PDA

View Full Version : Neil Lennon...

3pm
11-05-2013, 07:13 PM
....gave his league winners medal to a fan today.

Good on him.

monktonharp
11-05-2013, 07:30 PM

Good on him.

hope it's a goodbye gift

Baldy Foghorn
11-05-2013, 07:31 PM

Good on him.

As much as he comes across as an erse, to give his medal to a young female supporter, is a terrific gesture, bet she can't believe it:not worth

greenlex
11-05-2013, 07:32 PM
Are we sure she didnt nick it?:greengrin

Www1875hfc
11-05-2013, 07:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZiyDgVO36g

The Harp
11-05-2013, 07:42 PM
My cousin (a Hibee) met him socially last year and said he was a really nice guy to talk to.
Credit where it's due, it was a nice gesture giving his winners' medal to the wee lassie - maybe Paddy will do the same.:wink:

Pretty Boy
11-05-2013, 07:42 PM
As much as he comes across as an erse, to give his medal to a young female supporter, is a terrific gesture, bet she can't believe it:not worth

I've said many times that whilst I don't blame people for their views of Lennon as all they see is the public persona; the few times i've met him at charity events i've found him to be a really nicr guy. He eent out of his way to help myself and the charity I worked for when Celtic as a club had blanked us.

He doesn't help himself but deep down I think he's not a bad guy. Still hope he's greeting on May 26th though.

Billy Whizz
11-05-2013, 07:45 PM

Good on him.

Trying to make up for making an idiot of himself about the SPA players award's. The sooner he goes to Everton or the like, the better for me

Stringer
11-05-2013, 07:48 PM
They love youngsters at Sellick.:cb

(not saying Lennon is a beast)

JimBHibees
11-05-2013, 07:49 PM
I've said many times that whilst I don't blame people for their views of Lennon as all they see is the public persona; the few times i've met him at charity events i've found him to be a really nicr guy. He eent out of his way to help myself and the charity I worked for when Celtic as a club had blanked us.

He doesn't help himself but deep down I think he's not a bad guy. Still hope he's greeting on May 26th though.

Got to be said thought incredibly cheeky of the kid to ask for the medal.

Have heard conflicting stories of Lennon personally some good one pretty appalling but you could probably say the same about any person on the planet.

DAVE1875
11-05-2013, 07:50 PM
he's still a yellow-toothed prick

Bostonhibby
11-05-2013, 07:52 PM
My cousin (a Hibee) met him socially last year and said he was a really nice guy to talk to.
Credit where it's due, it was a nice gesture giving his winners' medal to the wee lassie - maybe Paddy will do the same.:wink:

:agree: Posted before that I met him in a pub in Kelvinside through a mutual friend, it wasn't long after he had all the hassle with der hun orcs, surprisingly quiet and a really personable guy who went out his way to talk in some depth about football and life in general, really knowledgeable about Hibs and never had a bad word to say about us - total opposite of what I expected because of the public face.

My mate said he is always like that and mixes just like any other punter in the area. On match day he has a true winning mentality but not on the 26th.

Baldy Foghorn
11-05-2013, 07:59 PM

Nice to hear he isn't as bad as he is made out/appears

Billy Whizz
11-05-2013, 08:00 PM
Nice to hear he isn't as bad as he is made out/appears

Sounds like the thread title should be changed to "I love Neil Lennon"

Mr White
11-05-2013, 08:02 PM
I heard his address to the crowd at darkheid today on sportsound and he couldn't help but get a wee dig in at the other cheek of the oldfirm arse by saying Celtc had a proud unbroken history. On the one hand I found it quite funny but also a bit classless and unnecessary.

3pm
11-05-2013, 08:03 PM

Steady.

Baldy Foghorn
11-05-2013, 08:06 PM

I don't like him, but have never met him. I'm sure everyone has different persona's away from what they do.

iwasthere1972
11-05-2013, 08:06 PM
Same old Celtic copycats. Mourinho has already done that.

Pretty Boy
11-05-2013, 08:09 PM

Ok, I hate Neil Lennon. He took time out a busy schedule to attend an event I organised and done me a massive favour he had bo obligation to do. He was also very nice to a lot of kids with various illnesses.

Absolute **** that he is. Boooooooooo

Sir David Gray
11-05-2013, 08:12 PM
No idea what he is like in a private setting but from a football perspective, the guy's an annoying, obnoxious little twerp (keeping my language relatively clean since it is a family board).

I sincerely hope he is crying his eyes out in 15 days' time. :pray: