hibsdaft70
13-05-2013, 09:35 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22507128

Hibercelona
13-05-2013, 09:38 PM
Completely out of his depth. :agree:

iwasthere1972
13-05-2013, 09:42 PM
His failure to empty Tevez and Super Mario didn't help. Fergie would have emptied them long ago.

Bishop Hibee
13-05-2013, 09:44 PM
Will always be a City legend for winning the FA Cup and the League. Champions League failure did for him.

Will get a job in football no bother.

Stringer
13-05-2013, 09:55 PM
Not winning anything with that squad is criminal. Had to go.

ScottB
13-05-2013, 10:01 PM
Suspect the new hierarchy will want their own man, still surprised they never lured Pep to join all his ex Barca bosses.

Jonnyboy
13-05-2013, 10:02 PM
Huge failure in only winning the EPL and the FA Cup.

If that's failure can we have a Scottish equivalent please

PISTOL1875
13-05-2013, 10:05 PM

I think is the antics of this season that have cost him his job.. No trophies and far too many public fall outs with players and the board has cost him..

Hibercelona
13-05-2013, 10:06 PM

It is failure.

They should be walking the EPL every season and getting to the latter stages of the Champions League with the money and quality at their disposal.

Eyrie
13-05-2013, 10:08 PM
Not winning anything with that squad is criminal. Had to go.
I think his departure has more to do with his two failures in the Champions League and poor signings last summer than "only" being second in the EPL this season and losing the FA Cup final to a massive underdog.

Jonnyboy
13-05-2013, 10:10 PM
It is failure.

They should be walking the EPL every season and getting to the latter stages of the Champions League with the money and quality at their disposal.

Didn't catch the irony in my post then? :greengrin

If you 'improve' your squad by signing the likes of Scott Sinclair then you're gonna struggle.

I agree it's failure by the way :wink: and as City are a club I have long had an interest in I'm disappointed that this season has been a dud after the achievements of last season

Sir David Gray
13-05-2013, 10:35 PM
He was a lame duck ever since his u-turn with Tevez. Having a player who has refused to play for you, telling him publicly through the media that he is finished, allowing him to go on a 6 month holiday and then welcoming him back with open arms when he decides to return was never going to succeed in the long run. Also the way in which he handled Balotelli, during his time in England, showed a weakness.

It's typical of modern day football though that clubs are sacking managers at the first sign of any negatives. City should look a few miles across their own city to see what sticking by your manager through the rough times can achieve.

Scouse Hibee
13-05-2013, 10:37 PM
It is failure.

Anyone that seriously thought City would walk the EPL every season and dominate like their neighbours needs to take a reality check.

jacomo
13-05-2013, 10:48 PM
Mancini got a few domestic trophies with Inter (helped by Juve getting relegated for match fixing of course) but didn't make much impact in Europe. Similar story in a way.

Yes, City had a tough CL group but the performances were poor, and the tactical tinkering and public rows were gambles that didn't pay off. The sacking is harsh but Mancini has been such a radge this season that a wee break might restore his sanity!