PDA

View Full Version : Well Done Pat

down-the-slope
12-05-2013, 01:03 PM
:not worth Bold Team to go there and play football on a poor pitch with...delighted it got just reward

Our new generation just became men...not a shadow of lack of confidence....Hard job dropping any of that team :greengrin

Vault Boy
12-05-2013, 01:06 PM
Good football today, more willingness to attack and much more of a threat.

:pfgwa

Elephant Stone
12-05-2013, 01:08 PM
Heads must've gone down at half time. Brilliant response. :top marks

Franck Stanton
12-05-2013, 01:24 PM
Yes well done Pat, really pleased for you, Fenlon has received a lot of criticism on .Net in the past , [admittedly some of it merited - but a lot of it ott in my opinion] so when he gets it right deserves praise. Great result and great performance especially whe you consider the ages of the players involved who weren't just there to make up the numbers.

Vault Boy
12-05-2013, 01:26 PM
Yes well done Pat, really pleased for you, Fenlon has received a lot of criticism on .Net in the past , [admittedly some of it merited - but a lot of it ott in my opinion] so when he gets it right deserves praise. Great result and great performance especially whe you consider the ages of the players involved who weren't just there to make up the numbers.

Absolutely right.

Heisenberg
12-05-2013, 01:27 PM
Hope he gets the praise he deserves for the win today. Well done Paddy and the boys! :jmcp:

Captain Trips
12-05-2013, 01:27 PM
Indeed he needs wins and has taken every gane seriously great win and morale boost.

Pretty Boy
12-05-2013, 01:29 PM
Thought we played better in the 1st half, really well in fact. 2nd half was ugly with decent flashes but we stayed in the game and got the goals.

Stevie Reid
12-05-2013, 03:15 PM
Absolutely delighted for Pat, I've always had faith in him (which has been seriously tested at times in the second half of the season) and I have defended him as often as I've felt it right to do so.

He has brought us on this last 12 months no doubt, and I feel we have deserved more than we've got this season thus far - earlier in the season there were a lot of posters that claimed that we were lucky, I think if anything we've been rather unlucky this season.

He has got everything right in our 3 bottom six matches so far in terms of rotating the squad and putting out teams that want to win games. We have deserved to win all three and have played better with each one. Massive boost today, and a great boost ahead of the cup final - momentum is building up nicely.

Andy74
12-05-2013, 03:18 PM
Absolutely delighted for Pat, I've always had faith in him (which has been seriously tested at times in the second half of the season) and I have defended him as often as I've felt it right to do so.

He has brought us on this last 12 months no doubt, and I feel we have deserved more than we've got this season thus far - earlier in the season there were a lot of posters that claimed that we were lucky, I think if anything we've been rather unlucky this season.

He has got everything right in our 3 bottom six matches so far in terms of rotating the squad and putting out teams that want to win games. We have deserved to win all three and have played better with each one. Massive boost today, and a great boost ahead of the cup final - momentum is building up nicely.

Agree and he deserves our support to try and continue to rebuild the club. 2 Scottish Cup finals, a season unbeaten against Hearts. Should have been 3 wins against them. Early season was good and we are picking up again. Big job as usual over the summer but I trust him.

The Harp
12-05-2013, 03:19 PM
Delighted for Pat. Well done that man.
Didn't think it was a wise move playing Sparky but he seems to have come through it unscathed (a wee reluctant credit to the Yams defenders:wink:).

Diclonius
12-05-2013, 03:21 PM
Fenlon really has instilled a mental toughness in the derby we've needed for years now. For that alone I will back him for as long as he's at Easter Road.

blackpoolhibs
12-05-2013, 03:25 PM
Personally i thought he should not have bothered turning up for todays game, and just gave them the points. Today was meaningless and could have resulted in injuries for some of our players.

We should definitely forfeit the Kilmarnock and Dundee games to give us a rest and make sure everyone is fit for the 26th.

Northernhibee
12-05-2013, 03:26 PM
Last season when we played a slightly weakened team agianst ICT we lost 2-0 and showed no fight.

We play a slightly weakened team this season against that lot and we show fight, grit, determination and a desire to win a place in the cup final team.

'PLEASING'

down-the-slope
12-05-2013, 03:28 PM
Personally i thought he should not have bothered turning up for todays game, and just gave them the points. Today was meaningless and could have resulted in injuries for some of our players.

We should definitely forfeit the Kilmarnock and Dundee games to give us a rest and make sure everyone is fit for the 26th.

You will catch nothing with such sloppy casting as that...might as well chuck a concrete slab in .....:wink:

blackpoolhibs
12-05-2013, 03:38 PM
You will catch nothing with such sloppy casting as that...might as well chuck a concrete slab in .....:wink:

I have no idea what you mean? :wink:

iwasthere1972
12-05-2013, 03:42 PM
By his bold team selection and his touchline reactions he knew how much it meant to hang these clowns out to dry. Doesn't revenge the 5-1 humbling last year but it certainly helps.

To all you Yams brave enough to be looking in :fenlon we own the city now. :flag: :flag: :flag:

SkintHibby
12-05-2013, 03:42 PM
Well done Pat.

I think he needs time to turn the good ship Hibernian around.

Seems to get results in the big games and that is what we need!:agree:

Thecat23
12-05-2013, 03:43 PM
Pat got his team selection spot on today and more importantly like a few of us have said. Go 4-4-2 against Hearts and press them, then hearts will buckle. They hate teams pressing them. Sit off like before hearts will win. Finally these young lads knew how to beat hearts today from under 20 games and had no fear. The futures bright.

The Harp
12-05-2013, 04:21 PM
Liked Pat's after-match quote when referring to the performance of Forster:

"Jordon Forster was different class at centre-half because he's come up against two big lumps today and he's dealt with them really well."

Spot on Pat!:top marks

Pat 0-7
12-05-2013, 04:30 PM
Well done Pat, I'll even give him top marks for a substitution that led to setting up the winner !!!! :greengrin

JimBHibees
12-05-2013, 04:34 PM

Completely agree we really need to support him and give him a chance to do his job. There has been enough signs of progress to see we are going in the right direction.

matty_f
12-05-2013, 04:37 PM
Going a season unbeaten against the Yams including wins on our patch and theirs (should really be 3 wins but for inept refs), and dumping them out the cup is probably something that countless Hibs managers haven't managed, so well done Pat.

Purehibee_MYB
12-05-2013, 04:40 PM
Seems like the youngsters really like him as a manager too! and Leigh, he called him a father figure.. Can't be a bad thing! Well done Pat! :thumbsup:

ronaldo7
12-05-2013, 04:40 PM
Liked Pat's after-match quote when referring to the performance of Forster:

"Jordon Forster was different class at centre-half because he's come up against two big lumps today and he's dealt with them really well."

Spot on Pat!:top marks

I heard that one as well...***** BRILLIANT PATRICK:thumbsup:

The Green Goblin
12-05-2013, 04:59 PM
I think Fenlon is on a steep learning curve. He's made mistakes, as any manager will, especially any manager new to the SPL, but what matters is: is he learning from them and how quickly is that happening? I wonder if (and I`m not getting carried away after one result) this is starting to click. Changes in formation and defence today and look how much improved the performance was. He said after the game that some players had given him "food for thought" and that was good to hear. I am delighted for Fenlon today, but I do think in general he needs to be a bit more flexible about the formation and have the faith to go for it a bit more often. In Harris, Caldwell and Griffiths to name but three, we have players who will put the ball in the net and cause massive problems for any defence. Perhaps his post match comments today reflect that this is dawning on him. And because this is .net, let me be clear that none of the above is intended either negatively or critically.

Great to see a result like that. I disagree with the idea that players shouldn`t play because of the cup final. Momentum can be lost and that crucial spark or match sharpness can be dulled.

Well done Hibs. Well done Pat. Great derby record this year - should have been 3 wins, as others have said.

Funny how things pan out when you can`t play a team of players with money you don`t have, isn`t it. :greengrin Yams - GIRFUY.

neil7908
12-05-2013, 05:05 PM
Really pleased not just with the win but the fact we went out, had a go and played the best football today.

Midfield were excellent - Harris is looking a real gem and giving us a directness we've lacked all season. Taiwo, Claros and Thomson strolled through today and were always looking to make a pass. Great to see us not get bullied in midfield aswell with all 3 not afraid to get stuck in.

The defence, despite missing 3 out of 4 regular starters looked fine and coped well with the physical stuff from Sutton and Ngoo. Big credit to Forster for coming in and not looking out of place on his debut, big questions to be asked about who plays in defence for the final couple of leagues games and the final.

What a finish by Caldwell, when I've seen him play I think he's drifted in and out of games but thats to be expected of someone his age. Great pressing by Leigh for the goal aswell. That is why he is adored by the fans as not only does he score brilliant goals, he'll run himself into the ground.

Also wanted to give credit to Robertson, he did really well to pick the ball up in that area and then had the composure to pick out Caldwell with a couple of players bearing down on him.

Fenlon showed today he can put a team out to win on a big occasion and like in the semi final, we've come from behind in a big game to get the result.

Well done him and all the team

hibsbollah
12-05-2013, 07:00 PM
He's given youth a chance and its paid off, emphatically.
He's turned our derby record around W2 D3 L0 since the final is outstanding.
He's got a Plan B. Played three attacking players today.
Played it on the deck today.
Made the correct subs that won the game.
Showed passion. Loves it here.
Has developed Griffiths' game, which he hasnt been given nearly enough credit for.

May 26th is all he needs now :aok:

HibeeSince85
12-05-2013, 07:14 PM
Well done Paddy.

The Harp Awakes
12-05-2013, 08:39 PM
Fenlon has toughened Hibs up since he came and we are much harder to beat now. It is quite a remarkable turnaround when you consider the state Calderwood left us in. At times this season we haven't been pretty to watch but the Manager has brought in the young players at the right time and it's freshened the team up.

Well done Paddy:aok:

wookie70
12-05-2013, 08:40 PM
A well deserved win and good to see that there is no some younger players making a breakthrough. I think Pat has made a massive difference to the players attitude even when we were playing poorly and not picking up results I always thought the players put in the effort and cared. That is sometimes all you can ask for. He does however need to look at the decision to change the formation to one up front for all those games in the middle of the season. We look so much stronger with 2 up front and are certainly far more entertaining to watch.

If he can match this years pogress next year then we will be going places. He has definately been a step up in managers from what we have put up with in recent years and comes accross as passionate, hard working and a genuinely likeable guy. I have always liked Managers and players for that matter who wear their heart on their sleeve. Hopefully in years to come there will be a statue of Pat in Albion Road in the famous GIRUY pose. I can always dream.

KingFranck
12-05-2013, 09:43 PM
Quote on BBC
Jordon [Forster] was different class at centre-half because he's come up against two big lumps today and he's dealt with them really well."

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: I've actually seen a lump of cheese move better than Ngoo :agree:

S4uzee
12-05-2013, 09:52 PM
Fenlon really has instilled a mental toughness in the derby we've needed for years now. For that alone I will back him for as long as he's at Easter Road.

Totally agree with this, feel a lot more confident now that they won't get walked over like before

FranckSuzy
13-05-2013, 12:54 AM
I love the fact that he appreciates what a derby win means for the fans, saying that was for us :thumbsup:

TrickyNicky
13-05-2013, 02:35 AM
Well done Pat!

We looked good in the first half and played some of the best football I've seen us play in years.

It was positive, it was clever and we thoroughly deserved that win - we wanted it more than them for a change and Pat has to take a lot of credit for finally getting Hibs mentally prepared for big matches.

He seems to have instilled a foundation of confidence and toughness to build on.

:fenlon

Kaiser1962
13-05-2013, 07:17 AM
He's given youth a chance and its paid off, emphatically.

I think he deserves credit for the timing as well. He is giving the guys game time at the back end of the season when they have a better chance of doing well. Throwing them in too early dosent do them, or the team, any favours.

I have picked this out your post but I agree with the rest as well. :agree:

Brightside
13-05-2013, 07:27 AM
Last season when we played a slightly weakened team agianst ICT we lost 2-0 and showed no fight.

We play a slightly weakened team this season against that lot and we show fight, grit, determination and a desire to win a place in the cup final team.

'PLEASING'

Nothing Weak about that team in my view. First 11 on the team sheet next week please.

YehButNoBut
13-05-2013, 07:40 AM
Well done Pat and these players must have done a lot to make him keep the same team for the final.

Good interview here although they do try & drown him out with the music, even though the ground is empty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF2EeK6OldY

SaulGoodman
13-05-2013, 08:06 AM
Regardless of what happens against Celtic in the final..

I'm absolutely buzzing for next season! Think Harris is giving us the Cairney role we've been missing since December, eg running into the box.

GlenrothesHibee
13-05-2013, 09:17 AM
I think Pat deserves a lot of credit. He is continuing to turn round a club that, lets be honest, was a complete shambles. It has not been pretty or easy at times but put things in to perspective. ANOTHER cup final, beating THEM (3 times) this season, building a pretty handy squad, much better peformances than the previous few seasons. So well done Mr Fenlon. Keep up the progress over the next few seasons!

jacomo
13-05-2013, 10:48 AM
Going a season unbeaten against the Yams including wins on our patch and theirs (should really be 3 wins but for inept refs), and dumping them out the cup is probably something that countless Hibs managers haven't managed, so well done Pat.

:agree:

PF has extracted maximum revenge v Hearts this season. This does count as some kind of payback for the fans.

Of course, complete redemption would require another Hibs v Hearts final (and the reverse scoreline), but we were drawn against them in their first fixture as SC holders and took it. Can't ask for more.