PDA

View Full Version : That moment at 3-0 vs. Falkirk...

Northernhibee
12-05-2013, 04:48 PM
...was that the turning point for Pat?

Going in at HT three down forced us to play attacking football and take the game to the opposition and we got the result from it.

Since then we've been playing two up front and although every result hasn't been ideal we've been playing better stuff and scoring some lovely goals. We've got some good youngsters and Pat's been bold enough today to throw a few of them into a very big game.

Really hope that the Falkirk game is what gives Pat the confidence to keep pushing forward and getting us playing attractive passing attacking football.

Time will tell but I have a feeling that comeback is even more significant than we thought at the time.

hugo boss
12-05-2013, 04:58 PM

Going in at HT three down forced us to play attacking football and take the game to the opposition and we got the result from it.

Since then we've been playing two up front and although every result hasn't been ideal we've been playing better stuff and scoring some lovely goals. We've got some good youngsters and Pat's been bold enough today to throw a few of them into a very big game.

Really hope that the Falkirk game is what gives Pat the confidence to keep pushing forward and getting us playing attractive passing attacking football.

Time will tell but I have a feeling that comeback is even more significant than we thought at the time. no simple as that

CallumLaidlaw
12-05-2013, 05:00 PM
Today was by far the best we've played in a derby. Pushing forward more and the back 4 looked fairly settled bar the corners

Northernhibee
12-05-2013, 05:05 PM
no simple as that

That's that sorted then :greengrin

12-05-2013, 05:05 PM
Today was by far the best we've played in a derby. Pushing forward more and the back 4 looked fairly settled bar the corners

Yes best we have played at tynecastle for a long time. Maybe it was because we had youngsters in, less cautious than older players and wanting to get forward. I thought we played some great attacking stuff today and really troubled them. Usually we sit back and defend and its makes them come at us with wave after wave of attack and obviously it doesn't work so today was great to see the players actually get forward and put them on the back foot for once. They are a piss poor side so we had to have a go at them.

MichelleHibs
12-05-2013, 06:37 PM
We wanted it more than them pure and simple.

Billy Whizz
12-05-2013, 06:55 PM

I think we're far better than them, we have a rosy future, downward spiral for them from now on

Pete
13-05-2013, 01:41 AM

Time will tell but I have a feeling that comeback is even more significant than we thought at the time.

I definitely wouldn't underestimate that one hour period. On and off the park.

On the park, I think you are spot on. He knew he had to walk if his players never pulled that recovery off...but they did. He was bold then and he's been bold recently and it's worked again at Tynecastle. It's important to remember that he is still a very young manager and is still learning. He will learn that there is a time for sitting back and a time for cutting loose.

Off the park too. The cup run has been dragging people along to an extent and that was the only thing detracting from the bad league form. At half-time he would have been shot if someone had the means to do so. A heavy defeat to your rivals in a cup final is pretty hard to take, regardless of the finances/Thomson aspect. To return to the scene of the crime and take a pounding like that off a division 1 team was the worst feeling. I felt ten times worse at half time vs Falkirk than I did at the end of the 2012 cup final. It's as if nobody at the club had learned anything and they were all taking the piss.

At full time I felt we were invincible and that my club could do anything it set it's mind to.

Hibbylad86
13-05-2013, 05:27 AM
I agree to a certain extent! Pat was forced into a corner at HT against Falkirk. He has struggled with the balance of playing free flowing football and being hard to beat. This all came from last years final. The fact he had no option but to play attacking football and give youth a chance to try and win that semi final has opened his eyes. He would have been crazy to change the team from the one that finished the semi final and tbh they have performed well enough to stay in the team.

I think there is an element yesterday that we with Caldwell, Harris, Forster etc playing there is no fear against them anymore. No baggage, no what if we get pumped 5-1 again. It is the way the swaggered into the game and never put a foot wrong. The more experienced players are following their lead and it's great to see.

Hibercelona
13-05-2013, 05:42 AM
I just have visions in my mind of Pat Fenlon pulling a Mike Bassett at half time during the semi.

He went "a bit radge" if I recall what wee Harris said. :wink:

frazeHFC
13-05-2013, 05:53 AM

Which was very nice to see! Last few at the PBS thats not been the case. I loved seeing what it meant to Sparky yesterday!