PDA

View Full Version : NOT going to the final

Gus
13-05-2013, 12:03 PM
I have decided I will not be attending the final as I am a horrible English Jinx

Final - papped 5-1
Semi Final - left at 3-0..........rest is history

So I am not prepared to risk it. Guess the question is..................are there any other folk not going who will be going to a boozer on ER, if so which one?

I will be the guy sitting by myself with a stupid accent

Saorsa
13-05-2013, 12:04 PM
I have decided I will not be attending the final as I am a horrible English Jinx

Final - papped 5-1

So I am not prepared to risk it. Guess the question is..................are there any other folk not going who will be going to a boozer on ER, if so which one?

I will be the guy sitting by myself with a stupid accentstupid sassenach accent :wink: :greengrin

Aldo
13-05-2013, 12:07 PM

Final - papped 5-1

You'll no be sitting by yursel numb nuts. You'll be with all those Yam roasters. Sorry what did you say couldnae understand you?? (Sorry dude couldn't resist that) ;-)

Ps we luv you really Gus Gus!

Judas Iscariot
13-05-2013, 12:08 PM
You've ruined my whole night...

Future17
13-05-2013, 12:20 PM

Final - papped 5-1

Did I plant this jinx idea in your head on Thursday at the 5s? :greengrin

stupid sassenach accent :wink: :greengrin

I think the technical term is "sassenaccent". :wink:

scott7_0(Prague)
13-05-2013, 12:24 PM
Same as you, convinced myself i am the jinx. Never watched the semi final, never watched the game yesterday and will try not to watch the final.

Other than that, cannot justify a weekend in Edinburgh at this time to and without the wife and kids - too much going on.

we will win, i an convinced of it as of yesterday afternoon. :aok:

Platinum Scotty
13-05-2013, 12:25 PM
I too am staying away, we tend to not do well when i show my face........so I'll be watching and praying whilst in SE London!!!

Aldo
13-05-2013, 12:27 PM
Did I plant this jinx idea in your head on Thursday at the 5s? :greengrin

I think the technical term is "sassenaccent". :wink:

Nope he said it after the semi!

KWJ
13-05-2013, 12:30 PM
Absolutely gutted to say that I shan't be there.

On the old board my signature was "When Hibs go up to lift the Scottish Cup, I'll make bloody well sure I'm there".

Balls.

1two
13-05-2013, 12:59 PM
I discovered last season that no matter what I say/do/wear/eat/shout/route I take it will have no bearing on Hibs results

Bristolhibby
13-05-2013, 01:43 PM
I discovered last season that no matter what I say/do/wear/eat/shout/route I take it will have no bearing on Hibs results

I've come round to that way of thinking.

Lost the 2000 SC Semi - Attended
Won the 2001 SC Semi – Attended
Lost the 2001 SC Final – Attended
Lost the 2002 LC Semi – Did not Attend
Won the 2004 LC Semi – Attended
Lost the 2004 LC Final – Attended (Even wore exactly the same clothes as the semi)
Lost the 2005 SC Semi – Attended
Lost the 2006 SC Semi _ Did not Attend
Won the 2007 LC Semi - Attended
Won the 2007 LC Final – Attended (wore away shirt)
Won the 2012 SC Semi – Did not Attend
Lost the 2012 SC Final – Attended (wore away top (thought this practice was lucky from 2007)
Won the 2013 SC Semi – Attended (Left at half time)

Going into this one with no expectations, apart from its a funny old game and any dog can have its day.

J

Pete
13-05-2013, 01:47 PM

I also discovered this about myself...But someone out there must have such powers.

We need to find him and kill him.

Bristolhibby
13-05-2013, 01:51 PM
I also discovered this about myself...But someone out there must have such powers.

Or buy him a ticket.

J

1two
13-05-2013, 02:04 PM

Or ensure he gets a ticket ??

1two
13-05-2013, 02:05 PM
Or buy him a ticket.

J

Sorry, I wasn't even close behind you
I'll need to read all post before replying

Nakedmanoncrack
13-05-2013, 02:06 PM
One of my mates not going, purely because he thinks we have a better chance when he is not there.

Franck Stanton
13-05-2013, 02:44 PM
Nope , not going, said a few months back I was disillusioned with the team/club and posted as such. Have/had been going to E/R since 1957 but this season has been so bad I have now lost my passion for the game. Gave my season ticket for this season away and also my entitlement for a cup final ticket along with it. No regrets, happy that we beat the puddle - drinkers yesterday, really happy, however...........fear we are only papering over the cracks. Good luck to all that are going - hope you all have a really great day out and hope with all my being we do win the bloody big silver thingy, I will, however be watching from the comfort of my living room.

DaveF
13-05-2013, 02:47 PM
Nope , not going, said a few months back I was disillusioned with the team/club and posted as such. Have/had been going to E/R since 1957 but this season has been so bad I have now lost my passion for the game. Gave my season ticket for this season away and also my entitlement for a cup final ticket along with it. No regrets, happy that we beat the puddle - drinkers yesterday, really happy, however...........fear we are only papering over the cracks. Good luck to all that are going - hope you all have a really great day out and hope with all my being we do win the bloody big silver thingy, I will, however be watching from the comfort of my living room.

How was last season for you?

Franck Stanton
13-05-2013, 02:54 PM
How was last season for you?
Just as bad mate, just as bad, but, decided to "give it one last year " as I was of the mis-guided opinion we had to get better. Now before I get lambasted, I can see some improvement and do appreciate the size of the task Fenlon has on his hands to rebuild the Club - not just the team as it is the infrastructure that is needing work, Christ when Fenlon took over we didn't even have a scouting system in place. Not saying the passion will not return, just that it has been extinguished somewhat just now. Will always be a Hibby, just don't have the same passion as I once had.

Onion
13-05-2013, 03:14 PM
Just as bad mate, just as bad, but, decided to "give it one last year " as I was of the mis-guided opinion we had to get better. Now before I get lambasted, I can see some improvement and do appreciate the size of the task Fenlon has on his hands to rebuild the Club - not just the team as it is the infrastructure that is needing work, Christ when Fenlon took over we didn't even have a scouting system in place. Not saying the passion will not return, just that it has been extinguished somewhat just now. Will always be a Hibby, just don't have the same passion as I once had.

Difficult to argue with that. The last few seasons have been enough to test anyone's resolve. The real shock is how so many have stuck with the team up to this point.

To those that choose not to go on 26th, hope it turns out to be a regretful decision :wink:. For those that go, it has the potential to be the most amazing match you'll EVER attend in your life.

Matt92
13-05-2013, 03:36 PM
All the matches I have attended at Hampden:
Hibs 0 vs 2 Livingston CIS cup final.
Dundee United 2 v 1 Hibs SC Semi.
Hearts 4 vs 0 Hibernian Scottish Cup Semi-Final
Hibernian 1 v 5 Hearts Scottish Cup Final.

Missed:
I missed the Killie game because it was mothers day with 4 family generations :grr:
Missed the Falkirk game with a large assignment due the monday.

I am a jinx so no danger I am going.

S4uzee
13-05-2013, 03:44 PM
Haha im the same, carried out several routines last year and none worked

Gus
13-05-2013, 04:25 PM
All the matches I have attended at Hampden:
Hibs 0 vs 2 Livingston CIS cup final.
Dundee United 2 v 1 Hibs SC Semi.
Hearts 4 vs 0 Hibernian Scottish Cup Semi-Final
Hibernian 1 v 5 Hearts Scottish Cup Final.

Missed:
I missed the Killie game because it was mothers day with 4 family generations :grr:
Missed the Falkirk game with a large assignment due the monday.

I am a jinx so no danger I am going.

right that's it, no one called MATT can go. (Gus is my nick name...real name Matt)

HibbyDave
13-05-2013, 05:09 PM
Cant attend the final due to family commitments ( in laws wedding in Englandshire). Probably would have gone BUT i've not ben to se Hibs since THAT DAY IN MAY last year (except once to St Midden, where we won!!).
I'm praying that we do it but I fear for us.
All the best for a great day out to those who go to the weedge.

When we win, i'm sure that my phone will be in meltdown from loads of hibbies in my family and friends circle telling me how great it was and that I should have been there!!!

I'll still get Pashed celebrating>

hibs4thecup1988
13-05-2013, 05:16 PM
My record at hampden is not the best. Never saw us lift a trophy. Buy ill be there in 13 DAys time praying lol

adhibs
13-05-2013, 05:25 PM

I've wore the same stuff to the last two rounds so think i might be on to something. Going to test it out again on the 26th

Hainan Hibs
13-05-2013, 06:36 PM
I'm not going solely because of Kevin Thomson. Completely ridiculous I know but I have to hold back the vomit when I see that hun prick in a Hibs shirt again. Seeing Hibs win the cup with that **** on board wouldn't be worth the steam off of my pish as far as I'm concerned.

GoldenEagle
13-05-2013, 06:41 PM
I'm not going solely because of Kevin Thomson. Completely ridiculous I know but I have to hold back the vomit when I see that hun prick in a Hibs shirt again. Seeing Hibs win the cup with that **** on board wouldn't be worth the steam off of my pish as far as I'm concerned.

Surely a wind up and fishing for bait?

GoldenEagle
13-05-2013, 06:45 PM

We'll definitely improve right enough if more folk stay away...I also cannot believe that you watched the teams of the 80's, some of the 90's and Calderwood's era and think this is the worst its ever been.

Personally, I think you'll regret it to the day you meet the Angels High Above if we win it.

Skanko79
13-05-2013, 06:49 PM

in other words you couldnt get a ticket...............

Scouse Hibee
13-05-2013, 06:52 PM

Your hook's too big :greengrin

Woody70x2
13-05-2013, 07:07 PM
I am looking forward to having bragging rights over some of you fans (like some of my mates) that aren't going...

When Hibs went up to lift the Scottish Cup I was there! You cannot not go for this reason alone... Imagine missing it.

lucky
13-05-2013, 07:37 PM
I can't believe in anyone would want to miss Hibs in a cup final. Yes we are pish yes they are red hot favorites but you just never know this could be our year.

eastterrace
13-05-2013, 08:04 PM

pretty sad you feel like that, loads o players leave (yes even to the huns) but to not go because of kevin playing for them (also he is a hibs fan) is ridiculous, still everyman to himself.

Pedantic_Hibee
13-05-2013, 08:33 PM
I am 100% not going. Have NEVER seen us win at the new Hampden. My mates didn't let me go to the CIS 2007 final and we know the score.

Similarly, I went last May and we know the score.....

So don't worry, lads; I'll strap a pair on, take one for the team and watch it in the pub. Blootered.

Pedantic_Hibee
13-05-2013, 08:34 PM
Plus, last year's 5v1 ended me. I ceased to exist. Or something.

EuanH78
13-05-2013, 08:34 PM
pretty sad you feel like that, loads o players leave (yes even to the huns) but to not go because of kevin playing for them (also he is a hibs fan) is ridiculous, still everyman to himself.

Christ on a bike. I think you're going to need a bigger boat hainan hibs

inglisavhibs
13-05-2013, 10:32 PM
I am 100% not going. Have NEVER seen us win at the new Hampden. My mates didn't let me go to the CIS 2007 final and we know the score.

Similarly, I went last May and we know the score.....

So don't worry, lads; I'll strap a pair on, take one for the team and watch it in the pub. Blootered.
And you never will if you don't go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J-C
14-05-2013, 08:29 AM
Will miss this years final unfortunately, having been off work for 6 weeks while my hip replacement healed, money is very tight right now, being self employed can be a b***er. After last years debacle I don't know if my heart could take another final :greengrin

HibbySpurs
14-05-2013, 08:34 AM
Lets see.... My lifetime Hibs Cup Final record is as follows (obviously I was in attendance at all of the below):

1985 - LC lost to Aberdeen
1991 - LC Won against Dunfermline
1993 - LC lost to the current buns (at Parkhead IIRC? & Didnt the Giraffe score a peach of an OG?)
2001 - SC lost to Celtic
2004 - LC lost to Livingston
2007 - LC Won against Kilmarnock
2012 - My minds gone blank.........

so I have a record of 2-5 so I'm not the jinx, just not that lucky :thumbsup:

In fact now I put that down I realise the only cup final I have missed in my lifetime at the age of 36 is the Rangers cup final of 1979 and I have no excuses for missing this. At two years old I should have been more than able to get myself to Hampden for the inital game and both replays, I hang my head in shame :greengrin.....

IWasThere2016
14-05-2013, 08:37 AM

Dearie me.

I expect Kevin will be overcome and in tears if we win .. would that help ease your pain/anger?

Gus
14-05-2013, 12:05 PM
So can anyone recommend a battle cruiser? No pikey dives as i'm English and like to drink in respectable places.

+ i'm on my own as all my "mates" are going to the game :fenlon

Diclonius
14-05-2013, 12:07 PM
My current Hampden record:

2005-06 v Hearts - lost
2006-07 v Dunfermline - drew
2011-12 v Aberdeen - won
2011-12 v Hearts - lost
2012-13 v Falkirk - won

So I have a fairly even record at Hampden, and haven't seen us lose to a team that isn't Hearts - a good omen? :greengrin

Judas Iscariot
14-05-2013, 01:30 PM
So can anyone recommend a battle cruiser? No pikey dives as i'm English and like to drink in respectable places.

+ i'm on my own as all my "mates" are going to the game :fenlon

I'm not going either mate..

Will meet you here for the game...

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/images/display/49001_49500/49147_d3e459e0.jpg?w=2

:aok: