PDA

View Full Version : Scott Robertson

neil7908
12-05-2013, 05:40 PM
I know there is a lot of player related threads floating about now but just felt he warranted a mention.

He's taken a bit of stick (probably deserved) for some poor showing but he did really well to find Caldwell for the winner with 2 Hearts players on him very quickly after he picked the ball up.

IMO thats exactly why he was brought to the club, to link up with the forwards and provide a proper attacking threat from midfield.

Hopefully with a decent pre-season he will become an important player for us next season.

Devilstorment
12-05-2013, 05:43 PM
Still not convinced on him, after his semi final shambles it will take a lot more than a simple set up to win me over

... but fair play to the guy lets give him a chance, I would be happy to be proven wrong.

JohnStephens91
12-05-2013, 05:47 PM
You could see how much the goal meant to him too. Hopefully after a pre-season he will come good and have a similar transformation as Claros. Very nice guy and a good footballer, he'll just be rusty from not too many games at Blackpool.

jdships
12-05-2013, 05:47 PM
Trying to be objective I think Robertson is a type of palyer that every club needs
Never will be a STAR but gives 100% within his capabilities

Wish him well next season !!

greenteam
12-05-2013, 05:48 PM
I believe he will be a major player for us. What i dont agree with is how he has been asked to play (only an opinion) but if we play 4-4-2 which we will then using him in a 4-3-1-2 type of play would be the way forward for me.

Winston Ingram
12-05-2013, 05:49 PM
He'll come good. He's not played much football this season and I suspect his fitness has struggled as a result

McD
12-05-2013, 06:04 PM
I know there is a lot of player related threads floating about now but just felt he warranted a mention.

He's taken a bit of stick (probably deserved) for some poor showing but he did really well to find Caldwell for the winner with 2 Hearts players on him very quickly after he picked the ball up.

IMO thats exactly why he was brought to the club, to link up with the forwards and provide a proper attacking threat from midfield.

Hopefully with a decent pre-season he will become an important player for us next season.

Many other players would have only had eyes for a shot themselves, rather than getting their heads up and selecting the best option, not to mention he accomplished that (the right weight and pace on the pass for Caldwell to take a great touch to set up the shot) knowing that redneck Webster was about to take him out with a move straight on the WWE.

Hasnt set the heather alight this season, but I'm sure will come good with a preseason, and probably a greater idea of where he'll fit in next season

Seveno
12-05-2013, 06:15 PM
He was fast to pick up the loose ball and then to pick up Caldmwell. I hope this is a sign of good he can be.

Iggy Pope
12-05-2013, 06:19 PM
Caldwell's perfect finish settled any argument, but I thought the challenge on Robertson (Webster?), was a penalty.

Dinkydoo
12-05-2013, 06:21 PM
I was convinced that we were going to concede a goal with him on the park; his non existent marking and aimless wandering within 2 minutes of him coming on were causing us problems.

Hope he comes good as I was excited at the prospect of him signing.