PDA

View Full Version : The back four for the final

theonlywayisup
12-05-2013, 07:57 PM
Looks like there are some decisions to be made by Pat. Let's hope he gets it right.

What are your thoughts?

Clancy or Maybury: Clancy hasn't been great since he came back from his injury. I would go for Maybury
McPake or Forster: McPake has been poor lately, but is it too much to ask a teenager to play in the cup final against Celtic
Hanlon: The only certainty in the back four given the uncertainty elsewhere.
McGivern or Stevenson: Would prefer McGivern, if fit. Anyone know if he will be ok for the final?

I think that we have to give today's defence of Maybury, Hanlon, Forster & Stevenson a run in the next couple of games, and if they do well play them in the final.

Thoughts?

JennaFletcher
12-05-2013, 08:01 PM
Looks like there are some decisions to be made by Pat. Let's hope he gets it right.

What are your thoughts?

Clancy or Maybury: Clancy hasn't been great since he came back from his injury. I would go for Maybury
McPake or Forster: McPake has been poor lately, but is it too much to ask a teenager to play in the cup final against Celtic
Hanlon: The only certainty in the back four given the uncertainty elsewhere.
McGivern or Stevenson: Would prefer McGivern, if fit. Anyone know if he will be ok for the final?

I think that we have to give today's defence of Maybury, Hanlon, Forster & Stevenson a run in the next couple of games, and if they do well play them in the final.

Thoughts?

I would go with Maybury, Forster, Hanlon and McGivern. Forster was as cool as a cucumber today, never freaked me out at all (unlike McPake who has sadly lost his confidence lately!)

NB: My starting 11 would also include a front line of Griffiths and Caldwell and a midfield of Taiwo, Claros, Thomson and Harris (like today).

hibsbollah
12-05-2013, 08:07 PM
Despite today, id go for Maybury McPake Hanlon and McGivern/Stevenson. If Forster plays well again next week i might change my mind, but as of now id still favour experience for the final.

1875Hibees
12-05-2013, 08:07 PM
I would go with Maybury, Forster, Hanlon and McGivern. Forster was as cool as a cucumber today, never freaked me out at all (unlike McPake who has sadly lost his confidence lately!)

NB: My starting 11 would also include a front line of Griffiths and Caldwell and a midfield of Taiwo, Claros, Thomson and Harris (like today).
I am in two minds whether I would like to see McPake come back in but I would like to see Doyle start upfront beside Leigh. Caldwell did well today though but I would like to see the more experianced player playing in a cup final.

JustSimplyHibs
12-05-2013, 08:56 PM
LB - Stevenson
CB - McGirven
CB - Hanlon
RB - Clancy

Sub - Forster

cleanyman
12-05-2013, 08:59 PM
Clancy shouldn't start the final

He's been nowhere good enough this season, Maybury for me.

LeighLoyal
12-05-2013, 09:03 PM
I don't rate Maybury. He was pretty weak at their goal, but I'd give him the Kilmarnock game. Play Forster again, but McPake should be the guy at Hampden. I'd still say Clancy Hanlon McPake McGiven is the strongest back four.

Baader
12-05-2013, 09:07 PM
If McPake has proven his fitness I imagine Fenlon will go with him over Forster.

JustSimplyHibs
12-05-2013, 09:09 PM
Set pieces concern me, Celtic are big and physical and without McPake in my back 4 I chose Clancy over Maybury. Also Maybury if a ball get's played over his head, he is like a headless chicken and also poor at set pieces - loses his player time after time. Other wee things as well, Clancy can throw a ball further than Maybury which can be handy near their corner flag, Maybury cannae even throw a ball to a players feet.

Aldo
12-05-2013, 09:22 PM
I don't rate Maybury. He was pretty weak at their goal, but I'd give him the Kilmarnock game. Play Forster again, but McPake should be the guy at Hampden. I'd still say Clancy Hanlon McPake McGiven is the strongest back four.

One is puzzled by this comment about him being pretty weak at their goal.

Maybury , in my eyes anyway, didn't put a foot wrong today. Williams was at fault for goal ENDOF.

I will stick my neck out and say I would play Maybury at RB in final. Cool head today and helped out Harris and his team mates very very well. Took up some very good positions and passed/competed well.

Just saying like.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-05-2013, 09:25 PM
Clancy McPake Hanlon McGivern for me

calumhibee1
12-05-2013, 09:26 PM
Can Forster play RB?

LioNeilMessi
12-05-2013, 09:34 PM
Clancy shouldn't start the final

He's been nowhere good enough this season, Maybury for me.

:agree: Given the last few months Clancy will be lucky to get on the bench.

I think his physical fitness seems to be a real problem. In particular, once or twice, I've notices he's not been able to keep up with his own dribbling and has lost possession. Hopefully he gets it back up to scratch soon. Clancy at his best would not be a doubt for the final, but he's nowhere near that just now.

ForeverHibs93
12-05-2013, 10:25 PM
One is puzzled by this comment about him being pretty weak at their goal.

Maybury , in my eyes anyway, didn't put a foot wrong today. Williams was at fault for goal ENDOF.

I will stick my neck out and say I would play Maybury at RB in final. Cool head today and helped out Harris and his team mates very very well. Took up some very good positions and passed/competed well.

Just saying like.
Thanks, you've just reminded me why I stopped coming on here! Maybury is a shocking footballer, put the ball behind him and he's f***ed. As for the goal, if he hadn't been too busy trying to manhandle Ngoo and focus on the ball he might of been able to clear it.

Aldo
12-05-2013, 10:34 PM
Thanks, you've just reminded me why I stopped coming on here! Maybury is a shocking footballer, put the ball behind him and he's f***ed. As for the goal, if he hadn't been too busy trying to manhandle Ngoo and focus on the ball he might of been able to clear it.

Sorry but Williams was at fault for the goal Ngoo is 6ft plus and tbh was always winning that header, but wouldn't of got it if Williams had did his part. Ngoo and the gang tried to get past him but he positioned himself well and for me didn't put a foot wrong. My opinion. Defending a corner like that is very difficult.

Folk on here are looking at every excuse to blame Maybury cos he used to play for them.
Why the negativity. He was part of a winning TEAM. We WON. Stop pointing the blame for the goal at him.

KT should of put it out... He slipped....corner.... Williams fluffed his lines... Header... Goal.

Nuff said.

PS if being positive about a Hibs player has stopped you coming on here then don't bother. We could do without the negativity.

PPS my opinion mind

Sammy7nil
12-05-2013, 10:35 PM

Why slate a Hibs player when he just played a big part in a very good defensive display beating Hearts for the 1st time in 4 years at the PBS. All Hibs players have faults and lack consistency if they did not they would not be playing for Hibs

JOD
12-05-2013, 10:38 PM
:tub4:Back four should be Maybury------Clancy--------McPake------Hanlon That will win us the cup (again) 1902 (again)

MrRobot
12-05-2013, 10:41 PM
Clancy McGivern Hanlon Stevenson

Could even go for 5

................................McPake
Clancy.........McGivern......Hanlon.........Steven son

Up The Bracket
12-05-2013, 10:44 PM
Maybury McGivern Hanlon Stevenson

TowerHibs
12-05-2013, 10:47 PM
Maybury McGivern Hanlon Stevenson

what i would go with. Stevenson against Forest on the wing. Lewis has much much better distribution too