PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Quality

Green Blood
12-05-2013, 01:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seOTx50LjkI

I was lucky enough to grow up during that great team that Eddie Turnbull put together! Alec Cropley was one of the finest players in Scotland at the time and was vastly underrated. A brilliant,midfielder with an eye for goal, one of the greatest passers of a ball ever! I remember he bought a house near Parsons Green Primary and was inundated with school kids knocking on his door wanting his autograph. He always obliged and had time for everyone.

I attended Parsons Green, in my class were David Bowman and John Robertson who was a hibby. Bowman was a Jambo as his dad Andy played for them.

Needless to say, our school team won many trophies, Inspectors Cup at Warriston etc. Does anyone remember this or were you involved in Primary School football around this time?

lyonhibs
12-05-2013, 05:35 AM
Parsons Green - the Primary School of the Great and Good :greengrin.

Where was his house nearby? I had a teacher who had taught Bowman et al. Didn't know wee fat Robbo was an alumni though?

Still remember the Primary School football tunes - one involving the immortal line "stick him in a river, pull him out make him shout, Hibees Forever" referring to a Jambo. Also the "big kids" always claiming to be from Edina Hibs who said they'd give you a sair yin if you didn't support Hibs.

Made that choice that wee bit easier :greengrin

lord bunberry
12-05-2013, 05:44 AM

Where was his house nearby? I had a teacher who had taught Bowman et al. Didn't know wee fat Robbo was an alumni though?

Still remember the Primary School football tunes - one involving the immortal line "stick him in a river, pull him out make him shout, Hibees Forever" referring to a Jambo. Also the "big kids" always claiming to be from Edina Hibs who said they'd give you a sair yin if you didn't support Hibs.

Lady bunberry went to parsons green but she would have been later than wee robbo but her older brother and sister must have been there about the same time

SouthMoroccoStu
12-05-2013, 06:11 AM

I also went to parsons green.

Don't like that fact Robbo went there

bingo70
12-05-2013, 06:12 AM
I went to Parsons green but the standard of player at hibs had dropped at hibs by then so we spent our time knocking on the door of reserve goalie Chris Reid who stayed near bye!