PDA

View Full Version : Young players coming through again (Caldwell, Forster & Harris)

nellio
12-05-2013, 01:36 PM
Great performance from the 3 young lads today.

These boys are giving me a real optimism about next year and the next few years as well. If these lads continue to progress and we keep Leigh and add a few decent players in the Summer i've got real feeling of optimish for next year and the years ahead. Should give Hanlon a mention as well as he's decent and still young.

Hibbylad86
12-05-2013, 01:40 PM
Agreed! Such a great sight to see us playing youth once more. Even better when the through in performances like we saw today.

We will see a bit of inconsistency from them so let's just see how the go when things aren't going all our way

hibeedonald
12-05-2013, 01:45 PM
All of a sudden doing the job!

Sean1875
12-05-2013, 01:46 PM
The future is looking very bright for Hibs :agree:

nellio
12-05-2013, 01:46 PM
Agree in that they arn't going to be great every game, they're young lads and still learning. Lets hope everyone gets on and supports them not like some cock in the east stand at the St Mirren game giving Handling a load of greif.

Baader
12-05-2013, 01:48 PM
Spot on. Caldwell I didn't see that much of second half but what a goal. Such a clever strike and had the composure to bend it in top corner. He didn't snatch at it. Showed a real cool head. Brilliant!

Treadstone
12-05-2013, 01:49 PM
Also shows the lads in the u20s that there is a clear path to the first team.

Stringer
12-05-2013, 01:49 PM
Head and shoulders above that Hearts mob. That Carrick gets paid to play football. Wow.

Pretty Boy
12-05-2013, 01:51 PM
The best youngsters on the park today where wearing green.

Fact.

Heisenberg
12-05-2013, 01:51 PM
Delighted for them. Brilliant to see the young guys getting a chance and I hope they get to keep their places on Wednesday/Saturday. I thought these Hearts youngsters were meant to be brilliant by the way? :faf: :fenlon

NOLA
12-05-2013, 01:53 PM
Spot on. Caldwell I didn't see that much of second half but what a goal. Such a clever strike and had the composure to bend it in top corner. He didn't snatch at it. Showed a real cool head. Brilliant!
all good strikers the time seems to slow down in there heads and they can pick there spots :agree:

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-05-2013, 01:55 PM
Its up to the boss to realise that its the case, well done the lads for taking their chance.

shamo9
12-05-2013, 01:56 PM
Stevenson, Hanlon, Thomson, Harris, Forster and Caldwell. The Hibs conveyor alive and kicking once again:flag:

Hibbylad86
12-05-2013, 02:16 PM
Stevenson, Hanlon, Thomson, Harris, Forster and Caldwell. The Hibs conveyor alive and kicking once again:flag:

With more to come! A lot more

SteveHFC
12-05-2013, 02:28 PM
Tremendous :top marks

Dashing Bob S
12-05-2013, 02:31 PM
A massive triumph for Hibs, given that we were up against the most exciting crop of young Scottish players to emerge since Hearts last won the war.

Baldy Foghorn
12-05-2013, 02:31 PM
All 3 played their part Today, impressed with Forster....Boozy loves running at players, and Caldwell will run all day for the cause. Class finish for his goal.....Plenty to look forward to with these guys coming through.....

blackpoolhibs
12-05-2013, 02:36 PM
How much better does it feel when its kids who come through the ranks that do well, rather than someone we buy or bring in from another club? :top marks:flag::flag::flag:

jdships
12-05-2013, 02:38 PM
With more to come! A lot more

My lads at EM's tell me there are another three that could well be in the first team pool next season :flag:

Andy74
12-05-2013, 02:47 PM
What a difference a winger makes though eh. I've said a few times but when Cairney and Spoony were playing well so were we. I think Pat wants us to win and entertain but we've been short of quality wide players. Harris has really kick started things again for us.

scuttle
12-05-2013, 02:51 PM
Dont forget young Danny Handling either

BEEJ
12-05-2013, 02:56 PM
How much better does it feel when its kids who come through the ranks that do well, rather than someone we buy or bring in from another club? :top marks:flag::flag::flag:
:agree: Indeed. :top marks

I hope this week the club starts to build on the feel-good-factor from today (and this past week at U-20 level) by announcing that we've tied up the likes of Forster and Harris on longer-term contracts.

Purehibee_MYB
12-05-2013, 03:08 PM
I was saying this after the game! I finally have that feeling that we are producing top quality youngsters once again.. Harris is something else and Caldwell's finishing looks brilliant with the two goals he's got so far! Not to mention Handling looking bright and now Forster showing that he is more than capable. The future is bright! :flag:

Viva_Palmeiras
12-05-2013, 03:14 PM
All of a sudden doing the job!
Surely not sure I heard Alex Ferguson swear that the worst thing he ever did was open up a pesky academy in his farewell speech - surely the blueprint model for others to follow - down with academies! :wink:

Andy74
12-05-2013, 03:15 PM
Stanton and Horribine seem not too far off a game either.

Stevie Reid
12-05-2013, 03:17 PM
Stanton and Horribine seem not too far off a game either.

From what I've heard, Stanton is a cracking wee player. A couple of mates watched the U20s during the week and said Horribine was a stand out.

RoYO!
12-05-2013, 03:20 PM
East mains doing the job?? :P haha where is that can of worms smiley

neil7908
12-05-2013, 05:20 PM
A couple of months ago I felt we would need to bring in 5,6 or 7 players to deal with the departures that will take place in the summer and to fill other gaps in the team. We will still need to stregnthen, even if the likes of Griffiths, McGivern, Thomson, Claros end up staying but I'm really confident that we can 'recruit' largely from our youth setup.

If the guys that have been in the squad already can keep pushing on and we can promote 2-3 others that would be fantastic as we can focus on using our resources on keeping the likes of Leigh and Claros and maybe adding another 2-3 quality, experienced players.

ozzie
12-05-2013, 05:54 PM
From what I've heard, Stanton is a cracking wee player. A couple of mates watched the U20s during the week and said Horribine was a stand out.

still got donaldson to get back to fitness after his injury too, good to see quality coming though from the youth academy once again.

Craig_in_Prague
12-05-2013, 05:58 PM
Dont forget young Danny Handling either

Well said!
Like him too and helped a lot turning around the semi final.
Not sure where his best / fav. position is tho?

Treadstone
12-05-2013, 06:01 PM
Agents and scouts back off. Our young players are rubbish. Honestly.

fife hfc
12-05-2013, 06:05 PM
I've still not written off callum booth. If we could get him back and playing with confidence I think him on the left of midfield and harris on the right with two experienced central midfielders would be great next season. don't write him of too quickly as O'Connor was written off early in his career an I seem to remember alan hutton at the huns being slagged and told he was not good enough but proved people wrong in the end.

Alfred E Newman
12-05-2013, 06:32 PM
I have often moaned on here about the apparent lack of talent coming through the youth set up but this last few weeks have opened my eyes. I think I recall Fenlon saying that maybe he should have given some of them their chance before now. Its very encouraging for the future if we don`t start flogging them of course.