PDA

View Full Version : Police Before the Game

JIm
12-05-2013, 03:13 PM
What was that all about?

Searched twice before the game, details taken, treated like a criminal, all because I went to support my team.

Muppets.

:cb

Baldy Foghorn
12-05-2013, 03:19 PM
G4 turned away two young boys at half-time, saying the turnstyles were closed, poor IMO, could have let them in, both had tickets, but G4 said it was out with their remit to let them in. Two very disappointed kids.....No common sense used at all

LioNeilMessi
12-05-2013, 03:24 PM
Same happened to me, searched by Police then by G4S in the ground. The policeman searched me and asked for my details, I asked why, and he said "standard procedure". I would of refused or kicked up more fuss about needlessly having my details taken but I didn't want to miss my first Tynecastle win :cb

Absolutely no sense of humour or friendliness about them either, which makes me even more reluctant to help them out :fenlon

SteveHFC
12-05-2013, 03:25 PM
Same happened to me, searched by Police then by G4S in the ground. The policeman searched me and asked for my details, I asked why, and he said "standard procedure". I would of refused or kicked up more fuss about needlessly having my details taken but I didn't want to miss my first Tynecastle win :cb

Absolutely no sense of humour or friendliness about them either, which makes me even more reluctant to help them out :fenlon

Never seen you lads with your banners. Disgrace :greengrin

Makaveli
12-05-2013, 03:28 PM
I got searched, too - pockets emptied, patted down etc.

Total f***ing nonsense.

SteveHFC
12-05-2013, 03:29 PM
I got searched, too - pockets emptied, patted down etc.

Total f***ing nonsense.

:aok: This.

Boyle89
12-05-2013, 03:31 PM
and despite seemingly everyone being searched twice there was still smoke bombs. Think some of the police will be gettin a telling off tomorrow.

JIm
12-05-2013, 03:33 PM
and despite seemingly everyone being searched twice there was still smoke bombs. Think some of the police will be gettin a telling off tomorrow.

No Pyro No Party. :greengrin:flag:

Fans Not Criminals.

JohnStephens91
12-05-2013, 03:35 PM
I went on my own, had nothing but my glasses case, wallet and phone on me. Even though my pockets were emptied I was asked to turn them inside out and then I was patted down. He even checked inside my glasses case in case I was smuggling stuff in. Didn't bother me much, just felt a bit violated that a young guy going to a football match on his own was treated like a potential criminal.

dp00
12-05-2013, 03:42 PM
I thought they had to have a reason to search you ?

WestEndHibee
12-05-2013, 03:43 PM
What was that all about?

Searched twice before the game, details taken, treated like a criminal, all because I went to support my team.

Muppets.

:cb

They heard the MYB were coming.

Baldy Foghorn
12-05-2013, 03:44 PM
Treat you like criminals, but miss two smoke bombs, Police are just muppets....

Pretty Boy
12-05-2013, 03:45 PM
I thought they had to have a reason to search you ?

Being football fans is reason enough apparently.

Total nonsense.

the stig
12-05-2013, 03:45 PM
Also got searched. Twice.
Also, My dad pointed this out but when hearts scored, they just removed the smoke bomb and that was that. When hibs scored and the bombs went on they had police and g4s all along the front and all around the stand( well where I was anyway). Just me paranoid or anyone see it this way?

NOLA
12-05-2013, 03:47 PM
Stop search and hope to get lucky, prick s

G-Reg
12-05-2013, 03:48 PM
I genuinely got asked by the police if I had any balloons on me

wearethehibs
12-05-2013, 03:48 PM
After being searched like 4 times the Sect banner was refused entry because it didnt have a fire certificate even though its been allowed in before. The Police guy said he had no problem with it but its up to the stewards.

Hearts fans had their homemade banners in though. The place is a joke

Bristolhibby
12-05-2013, 04:40 PM
If its outside just start filming them. Really pisses them off, question everything and keep filming.

If its a public place then crack on. If possible get a couple of mates to film also.

http://youtu.be/fVdprVRHrJ4

col02
12-05-2013, 04:49 PM
Is this down to the single Scottish police force now rather than previously being Lothian and Borders? That felt like your typical visit to any of the main football stadiums in Glasgow today.

Hibee Ryan
12-05-2013, 04:51 PM
I genuinely got asked by the police if I had any balloons on me

I got asked this as well....

Purehibee_MYB
12-05-2013, 04:52 PM
Never seen you lads with your banners. Disgrace :greengrin

Honduras flag flying high at the start and at full time! :aok:

Biggie
12-05-2013, 05:03 PM
Oh **** we won....what can I greet about now ?....I know, let's rip into the police for trying to prevent crime....so we got patted down ?!!....are you serious ?....is that it ?...nah, they asked me questions an awe?!?....wtf, bloody police.......get over yourselves guys....they're only doing their job ffs

Hibee Ryan
12-05-2013, 05:08 PM
Honduras flag flying high at the start and at full time! :aok:

You's were one row in front of me then

The Tubs
12-05-2013, 05:09 PM
Oh **** we won....what can I greet about now ?....I know, let's rip into the police for trying to prevent crime....so we got patted down ?!!....are you serious ?....is that it ?...nah, they asked me questions an awe?!?....wtf, bloody police.......get over yourselves guys....they're only doing their job ffs

And lovely folk they are too, only interested in the common good and not concerned for a moment their pensions. I'm looking forward to Bruce Robertson hitting the silver screen.

Carheenlea
12-05-2013, 05:10 PM

Purehibee_MYB
12-05-2013, 05:12 PM
You's were one row in front of me then

Glad to see the work of the MYB not going unnoticed! :aok:

Wembley67
12-05-2013, 05:14 PM

Totally agree.

Do other fans moan as much as us or are the majority (as it seems) of us just super ********s??

In fact, I'm in the ahole crew now by the looks of it.

Biggie
12-05-2013, 05:15 PM

V good....and your point ?

Wembley67
12-05-2013, 05:15 PM

Shocking police harassment, inform Scotland Yard :greengrin

HFC 0-7
12-05-2013, 05:18 PM
They had maybe been tipped off about the smoke bombs or something else and were trying to stop it. Just doing their job in my opinion and considering we won against them today if it had happened to me it would now be the last thing on my mind to moan about the police. Why dont you join in with the fun of winding up any jambos you know on facebook, text messages, phone etc etc. They are biting good this evening!

jonny
12-05-2013, 05:20 PM
For a game like Hibs and Hearts, use of Section 60 of the Criminal Justice Act will be authorised by a superintendant - basically gives police the power to stop and search anyone within the confine's of the designated sporting event or other potential public order event i.e demonstration, march etc. The powers are authorised if there is an event that gives potential for serious violence. If you refuse the search, you are committing an offence.
This has always been in place before derbies but the old Lothian and Borders methods were generally to mix in with the crowd, assist the security with any issues or problem supporters and only effectively use their Sct 60 powers if they felt someone was concealing something or they recognised a group of "risk" supporters.
Now that the forces have merged it is the pro-active Strathclyde approach that is being adopted in that police officers will be told to actively search all the people that are going to the game. If the cop is a reasonable human being then they should still be able to do this without annoying anyone too much - a simple friendly explanation of what your doing and why generally suffices. No excuse for any police officer being rude or disrespectful to any football fan. If I felt that way then I'd be making a complaint (it's simple to do through the police scotland website)
BristolHibby - I don't understand why you would want do something solely to "really piss them off", do you honestly think doing that will help any situation? You do have the right to use your mobile phone in a public place but if you keep a reasonable distance from the cops that are going about their work then most won't bat an eyelid at you, if you get in their faces then you run the risk being charged with obstructing a police officer in their public duties or a breach of the peace.

Dashing Bob S
12-05-2013, 05:24 PM
They are utter muppets. I regard myself as a semi-responsible citizen, who in normal circumstances would be more than happy to do his duty as a member of the public and assist them in fighting crime.

However, I've had it with being treated like a common criminal by some gruff, fascist, needle dicked inadequate, doing a bad John Wayne impression, just because he was overweight and poor at school sports - and the only reason being that I choose to attend a football game.

They can now GTF as far I'm concerned.

Scottiedog007
12-05-2013, 05:39 PM
I love all the negativity towards the police because you got asked a couple of questions and patted down I bet most of you would be straight on to the phone to them if you suffered some sort of offence against you !!!

Hibby70
12-05-2013, 05:50 PM
. I regard myself as a semi-responsible citizen,
It's what they regard you as that matters though. :)

Bristolhibby
12-05-2013, 05:52 PM
For a game like Hibs and Hearts, use of Section 60 of the Criminal Justice Act will be authorised by a superintendant - basically gives police the power to stop and search anyone within the confine's of the designated sporting event or other potential public order event i.e demonstration, march etc. The powers are authorised if there is an event that gives potential for serious violence. If you refuse the search, you are committing an offence.
This has always been in place before derbies but the old Lothian and Borders methods were generally to mix in with the crowd, assist the security with any issues or problem supporters and only effectively use their Sct 60 powers if they felt someone was concealing something or they recognised a group of "risk" supporters.
Now that the forces have merged it is the pro-active Strathclyde approach that is being adopted in that police officers will be told to actively search all the people that are going to the game. If the cop is a reasonable human being then they should still be able to do this without annoying anyone too much - a simple friendly explanation of what your doing and why generally suffices. No excuse for any police officer being rude or disrespectful to any football fan. If I felt that way then I'd be making a complaint (it's simple to do through the police scotland website)
BristolHibby - I don't understand why you would want do something solely to "really piss them off", do you honestly think doing that will help any situation? You do have the right to use your mobile phone in a public place but if you keep a reasonable distance from the cops that are going about their work then most won't bat an eyelid at you, if you get in their faces then you run the risk being charged with obstructing a police officer in their public duties or a breach of the peace.

Was only explaining to people their rights. If you are getting annoyed with the overt search tactics. Give them some filming tactics.

Can't see how you or any of your group could be obstructing Police or breach of the peace by filming and asking questions.

If you asked them why you were being searched an they told you Sec 60, then they will search you. If not then ask the question.

I respect the Police, but there's no excuse being heavy handed or OTT with members of the public just because they are going to a watch a game of football.

J

degenerated
12-05-2013, 05:53 PM
Greengrin:

http://youtu.be/qkfwgoQTyrA

Hibernia Na Eir
12-05-2013, 06:02 PM
pigs.

marinello59
12-05-2013, 06:03 PM
Anybody get told to sit down by Police or Stewards todày? Nobody near us did and we were right at the front?
The stewards behind the goal were subjected to some pretty vile abuse during the game for no good reason yet the only reaction they gave was a small smile. All for minimum wage.
It wasn't all bad. I can only assume the police searches were stepped up due to the fact that smoke bombs and flares are becoming more common at games. It may not be fair but that's their job.
We beat them at Tynecastle.... The rest was a mere inconvenience.

WestEndHibee
12-05-2013, 06:05 PM
I understand the searching of everyone and agree with the purpose that it serves and all in all if you let them do their job then it's no hassle at all but I'm a bit confused at why the details were taken as routine from some fans, does an incident not have to occur before they can take names?

wearethehibs
12-05-2013, 06:06 PM
Ha people actually sticking up for police. They're all just power hungry wee neds. **** the lot of them today. Except 1 haha

hibeedonald
12-05-2013, 06:10 PM
Ha people actually sticking up for police. They're all just power hungry wee neds. **** the lot of them today. Except 1 haha

Just no.

HibeeSince85
12-05-2013, 06:19 PM
Got searched before the game myself. Irrelevant now though. We won, all that matters guys, GGTTH.