd:

I think to assist this Allez should be detailed as Allay (not Alley). However, I congratulate on the appropriate shortened and extended emphasis above as this is perfect.

Top thread and I think the OP should be awarded life membership of .net for bringing this crucial matter to the attention of fellow Hibees.

Pete

Ah!

No brainer....it has to be two surely.

Treadstone
15-05-2013, 04:20 PM
Same - its a miracle no ones turned into del boy yet with all the poor French floating around.

Au contraire, mon ami.

coco22
15-05-2013, 05:03 PM
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=75i0Q52ReQ4

it cannae be that hard, just copy the wee yin!

deeks01
15-05-2013, 08:33 PM
Au contraire, mon ami.

Oh here come the puns... I'm off , bonjour ;)

Aldo
15-05-2013, 08:58 PM
I taught my 3yo daughter Allez Allez au and she's been signing it ever since. It's fair to say Mrs Aldo is no chuffed.

Gonnae get her strip on and get her to sing it And record it

Lucius Apuleius
15-05-2013, 09:45 PM
C'est gay, n'est ce pas?

Up The Bracket
15-05-2013, 10:25 PM
Aye, was about to post that. Who the **** is Ally? We're not Sevconians. Pronounced (Al-Ley).

Allez Allez Allez Au
Allez Allez Allez Au
Hibernian FC
From The Capital.

Chuck Rhoades
15-05-2013, 10:31 PM
It's pronounced 'Alay' not 'Ali' that's the main issue.

R'Albin
15-05-2013, 10:35 PM
I taught my 3yo daughter Allez Allez au and she's been signing it ever since. It's fair to say Mrs Aldo is no chuffed.

Gonnae get her strip on and get her to sing it And record it

But was there enough Allezs? Was there 2 or 3 Allez Allez Aus? Does she pronounce it 'Alay' or does she pronounce it 'ali' or 'ally'?

We need details here people.

Jones28
15-05-2013, 11:36 PM
Anyone got a link for the Motherwell game where it first got properly big? That was it getting done perfectly

Up The Bracket
15-05-2013, 11:46 PM
Anyone got a link for the Motherwell game where it first got properly big? That was it getting done perfectly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouLbmyRzbBM

FifeHibernian
16-05-2013, 10:34 AM
Glad this has been brought to hibs.net's attentionAllez Allez Allez au,Allez Allez Allez au,Hibernian FC,From the CapitalNot Alyalyaly au. As someone said the Allez is pronounced as 'allay your fears' not 'what's Rix doing in that alley'. I think the drummer was a bit pished on sunday which didn't help but it's a great song.

JeMeSouviens
16-05-2013, 11:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouLbmyRzbBM

I knew we used to do it right! :agree:

Andy74
16-05-2013, 11:40 AM
Wow.

Viking
16-05-2013, 12:54 PM
Allez Allez Allez Au
Allez Allez Allez Au
Hibernian FC
From the capital

And sing it like this

Its 3 "Allez" before the Au!

If we could get Hampden bouncing like this video (with the same timing) that would be amazing! The cameras would definately show it and the whole of Scotland would see who has the best fans!

R'Albin
16-05-2013, 01:58 PM
Have to admit, I didn't realise how seriously some people take this kind of thing until I made this thread!

Treadstone
16-05-2013, 02:02 PM
Have to admit, I didn't realise how seriously some people take this kind of thing until I made this thread!
:worms:

zosohibee
16-05-2013, 03:12 PM
Voted wrong as i misunderstood, its two rounds of Allez... then HFC FTC. The more pressing matter is the disintegration of the melody and the misappropriation of the syllables, the 3 or 4 people as concerned as i am should spearhead a campaign ahead of the final. :thumbsup: