PDA

View Full Version : Should Webster have been Red carded?

MB62
13-05-2013, 10:05 AM
Seemed to get away with a lot of fouls yesterday but two in particular merited yellow cards IMO.

Firstly he wrestled Kevin Thomson to the ground, unbelievably he got away with that without even a foul against him when it should have been a penalty.
At the 2nd goal for us, he put in a shocker of a tackle on Robertson and that should have been a penalty too, although thankfully the ref allowed advantage (well, I'll give him the benifit of the doubt and say he would have given us a penalty if we hadn't scored).

Reckon Webster was a lucky man yesterday.

Bostonhibby
13-05-2013, 10:08 AM
Seemed to get away with a lot of fouls yesterday but two in particular merited yellow cards IMO.

Firstly he wrestled Kevin Thomson to the ground, unbelievably he got away with that without even a foul against him when it should have been a penalty.
At the 2nd goal for us, he put in a shocker of a tackle on Robertson and that should have been a penalty too, although thankfully the ref allowed advantage (well, I'll give him the benifit of the doubt and say he would have given us a penalty if we hadn't scored).

Probably, but I prefer the idea that none of them got sent off so they cant blame the defeat on a refereeing decision/being reduced to 10 men. No problem if it turns out to be their guaranteed retrospective red card though :greengrin

danhibees1875
13-05-2013, 10:13 AM

Was the first one not Stevenson? Although I agree, I'm amazed nothing came of it. I'd even have accepted a free-kick as initial contact may have been outside the box.

As for the second one, I'm going to go against the grain here and say that I thought he came in infront of Robertson in more of a 'block the ball' way and didn't seem to go through Robertson as such. Could be wrong on that one though if I were to watch it again.

Hermit Crab
13-05-2013, 10:24 AM
Was the first one not Stevenson? Although I agree, I'm amazed nothing came of it. I'd even have accepted a free-kick as initial contact may have been outside the box.

As for the second one, I'm going to go against the grain here and say that I thought he came in infront of Robertson in more of a 'block the ball' way and didn't seem to go through Robertson as such. Could be wrong on that one though if I were to watch it again.

First one was Stevenson. No pen for me.

Caversham Green
13-05-2013, 10:24 AM

He sent Robertson flying - it was a reckless challenge that could easily have resulted in serious injury. Regardless of advantage being played it warranted a booking at the very least.

cam75
13-05-2013, 10:25 AM
Probably, but I prefer the idea that none of them got sent off so they cant blame the defeat on a refereeing decision/being reduced to 10 men. No problem if it turns out to be their guaranteed retrospective red card though :greengrin

There is a few of them saying the ref was on our side yesterday classic:-)

--------
13-05-2013, 10:26 AM
It should be a red-card offence to play either Webster or Stevenson in any football match, in my opinion.

Knuckle-draggers the pair of them.

MB62
13-05-2013, 10:29 AM

Watch it again, watch it again, even if you think it wasn't a penalty you will see a fantastic winner being score for the Hibees :thumbsup:

Vini1875
13-05-2013, 10:30 AM
There is a few of them saying the ref was on our side yesterday classic:-)

That would appear to be correct since the ref never gave them a penalty or disallowed a perfectly good Hibs goal.

--------
13-05-2013, 10:48 AM

As for the second one, I'm going to go against the grain here and say that I thought he came in in front of Robertson in more of a 'block the ball' way and didn't seem to go through Robertson as such. Could be wrong on that one though if I were to watch it again.

I don't like it, but I have to agree with you.

Being fair I don't think Webster is going for Robertson. He slides in for the ball, but Robertson has already passed it when he arrives and Robertson goes over Webster's body witghout hurt. I don't honestly think Webster was trying to take Robertson out.

Caldwell's finish is absolutely out of the very topmost drawer in the cabinet, though. What a strike!

greenlex
13-05-2013, 11:04 AM
Not a red or even a yellow but in the build up to their ****ty goal Ngoo basically hauls Maybury away to get to the ball. If that's not a foul then I don't know what is. How did the ref miss that?:confused:

superfurryhibby
13-05-2013, 11:11 AM
The arm around Thomson was a pen. Webster is a dirty bassa, remember his assault on Didier Agathe (when he was playing for the smellies)? Crude and deliberate, put Agathe out with cruciate ligament damage.

--------
13-05-2013, 11:15 AM
ROSS CALDWELL has been the scourge of Hearts at youth level, the powerful striker boasting a record of seven goals in seven starts against the junior Jambos. The Hibs kid, however, admits he’d gladly swap all of them for the winner at Tynecastle tomorrow.

Hearts financial plight has seen the likes of Kevin McHattie, Jamie Walker, Jason Holt, Callum Tapping, Billy King, Callum Paterson and Dale Carrick fast-tracked into the first team, while Caldwell has been forced to patiently await a chance to hit the big time as he’s watched pals Danny Handling and Alex Harris grab the headlines in recent weeks.

But having scored his first SPL goal against St Mirren a couple of weeks ago, Caldwell insisted he’s ready and willing should he be called upon in the fifth and final Capital derby (http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/hibs-caldwell-looking-to-carry-youth-form-to-derby-1-2926349#) of the season, one which Fenlon’s players go into determined to maintain their unbeaten record against their biggest rivals.

He said: “I was actually going over my record against them during the week. It’s seven goals in seven starts, but I’d happily swap them for tomorrow if it was the winner."

Eight in eight now. I do like this guy. :greengrin