PDA

View Full Version : James McDonaugh

Winston Ingram
12-05-2013, 04:35 PM
What a cracking job he's been doing with the youths. There's a lot more like that still yet to get a chance.

Really pleased Fenlon is finally got the courage to give some of his boys a chance.

Makes you wonder why we didn't see more of them earlier:agree:

Sean1875
12-05-2013, 04:37 PM
Incredible job, can see a good few of the current u-20s getting a shot next season. Hopefully give some.of them a run against dundee.

matty_f
12-05-2013, 04:38 PM
Cracking guy and from what I've seen a cracking coach too. Doing a great job and played a massive part in the win today.

Franck is God
12-05-2013, 05:54 PM
We see a handful of players involved with the first team now and from what I saw on Thursday night at ER there are more to come.

Good work James!

Stantons Angel
12-05-2013, 06:02 PM
I agree that James is doing a fantastic job with the young players and he should be so proud of them all!.

Lets not forget though the work of Alistair Stevenson who would have been fundamental in bringing some of these boys to the club at a much younger age.

James will probably agree that Alistair should get a mention in the work with the boys. In my opinion Alistair was put in a position he didnt want to be in and that was to support managers that were not good enough to be there.

He was then dropped like a stone when the new managerial set up came in. He is now working his magic with the St Johnstone youths and i for one would like to thank him for the legacy he left behind for the future of HIBERNIAN and wish james all the best for the future!

Winston Ingram
12-05-2013, 06:26 PM
We see a handful of players involved with the first team now and from what I saw on Thursday night at ER there are more to come.

Good work James!

I was hoping to see Bradley Donaldson get a shot. Sounds very promising

Horse
12-05-2013, 07:43 PM
Great to see James getting some long overdue and well deserved credit. He has one of the most demanding jobs that there is within the club and it also has to be said that it's not just the guys who make it that benefit from his hard work, there is also a huge amount of work that goes towards ensuring that the guys who don't make it are well prepared for life outside of football. So much for the Jambos and their "golden generation" - we had a good percentage of our team today who came through our youth system and we played the inbred maroon mutants off the park!

BEEJ
12-05-2013, 08:08 PM
Celtic threw everything at us and we just couldn't hold out as Atajic scored, he is also a very good finisher.

"Nevertheless we persevered and our winner was a stunning effort from Dean Horribine, a top corner strike down the slope after 89 minutes which gave us the win.

"We have been on an exceptional run, so many players playing their part and now we hope to have done enough to finish third in the table.

"It's the end of an era for me and some of these boys, I've now coached the older ones for five years.

"But let's hope the younger ones now see what it takes and are capable of reaching the level we are looking for at Hibs."

:agree: JMcD and the academy coaching team have done a wonderful job. So I'm hoping that I'm just reading a bit too much into the quoted words above that I've highlighted in bold.

They are taken from James' U-20s post-match, season-end interview that was on the official site on Thursday.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20130509/hibernian-under-20s-win-again_2262950_3172827

Winston Ingram
12-05-2013, 08:27 PM
He got a mention fae PF in the post match Hibs TV interview:agree:

nonshinyfinish
12-05-2013, 08:33 PM
:agree: JMcD and the academy coaching team have done a wonderful job. So I'm hoping that I'm just reading a bit too much into the quoted words above that I've highlighted in bold.

They are taken from James' U-20s post-match, season-end interview that was on the official site on Thursday.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20130509/hibernian-under-20s-win-again_2262950_3172827

I think you are reading too much into it, I think he means it's the end of an era as in he'll no longer be coaching the older ones.

BEEJ
12-05-2013, 09:03 PM
I think you are reading too much into it, I think he means it's the end of an era as in he'll no longer be coaching the older ones.
:agree: Was hoping that was the case.

:thumbsup: