Harris 9

KT 7

Claros 6

Caldwell 8

Griffiths 9

Taiwo 8

Up The Bracket
12-05-2013, 02:09 PM
That's the best we've played in a derby in the long time. What a result and now we're surely going to finish above them, Keep The Faith!

Williams 5 - Suspect at the corner, but solid otherwise had nothing to do really, Hearts were very poor.

Maybury 7 - Very solid again, gets so much stick, most of it undeserving, a good solid pro.

Hanlon 9 - Fantastic again today, IMO he's been consistently our best defender this season and similar to Maybury, gets so much unwarranted flack. Well played Paul! He's as big a Hibee as all of us and he'll be certainly enjoying this one.

Forster 8 - Looked like he'd been playing CH for us for years, extremely solid. One for the future!

Stevenson 9.5 - MoTM for me, worked extremely hard and he was our main driving force going forward in the second half I think, every bit as good as McGivern, if not better, he'd be one of my first names on the teamsheet for the final.

Harris 7 - Caused lots of problems for Hearts in the first half, has more talent in his little toe than any of their young players although he faded in the 2nd half

Thomson 6 - Wasn't as good as he can be

Claros 8 - Great passing, composed, good tackling, please keep him Paddy!

Taiwo 8 - Worked hard again, he's improved so much over the last few months and has probably been our best player since the split, all in all. Definitely forced his way into contention for the final.

Griffiths 8 - I love you Leigh

Caldwell 8 - Was quite until he scored, he took his goal so well then turned away as if he'd been scoring against Hearts for years. Hopefully the first of many goals against them.

Robertson 7 - Set up the goal but didn't do anything else of note. 7 marks for the set up, will come good next season :agree:

:pfgwa:pfgwa

Postiga
12-05-2013, 02:10 PM
I think your being harsh on claros and forster. Thought the young centre half was excellent keeping sutton and ngoo quiet, distribution from the back was a bit off but alround a 7 or 8 out of 10. Claros was my man of the match, breaking up the play, worked his socks off and played some decent passes!

Taz_hibee
12-05-2013, 02:12 PM
Agreed, thought Claros in the 2nd half was immense

easty
12-05-2013, 02:13 PM
Claros was excellent.

Latapy1911
12-05-2013, 02:15 PM
Player Ratings
Williams 6

Maybury 7

Forster 8 (dunno what game op was watching)

Hanlon 7

Steveson 7

Harris 8

KT 6

Claros 9 (again dunno what game op was watching..)

Caldwell 7

Griffiths 9

Taiwo 7

Franck Stanton
12-05-2013, 02:16 PM
Wasn't at the game/or even seen it yet but when you read the threads on here most if not all say that Claros was outstanding and was MoM, strange how he only rates a 6 in your opinion. [ obviously referring to op's scoring and not that of above post]

spike220
12-05-2013, 02:21 PM
They can all have 10's today, I am in a good mood!

Brightside
12-05-2013, 02:23 PM
haha 6 for forster?? i give up!

Pretty Boy
12-05-2013, 02:23 PM
Williams 6

Maybury 7

Hanlon 8

Forster 8

Stevenson 7

Thomson 7

Taiwo 8

Claros 9

Harris 7

Caldwell 8

Griffiths 8

nonshinyfinish
12-05-2013, 02:24 PM
6 for Claros? Shirley not, he was fantastic today.

Wotherspiniesta
12-05-2013, 02:24 PM
Williams 6 Little suspect from him today in all honesty. Came into no mans land for a couple of crosses first half.

Maybury- 8 Terrific game. Based on todays performance, I'd start him ahead of Clancy for the final.
Forster- 7 Big occasion to make your debut. Handled Ngoo easily and was talking to the defence throughout. Mature performance from such a young lad.
Hanlon- 7 Good game from him. Great goal saving challenge second half.
Stevenson- 6 Distrubution was woeful first half. Coped a little better 2nd half. Would have McGivern over him though, TBH.

Harris- 7 Had McHattie on toast. Wish we'd have got the ball to him more, but this lad is a player.
Claros- 6 Little subdued from him. Grew into the game.
Taiwo -8 My MOTM. Terrier like. Hounded the Hearts midfield and was a bundle of energy. Impressive.
Thomson - 7 Oozes class. Unlucky not to be given foul for their goal. Would love to see him sign.

Griffiths- 7 Not at his sharpest in honesty. Probably trying a little too hard, but what a strike son! If it is his last derby, I'm glad we got the win for oor Sparky.
Caldwell- 7 Ball bounced off him a couple of times, but he never hid. Tracked back when needed and his finish was coolness personified. Can't ask for much more from the young guy.

Robertson- 5 Played part in our winner

Fenlon and fans- :top marks

The hibs are having a party!

lucky
12-05-2013, 02:25 PM
FFS we win at the PBS so everyone gets a 10

HibsNutter
12-05-2013, 02:26 PM
Williams - 6. The superman dive from corners could have cost us two goals but he claimed a few as well. Didn't have too many saves to make.
Maybury - 7. The best I've seen him play, well done.:agree:
Forster - 7. Very good debut. Would seriously consider him over Mcpake for the final, going on our captain's current form.
Hanlon's - 8. solid, a couple of very good clearances.
Stevenson - 7. Reliable as always. The whole defence done well to limit the number of chances they had.
Harris - 8. Our brightest spark in the first half, faded a bit in the second but still impressive.
Thomson - 6. Wasn't great, mistake led to the corner for their goal, too. Passing was good in spells though.
Claros - 7. So composed, keeps the play ticking over in the middle of the park.
Taiwo - 7. Got stuck in, does most of the dirty work in the midfield well.
Griffiths - 9. He's just Griffiths, that free kick was just typical of him, we need him to stay.
Caldwell - 8. What a way to mark his first derby, held the ball up well at times and that finish was sublime.

Fenlon - 9. Fair play, he went for it today, played with two up top and had more of a go at them than we have previously. He also showed a lot of faith in the young lads who didn't disappoint.

500miles
12-05-2013, 02:26 PM
I think your being harsh on claros and forster. Thought the young centre half was excellent keeping sutton and ngoo quiet, distribution from the back was a bit off but alround a 7 or 8 out of 10. Claros was my man of the match, breaking up the play, worked his socks off and played some decent passes!

Claros was excellent. I thought Forster was composed in what he done, but I don't think Hearts gave him much to do.

inglisavhibs
12-05-2013, 02:27 PM
haha 6 for forster?? i give up!

Forster and Hanlon were the rock that you need against hoof ball Hearts at Tincastle.

Stringer
12-05-2013, 02:27 PM

Maybury surely man of the match, maybe Harris.

blackpoolhibs
12-05-2013, 02:30 PM
Anyone who gives Claros a 6 knows sod all about football. He was immense and does so much for the team all over the park. If he could score goals he'd be a multi million pound player, playing for a top top team.

Stringer
12-05-2013, 02:33 PM
Forster: 6 isn't that bad a rating. He did okay, Ngoo and Sutton were hiding in that game. He needs to play against killie to really prove himself. Hearts are ******* woeful

Calm down with the claros chat. I have always rated him but today thompson was better

hibee_girl
12-05-2013, 02:34 PM
Williams 6 - he didn't have a lot to do, he messed up once but we can forgive him now :greengrin

Maybury 8 - solid as always
Forster 8 - a great debut, you wouldn't have thought it was his first senior game
Hanlon 8 - helped Forster throughout the game, solid game from him too
Stevenson 8 - clearance off the line in first half, great defensive work, his passing lets him down at times but he still had a great game

Harris 9 - outstanding
Taiwo 8 - another great game from him
Claros 10 - I love him, he's just amazing!
Thomson 7 - he got stuck in when required but still not as impressive as Taiwo or Claros

Caldwell 7 - quiet game from him but what a goal at the end!
Griffiths 9 - for the free kick alone.

Wotherspiniesta
12-05-2013, 02:39 PM
Anyone who gives Claros a 6 knows sod all about football. He was immense and does so much for the team all over the park. If he could score goals he'd be a multi million pound player, playing for a top top team.

Aye, orite Fergie :rolleyes:

I'm a huge fan of Claros. Been a big admirer of his work this season. Its probably because of the high standards he's set this season that I gave him a 6. As I said, I thought he grew into the match as it went on, but it wasn't his best performance this season.

blackpoolhibs
12-05-2013, 02:47 PM
Aye, orite Fergie :rolleyes:

I'm a huge fan of Claros. Been a big admirer of his work this season. Its probably because of the high standards he's set this season that I gave him a 6. As I said, I thought he grew into the match as it went on, but it wasn't his best performance this season.

I said to myself 2 maybe 3 minutes, it was 9. :fishin: :tee hee:

LioNeilMessi
12-05-2013, 02:48 PM
Claros was outstanding today. The way he tracks back and gets a tackle in makes it so much easier for the defence. He was even playing some lovely through balls and cross balls :top marks

blackpoolhibs
12-05-2013, 02:49 PM
Claros was outstanding today. The way he tracks back and gets a tackle in makes it so much easier for the defence. He was even playing some lovely through balls and cross balls :top marks

:agree: An 8 out of 10 every day of the week and twice on a Sunday. :flag:

Andy74
12-05-2013, 02:49 PM

Yep.

dp00
12-05-2013, 02:51 PM
When it comes to Stevenson I reckon folk just see what they want

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Baldy Foghorn
12-05-2013, 02:53 PM

Everyone played their part......

markom127
12-05-2013, 02:54 PM
Starting 11:

Subs:

Wotherspiniesta
12-05-2013, 02:56 PM
I said to myself 2 maybe 3 minutes, it was 9. :fishin: :tee hee:

Its not really decent trolling, as I agree with most of what you said :agree:

Must try harder :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
12-05-2013, 02:58 PM
Its not really decent trolling, as I agree with most of what you said :agree:

Must try harder :greengrin

:greengrin

rcarter1
12-05-2013, 03:14 PM
Williams 4

Maybury 8

Forster 6

Hanlon 7

Steveson 7

Harris 9

KT 7

Claros 6

Caldwell 8

Griffiths 9

Taiwo 8

Outrage. Claros was my man of the match - absolutley all over the park, committed, and touches of class. Really was a derby performance that weve been lacking for ages.

seven nowt
12-05-2013, 03:21 PM
That's the best we've played in a derby in the long time. What a result and now we're surely going to finish above them, Keep The Faith!

Williams 5 - Suspect at the corner, but solid otherwise had nothing to do really, Hearts were very poor.

Maybury 7 - Very solid again, gets so much stick, most of it undeserving, a good solid pro.

Hanlon 9 - Fantastic again today, IMO he's been consistently our best defender this season and similar to Maybury, gets so much unwarranted flack. Well played Paul! He's as big a Hibee as all of us and he'll be certainly enjoying this one.

Forster 8 - Looked like he'd been playing CH for us for years, extremely solid. One for the future!

Stevenson 9.5 - MoTM for me, worked extremely hard and he was our main driving force going forward in the second half I think, every bit as good as McGivern, if not better, he'd be one of my first names on the teamsheet for the final.

Harris 7 - Caused lots of problems for Hearts in the first half, has more talent in his little toe than any of their young players although he faded in the 2nd half

Thomson 6 - Wasn't as good as he can be

Claros 8 - Great passing, composed, good tackling, please keep him Paddy!

Taiwo 8 - Worked hard again, he's improved so much over the last few months and has probably been our best player since the split, all in all. Definitely forced his way into contention for the final.

Griffiths 8 - I love you Leigh

Caldwell 8 - Was quite until he scored, he took his goal so well then turned away as if he'd been scoring against Hearts for years. Hopefully the first of many goals against them.

Robertson 7 - Set up the goal but didn't do anything else of note. 7 marks for the set up, will come good next season :agree:

:pfgwa:pfgwa

Disagree with these. Losing out in aerial challenges can be costly and heaves pressure on the central defenders, and the right back who needs to track back.. Ryan McGivern has arguably been our best player this season and Stevenson has been in-and-out the squad and in terms of reliability, McGivern deserves the left-back berth. Only seen the last 30 mins of todays match, and I saw one forray into the opposition half, and other than that Stevenson played fairly predictable long balls, and was undermined by Maybury. McGivern is a much more intimidating prospect and has been solid all season.

As for Robertson, the ball was accurate, albeit not difficult, but it wasn't really a defence splitter! I think Robertson is De Graaf quality. Could have cost the game against Falkirk, his touch is poor, and he doesn't have the necessary work ethic to compensate for it. Thomson makes him look like a headless chicken to be honest!

Although, I'm delighted with the performance today - been the first time we've controlled a derby for a long time and a deserved victory, along with a good performance as a team.

If I were the manager, my team for the final would be

Williams
Maybury-McPake-Hanlon-McGivern
Wotherspoon-Thomson-Claros-Harris
Griffiths-Doyle

Right midfield is a position we need to improve. I'm not particularly a fan of Wotherspoon, I'd like to stick Paul Cairney in there but not sure if his disease will prevent him from playing.. Handling's a wee bit gangly but he's young and can maybe come on as a player.. Maybury or Clancy are both solid, experienced players so either or! Forster is a prospective player, but to start him in a SC final in his 2nd full start for first team is a bit risky, Doyle/Boozy were key in the semi final, and I believe it's still too soon for Caldwell to get a start. Doyle will work hard and won't feel the pressure as much. Thomson and Claros are classy, composed midfielders who aren't scared of a tackle. Definitely our best option and obviously Griffiths, Hanlon and Williams go without saying!

clerriehibs
12-05-2013, 04:18 PM

Williams
Griffiths-Doyle

We looked better balanced today than we have in a long time ... I'd be considering starting the same 11 in the final.

hibsbollah
12-05-2013, 06:09 PM
Williams 4

Maybury 8

Forster 6

Hanlon 7

Steveson 7

Harris 9

KT 7

Claros 6

Caldwell 8

Griffiths 9

Taiwo 8

I believe you may have been mixing your medication with the Forster and Claros scores :hilarious

Brightside
12-05-2013, 06:19 PM

Williams
Griffiths-Doyle

!

REALLY? McPake and McGivern have both been dreadful for weeks. The replacements did a fine job. Wotherspoon should only ever be on the bench. Same for Doyle. Caldwell must start. Basically same team as today - i see no reason to change. Just cos someone is older doesnt make him better or even more composed. McPake and shown zero composure for a long time. Also Taiwo has been fantastic recently... Really odd to want to drop the players on form and put in those that are way off the pace.

Fergus52
12-05-2013, 06:21 PM
Disagree with these. Losing out in aerial challenges can be costly and heaves pressure on the central defenders, and the right back who needs to track back.. Ryan McGivern has arguably been our best player this season and Stevenson has been in-and-out the squad and in terms of reliability, McGivern deserves the left-back berth. Only seen the last 30 mins of todays match, and I saw one forray into the opposition half, and other than that Stevenson played fairly predictable long balls, and was undermined by Maybury. McGivern is a much more intimidating prospect and has been solid all season.

As for Robertson, the ball was accurate, albeit not difficult, but it wasn't really a defence splitter! I think Robertson is De Graaf quality. Could have cost the game against Falkirk, his touch is poor, and he doesn't have the necessary work ethic to compensate for it. Thomson makes him look like a headless chicken to be honest!

Although, I'm delighted with the performance today - been the first time we've controlled a derby for a long time and a deserved victory, along with a good performance as a team.

Williams
Griffiths-Doyle

Right midfield is a position we need to improve. I'm not particularly a fan of Wotherspoon, I'd like to stick Paul Cairney in there but not sure if his disease will prevent him from playing.. Handling's a wee bit gangly but he's young and can maybe come on as a player.. Maybury or Clancy are both solid, experienced players so either or! Forster is a prospective player, but to start him in a SC final in his 2nd full start for first team is a bit risky, Doyle/Boozy were key in the semi final, and I believe it's still too soon for Caldwell to get a start. Doyle will work hard and won't feel the pressure as much. Thomson and Claros are classy, composed midfielders who aren't scared of a tackle. Definitely our best option and obviously Griffiths, Hanlon and Williams go without saying!

Mcgivern has been solid defensively and effective going forward for most of the season, but in quite a few games a decent winger with a bit of pace has ripped him apart. I don't see at all how he has "arguably been our best player this season"

Also you honestly wouldn't have Taiwo in the team for the final? Has been our best cm in recent weeks and his work rate and constant pressuring is vital to our play. If he doesn't start we will get beat

Aldo
12-05-2013, 06:23 PM
How I saw it

Williams- 5 - 2 things to do and made a hash

Maybury - 8

Forster - 8

Hanlon - 9

Lewis - 8

Harris - 8.5

Taiwo - 9

Claros - 9.5. Standout MOTM

KT - 7

Caldwell - 8

Leigh - 9

Over all the TEAM (and a good balanced one at that) attacked as a team and defended as a team.

For the winner.... Leigh ran the ball down, Robertson picked up loose ball and played it to Caldwell.

As said Claros was immense and both he and Taiwo must be defo starters in cup final.

A special word bout the Ref McLean thought he handled the game very very well... Let it flow and for me got just about all the big decisions right

IFONLY
12-05-2013, 06:25 PM
Williams 4

Maybury 8

Forster 6

Hanlon 7

Steveson 7

Harris 9

KT 7

Claros 6

Caldwell 8

Griffiths 9

Taiwo 8

How do you give Caldwell 8 then give Forster and Claros 6 is your name Stevie Wonder or Ray Charles. Yeah Caldwell scored the winner but the rest of his game was ordinary, IMO To give Claros 6 is an insult to a player who in many peoples opinions was man of the match. As for Forster , he commanded his area and rarely put a foot wrong. So in a word your ratings are nonsensical

RoxburghHibs
12-05-2013, 06:27 PM
Williams 6
Maybury 7
Forster 7
Hanlon 7
Stevenson 7
Harris 8
KT 7
Claros 8 - my MOM
Caldwell 7
Griffiths 7
Taiwo 7

NorthNorfolkHFC
12-05-2013, 06:32 PM
I think this is the kind of kick up the a**e McPake needed.

He has been making a number of silly errors and he no doubt would have watched young Forster stroll through 90 mins against Lt Hightower and Chris Sitdown.

Fingers crossed he comes back with the bit between his teeth, Christ knows who he picks on Wednesday.

Sammy7nil
12-05-2013, 06:47 PM
Williams 6

Maybury 7

Forster 7 (told to clear his lines did great for debut)

Hanlon 8

Stevenson 9

Harris 7

KT 6

Claros 9

Caldwell 6 great goal but otherwise anon

Griffiths 7 great goal he will play much better

Taiwo 8

Thought the midfield was outstanding and Stevenson an example to the whole team

Stringer
12-05-2013, 06:54 PM
How do you give Caldwell 8 then give Forster and Claros 6 is your name Stevie Wonder or Ray Charles. Yeah Caldwell scored the winner but the rest of his game was ordinary, IMO To give Claros 6 is an insult to a player who in many peoples opinions was man of the match. As for Forster , he commanded his area and rarely put a foot wrong. So in a word your ratings are nonsensical

Hearts are a ******* embarrassment. Their midfielders and strikers are awful. Caldwell was bullied by thuggish defenders who were told to bully him, I think he did really well considering. I rate Claros and think he should start the final but never MOTM (IMO)

jane_says
12-05-2013, 07:01 PM

Williams
Griffiths-Doyle

Jeezo, you won't give Robertson a chance but would have Wotherspoon STARTING the final ahead of Taiwo!!?? Do you not remember Claros last year and the difference after the summer? Also McGivern has been nowhere near our POTY, I actually think Stevenson may start as he makes very few mistakes and will always put a shift in, Taiwo has been our best midfielder in recent weeks and was excellent today.

seven nowt
12-05-2013, 07:51 PM
Jeezo, you won't give Robertson a chance but would have Wotherspoon STARTING the final ahead of Taiwo!!?? Do you not remember Claros last year and the difference after the summer? Also McGivern has been nowhere near our POTY, I actually think Stevenson may start as he makes very few mistakes and will always put a shift in, Taiwo has been our best midfielder in recent weeks and was excellent today.

I don't think you've read my post thoroughly. Robertson, in my opinion, is the weakest player we have and would not make my bench (No idea what people see in him) I stated that right midfield was our weakest position, hence why Wotherspoon would be in the lineup. May I re-iterate, I am not particularly a fan of Wotherspoon, and I don't consider Tom Taiwo a right sided midfielder.. Taiwo is an average player, who will track back and work hard and would be on my bench (and in my lineup, depending what type of performance I was looking for) and is a useful player but I've not watched Taiwo on the right this season, and a SC final isn't the time to be putting players out of their comfort zones. What is your point about Claros?? He's been a breath of fresh air and I commend him for it and should be a guaranteed starter for the final, barring any catastrophes. We're all entitled to our opinion but I think McGivern has been great this season and would feel more assured if he started.

Top 5 players this season
Griffiths
Claros
Hanlon
McGivern
Williams

I agree it was a pleasing and dominant performance today but realistically, would that lineup cope in a Scottish cup final against a much less grubby side than the Yams.

:pfgwa

whiskyhibby
12-05-2013, 08:37 PM

Spot on, Claros was superb today,MOTM IMHO

Winston Ingram
12-05-2013, 08:40 PM

Yep. I love the guy. Excellent again:agree:

hibee_girl
12-05-2013, 08:42 PM
Yep. I love the guy. Excellent again:agree:

:agree:

Baldy Foghorn
12-05-2013, 08:51 PM
I don't think you've read my post thoroughly. Robertson, in my opinion, is the weakest player we have and would not make my bench (No idea what people see in him) I stated that right midfield was our weakest position, hence why Wotherspoon would be in the lineup. May I re-iterate, I am not particularly a fan of Wotherspoon, and I don't consider Tom Taiwo a right sided midfielder.. Taiwo is an average player, who will track back and work hard and would be on my bench (and in my lineup, depending what type of performance I was looking for) and is a useful player but I've not watched Taiwo on the right this season, and a SC final isn't the time to be putting players out of their comfort zones. What is your point about Claros?? He's been a breath of fresh air and I commend him for it and should be a guaranteed starter for the final, barring any catastrophes. We're all entitled to our opinion but I think McGivern has been great this season and would feel more assured if he started.

Top 5 players this season
Griffiths
Claros
Hanlon
McGivern
Williams

I agree it was a pleasing and dominant performance today but realistically, would that lineup cope in a Scottish cup final against a much less grubby side than the Yams.

:pfgwa

Spoony would be nowhere near my starting 11 in Final, bench at best. I would go with the 4 who played in midfield Today, Taiwo and Claros put in great shifts, Claros really is superb IMO. Thomson is a leader, and Harris loves to run at defenders.....Barring injuries, it should be an easy decision for PF on his midfield....

Jonnyboy
12-05-2013, 08:59 PM

Wise words via Tapatalk mate :thumbsup:

Booked4Being-Ugly
12-05-2013, 09:04 PM
Wise words via Tapatalk mate :thumbsup:
Agree as well, I thought Stevenson and Claros were immense. I think that's wee Lewis played in 4 victories at the PBS now!

brianmc
12-05-2013, 09:24 PM
It's been a good day to be a hibee and I'm not looking to spoil it now by getting involved in a petty argument...BUT-how Lewis Stevenson can merit 8's and 9's out of ten for that performance absolutely boils ma pish. His passing today was the worst I've ever seen from a Hibs player in the 25 years I've been a regular. The five yard pass he put out for a throw in(under no pressure) summed up his basic lack of ability to a tee.
He tries hard, but he's just not good enough-never mind these wallopers giving him 9/10.

*I agree with most of the other player ratings: Claros,Taiwo and Forster were all excellent. I even thought maybury had a very solid game-but Lewis, naw.

Jonnyboy
12-05-2013, 09:28 PM
It's been a good day to be a hibee and I'm not looking to spoil it now by getting involved in a petty argument...BUT-how Lewis Stevenson can merit 8's and 9's out of ten for that performance absolutely boils ma pish. His passing today was the worst I've ever seen from a Hibs player in the 25 years I've been a regular. The five yard pass he put out for a throw in(under no pressure) summed up his basic lack of ability to a tee.
He tries hard, but he's just not good enough-never mind these wallopers giving him 9/10.

*I agree with most of the other player ratings: Claros,Taiwo and Forster were all excellent. I even thought maybury had a very solid game-but Lewis, naw.

In your opinion

signed "a walloper"

Shrekko
12-05-2013, 09:39 PM
In your opinion

signed "a walloper"

I think Lewis did a good job today but I can see Brian's point to an extent. A lot of his passing was (unusually for him) slack, so can you seriously rate him 9/10?

Jonnyboy
12-05-2013, 09:42 PM
I think Lewis did a good job today but I can see Brian's point to an extent. A lot of his passing was (unusually for him) slack, so can you seriously rate him 9/10?

Probably not no but why pick on Lewis when the whole defence played well enough to restrict Hearts to a few scraps? Just seems he's always the easy target.

Sammy7nil
12-05-2013, 09:54 PM

Forster did really well great debut but to be fair he kicked the ball as hard as he could whatever way he was facing. Lewis was far better than him in an excellent defensive display addmitedly against a poor jambo attack.

wookie70
12-05-2013, 10:13 PM
Williams 4 - Has not been as secure as usual of late. Hope the mistakes are all ironed out by the final.

Maybury 8 - Solid throughout and nice to see someone take a quick throw. Header saved Williams blushes for their first corner

Forster 7 - Excellent debut. Looked up to the very physical challenge from the two lumps they had up front and should get another two games to see if he could replace McPake for the final.

Hanlon 8 - He is growing in stature every game. Really mixed it up on the high ball and won every battle. Extra mark for talking Jordan through the game

Stevenson 6 - Solid enough in defence but some poor distribution and also inexplicably ran the ball out for a Hearts throw.

Harris 8 - Fell away a bit later in the game but was superb in the first half. I thought he tried to do too much when it looked like knocking the ball outside the full back and beating him for pace was working well for him.

KT 6 - Showed some nice touches and good vision but gave the corner away for the goal softly. Should have got a pen in first half when tatoo man hauled him down in the box.

Claros 9 - My MOTM. I sometimes think he must have a twin because he surely can't cover so much ground. He was magnificent today not only for closing down and snapping at the Hearts Midfielders but also some good passes and looked to get forward too. Excellent

Caldwell 8 - One mark for the goal which was so cool and composed. Really like his celebration too. Ball bounced off him a wee bit too much but excellent display for one so inexperienced

Griffiths 8 - Stunning free kick and hard working assist for second goal. I don't think it was one of his best games in overall performance and he looks a bit jaded to me at times. He does have the very valuable knack of scoring when not playing well and to be fair he usually ends up with two defenders round him.

Taiwo 8.5 - Jorge just pipped him for MOTM for me but another hardworking performance. Never knows when to quit and boundless energy. Tried his best to stay on the post for their goal before being taken out my Ngoo

Robertson 6 - Not too much time but good pass for the winner. Surely would have won us a penalty for Webster's assault if Caldwell hadn't scored

Shrekko
12-05-2013, 11:08 PM
Probably not no but why pick on Lewis when the whole defence played well enough to restrict Hearts to a few scraps? Just seems he's always the easy target.

Don't think most folk giving him 8 or 9 out of 10 is really being picked on but I know how sensitive you are :greengrin

I think only Claros would rate a really high score in terms of an overall football perspective but in a derby all that matters is did a player stand up to be counted? For the first time in a long time I reckon they all did and Lewis was lionhearted- whether he rates a particular point out of 10 is fairly irrelevant IMO. Scores out of 10 are always ridiculous after a good win!

SMAXXA
13-05-2013, 12:09 AM

Williams
Griffiths-Doyle

Thank **** your no the manager then

cam75
13-05-2013, 12:29 AM
Outrage. Claros was my man of the match - absolutley all over the park, committed, and touches of class. Really was a derby performance that weve been lacking for ages.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RVIXojhbbAE
4.50 mins says it all hibs class

Col_0762
13-05-2013, 08:18 AM
In your opinion

signed "a walloper"

If you think Stevenson was decent today then you're the walloper. If Hibs are to improve then the likes of him have to go. He is not good enough, simple as. This isn't picking on him (or you by the way) but untill folk stop accepting this level of player we will never improve. He should have been hooked at half time purely on distribution reasons. There was one time he even put the ball out for a goal kick when all he had to do was roll it to Griffiths feet. Just cause he's supposedly a nice guy and I don't doubt a great pro, doesn't mean he's good enough. Squad player maybe if toiling but if you want top 6, Europe etc then nope, he cant play. Honest question here, who do you think in the league would sign him? He's been kicking about for about 6 years now and never linked with anyone? I really don't mean to pick him out (I know folk will say I am) but we need better and need better if we're to compete for top 4 which should be a minimum for us.

PeeJay
13-05-2013, 09:00 AM
I really like Stevenson, and I would defintely keep him at ER, but I do feel that all the good work he does is often ruined by his inability at times to pass the ball to a teammate - on Sunday he was particularly woeful with his distribution. Hanlon too - I thought was awful - didn't seem to win a ball in the air either. I must admit the fact that some posters people are giving Hanlon a 9 or Lewis 8 I find sort of strange, but then again it is perfectly OK because - let's face it - we beat the Hearts, at Tynie - so in truth they all deserve a 9+ - particularly the "youngsters", to perform as they did in the derby was superb...if only it was like this every week :greengrin

hibee_girl
13-05-2013, 09:02 AM
If you think Stevenson was decent today then you're the walloper. If Hibs are to improve then the likes of him have to go. He is not good enough, simple as. This isn't picking on him (or you by the way) but untill folk stop accepting this level of player we will never improve. He should have been hooked at half time purely on distribution reasons. There was one time he even put the ball out for a goal kick when all he had to do was roll it to Griffiths feet. Just cause he's supposedly a nice guy and I don't doubt a great pro, doesn't mean he's good enough. Squad player maybe if toiling but if you want top 6, Europe etc then nope, he cant play. Honest question here, who do you think in the league would sign him? He's been kicking about for about 6 years now and never linked with anyone? I really don't mean to pick him out (I know folk will say I am) but we need better and need better if we're to compete for top 4 which should be a minimum for us.

I take it you missed his goal line clearance and numerous tackles then?

Yes his passing wasn't great yesterday but its hardly the end of the world!

Brightside
13-05-2013, 09:11 AM
I really like Stevenson, and I would defintely keep him at ER, but I do feel that all the good work he does is often ruined by his inability at times to pass the ball to a teammate - on Sunday he was particularly woeful with his distribution. Hanlon too - I thought was awful - didn't seem to win a ball in the air either. I must admit the fact that some posters people are giving Hanlon a 9 or Lewis 8 I find sort of strange, but then again it is perfectly OK because - let's face it - we beat the Hearts, at Tynie - so in truth they all deserve a 9+ - particularly the "youngsters", to perform as they did in the derby was superb...if only it was like this every week :greengrin

How we still have anti-Hanlon fans is beyond me. Cracking young defender, and getting better very year. Every defender will make a mistake - but he recovers very well. Distribution of long balls was poor from everyone yesterday, but that was due to poor pitch and wet conditions. I wouldnt replace Hanlon with any other CH in the league.

PeeJay
13-05-2013, 09:27 AM
How we still have anti-Hanlon fans is beyond me. Cracking young defender, and getting better very year. Every defender will make a mistake - but he recovers very well. Distribution of long balls was poor from everyone yesterday, but that was due to poor pitch and wet conditions. I wouldnt replace Hanlon with any other CH in the league.
I'm not actually "anti" any Hibs player - I just give my opinion on some performances as I see them - I think he can play better than he does, but I feel he doesn't deliver often enough. The team he played against yesterday was one of the poorest Hearts teams I've seen for a long time. I think Hibs have major defensive problems - it's been obvious all season - they (the defence) will all need to play a lot better than that against the champions - BTW not everyone had problems distributing the ball yesterday - Griffiths - Claros- Thompson - Taiwo - Harris - no probs...

Col_0762
13-05-2013, 09:43 AM
I take it you missed his goal line clearance and numerous tackles then?

Yes his passing wasn't great yesterday but its hardly the end of the world!

Come on the ball is straight at him, impossible not to block.
Numerous tackles, really?

And passing to teamates is one of the most important parts of the game, something he fails to do with any accuracy a lot of the time. He's no confidence on the ball, takes too long then gives it away. Once he went past Hammill yesterday and that was only because he dithered, turned back and got the break of the ball. His cross then travelled ten yards on to Websters head. Yoy'll be letting him away with that to though cos it was his right foot.

GavinHarris 10
13-05-2013, 09:44 AM
Williams 5 Wasn't good enough coming for cross balls. Although his shot stopping was good. Can't forget the job he's done for us this season.

Maybury 8 gets a lot of abuse from fans, including myself but classy performance today.

Forster 7 Kept the huddies in the back pocket for the whole 90 minutes.

Hanlon 8 Looks to be better after every game. Starting to get consistent.

Stevenson 7 Played well. Some nice passes and didn't seem to bothered all day

Harris 9 Cut open their defence and looked miles better than 'The greatest young team in scotland'. Looking good for next year.

KT 7 Played some nice passes. A little too lightweight for the goal.

Claros 9 Won tackles, played nice passes, hopefully we can get him for next season

Taiwo 9 Worked hard. Battled for every ball.

Caldwell 8 Tracked back and helped out. His finish was just perfect

Griffiths 10 His free kick. Giving the Smellies thumbs up. Winning the ball back from hammill for the winner.

Ngoo 10 Great performance. Held up every attack. Lovely flailing arms and legs. Wide open mouth. I'd love to see him next season.:not worth:top marks

JimBHibees
13-05-2013, 10:18 AM
Spoony would be nowhere near my starting 11 in Final, bench at best. I would go with the 4 who played in midfield Today, Taiwo and Claros put in great shifts, Claros really is superb IMO. Thomson is a leader, and Harris loves to run at defenders.....Barring injuries, it should be an easy decision for PF on his midfield....

I think he will struggle to get on the bench given the rise recently of Caldwell and Handling. You would assume Doyle was ahead of him also. The bench is going to be a very sore one for a couple of players IMO and really do not understand this only 5 subs nonsense in cup games.

Final team (injuries permitting)

Williams

Clancy
McPake
Hanlon
McGivern

Doyle??
Taiwo
Claros
Thomson
Harris

Griffiths

Subs
Murdock
Forster
Maybury
Robertson
Handling/Caldwell?

Brightside
13-05-2013, 10:23 AM
I'm not actually "anti" any Hibs player - I just give my opinion on some performances as I see them - I think he can play better than he does, but I feel he doesn't deliver often enough. The team he played against yesterday was one of the poorest Hearts teams I've seen for a long time. I think Hibs have major defensive problems - it's been obvious all season - they (the defence) will all need to play a lot better than that against the champions - BTW not everyone had problems distributing the ball yesterday - Griffiths - Claros- Thompson - Taiwo - Harris - no probs...

Personally i can only think of a handful of poor games from Hanlon this year. A huge amount of that is him having to cover for an unfit partner. Our defence is a 100 times better when McPake isnt playing. Assuming Forster puts in another good show on Wednesday, Pat is going to have a ballsy call to make and the call should be to drop the Captain for the final and give that arm band to KT.

seven nowt
13-05-2013, 10:53 AM

I agree with this. The 90-minute memory-span some Hibees withhold is fickle and embarrassing. Stevenson isn't the type of player you want if your an ambitious club. If we sold him, I couldn't imagine another SPL side would take him (barring Partick Thistle, who may be looking for a player with experience in the SPL) Our standard must be raised. You won't see Motherwell keeping players that have the work ethic but not enough quality. They've nearly got a squadful of players with both physical and technical ability.

Performances like the one the the other day won't come around weekly, but the sooner it does the better. Saying that, a win against Celtic no matter how we play will do me! :thumbsup:

Fergus52
13-05-2013, 10:56 AM

:faf:

seven nowt
13-05-2013, 10:56 AM
Thank **** your no the manager then

If Jose Mourinho was the manager, folk like you would still find something to criticize him about! :na na:

The Baldmans Comb
13-05-2013, 11:31 AM

I can't agree more.What people see in Stevenson apart from a hard working wee trier completely mystifys me.

His first half performance was misreable.3 awful passes then caught in possesion and continual punts up the wing. He improved 2nd half as it just wasn't possible to get any worse.

Foster was my man of the match as to make such an impressive debut at such a young age and at such an intimidating venue bodes so well for the future closely followed by Harris,Claros and Griffths who is quickly running out of superlatives.