PDA

View Full Version : Corners

1two
13-05-2013, 03:14 AM
Solid performance all round yesterday except when it came to defending corners. Our defence seemed confident until hearts corners when we turned to panic trying to scramble the ball away. If Neil Lennon was watching he'll have noticed...

I can't say I've noticed us particularly bad at it the rest of the season so what was wrong? The different centre half pairing?

Sean1875
13-05-2013, 05:37 AM
His performances recently have been slack but McPake does organise well, can't help but think surely his absence had some kind of effect.

Hibercelona
13-05-2013, 05:46 AM
For me, it was Williams who looked slack in defence. He seemed to flap at a couple of crosses and drop a few balls that should have been firmly in his grasp.

I understand that there is a lot of nerves during these kind of games, but this is an issue that needs to be resolved as it's gone on for far too long there.

vercol36
13-05-2013, 05:55 AM
Solid performance all round yesterday except when it came to defending corners. Our defence seemed confident until hearts corners when we turned to panic trying to scramble the ball away. If Neil Lennon was watching he'll have noticed...

I can't say I've noticed us particularly bad at it the rest of the season so what was wrong? The different centre half pairing?

Sorry mate, but it's been abysmal all season. We can't do corners in attack, we can't do corners while in defence. We should maybe just line up the team along the goal line at every corner!

Brightside
13-05-2013, 06:53 AM
Twice we were under pressure at corners. Both time when williams failed to control his area. Lennon should have more concerns than us, his team are utter tom kite at cross balls, and if we go at them we can rip them apart. :pfgwa

WestEndHibee
13-05-2013, 06:57 AM
Kuqi could solve all these problems :greengrin