PDA

View Full Version : Jordon Forster

Jones28
12-05-2013, 01:04 PM
I think this lad deserves a thread of his own. What a debut that was. Magnificent

hibIBZ
12-05-2013, 01:06 PM
Very impressed thought he was excellent

McD
12-05-2013, 01:06 PM
It is a huge and deserved compliment to say, we didn't ever look like we had a young lad at the back, and that we didn't miss our captain

1875HFC
12-05-2013, 01:08 PM
:not worth

ColintonHibs
12-05-2013, 01:08 PM
Top class

Andy74
12-05-2013, 01:09 PM
Superb.

Franck Stanton
12-05-2013, 01:10 PM
It is a huge and deserved compliment to say, we didn't ever look like we had a young lad at the back, and that we didn't miss our captain
Having not seen the game as yet, will take your word for it and add that it is great to see youth get it's chance - just goes to prove old adage that if you are good enough then you are old enough. This season has seen the emergence of Harris, Handling, Caldwell and now Jordan, gives us some hope for the seasons coming - now add a few quality players in the correct positions and things looking up

Baader
12-05-2013, 01:10 PM
Was solid. Looks like a nae nonsense centre half - which is the way to be.

Made Ngooooo look even s**tter than he actually is

wee Stevie
12-05-2013, 01:11 PM
Superb performance looking good for the future some good lads breaking through IMO

Pretty Boy
12-05-2013, 01:13 PM
Played very well although he was only dealing with N'Pish.

Na seriously was solid and had a debut to be proud of.

down-the-slope
12-05-2013, 01:13 PM
lots of positive Beeb radio compliments from Robbo and others - could not believe his size for 19, and his composure. Glad for Hanlon to have another footballer beside him

SON OF PADDY
12-05-2013, 01:15 PM
Well Played Jordan ! It looked like you've been playing there all season. Take a bow son

Humo
12-05-2013, 01:15 PM
Better than McPake by a mile!

lucky
12-05-2013, 01:16 PM
Played well but credit to Hanlon for talking him through the game

BOB MARLEYS DUG
Hope he starts again next week!

HIBERNIAN-0762

This...

seven nowt
12-05-2013, 01:17 PM
Watched him several times for U20's..was best Hibs player every single time. Harris and Forster could be on to big things. :thumbsup:

BUT, McPake is still a strong centre half. We can't be fickle enough to forget what he is capable of. He will refind his form, no doubt.

Dinkydoo
12-05-2013, 01:19 PM
Big, strong, athletic and organised. Just what we needed today. Hope to see a lot more of him next season.

As an aside I thought Maybury was excellent at RB today too.

GreenArmy1875
12-05-2013, 01:19 PM
Thought he was fantastic alongside hanlon today!!

blackpoolhibs
12-05-2013, 01:21 PM
Brilliant, just brilliant. :top marks

Brightside
12-05-2013, 01:24 PM
Brilliant, just brilliant. :top marks

All 4 in defence had good games. But Hanlon and Forster looked like a couple of old pros. Keep them in there from now on.

Dashing Bob S
12-05-2013, 01:33 PM
Brilliant today. Always great to see the emergence of a talented young football player in Edinburgh. It cancels out some of the gloom and doom in capital footballing circles over the likely demise of Hearts.

Hibbylad86
12-05-2013, 01:38 PM
Brilliant! You would have thought he had played in the first team against them a dozen times the way he played today.

Hopefully the start of a very bright future young man!

danhibees1875
12-05-2013, 01:39 PM
Brilliant today. Always great to see the emergence of a talented young football player in Edinburgh. It cancels out some of the gloom and doom in capital footballing circles over the likely demise of Hearts.

:agree: I've been looking for something to counter that depressing feeeling I've had at the thought of Hearts being royally pumped on and off the field.

nellio
12-05-2013, 01:39 PM
Agree 100% looked like he'd been playing for years!

Stevie Reid
12-05-2013, 01:42 PM
Handled the occasion as well as he handled two big, awkward strikers - superb. Hanlon excellent again, whole back four as a unit were really good. Maybury made a couple of errors but I thought he played well again and has done us well this season. I may be wrong, but I think that Stevenson may have a pretty decent derby record at Tynie.

Yet another different back four combination used this season, have been loads.

TomoHFC
12-05-2013, 01:43 PM
He had a great game one for the future

cad
12-05-2013, 01:45 PM
Well done son fantastic effort today

Heisenberg
12-05-2013, 01:48 PM
Didnt look out of place whatsoever. Fantastic debut in what was a big game, handled everything well and made a mockery of Liverpool starlet Ngoo :not worth

essexhibee
12-05-2013, 01:49 PM
Was class. So much for hearts having the best youngsters !

SteveHFC
12-05-2013, 02:19 PM
Agreed :thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
12-05-2013, 02:25 PM
I cant remember if it was Brooster or Scoopyboy who said Forster was the best centre half we had at the club last season, well whoever it was might just be right? :thumbsup:

allezsauzee
12-05-2013, 02:30 PM
He wasn't up against much today but dealt with the occasion with ease.

Baldy Foghorn
12-05-2013, 02:33 PM
Will certainly give PF a poser, I thought Forster looked solid and comfortable, and played great alongside Hanlon....

Green Man
12-05-2013, 02:39 PM
He was superb, you'd never have known it was his first game.

Dashing Bob S
12-05-2013, 02:39 PM
Was class. So much for hearts having the best youngsters !

To be fair to Hearts, when they boast that they've had the best youngsters, they mean something entirely different.

Wotherspiniesta
12-05-2013, 02:44 PM
I cant remember if it was Brooster or Scoopyboy who said Forster was the best centre half we had at the club last season, well whoever it was might just be right? :thumbsup:

It was Brooster. :aok:

Forster had a great game today. Coped excpetionally well and was very vocal with the backline. Looked like a pro out there.

Gives the manager a headache before the final.

blackpoolhibs
12-05-2013, 02:45 PM
To be fair to Hearts, when they boast that they've had the best youngsters, they mean something entirely different.

:faf:

Bostonhibby
12-05-2013, 02:51 PM

:agree: They are the best youngsters at Tynecastle - it's all for the believers benefit - ignore the stats.

I am sure this "golden generation" are more likely to end up as just another golden shower from Gorgie. If their busted flush of a club lasts that long.

The Harp
12-05-2013, 02:55 PM
What a performance and result for Jordon in his first game for the big team (oops, heard that before somewhere). Only saw him for the first time on Thurs for the under 20's and have been raving about him since.
Such a sweet feeling beating that bunch on their own patch and with a late winner. Superb!!!:flag:
Well done to all. Caldwell took his goal like a veteran and Leigh's free kick was up to his usual standard.
Great day to be a Hibee!:aok:

MSK
12-05-2013, 03:00 PM
Big, strong, athletic and organised. Just what we needed today. Hope to see a lot more of him next season.

As an aside I thought Maybury was excellent at RB today too.:agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-05-2013, 03:09 PM
Very accomplished performance. Hopefully James McP will see this boy as a credible replacement for him, and make the point that everyone has to fight for their place.

GavinHarris 10
12-05-2013, 11:29 PM
Looked solid at the back against the huddies

Saturdays Hero
12-05-2013, 11:39 PM

Thought he was excellent,a bit harsh on Mcpake though,he's obviously carrying an injury or not fully fit & an injury free/fit McPake would be one of the 1st names on the team sheet,taking nothing away from Forster who had a cracking debut & hopefully a sign were pointing in the right direction.

WestEndHibee
12-05-2013, 11:41 PM
I must admit when I saw the teamsheet I was nervous for Jordan with his debut being at CB against them, but he showed I had no reason whatsoever to be nervous, had n'goner all sewn up for the first minute. Then on top of this when you consider he's played 270+ minutes of football since Tuesday, it really shows how class he is.

SMAXXA
12-05-2013, 11:48 PM

Easy!

He did great for his debut, didn't think he had too much to do, every time he did he done well, launched it out the park at times like a no nonsense centre half, the lad deserves massive credit well done Jordan.

hibees 7062
12-05-2013, 11:49 PM

I remember talking to Alistair Stevenson last year and he was raving about this boy. He said he will be a Scotland player in the future. I'm sure his brother was with Celtic and his dad brought Jordon to us due to a fall out

Saturdays Hero
12-05-2013, 11:50 PM
I must admit when I saw the teamsheet I was nervous for Jordan with his debut being at CB against them, but he showed I had no reason whatsoever to be nervous, had n'goner all sewn up for the first minute. Then on top of this when you consider he's played 270+ minutes of football since Tuesday, it really shows how class he is.

Tbh I didn't know what to expect from Forster,Ngoo & Sutton should be handful for any defence atleast from they're physical side of the game but the pair of them were as useless as a wet fart,Forster was class.

SMAXXA
12-05-2013, 11:54 PM
Handled the occasion as well as he handled two big, awkward strikers - superb. Hanlon excellent again, whole back four as a unit were really good. Maybury made a couple of errors but I thought he played well again and has done us well this season. I may be wrong, but I think that Stevenson may have a pretty decent derby record at Tynie.

Yet another different back four combination used this season, have been loads.

Weakest of our back 4 today, certainly wasn't excellent :wink:

Special mention for Stevenson, thought ha was immense

cam75
13-05-2013, 12:11 AM
2 big lumps from PF and 2nd gear not required,would like to see more footage from game as only on radio up in Aboyne,lets push the team on and back the future :-)

MWHIBBIES
13-05-2013, 01:53 AM
Better than McPake by a mile!:faf: He has played 1 game ffs

Brightside
13-05-2013, 07:07 AM

You'd really have to spend a long time trying to find faults in the performance of hanlon yesterday.

13-05-2013, 08:15 AM
Not that N'Goo and Sutton cased him much bother but yes a good debut so well done to him :)!

Keith_M
13-05-2013, 08:21 AM
Maybe East Mains ISN'T such a waste of money after all.

:wink:

oconnors_strip
13-05-2013, 08:38 AM
I remember talking to Alistair Stevenson last year and he was raving about this boy. He said he will be a Scotland player in the future. I'm sure his brother was with Celtic and his dad brought Jordon to us due to a fall out

Jordon use to play for Celtic before signing with hibs

Leishy1995
13-05-2013, 08:50 AM
:agree: They are the best youngsters at Tynecastle - it's all for the believers benefit - ignore the stats.

I am sure this "golden generation" are more likely to end up as just another golden shower from Gorgie. If their busted flush of a club lasts that long.

Average age of hibs starting XI - 24

Average age of hearts starting XI - 25

They only had 3 under 20s in the XI all having started derbies prior to the game.

Our 3 made derby debuts and outshone

SMAXXA
13-05-2013, 09:05 AM
You'd really have to spend a long time trying to find faults in the performance of hanlon yesterday.

Was tongue and cheek replying to my mate, couldn't fault any player each to a man were excellent :agree:

GreenCastle
13-05-2013, 09:12 AM
Played very well - wanted to get on the ball - did his job and loved his celebrations at the end - looked a real leader.

Promising for the future - not quite sure what happens with McPake now - as his form has clearly dropped over the last few months.

Argylehibby
13-05-2013, 11:12 AM
Played well but credit to Hanlon for talking him through the game

Before kick off the others in the back 4, but Hanlon in particular, were giving Jordan lots of encouragement which was great to see.

Spike Mandela
13-05-2013, 11:18 AM

I thought Hanlon played well but thought Stevenson was a bit dodgy at times. 100% effort from the lad but gave the ball away too easily a few times and just seems a bit too wee for me. Opinions eh:rolleyes:

Overall a great team effort though and Forster can be proud of his debut.

Aldo
13-05-2013, 11:20 AM
He did the simple things simple. Was helped by Hanlon and Maybury. Took up some very good positions and strolled the game. His best tackle of the game in the 2nd half was penalized as a foul on Ngoo.

Back 4 played very well but most importantly we played like a Team. The team was also well balanced.

Hopefully more to come

--------
13-05-2013, 11:30 AM
We finally have youngsters coming through again, which is good both for the team and for the club as a whole. We need to develop our own talent to improve on the field and build the club financially.

I think this is the guy we should be thanking - he seems to have stirred things up and really got things moving again.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/javaImages/7/f/0,,10290%7E10161927,00.jpg

Looking at the squad, we can say that Harris, Handling, Caldwell, Forster, Donaldson, and Stanton are all knocking on the first-team door now, and I'm sure there are a few more besides.

What's also good is that they none of them appear to be Billy Big-Boots types - focused, sensible, and very talented.

I just hope Rod's paying Jim what he's worth.

truehibernian
13-05-2013, 11:49 AM
We finally have youngsters coming through again, which is good both for the team and for the club as a whole. We need to develop our own talent to improve on the field and build the club financially.

I think this is the guy we should be thanking - he seems to have stirred things up and really got things moving again.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/javaImages/7/f/0,,10290%7E10161927,00.jpg

Looking at the squad, we can say that Harris, Handling, Caldwell, Forster, Donaldson, and Stanton are all knocking on the first-team door now, and I'm sure there are a few more besides.

What's also good is that they none of them appear to be Billy Big-Boots types - focused, sensible, and very talented.

I just hope Rod's paying Jim what he's worth.

What it should also do Doddie is provide enough incentive for both Callum Booth and Scott Smith to have the hunger and desire over summer to push themselves into Pat's thoughts - Sam Stanton, if he's recovered fully after his recent injury set back, will also walk into that side if given a chance.

I've always watched midfielders and strikers when watching youth games, but the lad Baptie really does excite me I have to say (left back). He's got everything about him physique wise. Andy Black the right back is lightening quick and brave as a lion. It's the first time in a wee while I've spent games watching our young defenders rather than further up the pitch - they play as a really good unit back there.

Up the pitch, young Jay Doyle has that Kenny Miller instinct - right place, right time - needs to cut out the backchat to refs and stay focused in games, but he's another who if he keeps the heid will be a really good player. Looks like he is working on his upper body strength too as he has added power to his game.

Higgy115
13-05-2013, 12:32 PM
Reminded me a bit if Kevin McCanns debut, i think it was up at Pitoddrie where camera showed boys in tunnel about to come out and you saw him shouting getting himself pumped up, saw yesterday with Jordan, same cracking debut.

--------
13-05-2013, 01:14 PM
What it should also do Doddie is provide enough incentive for both Callum Booth and Scott Smith to have the hunger and desire over summer to push themselves into Pat's thoughts - Sam Stanton, if he's recovered fully after his recent injury set back, will also walk into that side if given a chance.

I've always watched midfielders and strikers when watching youth games, but the lad Baptie really does excite me I have to say (left back). He's got everything about him physique wise. Andy Black the right back is lightening quick and brave as a lion. It's the first time in a wee while I've spent games watching our young defenders rather than further up the pitch - they play as a really good unit back there.

Up the pitch, young Jay Doyle has that Kenny Miller instinct - right place, right time - needs to cut out the backchat to refs and stay focused in games, but he's another who if he keeps the heid will be a really good player. Looks like he is working on his upper body strength too as he has added power to his game.

Yup. Booth and Smith were in my mind, but I'm not sure how PF sees them. Add these 6 guys to the ones I mentioned, and we have a lot of talented youngsters to boost the squad numbers. I would rather see them being given a chance - maybe only for the last 10 minutes of a game at first - than spending scarce resources on journeymen who come in for a season or two and who maybe lack a real sense of loyalty to the club?

Thing is - all these young lads are gooid prospects. Even of we had a 50% success rate with this group, that's a lot of fresh talent coming into the team. Jim McD is doing one heck of a job, IMO.

BEEJ
13-05-2013, 03:15 PM

Problem though for the younger players coming through is that they are already in a very competitive niche in the squad within their own age-group.

This recent article from the EEN named no fewer than nine young emerging players:

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/football/hibs/coaches-revel-in-rise-of-hibs-youngsters-1-2921769

Alex Harris, Danny Handling, David Gold, Dean Horribine and Bradley Donaldson were total strangers when they first met. Today they are a band of brothers, a tight-knit group of young hopefuls who know just how much they owe those – both family and coaches – who have stood behind them over the intervening years.

Harris and Handling have, of course, already made their first team debuts. Donaldson has enjoyed a seat on the bench and, along with Gold and Horribine, is tipped to be the next to graduate from Hibs impressive East Mains training complex.

While the quintet enjoy the distinction of having signed on at Hibs on the same day, they’ll be joined in Fenlon’s squad next season by Paul Grant, Ross Caldwell, Jordon Forster and Sam Stanton, meaning a remarkable nine home-grown players from this season’s 
under-20 side will be vying for a first team shirt next season.

So you just wonder how the likes of Callum Booth and Scott Smith are going to fare in the contest. There may not be room for all of these younger guys in the squad next season, and of course some of them are vying for similar playing positions (eg. Booth and Stanton?).

Throw in the names of Baptie, Black and Jay Doyle - all mentioned in your post - and we have no fewer than 14 youngsters vying for a place. That's half an SPL squad! :greengrin

Franck Stanton
13-05-2013, 03:51 PM
Problem though for the younger players coming through is that they are already in a very competitive niche in the squad within their own age-group.

This recent article from the EEN named no fewer than nine young emerging players:

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/football/hibs/coaches-revel-in-rise-of-hibs-youngsters-1-2921769

So you just wonder how the likes of Callum Booth and Scott Smith are going to fare in the contest. There may not be room for all of these younger guys in the squad next season, and of course some of them are vying for similar playing positions (eg. Booth and Stanton?).

Throw in the names of Baptie, Black and Jay Doyle - all mentioned in your post - and we have no fewer than 14 youngsters vying for a place. That's half an SPL squad! :greengrin
Sort of explains Fenlons recent comments about us going with the youngsters next season. Encouraging to say the least, hope they go on to enjoy success and have brilliant careers.

FromTheCapital
13-05-2013, 04:20 PM
Forster was excellent yesterday. Look composed on the ball and handled big N'goo brilliantly. I know N'goo is not exactly the best technical footballer but look what he done to us at the last Edinburgh derby at Easter Road... Seemed to get past McPake and Hanlon very easily that day unlike Forster who seemed to be up to the task. On the topic of McPake, he's our captain, he is undoubtedly a good centre back as he has proved towards the end of last season and at the start of this season. He will find his form again and in my opinion is not 100%. I look forward to seeing him back in action when he's playing at his full potential. Another well done goes out to Paul Hanlon for me who seemed to talk to guide Jordan through the game and had put in another very decent performance. Lewis Stevenson as usual, hardly put a foot wrong and gave his all for the jersey. Great respect also for Alan Maybury, who took a lot of stick from Hibs fans this season but has hardly put a foot wrong since his mistake against Hearts extremely early in the season (which might have gave him a bad impression to some of us) but he was very good yesterday and was always looking to release Harris infront of him, who tore McHattie for arse paper the whole game. Well done to the whole back four yesterday for putting a great defensive performance against the vermin... Finally!

:flag:

--------
13-05-2013, 04:27 PM

This is a good problem to have, BEEJ, provided PF can keep them all happy and competing. There's the basis in there of a solid foundation for the next few years, and if we can continue to produce this sort of talent, a much more sensible and rational foundation for the years beyond.

A club of Hibs' size needs to keep producing talented players; that way we can keep a competitive team on the pitch AND bring in the finance to develop the club for the future. We've talked about doing this for years - ever since East Mains was set up; maybe we're about to see some fruit?

BEEJ
13-05-2013, 06:12 PM
This is a good problem to have, BEEJ, provided PF can keep them all happy and competing. There's the basis in there of a solid foundation for the next few years, and if we can continue to produce this sort of talent, a much more sensible and rational foundation for the years beyond.

A club of Hibs' size needs to keep producing talented players; that way we can keep a competitive team on the pitch AND bring in the finance to develop the club for the future. We've talked about doing this for years - ever since East Mains was set up; maybe we're about to see some fruit?
:agree: Yep, far from the worst problem a football club can have. :cb

But I suspect that there may be some surprises / disappointment this summer at one or two of the younger players who will be unable to be accommodated.

SMAXXA
13-05-2013, 07:45 PM
:agree: Yep, far from the worst problem a football club can have. :cb

But I suspect that there may be some surprises / disappointment this summer at one or two of the younger players who will be unable to be accommodated.

Booth and Smith to name 2

MWHIBBIES
13-05-2013, 08:04 PM
Forster was excellent yesterday. Look composed on the ball and handled big N'goo brilliantly. I know N'goo is not exactly the best technical footballer but look what he done to us at the last Edinburgh derby at Easter Road... Seemed to get past McPake and Hanlon very easily that day unlike Forster who seemed to be up to the task. On the topic of McPake, he's our captain, he is undoubtedly a good centre back as he has proved towards the end of last season and at the start of this season. He will find his form again and in my opinion is not 100%. I look forward to seeing him back in action when he's playing at his full potential. Another well done goes out to Paul Hanlon for me who seemed to talk to guide Jordan through the game and had put in another very decent performance. Lewis Stevenson as usual, hardly put a foot wrong and gave his all for the jersey. Great respect also for Alan Maybury, who took a lot of stick from Hibs fans this season but has hardly put a foot wrong since his mistake against Hearts extremely early in the season (which might have gave him a bad impression to some of us) but he was very good yesterday and was always looking to release Harris infront of him, who tore McHattie for arse paper the whole game. Well done to the whole back four yesterday for putting a great defensive performance against the vermin... Finally!

:flag:For 10 minutes yes, not for the whole match.

Billy Whizz
13-05-2013, 08:07 PM
It's really great to see the young lads like Jordan, come in and put in a great performance, and how they enjoyed the occasion and the victory