PDA

View Full Version : 'Meaningless derby'

.Sean.
11-05-2013, 09:50 PM
Jambo acquaintance spraffing about how it'll no matter if we win the morn as the game's 'meaningless'.

So meaningless that ****ing mob have sold out. Biggest game of the season for them - Not even the biggest game in the next fortnight for us.

**** THE HEARTS :brokenyam:

See you all in the Murrayfield bright and early :greengrin:casper::partyhibb:cheers:

lyonhibs
11-05-2013, 10:06 PM
There is - or rather, should never be, and I think thats been part of the mentality problem with Hibs teams in the past 30 odd years - no such thing as a "meaningless" derby for either side, ever.

Pretty Boy
11-05-2013, 10:09 PM
No such thing as a meaningless derby.

Obviously the SC final takes precedence for the team good enough to be there but I still want to win against these tramps as well.

hibsbollah
11-05-2013, 10:09 PM
I love Tynecastle derbies. Well overdue we gave them a doing:flag:

.Sean.
11-05-2013, 10:11 PM
I love Tynecastle derbies. Well overdue we gave them a doing:flag:
3-0 - Goal apeice from Dan Handling, Caldwell and Boozy.

It's true what RC said, our young lads merit their place - The Hearts lads are being played as there's no alternative. Hibs win.

Makaveli
11-05-2013, 10:21 PM
No such thing as a meaningless game against that lot!

It'll be bedlam when Griffiths scores at our end. Who cares if half the stand is empty? Didn't stop us when Riordan rolled in his penalty.

Look at the scenes — http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQKZZaGUZk4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQKZZaGUZk4). You don't get that watching in the pub. :wink:

lyonhibs
11-05-2013, 10:32 PM
We'll do what we always do at Tynecastle. Play on the back foot, flump it down the throat of their CB's all game long and hope to hell for a 0-0.

I can't see this panning out any other way. If our Cup Final players emerge unscathed, and we don't lose, I'll be reluctantly content. If we didn't have the 26th of May to keep in mind, I'd be upset with anything other than a win.

davhibby
11-05-2013, 10:36 PM
We've been due a win at that dump for too long. Any win will do

Sir David Gray
11-05-2013, 10:36 PM
We'll do what we always do at Tynecastle. Play on the back foot, flump it down the throat of their CB's all game long and hope to hell for a 0-0.

I can't see this panning out any other way. If our Cup Final players emerge unscathed, and we don't lose, I'll be reluctantly content. If we didn't have the 26th of May to keep in mind, I'd be upset with anything other than a win.

:agree: If I see Leigh Griffiths walking off the pitch after 90 minutes in one piece, I'll be happy.

As long as we haven't been hammered, obviously.

Sean1875
11-05-2013, 11:28 PM
No such thing as a meaningless game against that lot!

It'll be bedlam when Griffiths scores at our end. Who cares if half the stand is empty? Didn't stop us when Riordan rolled in his penalty.

Look at the scenes — http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQKZZaGUZk4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQKZZaGUZk4). You don't get that watching in the pub. :wink:

Goosebumps watching that, i've still never seen us win at Tynie in the years i've been going, always seem to get a result there when I'm not present and I'm stuck in Dundee doing exams just now.. just saying :greengrin:flag:

Hermit Crab
12-05-2013, 01:35 AM
Jambo acquaintance spraffing about how it'll no matter if we win the morn as the game's 'meaningless'.

So meaningless that ****ing mob have sold out. Biggest game of the season for them - Not even the biggest game in the next fortnight for us.

**** THE HEARTS :brokenyam:

See you all in the Murrayfield bright and early :greengrin:casper::partyhibb:cheers:

**** that I'm bevvied I'll turn up for kick off.

HH81
12-05-2013, 04:19 AM
Let's get stuck into them straight away.

Big win today, got feeling, Mon Hibs.

bingo70
12-05-2013, 05:22 AM

I'm hoping the fact Webster and zaliukas are out might mean its a bit different this time, having a winger willing to be direct and run at their full backs gives me cause for optimism as well.

For everyone saying its meaningless, I hope if pat does play a younger team than normal they cut him a bit slack if the result doesn't go our way (I have a feeling it will though)

AlbertK86
12-05-2013, 06:07 AM
I'm hoping the fact Webster and zaliukas are out might mean its a bit different this time, having a winger willing to be direct and run at their full backs gives me cause for optimism as well.

For everyone saying its meaningless, I hope if pat does play a younger team than normal they cut him a bit slack if the result doesn't go our way (I have a feeling it will though)

I read Webster was available again after suspension but Wilson a doubt

Whoever that mob play .... Lets get in about them

GGTTH

bingo70
12-05-2013, 06:14 AM
I read Webster was available again after suspension but Wilson a doubt

Whoever that mob play .... Lets get in about them

GGTTH

Ah right, I just read on here after he was sent off he'd miss the derby?

The Sea-gull
12-05-2013, 06:47 AM
"We are due a win there". This comment has come up a few times in reference to this game. I can't remember the last time we put in a performance worthy of a win there. Probably when we beat them with deek's pen. It's not like we have even been unlucky on any occasion lately. Wins in any game - not least derbies - have to be earned. Nobody is due anything.

brydekirk
12-05-2013, 06:53 AM
'Meaningless derby' talk is a sign of bricking it. :agree:

Very true

Treadstone
12-05-2013, 07:06 AM
"We are due a win there". This comment has come up a few times in reference to this game. I can't remember the last time we put in a performance worthy of a win there. Probably when we beat them with deek's pen. It's not like we have even been unlucky on any occasion lately. Wins in any game - not least derbies - have to be earned. Nobody is due anything.

This. "Due" has nothing to do with it, look at the Scottish Cup record. If we want a win we will have a better chance if we perform. We are well capable of winning today. Strongest team please Pat. Boozy to rip McGowan a new one, I guarantee a booking for him.

Carheenlea
12-05-2013, 07:15 AM
The mentality of the average Hearts fan is that should they lose to us today then they will tell you it was "meaningless", "couldn't care less", "two crap teams" etc. If they win however the game will suddenly be elevated to the highest importance.

This is why as a rule I never engage in any joshing with Hearts fans from my home town. Sure the clowns are the same where you are.

Hibercelona
12-05-2013, 07:52 AM
The mentality of the average Hearts fan is that should they lose to us today then they will tell you it was "meaningless", "couldn't care less", "two crap teams" etc. If they win however the game will suddenly be elevated to the highest importance.

This is why as a rule I never engage in any joshing with Hearts fans from my home town. Sure the clowns are the same where you are.

They certainly are!

Hibee87
12-05-2013, 08:28 AM

What I fully expect the responses from any jambos today, should we win are in no particular order:

5-1. 1902. Griffiths is a thumb. you didn't even make the top 6. hibs are still *****. grifiths is a thumb. hibs are an irrelevance to us, we'd take a win, but its only another game. you lot celebrate a win against us like you've won the league. Griffiths is a thumb.

any argument ended with FACT so it must be true, i.e we'll finish above you next season FACT (which just highlights how we are the benchmark for there season, not we'll finish 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc as long as its above hibs) lets be honest, you do get a good bit of comedy value from them yambos :faf:

12-05-2013, 10:05 AM
What I fully expect the responses from any jambos today, should we win are in no particular order:

5-1. 1902. Griffiths is a thumb. you didn't even make the top 6. hibs are still *****. grifiths is a thumb. hibs are an irrelevance to us, we'd take a win, but its only another game. you lot celebrate a win against us like you've won the league. Griffiths is a thumb.

any argument ended with FACT so it must be true, i.e we'll finish above you next season FACT (which just highlights how we are the benchmark for there season, not we'll finish 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc as long as its above hibs) lets be honest, you do get a good bit of comedy value from them yambos :faf:

Hahaha brilliant! I seem to remember a few season ago when they had Steve Fail as their manager, they beat us (the wee diddy irrelevant team) 1 - 0 at ER and they celebrated like they had just won the league. Surely since hearts are such a huge, big club whos main rivals are celtic not us, would be disappointed at only beating the wee diddy team 1-0 :confused:

And as for their 5-1 guff, let them sing 5-1 all they like, let them keep hiding behind it. Their club is dying because of that day coz it was a team they couldn't afford. Let them have their cheated scottish cup. We are stronger because of that day, they are weaker. We have another scottish cup final to look forward to whilst they scrimp and save every last penny to try save their frail club.

:fenlon:faf:

Carheenlea
12-05-2013, 10:15 AM
Truth is that Derbys should be celebrated like winning the league, what rivalry is all about.

Captain Trips
12-05-2013, 10:54 AM
When we are sitting 3rd 4 th then we can talk about meaningless matches, with 10 wins and 3rd bottom then that is simply nowhere near good enough to write off anything Cup final or not.

greenlex
12-05-2013, 12:41 PM
When we are sitting 3rd 4 th then we can talk about meaningless matches, with 10 wins and 3rd bottom then that is simply nowhere near good enough to write off anything Cup final or not.
I see you are still as miserable as ever.:rolleyes:

Captain Trips
12-05-2013, 12:58 PM
I see you are still as miserable as ever.:rolleyes:

That aside there are no ganes that are meaningless and I am glad to see Fenlon agrees.

TrickyNicky
12-05-2013, 01:07 PM
Well, that whole winning thing feels meaningless !

:giruy:

Onion
12-05-2013, 01:11 PM
Well, that whole winning thing feels meaningless !

:giruy:

Now that we've won, players have got through unscathed, its far from meaningless. The players will have taken a HUGE boost from that today.

And what about the Hibs fans who went to the match ? Thoroughly deserved to see the boys win it - well done to all. Would have loved to have been behind the goal when RCs shot hit the net - mental :thumbsup:

greenlex
12-05-2013, 01:15 PM
That aside there are no ganes that are meaningless and I am glad to see Fenlon agrees.
No argument here.:greengrin

Sean1875
12-05-2013, 01:43 PM
Goosebumps watching that, i've still never seen us win at Tynie in the years i've been going, always seem to get a result there when I'm not present and I'm stuck in Dundee doing exams just now.. just saying :greengrin:flag:

I told you's :faf:

Hibercelona
12-05-2013, 01:57 PM
It certainly wasn't meaningless to them when they scored the first goal. The only thing missing from their celebration was a firework display, it had everything else!