PDA

View Full Version : NHC Shrek booed by fans at the Man U celebrations

iwasthere1972
13-05-2013, 05:19 PM
Rooney would have been better just staying away or waiting a week or so before saying again that he wants away. Some deluded fan this morning thought they should just sell him for 50 million quid.

Think his career is on a downward spiral and in a couple of years he'll be plying his trade in the Championship.

hibs4thecup1988
13-05-2013, 05:22 PM
Championship?? Hardly.

He will come back from this and stronger. He done it 2 years ago. Doubt he will leave to be honest, only way he will is if its a swap deal for Ronaldo

iwasthere1972
13-05-2013, 05:30 PM
Championship?? Hardly.

He will come back from this and stronger. He done it 2 years ago. Doubt he will leave to be honest, only way he will is if its a swap deal for Ronaldo

Can't see Real Madrid wanting him and would very much doubt it if he would settle in Spain. Let's face it he's not yet mastered the English language yet. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2013, 08:13 PM
He's not even 1st choice at old trafford now, why would he suddenly get in the Madrid side?

He's limited to where he can go now, none of the clubs who will compete for championships and European trophy's in England, Germany or Spain would want him, and that just leaves PSG who can afford him.

HibeeSince85
13-05-2013, 08:15 PM
Munich bound possibly?

darwenhibby
13-05-2013, 08:17 PM
He's not even 1st choice at old trafford now, why would he suddenly get in the Madrid side?

He's limited to where he can go now, none of the clubs who will compete for championships and European trophy's in England, Germany or Spain would want him, and that just leaves PSG who can afford him.

I didn't hear any booing and I walked all the way from Old Trafford to Albert Square, wonderful evening!!

13-05-2013, 08:23 PM
Rooney is a spoilt little brat who is just throwing his toys out the pram (again)

hibs4thecup1988
13-05-2013, 08:28 PM
Can't see Real Madrid wanting him and would very much doubt it if he would settle in Spain. Let's face it he's not yet mastered the English language yet. :greengrin

That's a fair point lol

lEXO
13-05-2013, 08:29 PM
Munich bound possibly?We were talking about this yesterday in the pub after the game. We all said that german football would suit him.

hibs4thecup1988
13-05-2013, 08:45 PM

Monaco are splashing the ccash atm...maybe them?

Hibercelona
13-05-2013, 08:55 PM
Don't see any other club wanting him. Can see him plying his trade with Hibs within a couple of years time. :agree:

iwasthere1972
13-05-2013, 08:57 PM
Don't see any other club wanting him. Can see him plying his trade with Hibs within a couple of years time. :agree:

Not Hibs class.

Hibercelona
13-05-2013, 09:01 PM
Not Hibs class.

I know he'd struggle to keep up with LG through out the season.

But I was thinking in terms of backup? A wee bench warmer?

Holmesdale Hibs
13-05-2013, 09:02 PM

I think mose English sides would love to have him. Can't see German or Spanish sides being that against it either if the price was right. If he's desperate to be first choice then maybe he'll be flexible with his wage demands, it's not like he needs the money.

He's still a very good player and he'd find another club pretty easy IMO.

monktonharp
13-05-2013, 09:03 PM
can his new manager send him back to his old club:wink:

iwasthere1972
13-05-2013, 09:05 PM
I know he'd struggle to keep up with LG through out the season.

But I was thinking in terms of backup? A wee bench warmer?

Maybe even a big bench warmer.

Hibercelona
13-05-2013, 09:07 PM
Maybe even a big bench warmer.

Well sure, we'd need to get rid of Kuqi to make room for him on the bench. But a risk worth taking, surely? :greengrin

Cropley10
13-05-2013, 09:24 PM
I didn't hear any booing and I walked all the way from Old Trafford to Albert Square, wonderful evening!!

Christ, that's some walk D, from Salford to the East End of London. Well done, sir!

Spudster
13-05-2013, 09:24 PM
I can't figure out potential places for him to go. Doesn't have the technical ability for Spain or Dortmund/Munich/Seria A. That only leaves Monaco and PSG as they won't sell to another EPL side.

easty
13-05-2013, 09:28 PM
Football fans can be mental sometimes, I'm not a Man Utd fan, I don't even like Wayne Rooney, he's a tool, but he is still a quality player.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=30921

Awful record this season right enough, and who couldn't have scored against Man City and Chelsea and Brazil this season.....pfft, they're rubbish. 22 in 42 games, better than 1 goal per 2 games. He's clearly finished.

TomoHFC
13-05-2013, 09:28 PM
Bet you any money he'll do what he done last time says he wants to go and then stays and gets 250 grand a week

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2013, 09:33 PM
Football fans can be mental sometimes, I'm not a Man Utd fan, I don't even like Wayne Rooney, he's a tool, but he is still a quality player.

Awful record this season right enough, and who couldn't have scored against Man City and Chelsea and Brazil this season.....pfft, they're rubbish. 22 in 42 games, better than 1 goal per 2 games. He's clearly finished.

I dont see anyone saying he's finished? :confused: He has struggled to get picked for the big games at Old Trafford this season, and has been moved around and not played up front because they have someone better.

He is a good player, but i wouldn't see any of the last 4 teams in the Champions league wanting him over any of their forwards.

lEXO
13-05-2013, 09:33 PM

Awful record this season right enough, and who couldn't have scored against Man City and Chelsea and Brazil this season.....pfft, they're rubbish. 22 in 42 games, better than 1 goal per 2 games. He's clearly finished.:top marks

hfc rd
13-05-2013, 09:42 PM
I was at today's bus parade plus Fergie's last game in charge at OT yesterday. Both were absolutely wonderful giving the great man a well deserved send off. Rooney got a mixed reception at both events. You could hear the cheers and you could hear the boo's.

hibees 7062
13-05-2013, 09:46 PM
Doyle out Shrek in

jdships
13-05-2013, 10:29 PM
I can't figure out potential places for him to go. Doesn't have the technical ability for Spain or Dortmund/Munich/Seria A. That only leaves Monaco and PSG as they won't sell to another EPL side.

Think you have got that just about right !!
However for me his future is more than likely abroad but given his dodgy temperment not sure how that would work out :rolleyes:

jacomo
13-05-2013, 10:38 PM
I dont see anyone saying he's finished? :confused: He has struggled to get picked for the big games at Old Trafford this season, and has been moved around and not played up front because they have someone better.

He is a good player, but i wouldn't see any of the last 4 teams in the Champions league wanting him over any of their forwards.

I can honestly see Rooney retiring from the game when he's 30 or so. He was a boy in a heavy weight's body at 16, and 15+ years of professional football have taken their toll.

Man U reportedly want £25m for him and he'll no doubt want a 4 year contract matching the crazy £250k a week he gets now. That's a huge gamble for a club to take on IMO.

Sir David Gray
13-05-2013, 10:49 PM
I've no idea who's advising him but he needs to get shot of them pronto.

There's not many players, over the past 20 years or so, who have left Old Trafford and gone on to better things and I cannot see Rooney being any different.

His nose is clearly out of joint due to the success of Van Persie and he's had to play second fiddle to him this year but he needs to be professional about that and see it as a challenge to push on and try to make it back to being the main striker again.

On his day, Wayne Rooney is a world class footballer who would improve any team in the world and I think if he leaves Manchester Utd in the summer, he'll live to regret that decision very quickly.

DH1875
13-05-2013, 10:54 PM
Rooney would have been better just staying away or waiting a week or so before saying again that he wants away. Some deluded fan this morning thought they should just sell him for 50 million quid.

Think his career is on a downward spiral and in a couple of years he'll be plying his trade in the Championship.

Deluded doesn't even cover it. No way they'd get anywhere near that for him.

greenlex
13-05-2013, 10:56 PM
Is it not more to do with Moyes getting the gigthan him not playing regularly? Did Moyes not sue him over remarks in his book or did I just make that up?

edit - no. No I didn't.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2311453/Moyes-sues-Rooney-over-autobiography.html

jgl07
14-05-2013, 12:37 AM
I can honestly see Rooney retiring from the game when he's 30 or so. He was a boy in a heavy weight's body at 16, and 15+ years of professional football have taken their toll.

Man U reportedly want £25m for him and he'll no doubt want a 4 year contract matching the crazy £250k a week he gets now. That's a huge gamble for a club to take on IMO.

Rooney has been poor for United this season and missed out on many of the big matches. Ferguson has had a go at him over his lifestyle. He comes back at pre-season well overweight. That is harder to deal with once you get beyond 25.

There are only two clubs in England that can afford Rooney: Chelsea and Man City. Neither will touch him with a bargepole.

Bayern could afford him but he wouldn't get near their starting eleven and they would not pay that sort of cash. No-one in Spain or Italy would either. Monaco or PSG are the only options but I can't see it happening.

Harry Redknapp might give him a match at QPR!

hibsbollah
14-05-2013, 08:00 AM
Rooney has been poor for United this season and missed out on many of the big matches. Ferguson has had a go at him over his lifestyle. He comes back at pre-season well overweight. That is harder to deal with once you get beyond 25.

There are only two clubs in England that can afford Rooney: Chelsea and Man City. Neither will touch him with a bargepole.

Bayern could afford him but he wouldn't get near their starting eleven and they would not pay that sort of cash. No-one in Spain or Italy would either. Monaco or PSG are the only options but I can't see it happening.

Harry Redknapp might give him a match at QPR!

Someone will have to pay not only a £40 million ish fee but also the £15million a year he gets in wages at Man Yoo. For that reason alone im guessing its PSG or he stays at Old Trafford after a public kiss n make up with Moyes. This would help Moyes from a PR point of view as well.

Gingertosser
14-05-2013, 09:10 AM
I can see him at Spurs next season, Rooney & £10-15m for Bale.

Steve-O
14-05-2013, 09:12 AM
He's the new Derek Riordan :agree:

My prediction is Rooney and Riordan up front for Bo'ness Utd next season.

Pretty Boy
14-05-2013, 09:32 AM
Personally think Rooney is the prime example of why a professional lifrstyle is so important in the modern game.

There have been plenty photos in the paper of him smoking, drinking, stuffing big macs down his throat. Whilst none of that makes him a bad player in itself, it seems to me that whenever he picks up an injury it takes him about 5/6 games to get back to match sharpness. That can't be right for a professional.

20 or 30 years ago he might have got away with it due to natural talent but the game is so fast and athletic now that he can't.

jgl07
14-05-2013, 11:42 AM
I can see him at Spurs next season, Rooney & £10-15m for Bale.

Spurs pay £250,000 a week for a player?

You have got to be joking.

DH1875
14-05-2013, 11:58 AM
Someone will have to pay not only a £40 million ish fee but also the £15million a year he gets in wages at Man Yoo. For that reason alone im guessing its PSG or he stays at Old Trafford after a public kiss n make up with Moyes. This would help Moyes from a PR point of view as well.

They wouldn't get anything like £40 million for him. Your talking £25 million tops and I think they not it, hence why their no selling him.

hibsbollah
14-05-2013, 12:27 PM
They wouldn't get anything like £40 million for him. Your talking £25 million tops and I think they not it, hence why their no selling him.

£25-40million fee, whatever, my point was its those ridiculous wages year on year that will cripple a potential buyer. Unless, like PSG, you are basically just an extension of the Qatari Government treasury.