PDA

View Full Version : Doyle or Caldwell

Onion
13-05-2013, 01:41 PM
No, not who should play in the Final but... which goal did you enjoy the most ?

1. Doyle 20 yarder against Falkirk to square the match

or

2. Caldwell's stunning winner against the Yams

Now on any normal occasion a last minute winner at the PBS would win the day, but I'm not sure.

Heedersnvolleys
13-05-2013, 01:51 PM
Easy Caldwell!

took Doyle 40 odd games to do that.

took Caldwell 2! And he has looked more dangerous in those 2 games than Doyle all season.

Have to say though I am sure Doyle would still give everything he has right up until the last minute of his contract.

JollyGreenGiant
13-05-2013, 02:00 PM
Definitely Caldwell.

At 3-2 in the semi I had a feeling the the equaliser was coming, but although we totally deserved to win yesterday I just didn't see us getting a late winner.

Step up Mr Caldwell, cool as you like :applause:

Brightside
13-05-2013, 02:24 PM
Caldwell. He is a natural finisher and cool with the ball at his feet. Doyle is neither. Doyle should only ever be a sub.

Titch
13-05-2013, 03:43 PM
still get shivers every time i see the goal Doyle scored in the semi so has to be that one every day of the week wasn't really fussed about the derby if i'm honest just happy we got out of there with no injuries GGTTH

500miles
13-05-2013, 04:12 PM
For me, Caldwell's goal was better, but Doyle came on and entirely changed the game. Both goals could be seen coming from a mile away though.

Andy74
13-05-2013, 04:20 PM
Easy Caldwell!

took Doyle 40 odd games to do that.

took Caldwell 2! And he has looked more dangerous in those 2 games than Doyle all season.

Have to say though I am sure Doyle would still give everything he has right up until the last minute of his contract.

I'm not sure that's the point of the question. Irrelevant who scored them. Was a winning goal at Tynie in the circumstances more important or enjoyable than a goal that put us in the position to get to the Scottish Cup final is what's being asked surely?

Tough one but I'm sure most would have sacrificed a win yesterday to be in the final?

Onion
13-05-2013, 04:49 PM
I've watch both goals back umpteen times and the two things that stand out for me are:

Doyle's equaliser - the noise as the ball hit the net was decibels louder than the previous two goals and about 2 octaves higher (quite funny really):greengrin

Caldwell's winner - the boys behind the goal went completely mental.

Tough one.

Baldy Foghorn
13-05-2013, 05:21 PM
Caldwell for me, a great turn and finish all within a split second....

bingo70
13-05-2013, 05:31 PM
Going to go against the grain here but I'm still not totally convinced by Caldwell, fantastic finish for the goal but there were a couple of times there were balls played into the box and I'm not sure his movement was that of a really good striker.

Doyle I think is the opposite, has terrific movement but no chance he would have scored that goal yesterday as he has zero composure.

I'd probably play Caldwell in the next two games but if he doesn't make an impression (like he never for about 88 minutes yesterday imo) in them I'd start with Doyle in the final.

Baldy Foghorn
13-05-2013, 05:45 PM
Going to go against the grain here but I'm still not totally convinced by Caldwell, fantastic finish for the goal but there were a couple of times there were balls played into the box and I'm not sure his movement was that of a really good striker.

Doyle I think is the opposite, has terrific movement but no chance he would have scored that goal yesterday as he has zero composure.

I'd probably play Caldwell in the next two games but if he doesn't make an impression (like he never for about 88 minutes yesterday imo) in them I'd start with Doyle in the final.

Caldwell chases, harries and runs all day. Much prefer him to Doyle, why would you start Doyle, as you say he has zero composure?

Titch
13-05-2013, 05:48 PM
the question wasn't who should start in the final the question was which goal did you enjoy the most

bingo70
13-05-2013, 05:52 PM
the question wasn't who should start in the final the question was which goal did you enjoy the most

Sorry, mis read the op

InterviewLoI
Doyle's reduced me to tears but Caldwell was v Hearts.... Toughie
I'm gonna go for Irishman Eoin Doyle!

Fergus52
Doyle is a better striker than Caldwell (just now)

bingo70
13-05-2013, 05:54 PM
Caldwell chases, harries and runs all day. Much prefer him to Doyle, why would you start Doyle, as you say he has zero composure?

Just think he could offer more in terms of link up play and he's likely to get at least one chance due to his movement, hopefully he'd take that chance, also got the option of putting him out on the right if needs be.

I think there's a danger the game could pass Caldwell by if he plays

Edit:- forgot to say though that Caldwell has earned the right to start the next couple of games so if he does well or scores then he should start but right now I'd still go with Doyle.

Baldy Foghorn
13-05-2013, 06:20 PM

Enjoyed them both, but the reaction yesterday in the Stand was incredible, what a way to win the game, the place was rocking....

Scouse Hibee
13-05-2013, 06:28 PM
Doyle is a better striker than Caldwell (just now)

Is his goals to games ratio better?

Enjoyed Doyle's goal better because I was there.

Leishy1995
13-05-2013, 06:28 PM
Enjoyed them both, but the reaction yesterday in the Stand was incredible, what a way to win the game, the place was rocking....

Nearly brought the stand down

Baldy Foghorn
13-05-2013, 06:36 PM
Nearly brought the stand down

Magical, the sheer emotion, joy, elation encapsulated at that moment. Absolute pandemonium when the ball hit the net.....

danhibees1875
13-05-2013, 06:38 PM
Enjoyed Doyle's goal more. :flag:

Stevie Reid
13-05-2013, 07:45 PM
I enjoyed Doyle's goal more because I was there and it completed a superb comeback and at half time the humiliation was worse than 5-1. However, yesterday was the best jump around the living room I've had since listening to Sproule's Ibrox hat trick on the radio :greengrin

As for who should start in the final, I haven't made up my mind yet, and I'd be surprised if Pat had at this time. Both will get a chance to make their claim in the next two games, which can only be a good thing.

hibees 7062
13-05-2013, 09:41 PM
Am I right in saying Caldwells scored 7 against the tramps?

Titch
13-05-2013, 09:53 PM
Am I right in saying Caldwells scored 7 against the tramps?
Now 8
7 for the under 20s

Purehibee_MYB
13-05-2013, 10:16 PM
It's a very tough decision.. But judging it on what I remember of my reactions, I enjoyed Doyle's goal more, simply because I couldn't believe that we had actually come back to win it, whereas in the Derby we were the better team, perhaps should have been well ahead before then

Sir David Gray
13-05-2013, 10:28 PM
I wasn't at Tynecastle yesterday and I didn't even see the goal live, whereas I was at Hampden for the semi.

Forgetting that for a second, I think I would still have to say that I enjoyed Doyle's goal more. To have been 3-0 down only half an hour beforehand and then seeing us score the equaliser and come back from the dead was just incredible.

It's always nice to see us score a winning goal at Tynecastle, particularly one that ends a 4 year run of never beating them in a league game, but in the grand scheme of things Doyle's goal in the semi final was much more important so I'm going for that one.

hibees 7062
13-05-2013, 10:28 PM
[QUOTE=Titch;3599328]Now 8
7 for the under 20s[/QUOTE

Cheers I wondered why he took it in his stride :greengrin

Diclonius
13-05-2013, 10:51 PM
Doyle. Went absolutely mental celebrating that, would have done the same with Caldwell's winner but as my foot got caught in the door at the front of the Roseburn shortly after the celebrations started I had more pressing concerns. :rolleyes:

Fergus52
14-05-2013, 12:41 AM
Is his goals to games ratio better?

Enjoyed Doyle's goal better because I was there.

That doesn't mean anything when a player has had not that much game time.

Look at ngoo's goal record in his first few appearances for hearts.

Also many of doyles appearances this season have been out wide. If you looked at their goal to game ratio from games played as a striker doyls would probably be better.

oramhibee
14-05-2013, 08:24 AM
I preferred Caldwell's goal.

Doyle's wasn't the winner in the semi but Caldwell's was against them. Don't get me wrong Doyle's was a cracker, but I think Caldwell's was better.

Scouse Hibee
14-05-2013, 10:07 AM
That doesn't mean anything when a player has had not that much game time.

Look at ngoo's goal record in his first few appearances for hearts.

Also many of doyles appearances this season have been out wide. If you looked at their goal to game ratio from games played as a striker doyls would probably be better.

Yes I know!