PDA

View Full Version : Was that our best performance this season

lord bunberry
12-05-2013, 03:52 PM
I thought it was, we controlled the game, and won it

iwasthere1972
12-05-2013, 03:59 PM
Without a doubt our best performance all season. Probably the best we have played for some time. Totally bossed the midfield. Like old times when we had both Thomson and Broonaldo at the top of their game. The midfield was pinnacle to our win today and the Yams will know that the balance of power is now in Leith.

GGTTH :flag:

I've never taken drugs in my life but I would imagine that this is the feeling you get after a few smokes of cannabis. :greengrin

Up The Bracket
12-05-2013, 04:00 PM
We were better away to Motherwell (4-0) and at home to Celtic among others, we were good today, but I think we're getting a bit carried away :agree:

Stevie Reid
12-05-2013, 04:05 PM
Up there with the best in terms of the football played along with the battling qualities and grit and determination shown. The two corners aside, we defended really well as well.

I think only Dundee Utd at home comes close in terms of quality of goals. In fact, all 5 of our bottom six goals (6 if you include Harris v Killie) have been excellent.

Andy74
12-05-2013, 04:07 PM
I think we've played better early season. We don't normally manage to get the ball down against Hearts though so that was pleasing to see.

Humo
No, but it's certainly the most pleasing! :flag:

Purehibee_MYB
The one that sticks out for me is the game at home to Dundee in the first half of the season when we won 3-0.. But it's certainly the best we've played in 2013 for me

Stevie Reid
12-05-2013, 04:12 PM
Earlier this season, if someone had told me that we would go to Tynie and win with a team without Doyle, Cairney, Wotherspoon, Clancy, McGivern and McPake, I would have found it hard to believe. Great stuff.

Andy74
12-05-2013, 04:15 PM
Earlier this season, if someone had told me that we would go to Tynie and win with a team without Doyle, Cairney, Wotherspoon, Clancy, McGivern and McPake, I would have found it hard to believe. Great stuff.

Agree and I'd have chucked Deegan into that who I thought was key to what we were doing early season.

Treadstone
12-05-2013, 04:19 PM
Agree and I'd have chucked Deegan into that who I thought was key to what we were doing early season.

So obvious now but the loyalty to Deegan was one of the things holding us back. A lot slicker in midfield without him.

truehibernian
12-05-2013, 04:21 PM
First game all season we have capitalised on our strengths and not allowed the opposition easy possession in the middle of the park. Our tactic was clear, so was theirs. We used young Alex as often as we could and played it wide as often as we could, often cross field from Lewis to Harris. This by-passed their more technical players who struggled to get the ball - combine that with really tight, pressing, combative midfield work, it really negated Hearts as a threat.

As ever, Hearts only ploy was from set pieces - Locke and Murray are a partnership made in heaven as they are inept, much like McGlynn. I genuinely don't think our full backs will have an easier derby - was surprised they didn't play width and went with braun up top. Thankfully the wrong move.

Pat got his tactics absolutely spot on today, spot on.

bingo70
12-05-2013, 04:21 PM
I think we played better against a better team when we drew 2 all with Dundee utd at tannadice. The cup win at rugby park was better performance as well.

Interesting thread for those that think no progress has been made this season.

marinello59
12-05-2013, 06:29 PM
I think we played better against a better team when we drew 2 all with Dundee utd at tannadice. The cup win at rugby park was better performance as well.

Interesting thread for those that think no progress has been made this season.

I'd agree with that.
The first half in particular was certainly our best performance at Tynecastle in a long time though. Today the players and the coaching staff got it right. Apart from 15 minute spell in the second half we were the dominant team. This was no lucky win, it was a well deserved win based on hard work and superior football. Hope it hurts like hell to for the Yams tonight when it sinks in that the wee team is already ahead of them and the effects of financial reality has still to bite them really hard.

Brightside
12-05-2013, 06:32 PM
Nope. Hearts are gash. We should be humping them every week. :hibees

Stringer
12-05-2013, 07:27 PM
It was the worst team we have faced by a long shot.

matty_f
12-05-2013, 07:35 PM
Attitude was bang on today, and we got the ball down and played football. Not a classic performance but a big step in the right direction.

We looked like a good side today.

Hiber-nation
12-05-2013, 07:41 PM
Who gives a monkey's how bad they were. We beat them at their bit, and it doesn't get much better :thumbsup:

Viva_Palmeiras
12-05-2013, 09:34 PM
Who gives a monkey's how bad they were. We beat them at their bit, and it doesn't get much better :thumbsup:
Exactly I bet they never once debated they really got outta jail within Berry nobbling Paul Wright. Wins a win.

PJ IronHIbee
12-05-2013, 09:38 PM
Fabulous display - I'm mortal now but felt we were in control from 1st - Caldwell minute. Giruy yam **** - GGTTH
P.s sore head tomorrow and still no ticket for the day!!!gGGTTH

Pete
12-05-2013, 09:57 PM

I thought that Deegan was excellent before his injury. It appears to be a mental thing as I don't think he's been the same player since.

The easy option would be to concentrate on the form players and let Spoony, Deegan and Cairney leave as they have tailed off significantly. However, there are players in there and maybe the time for the arm round the shoulder is now. By that I mean start them in the next two fixtures, emphasise that there is no pressure and let them relax. Maybe they will begin to show signs of form again.

I don't see what we would have to lose...and we might discover some assets that we thought we had lost.

SMAXXA
12-05-2013, 10:21 PM
I thought that Deegan was excellent before his injury. It appears to be a mental thing as I don't think he's been the same player since.

The easy option would be to concentrate on the form players and let Spoony, Deegan and Cairney leave as they have tailed off significantly. However, there are players in there and maybe the time for the arm round the shoulder is now. By that I mean start them in the next two fixtures, emphasise that there is no pressure and let them relax. Maybe they will begin to show signs of form again.

I don't see what we would have to lose...and we might discover some assets that we thought we had lost.

What happens when there is pressure though?