PDA

View Full Version : Sparky . . .

12-05-2013, 10:24 PM
Putting his thumbs up to the tramps after his beauty of a goal haahaha !

Leigh Griffiths - legend !

:flag:

Green Cabbage 7
12-05-2013, 10:51 PM
[QUOTE=NumberSeven;3597830]Putting his thumbs up to the tramps after his beauty of a goal haahaha !

Leigh Griffiths - legend !

I thought it was to Fenlon to be honest I might be wrong though.

:pfgwa

Stevie Reid
13-05-2013, 09:28 AM
22 years old - 100 career goals

24 goals in 52 appearances for Livingston

29 goals in 54 appearances for Dundee

39 goals in 76 appearances for The Cabbage

23 of those appearances are as a sub, so it's in 92 goals in 159 starts in club football. Unbelievable - and he's one of our own :flag:

(I presume the other 8 goals must have come from Scotland U21s)

matty_f
13-05-2013, 09:29 AM
He's a very special player, and works his socks off as well which just makes him even better.

Aldo
13-05-2013, 09:32 AM
He's a very special player, and works his socks off as well which just makes him even better.

This. Mon Rodders get it SORTED!!

GreenCastle
13-05-2013, 09:36 AM
And he will be staying - more torture for other teams next season :greengrin

Mr White
13-05-2013, 10:16 AM
Quality celebration befitting of such a tremendous free-kick.

Diclonius
13-05-2013, 10:37 AM
I did notice him gesturing to them but wasn't entirely sure as you're never really aware of what happens when you celebrate a goal like that. :greengrin

Made all the more sweeter by the fact that they really, really hate him.

13-05-2013, 10:38 AM
I did notice him gesturing to them but wasn't entirely sure as you're never really aware of what happens when you celebrate a goal like that. :greengrin

Made all the more sweeter by the fact that they really, really hate him.

And he really, really hates them lol!

3pm
13-05-2013, 10:43 AM
I didn't think too many would ever give Riordan a run for his money but this guy has.

calumhibee1
13-05-2013, 10:44 AM
Anyone got a decent picture of it? Never noticed it at the game!

Purehibee_MYB
13-05-2013, 10:54 AM
I really really love how much he loves getting it right up the yams! :thumbsup:

Bristolhibby
13-05-2013, 11:36 AM
From my viewing of it, he gave the thumbs up to the bams that sit closest to the hibs fans in the Asbestos stand. Quick little thumbs up to them, then a couple of thum kisses to the Hibs end before he ran back to our half.

J

Bristolhibby
13-05-2013, 11:38 AM
I really really love how much he loves getting it right up the yams! :thumbsup:

He's a fan. We'd all do exactly the same if it was us who scored.

Compare it to Ratchel, who would only do things like that to curry favour with the manky lot.

J

KeithTheHibby
13-05-2013, 11:44 AM
Even now he is better than Riordan.

Kenny1875
13-05-2013, 11:47 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BKFRme-CQAEmiKA.jpg:large

13-05-2013, 11:54 AM

:top marks:not worth:flag:

Aldo
13-05-2013, 12:04 PM
Quality mate. Just pinched it and posted it on Facebook for all ma yam mates to see. Wonder how long before I get the 1-5 and 1902??

Piqué
13-05-2013, 12:06 PM
Sparky - The Hammer of the Hearts...?

JimBHibees
13-05-2013, 12:18 PM
Thought his celebration at the end was superb as well. Some of the goals the guy has scored this season have simply been amazing to be honest. Fantastic player and striker of a ball.

Andy74
13-05-2013, 12:22 PM
Even now he is better than Riordan.

Agree. He is currently better than Riordan ever was at his peak.

Sylar
13-05-2013, 12:23 PM
Have I missed something as to why people seem to assert with such certainty that he'll be here next season or has the fishman been doing the rounds again?

Whoever takes over at Molineaux would be crazy not to take Sparky back down and have a look at him after this season. There's not much Hibs can do if that happens either.

A great player but one who probably should be playing at a level above the SPL.

easty
13-05-2013, 12:36 PM

surely someone can stick this together with a pic of the yams with thier heads down in defeat, with the caption....heads down, thumbs up (great primary school game that was!)

SlickShoes
13-05-2013, 12:37 PM
Have I missed something as to why people seem to assert with such certainty that he'll be here next season or has the fishman been doing the rounds again?

Whoever takes over at Molineaux would be crazy not to take Sparky back down and have a look at him after this season. There's not much Hibs can do if that happens either.

A great player but one who probably should be playing at a level above the SPL.

He doesn't want to be at Wolves, that will have a big impact in where he plays whether he is under contract or not.

He wants to play for hibs.

Those are the key factors, in Scotland Celtc aren't interested in him so that leaves no one to move to up here, I doubt he'd want to take a stab at the championship when he could spend another year scoring record breaking amount of goals for hibs in the SPL and get a move to the premiership possibly like fletcher did. As daft as he was a year and a half a go, football wise he seems to have his head screwed on at least.

That's my theory.

Stevie Reid
13-05-2013, 12:45 PM
If he improves as much again next season as he has in this one, he'll be frighteningly good.

Sylar
13-05-2013, 12:58 PM
He doesn't want to be at Wolves, that will have a big impact in where he plays whether he is under contract or not.

He wants to play for hibs.

I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who would rather do their job for another company or indeed a different job but if he's contracted to Wolves and they decide to want to put his talents at the forefront of their quest to return to the Championship, his "wants" matter not...

Those are the key factors, in Scotland Celtc aren't interested in him so that leaves no one to move to up here, I doubt he'd want to take a stab at the championship when he could spend another year scoring record breaking amount of goals for hibs in the SPL and get a move to the premiership possibly like fletcher did. As daft as he was a year and a half a go, football wise he seems to have his head screwed on at least.

That's my theory.

How do we know Celtic aren't interested? I wouldn't be surprised at all if they were interested, particularly since there are a few clubs likely to be sniffing around Hooper over the summer. The summer transfer window is a

Also, why wouldn't he want to move to a league which is much higher profile, his salary would double (at least) and he'd be playing against a much higher calibre of opponent on a weekly basis?

NorthNorfolkHFC
13-05-2013, 03:25 PM
surely someone can stick this together with a pic of the yams with thier heads down in defeat, with the caption....heads down, thumbs up (great primary school game that was!)

I'm a primary school teacher and all I did today was play heads down thumbs up! My jambo mate came into my class and I told him what we were playing and he walked straight back out!

Wotherspiniesta
13-05-2013, 06:36 PM
Bingo didn't want him.

Sorry pal! :greengrin

Seriously though. This guy is absolutely class. A special, special player. We're lucky to have him and just the thought of him signing permanently... well... I'll leave the erection jokes to the PM board! :aok:

Ryan91
13-05-2013, 08:30 PM
I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who would rather do their job for another company or indeed a different job but if he's contracted to Wolves and they decide to want to put his talents at the forefront of their quest to return to the Championship, his "wants" matter not...

How do we know Celtic aren't interested? I wouldn't be surprised at all if they were interested, particularly since there are a few clubs likely to be sniffing around Hooper over the summer. The summer transfer window is a

Also, why wouldn't he want to move to a league which is much higher profile, his salary would double (at least) and he'd be playing against a much higher calibre of opponent on a weekly basis?

Perhaps he wouldn't want to move as he is loyal to the club (extremely rare in modern football - but he's said he wants to stay in the past, so I wouldn't put it past him), perhaps he feels that he would be better biding his time a little, having another good season at Hibs, mature some more before making the move to the Championship and hopefully impressing down there enough to warrant a move to a club in the EPL.

As for Celtic, even if they did offer him something I doubt he'd go there, all he needs to do is look at Riordan - had the potential to be one of Scotland's best ever players and should have gone down South but chose to head West and thus let all that potential go to waste. And then he needs to look at Scott Brown - has had a decent career at Celtic but from what I've seen he's not improved a vast amount, should also have gone South but Celtic offered Hibs silly money for him, and may have eventually moved South if he'd improved more whilst at Celtic.

13-05-2013, 08:35 PM
I'm a primary school teacher and all I did today was play heads down thumbs up! My jambo mate came into my class and I told him what we were playing and he walked straight back out!

:top marks:thumbsup:

Sylar
13-05-2013, 09:05 PM
Perhaps he wouldn't want to move as he is loyal to the club (extremely rare in modern football - but he's said he wants to stay in the past, so I wouldn't put it past him), perhaps he feels that he would be better biding his time a little, having another good season at Hibs, mature some more before making the move to the Championship and hopefully impressing down there enough to warrant a move to a club in the EPL.

As for Celtic, even if they did offer him something I doubt he'd go there, all he needs to do is look at Riordan - had the potential to be one of Scotland's best ever players and should have gone down South but chose to head West and thus let all that potential go to waste. And then he needs to look at Scott Brown - has had a decent career at Celtic but from what I've seen he's not improved a vast amount, should also have gone South but Celtic offered Hibs silly money for him, and may have eventually moved South if he'd improved more whilst at Celtic.

A lot of "perhaps'", "maybe's", "if's", "doubt's" and "but's" in there.

Don't get me wrong, I hope you're right (and incidentally, I'm not certain he'd go to Celtic either - my point was merely that we don't know there isn't interest and that the lure of Champions League football must be huge for any young footballer, even if it means playing for the Tims on a weekly basis). However, I doubt (that word again) that whoever takes over at Wolves won't want to have a look at Griffiths considering the year he's just had.

allezsauzee
13-05-2013, 09:33 PM
A lot of companies keep a hold of key employees by offering them a share of the company, maybe Hibs should offer Leigh some equity not in Hibs but in Leigh himself. Sign a 3 year deal and we'll give you 50% of any transfer bid £1million or above. We get to keep Leigh for a bit longer and both Hibs and Leigh make a nice bit of cash

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-05-2013, 12:32 AM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/8711785/Leigh-Griffiths-ready-to-sign-new-deal-at-Hibernian

Worth a read.

Fergus52
14-05-2013, 12:38 AM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/8711785/Leigh-Griffiths-ready-to-sign-new-deal-at-Hibernian

Worth a read.

was surprised that that link doesn't have it's own thread

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-05-2013, 01:05 AM
was surprised that that link doesn't have it's own thread

Me too...

TRC
14-05-2013, 01:15 AM
didn't even think of the thumb thing when I saw it to be honest I thought he was taking the piss out of the linesman as if to say you sure that one was in:wink:

The Green Goblin
14-05-2013, 03:15 AM
The thumb thing was the first thing I noticed and I pmsl. Brilliant girfuy after one of the best goals you'll ever see a Hibs player score.

The Green Goblin
14-05-2013, 03:18 AM

Worth a read.

"I couldn't have picked a better place to get it" :greengrin

macca70
14-05-2013, 06:06 AM

Worth a read.

When I saw that headline, I got quite excited and thought something had been ironed out.

But when you read the article, there's nothing new happened and situation still seems clear as mud. I'm worried that even if Wolves agree to let him go, someone else comes in, offers Leigh significantly higher wages and offer Wolves a decent fee.

I suppose ultimately its up yo Leigh though and if he only wants to sign for Hibs, there's not much Wolves could do on insisting he signs elsewhere.

hibeesboii
14-05-2013, 07:32 AM
Hopefully something gets sorted with sparky right away, would be a great loss if we cant keep him longer than the final

hibeesboii
14-05-2013, 07:37 AM
Hopefully something gets sorted with sparky right away, would be a great loss if we cant keep him longer than the final

YehButNoBut
14-05-2013, 10:10 AM
Would be amazing if the 30th goal was the winner in the cup final. :not worth :pray:

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4926669/Leigh-Now-I-want-to-smash-30-goal-mark.html