PDA

View Full Version : Claros

Heedersnvolleys
13-05-2013, 08:03 AM
For once got to agree with the Sun. Thought he was superb yesterday and agree with PF too, he does not get enough credit. After Leigh if possible we should pull out all the stops to keep him. Yes we have similar but they just don't do it as good as he does.
:pfgwa

JollyGreenGiant
13-05-2013, 08:08 AM
Have to agree, Claros was MOM for me. Chased everything, snapped at the heels of their midfielders all day and for once he helped us control the midfield

Aldo
13-05-2013, 08:09 AM
Composed, covered the ground and played dome sublime passes, showed his class and ran the show. Also a word for Taiwo who was also immense in the middle

Pretty Boy
13-05-2013, 08:09 AM
Sunday Mail reporting.yesterday that he plans to go back to Honduras in the summer and beg to stay at Hibs.

Quotes from the man himself saying how happy he is and how settled he feels having his family here.

lugz
13-05-2013, 08:26 AM
For once got to agree with the Sun. Thought he was superb yesterday and agree with PF too, he does not get enough credit. After Leigh if possible we should pull out all the stops to keep him. Yes we have similar but they just don't do it as good as he does.

Clearly PF doesn't read this, there's a thread about Claros every week saying how amazing he is. Would be brilliant if we could keep him, probably my favourite hibs player at the monent along with sparky!

Bristolhibby
13-05-2013, 08:31 AM
The "Pitbull" is living up to his name.

Could have done with present day Claros a year ago.

J

matty_f
13-05-2013, 08:36 AM
Claros has run the midfield in the last 2 derbies. I love the guy, think he's a fantastic player and I'd love to see him stay at Hibs.

Taiwo was brilliant yesterday as well.

clerriehibs
13-05-2013, 08:38 AM

He's possibly been the fans' MOTM most games this season ... that sounds like a fair bit of credit.

An absolute player, though, fantastic.

Leishy1995
13-05-2013, 08:46 AM
His chanting back at the fans was equally as impressive

1two
13-05-2013, 08:48 AM
He and Taiwo are our strongest midfield pairing

Treadstone
13-05-2013, 08:50 AM
Priority No 1 : Leigh

Then Claros , not really bothered about McGivern. These two signed and the fruit from the u20s with Craig as well, and I will be happy.

Thecat23
13-05-2013, 08:55 AM
I posted before that Hibs and Claros are working to get a deal sorted. He loves the city and his family have settled very well here. I personally think he will be staying. :agree:

SurferRosa
13-05-2013, 08:58 AM
Terrific player. I`ll bet aswell that if Cheats FC hadn`t had to cast him adrift because they...:hahaha:...couldnae afford him, the praise from the national press would have been gushing from the TV, radio and papers on a weekly basis.

Thankfully though, the Cheats didnae have a pot to pish in and he can go about his business with us quietly which hopefully gives us a better chance of keeping him here.

Heedersnvolleys
13-05-2013, 09:10 AM
Priority No 1 : Leigh

Then Claros , not really bothered about McGivern. These two signed and the fruit from the u20s with Craig as well, and I will be happy.

Then KT for me. Then McGivern. We can live in hope. Can't see iit though with Liam Craig arriving and Scott Robertson who will hopefully come good and get a run.

Hibbylad86
13-05-2013, 09:13 AM
I posted before that Hibs and Claros are working to get a deal sorted. He loves the city and his family have settled very well here. I personally think he will be staying. :agree:

I would love to know how you get these piece of info TC23! You can't have a man in Honduras surely? :greengrin

I hope he stays. We are now seeing the Claros that got the huns interested in signing him. Surely Rod should speculate to accumulate....or maybes no. :wink:

trev the hat
13-05-2013, 09:17 AM
Said on the match thread JC settled a few scores yesterday & alongside TT played a derby with a winners mentality & it showed. Credit to them both & the boys.

Mango Man
13-05-2013, 09:21 AM
Heard from a really good source that he probably won't be here next year, he is settled over here with the family but may try to get a better move within the UK, I for one really hope he stays, cracking player.

Thecat23
13-05-2013, 09:22 AM
I would love to know how you get these piece of info TC23! You can't have a man in Honduras surely? :greengrin

I hope he stays. We are now seeing the Claros that got the huns interested in signing him. Surely Rod should speculate to accumulate....or maybes no. :wink:#

Haha, simple mate. His agent is the same one Kenny has. He works for an American firm who deal with Pro's all over the world in all sports. I'm good friends with him. As for the Huns, no offer at this point has been made or any contact with them.

Seveno
13-05-2013, 11:57 AM
I love the guy. He is always there to support other players, knows exactly where he is putting the ball before he receives it, rarely loses a tackle and is superb at spotting danger and getting back to win the ball.

A player that you can definitely say is Hibs class.

Judas Iscariot
13-05-2013, 12:00 PM
Rated him from day 1, class act!

Him, TT & KT were all excellent yesterday

truehibernian
13-05-2013, 12:10 PM
Rated him from day 1, class act!

Him, TT & KT were all excellent yesterday

Mmmmm totally agree with you about Claros and TT mate, but I thought Kevin had us in a wee bit bother a few times by not playing the simple ball - there was a near carbon copy of the corner he gave away first half, in the early part of the second half, which had me tearing my hair oot ! Usually he is so assured on the ball but yesterday I thought he dithered at times and appeared reluctant to play to easy pass - my heart also went in my mouth when he played it out on the edge of the box - drew a free kick right enough but it was marginal.

I thought Tom Taiwo, from start to finish, was simply superb.

WestEndHibee
13-05-2013, 12:18 PM
Mmmmm totally agree with you about Claros and TT mate, but I thought Kevin had us in a wee bit bother a few times by not playing the simple ball - there was a near carbon copy of the corner he gave away first half, in the early part of the second half, which had me tearing my hair oot ! Usually he is so assured on the ball but yesterday I thought he dithered at times and appeared reluctant to play to easy pass - my heart also went in my mouth when he played it out on the edge of the box - drew a free kick right enough but it was marginal.

I thought Tom Taiwo, from start to finish, was simply superb.

I agree that he wasn't quite at the standard of JC and TT but I think KT deserves credit for playing out of position yet sticking with it so rigidly and offering the outlet with his crossfield balls to Harris. I remember that moment on the edge of the box and was the culmination of the only period where I felt we were under pressure from Hearts. KT winning that free kick instead of booting it away gave us a chance to regroup and we did and went on to control the match again. (However I would probably be slating him if he'd lost the ball and they'd scored :greengrin).

down-the-slope
13-05-2013, 01:41 PM
I remember early threads when he first came when I got slaughtered for suggesting that other players were just not at his level / wavelength when he was making passes to where a player with a football brain would have run / made space into ...making Jorge look like he was giving up possession easily...and saying that when there were another couple of footballers around we would see just how good he is....:greengrin

Yesterday we saw that when there are actually players pressing and forwards up top (ie. not just 1) he can find them with sublime passes that open teams up.

I know that its often made fun of on here about players saying EM is great and Edinburgh a nice City...but I don't think we should underestimate how important family being settled / having a nice 'place of work' is in the whole package.

Getting paid well while having an un happy family / personal life and living in a crud place and 'working' somewhere with crap facilities is not everyone's choice.

Have a look at Jorges reaction to the winning goal - never seen him go quite so nuts....

Thecat23
13-05-2013, 01:43 PM
I remember early threads when he first came when I got slaughtered for suggesting that other players were just not at his level / wavelength when he was making passes to where a player with a football brain would have run / made space into ...making Jorge look like he was giving up possession easily...and saying that when there were another couple of footballers around we would see just how good he is....:greengrin

Yesterday we saw that when there are actually players pressing and forwards up top (ie. not just 1) he can find them with sublime passes that open teams up.

I know that its often made fun of on here about players saying EM is great and Edinburgh a nice City...but I don't think we should underestimate how important family being settled / having a nice 'place of work' is in the whole package.

Getting paid well while having an un happy family / personal life and living in a crud place and 'working' somewhere with crap facilities is not everyone's choice.

Have a look at Jorges reaction to the winning goal - never seen him go quite so nuts....

Good post mate. Agree with the lot.

southsider
13-05-2013, 01:52 PM
Switched the play from left to right allowing young Harris, on his more natural side of the park, to give there defenders a torrid time. Alex's pace was like a young Arthur Duncan and this young man has a very bright future.

muzzhfc
13-05-2013, 02:05 PM
And to think we wanted him binned after the other day in may